SELECT CONTENT

Farmer Wants a Wife - U.S.A - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Farmer Wants a Wife - U.S.A - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 29 Empty Re: Farmer Wants a Wife - U.S.A - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mtnlvr55 Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:11 pm

It's a cute show but I'm not sure why they bring so many women who don't even know what a farm is.
The preview with the long conversation of what a silo is cracked me up. (Course I am from the Midwest)
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Farmer Wants a Wife - U.S.A - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 29 Empty Re: Farmer Wants a Wife - U.S.A - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by provenceguy Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:10 am

It was a 2-hour show for me.
So far, I really like the farmers.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1891

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:35 am

I finally got to watch my recording last night.  I agree, they chose some good farmers, and I'm enjoying the eye-candy!  Particularly Mitchell.  He has a little bit of a Luke Bryan look to him, IMO.  And he seems sweet.

A few comments on some of the girls who were chosen:

Mitchell:
Sydney - of course she was first (or shown first, anyway).  Maybe he was so happy to have such a great start, but they seemed to really click.  She's one to watch.
Kiana - he ended up choosing her for his first 1-1 time.  Who knows if producers interject their opinions like they do on Bachelor, so did he decide he's more interested in her than Sydney, or was he encouraged to pick her instead?  However, Kiana seems to be really impressive also.  And strikingly beautiful.
Brittany - she is the fish out of water.  I don't see her lasting long.

Nathan:
Makenzie
- how can she not be a front-runner since her dream is to be a farmer's wife?  Let's go straight to the finale!
I actually don't think we got to see much of the other ladies, (one showed him how to golf), so what can really be said at this time?   It is really hard to have much of an opinion about them at this time.

Ty:
Melody
- got the first 1-1 time.  As I wondered before... producer pick?  Our of his 5, I would put her least likely to make it to the end.   She knows nothing about farming.  But who knows, maybe she'll take to it.
Brooke - horse lover.  She's my first pick to go far.  At least at this point.
We didn't see much of the other ladies for Ty.

Brandon:
Reba
aka "a beer" - first 1-1 date.  I like her confidence.  And she comes from a very small town (I assume; Spearfish SD).  But it was funny to see her reaction to finding out there are no restaurants in the closest town to Brandon's farm!
Brooklyn - fake nails girl.  I'm really curious to see how she does.  You would have thought she would have been smart enough not to wear them to meet a farmer.  It might have been all he needed to give her the boot.  However, it might have worked out in her favor to be able to tell him they aren't important and she'd happily give them up.

Somebody on this board introduced me to this recap last season.  I'm sorry to who it was for forgetting!  But I have enjoyed the commentary they've given.  It's by 4-6 people involved on this farming website.
https://www.lancasterfarming.com/country-life/family/farmer-wants-a-wife-recap-lets-chat-about-the-season-2-premiere/article_da51539c-c1d2-11ee-a795-3fe325c633a1.html

ETA:  I think @albean99 is who originally shared the recap from the Lancaster Farming site.  Smiley

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 651

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:59 pm

I think you're right, @Buckeye_Fan, but I had forgotten that so thanks for sharing it. I feel like I need to watch the show again before commenting because I was really tired when I watched it.

Interesting that you got 2 hrs, @provenceguy. My recording is 1 hr.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:08 am

I think I was wrong about the 2-hour premier.
Hugesmile Hugesmile
provenceguy
provenceguy

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:19 pm

Maybe it just felt longer, @provenceguy. giggling

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:21 am

This is my take on week 2:

Ty
Melody might be OK with a farmer as a person, but it would surprise me greatly if she could adjust to that lifestyle. She was grimacing when dirt was thrown at her and when they were shoveling manure. The others seemed to take that in stride.
Hard to believe he kept Melody but sent Erin home. I hope he spent more time with Erin than we saw, and they really were not clicking. Or maybe they had a big difference of opinion on something (such as politics) and it was a deal breaker.

Mitchell
At times Kiana looked like she was getting bored with him, but I may have been reading too much into her facial expressions. Then she brightened up after that, so who knows. Otherwise, it is nice that it sounds like there are more ladies chosen this season who might REALLY be a decent fit on a farm.
And then there's Brittany, who can't believe there are deer heads on the wall. It's not something I'd chose to have on my wall, but it's not a stretch that a farmer might also be a hunter who might have what he considers trophies on the wall.

Nathan
That really stinks that Mackenzie had to go back home for a family emergency! I hope she comes back! How odd is it that this has happened in both seasons? Somebody the farmer was excited about had to leave. It couldn't happen to one of the models or somebody who he wasn't as interested in. I scanned the previews from last week and this week as closely as I could to see if I could find her. The problem is, Nathan has 3 blondes (including Mackenzie). It's a little hard for me to tell them apart at this point. They showed him with 2 different blondes next week, but I think they're the other two. Hopefully the editors are just doing a better job of hiding returnees this year.

Brandon
He really does seem to be a sweetie. Reba was having a hard time conversing, but he was so patient. Later she seemed to open up a lot when she decided she should tell him who to get rid of! She speaks her mind! I do like her, but IMO, she shouldn't be trying to tell him what to do - at least not yet!
Joy is another model who probably should never have applied for this show. However, my guess is the producers want a mixture of good possibilities and girls who are afraid of getting their party dresses and spike-heeled boots dirty.
Brooklyn didn't take her nails off BEFORE working on the potatoes? Hopefully the producers asked her to leave them on as long as possible.

Has anyone ever seen the SNL parody of The Bachelor? The fake Bachelor and bachelorettes would say "I love that!" a lot. Now whenever I hear it, I cringe! I heard it this week on both The Bachelor and FWaW.

Buckeye_Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:29 am

I tried to do a little digging to see if I could find anything out about Mackenzie.  No big rumors, but this article surmised that it seems logical that she did return.
https://www.distractify.com/p/what-happened-to-makenzie-farmer-wants-a-wife

Mackenzie posted this, showing her in what appears to be a farm.  Could be an intentional false lead though.
Mackenzie on a farm

Nathan posted this IG picture with him and somebody else, who is hidden by a smiley face.  Not that it indicates it's Mackenzie, and for all we know it could be his best friend.
Nathan and Ms Smiley Face

Buckeye_Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:42 pm

Excellent reporting, Buckeye!
provenceguy
provenceguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:31 pm

Farmer Wants a Wife - U.S.A - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 29 2254279460 My recording last night didn't work! Farmer Wants a Wife - U.S.A - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 29 2292733854

I guess I'll be searching for my options. And no, I don't have cable. Actually, it looks like I can watch it online at fox.com, but of course that means I have to sit though the commercials. And there is no pausing. They allow about an hour for free, and the clock ticks constantly. If you can't be glued to your screen, you might miss something.

Buckeye_Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:32 pm

All righty, I'm OK now. We do have Hulu, and I figured out that I could watch FWaW there.

Interesting to learn that they ladies had been on the farms for a week by the beginning of this episode.

Ty
He said his ex-wife was a city girl.  You might think he'd shy away from city girls.  Even though we don't know how much of his ex's city girl background played into their divorce.
Brooke had some interesting comments about who Ty should go on a solo date with.  She exudes a lot of confidence.
He's taking Amy on his next solo date.  We really don't know a lot about her.

Brandon
It's understandable why Reba and Joy do not click, but Reba should trust that if Brandon chooses Joy over her, then he's not the guy for her.  She sounds more like she's insecure and/or jealous.
Joy still doesn't seem like she'd fit on a farm, but I personally like how "Joyful" she is and don't see that having anything do with authenticity.
Grace gets the next solo date, and she seemed to deserve it after living up to her name when she kindly tried to diffuse the tension brought up by Reba.

Nathan
Nobody is really standing out, IMO.  I can't think of anyone he might be clicking with.  Now I'm starting to think that Mackenzie, the girl he was most interested in, will not return to the show after all.
His next solo date will be with Rachel, who was feeling like things weren't progressing between them.

Mitchell
Sydney seems like such a great match for him, but I get the feeling she's going to get friend-zoned.
It was for the best to let Brittany go.  She didn't look like a fit from the start.
His next solo date will be with Kait, who we barely know anything about.

Buckeye_Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:55 pm

As I mentioned in my last post, we know very little about some of these ladies.  I found this 6 minute video on youtube that has a short commentary about each of the 5 women the farmers chose.  It was a nicer introduction than what we've had so far.  The one I found the most interesting to see more of is Taylor (Nathan).  
Meet the 20 Women on FWaW Season 2

Buckeye_Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Farmer Wants a Wife - U.S.A - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+13
provenceguy
Norcalgal
fletchy
Buckeye_Fan
suzq