Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Reality Steve - Thread #1

Page 6 of 61 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reality Steve - Thread #1

Post by jelle on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:50 pm

It is almost like Bentley did this for a dare. It has that feel. "I'll bet I can get on the bachelor and make the girl fall in love with me and then dump her. How fast do you think I can do that?" That is what Bentley feels like to me. Perhaps that is why it feels both like producer manipulation and class A creep.

In the olden days before Brad I, the producers would sweep it under the rug (almost every cast member on Andy's season wanted to leave) or create an "emegency." Once they found they could survive Brad's choosing no one and gain HUGE attention from it, they used the concept from Deanna on. They get more payout from showing the psychological drama than they did with the cat fights, etc.

The pinacle came when they cast the psychologist in Brad II and overplayed their hand. They knew that Ashley was insecure, perhaps a bit immature, and certainly naive about "love" and they cast her anyway. She had multiple meltdowns on Brad II. It is not surprising that she crashed.

jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by jelle on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:48 pm

It is almost like Bentley did this for a dare. It has that feel. "I'll bet I can get on the bachelor and make the girl fall in love with me and then dump her. How fast do you think I can do that?" That is what Bentley feels like to me. Perhaps that is why it feels both like producer manipulation and class A creep.

In the olden days before Brad I, the producers would sweep it under the rug (almost every cast member on Andy's season wanted to leave) or create an "emegency." Once they found they could survive Brad's choosing no one and gain HUGE attention from it, they used the concept from Deanna on. They get more payout from showing the psychological drama than they did with the cat fights, etc.

The pinacle came when they cast the psychologist in Brad II and overplayed their hand. They knew that Ashley was insecure, perhaps a bit immature, and certainly naive about "love" and they cast her anyway. She had multiple meltdowns on Brad II. It is not surprising that she crashed.

jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:47 pm

@Alanna wrote:
babymama wrote:
@Alexxxx wrote:

What's sad is that -- all the birthday wishes, 75% from strangers -- probably consisted of 3 from readers and one from his mom. He's gonna be that surly old man sitting his porch throwing rocks at the neighbors' dogs someday.

i'm pretty sure he was referring to the over 300 "happy birthday" messages left on his fb wall from people he doesn't know. i think you are reading too much into what he wrote

Hey Steve! No worries, she was just teasing. I hope you're right this season!! :D
rotfl :laughing: rotfl

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:IMO Bentley was trying to prove that he could fool the casting and the testing and get cast on the show. I think his goal was to see how obnoxious as possible and see how long he could stay on the show.

He was doing the same thing as Steve, only in a more personal manner - trying to disrupt the process. It is a power play, like Steve, to say he screwed with show. Collateal damage meant nothing.

He can say he is the only one who beat the screening process, disrupted the show and left on his own terms.

If this was the case, we would have never seen his face, heard his name, or known of his existence...

TPTB have ALL the editing power, and control every millisecond of what goes out over ABC's air... some people forget that.

Perhaps TPTB are getting back at Bentley because he played them in the interview process. They do have the editing power. It makes great TV and makes Bentley a piranha (sort of what happened to Brad after his first season). A win-win for TPTB.

that would require them not knowing what he was up to - the moment he started talking about wanting Emily and not Ashley, they could've shut him down - they didnt' it - they played it up and they sent him after her after the group date to console her - to what end?? We hear more vile things come out of his mouth - then they bring him back in Hong Kong - for what?? More humiliation. This is not about Bentley playing MF, this is the grandmaster puppeteer playing Bentley, only Bentley decided to play right along.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:IMO Bentley was trying to prove that he could fool the casting and the testing and get cast on the show. I think his goal was to see how obnoxious as possible and see how long he could stay on the show.

He was doing the same thing as Steve, only in a more personal manner - trying to disrupt the process. It is a power play, like Steve, to say he screwed with show. Collateal damage meant nothing.

He can say he is the only one who beat the screening process, disrupted the show and left on his own terms.

If this was the case, we would have never seen his face, heard his name, or known of his existence...

TPTB have ALL the editing power, and control every millisecond of what goes out over ABC's air... some people forget that.

Perhaps TPTB are getting back at Bentley because he played them in the interview process. They do have the editing power. It makes great TV and makes Bentley a piranha (sort of what happened to Brad after his first season). A win-win for TPTB.

Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm not arguing that fact - yes, he kept saying 'Ali is single' but he also tweeted "Roberto or no one" as well........ what am I missing here?

He was vicious to people on Twitter regarding those that felt Roberto was F1. He did not feel "Roberto or no one" from June 21st on, rather Ali was single only.

Reading back through his old posts he was very certain of his statement.

ETA ~ this is what he said about the US Weekly article that reported about the FRC before airing:

"However, as for US Weekly’s claim this week that backs their story from two weeks ago which says Ali is engaged, once again, it’s in how they word it. The headline says “Bachelorette Ali: ‘I’m Confident I Picked the Right Guy’.” But when you read the story, her quote is “I’m just confident in the decisions I’ve made.” So all they’re doing is using the headline to lure you in. IF Ali were to be engaged, the last people she’s gonna break it to is a tabloid. Remember, US Weekly are the ones reporting Ali is engaged, not Ali herself. Big difference.

-The other line from the article that’s laughable is this: “The reality star admitted that she’s anxious to step out with her husband-to-be once the finale airs. ‘I’m sort of in a limbo phase in my life right now…I’m really looking forward to everything sort of wrapping up!’” Ummmm, where in her quote does it say she’s anxious to step out with her husband-to-be? She says she’s looking forward to “everything sort of wrapping up”, not, “I cannot wait to show my husband to everyone.” Once again, I’m not putting much stock into what they’re reporting. These are the same people who reported Ali and Roberto knew each other before the show started, and their only proof was because when she was 18, Roberto played baseball one town over from where she lived, and a “source” said there was a blonde who always used to cheer Roberto on that looked like Ali. Might be the worst story they’ve ever ran. That’s your evidence? Really? Embarrassing. "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By the time the dust settled, I had it on the very best authority (not RS, but just as good :bluewink: in this case) that Cash and RS had in their arsenal of sources the girls in Jake's season ( who knew Ali extremely well) and the guys in Ali's season.
We know that that the contestants in the last few seasons have a line of communication among themselves. They may not break their contract and talk to others ( besides RS), but they do talk to each other and to others in other seasons as well (in the Bachelor family). That explains how RS got the detailed date information. (BTW, I was contacted by a lady who told me during this time that her daughter was dating Kasey, and the guys were talking to RS).

The "sources" dried up when it got down to the final 2, ostensibly because Roberto wouldn't give out any information. RS knew what happened through Chris leaving that morning. We knew from seeing that on the episode, and we knew that Chris went on a guys' trip with Frank, Kirk, the guy who got the tattoo Kasey and some other guys, so that is probably how the info got back on Chris, and RS was able to state unequivably that Chris was F2, and it was either Roberto or nobody. Cash said the same thing from her sources which was a completely different line.....

For a very long time RS insisted that Ali was single. She had picked no one. Cash agreed reluctantly. This is because their trail had grown cold. Roberto was not talking, and their sources - mostly the other contestants - had dried up.

Meanwhile, a small group of us were diligently collecting pieces of evidence that Roberto was F1 and throwing it out onto the board for examination.

It was carried over to RS who cannonballed us. I have never said a mean word about RS. I try to pay respect to him for what he does well, but I do balance it with when he misses which I think is fair. I miss sometimes too, and I own up to that.
He sent a huge volley shot at Bloomers, missed, and hit sweet Blondie who has never done anything to anybody. :sad:

It is very, very true that the morning of the FRC Blondie's source came through with the confirmation that validated our little group's sluething findings that indeed Roberto was F1, and she posted it BEFORE RS rescinded his claim and said that Roberto was F1.

Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by realityfan26 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:21 pm

maybe so, had he left in episode 3, but he returns in Hong Kong - screams producer manipulation to me.

I'd say Wes did a good job of beating the system, and he managed to get way further, and by Spain he'd had enough and went out with a bang.

Bentley returning in Hong Kong is what makes me want to scream at Chris Harrison and TPTB. If he and the producers had any concern over Ashley's well-being (like CH has said in his latest interviews), they would not have shown the derogatory comments Bentley made toward Ashley personally and they would have just left Bentley in LA.

realityfan26

Back to top Go down

Post by RichLP on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:08 pm

RichLP

Male Posts : 3382

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Me too - Wes was manipulative and selfish for his own benefit, Bentley is cruel and enjoys making other feel badly about themselves. Does that make him a sociopath?

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:02 pm

maybe so, had he left in episode 3, but he returns in Hong Kong - screams producer manipulation to me.

I'd say Wes did a good job of beating the system, and he managed to get way further, and by Spain he'd had enough and went out with a bang.

The return to Hong Kong is absolutely producer influenced. The scary part is that given the choice I'd take Wes over Bentley any old day.

Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:59 pm

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by sgjsnow on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Hmm, maybe you are right. I personally don't understand why someone would think that way/do that, but I guess there are those types out there.

sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 61 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Reality Steve - Thread #1

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum