SELECT CONTENT

Body Language Analysis - The Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Body Language Analysis - The Bachelorette 8 - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Body Language Analysis - The Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Post by nd4reality Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Archer23 wrote:They definitely re-shoot scenes. Ashley and JP had to re-shoot part of his proposal, because when Ashley first tried to answer him, she stumbled all over her words. And, of course, they re-shot Ben's rejection of Lindzi because she was unhappy with his initial attempt. Those are two of the most notable examples, but I've definitely heard references to this before.

giggling That sounded really funny when reading. Poor Lindzi - didn't like the way she was dumped and insisted he do it a second time and better for the camaras.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Body Language Analysis - The Bachelorette 8 - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Body Language Analysis - The Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Post by Archer23 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:19 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Archer23 wrote:They definitely re-shoot scenes. Ashley and JP had to re-shoot part of his proposal, because when Ashley first tried to answer him, she stumbled all over her words. And, of course, they re-shot Ben's rejection of Lindzi because she was unhappy with his initial attempt. Those are two of the most notable examples, but I've definitely heard references to this before.

giggling That sounded really funny when reading. Poor Lindzi - didn't like the way she was dumped and insisted he do it a second time and better for the camaras.
LOL. That's pretty much what happened. Apparently, she even told him what she wanted him to say to her when the cameras started rolling again. I wish we could have seen the outtakes.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Shelby wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
Shelby wrote:ok I thought of something. I will add the pics later to prove my theory.

kalon shared in a party and mocked emily about how she could not remember her parts and they had to re-do the shot again and again.

Lets move on about this douchebag but keep his comment on second degree.

1. interesting to know that most scenes are scripted or at least some of them
2. if producers did not find them acceptable they asked to re-do them

now...

I was bothered why in specific drama scenes, all of a sudden we saw emily smiling...

1. arie and emily on the stairs, she is miles away from him, explaining that she felt not supported, blah blah blah.... they are both unhappy people, not touching at all... THEN bam! we have this SC when she is smiling.

2. jef and emily in the pub, jef just told her the chloe bag, her reaction is not surprised or amused or emotional, pretty much a "thank you for saying that" and she tries to move on on another subject.... THEN bam! we see jef smiling or trying to hide his smile behind his beer mug .... and back to emily, she is almost looking the track of what she is saying and almost smile.

Sometimes I feel that there is a lack of spontaneity. no wonder IF they have to replay the scene again and again.... they are not actor and the fresh and spontaneous chat is lost in the numerous re-do

so we could all misinterpret the body language if we do not know that it the 10th re-do right?

what you think?

Shelby - at the risk of having my head bitten off, I saw and have been seeing very stilted body language between Jef and Emily. And I feel that he is leading the conversation (i.e. doing most of the talking) and she very much less. In a normal situation if I were Jef I would be asking for the check. Also if you want to see what I'm talking about check the deleted scene in episode 4 on the beach. Then tell me if there is good body language between them or uncomfortable. Sorry but I'm actually struggling to see this everylasting love connection and this has nothing to do with any of the other contestants being better or worse for Emily.
Also watch mondays date again. See how many PIs of gushing (that was sweet) from Jef were included in the edit. Now compare with what Emily was shown to be saying. Tell me if the lead is doing the leading or the contestant.

I do see a love connection between jef and emily :rosiecolored

and real attraction for arie and sean. although I think that arie lost tons of brownie points that he will try to gain back in next episode with ryan..... producers request? maybe, maybe not. Either arie was so scared to receive the last rose and got the 10/4 message or cassieL told him to move his ass if he did not want to leave earlier.

anyway... what I found bizarre was that words did not match the emotion.

Ashley Spivey if you read this: please let us know if it is common to re-do scenes. For sure we know that some PI are shot way after the event (the bentley incident when we hear ashley eating him alive and many others PI that makeup and hair are too different or perfect)

I will give emily the benefice of the doubt because she is not an actress. But so far it is the first time that it was flagrant to me that the lead could not keep her serious in a drama scene etc

note: you have the right to see whatever you wish dear, as long as you are expressing it like you do, graciously and with respect. my opinion of course.

I think it came out, primarily in the Andy Baldwin season, that they re-shoot scenes over and over. Tina, the medical student on that season, sang like a song bird about all the control that is used in filming this show. They said they would still be shooting at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning on some of the dates and definitely the RC's. I think that is why we hear the people sounding bored with strange body language sometimes. And, they often sound like they are reciting lines.

The scene in the London Eye with Emily and Jef looked to me like it was a re-shoot. First of all they are in this fairly small confined space with who knows how many other people staring at them and listening to every word they say. It appears to me that Emily was being distracted by someone when she repeatedly made quick glances to the side. IMO, the reason that she wasn't hanging on to his every word is because she had heard it all before.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Archer23 wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

LOL. That's pretty much what happened. Apparently, she even told him what she wanted him to say to her when the cameras started rolling again. I wish we could have seen the outtakes.

I think they said they had to re-shoot Ryan's proposal to Trista because he was a nervous wreck.
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Yes, they said they had to hunt Ryan down to even get him to the FRC he was so nervous. The beautiful lovable Ryan.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Archer23 wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That sounded really funny when reading. Poor Lindzi - didn't like the way she was dumped and insisted he do it a second time and better for the camaras.

I remember reading about both Brad and Ali's FRC with their F1's having to be re-done a few times as well. My guess is it is rare if they get it perfect the very first time.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Love_Me wrote:
Archer23 wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That sounded really funny when reading. Poor Lindzi - didn't like the way she was dumped and insisted he do it a second time and better for the camaras.

I remember reading about both Brad and Ali's FRC with their F1's having to be re-done a few times as well. My guess is it is rare if they get it perfect the very first time.

Yes I have heard about the proposal being re-shot. Brad and Ems too.
But that whole rejection thing (Lindzi) being re-shot was really funny to me.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:13 pm

officeRules wrote:Wow.. This thread is so quiet.. Or am I missing something?

Just want to note the small moment after Em gives Jef the group date rose in episode 4.
He jokes with the zipper, and is beaming bc he is SO happy. In that moment Emily gives a glance to the other guys as if to so,"oh my god, Jef's so cute...". I feel like she goofed there,...she let her feelings be known a little too much.

Maybe I am just reading it too much, but would love your thoughts on this....

I totally saw that too!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:34 pm

goodgal wrote:The way Em is always touching her hair and face is equal to preening like birds do to attract a mate. She does this ALOT with Jef with one F

she sure doe not that a lot with Arie with one E, must be too distracted with his tongue in her throat all the time... rofl

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Shelby wrote:
goodgal wrote:The way Em is always touching her hair and face is equal to preening like birds do to attract a mate. She does this ALOT with Jef with one F

she sure doe not that a lot with Arie with one E, must be too distracted with his tongue in her throat all the time... rofl

Maybe that is why she ended up with tonsilitis..they were getting constant attention :hidingchair :shock:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Shelby wrote:

:bad girl: clap3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Body Language Analysis - The Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

+31
moonchild
Archer23
Jeepers
Hotmomma
Fleurdesel