SELECT CONTENT

Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

anders wrote:Right - JP got the epi 3 date - but who would've gotten it if he won the epi 2 coin toss??

That is a good point, and something I never thought about! Maybe Mickey would have got it because he lost the coin toss, but then that would definitely throw out the theory of the F1 getting a date in epi 3. I don't know? scratch

Back to top Go down

Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

anders wrote:Right - JP got the epi 3 date - but who would've gotten it if he won the epi 2 coin toss??

They could have just reshot it until JP lost and Mickey won. Not that hard.

Bloomers, I agree with you about Ashley having a different agenda than TPTB. If Ashley had her way, Bentley, not Ben or JP, would have been getting the ep3 1:1.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:49 am

I think Mickey would probably have gotten it....just because of the coin toss thing.

I'm hoping the reason that Bentley didn't get a date was that somebody on staff... not MF naturally...had a heart and that although they couldn't tell her that Bentley was such a creep, they did try to protect her a little by not setting up a date with him.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:54 am

northernviewer wrote:
I think Mickey would probably have gotten it....just because of the coin toss thing.

I'm hoping the reason that Bentley didn't get a date was that somebody on staff... not MF naturally...had a heart and that although they couldn't tell her that Bentley was such a creep, they did try to protect her a little by not setting up a date with him.

This is kind of off topic and has probably been said before but they let Jake know that Roslyn had an inapprpriate relationship with a staff member, and let Ali know about Justin, so they could have told Ashley know about Bentley.

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:59 am

Fascinator11 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

This is kind of off topic and has probably been said before but they let Jake know that Roslyn had an inapprpriate relationship with a staff member, and let Ali know about Justin, so they could have told Ashley know about Bentley.

but she's already been warned about Bentley by Michelle. Roslyn was different as she had an affair, and Justin was a warning just like Ashley's was from Michelle, so outside of repeating to her what he said in PI's, what could they do but let it play out - you know anything for drama tv - but just maybe a female producer put her foot down about letting her actually have a 1/1 date with him. Just a thought as to why she didn't get a date with him when she was gaga over the guy **gag**
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:11 am

Fascinator11 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

The situation though is different. Roslyn and Justin ostensibly were planning on staying regardless of their situations whereas Bentley was talking to "the mask", Jeff, about wanting to leave - which we know from Jeff's conference call in the media section. Since they are filmed all of the time, the producers were aware of this as well.

I believe that they were hoping to just milk the situation of all of the drama they could get out of it as quickly as possible, and then get it out just as quickly.

Notice that he appeared to leave at will! Jeff, "the mask", mentioned this when he said, "Dude, I don't think you can just up and leave," but that is what Bentley appeared to do. Have we ever seen anyone else do that?
To the best of my knowledge, departures in the middle of the show have been carefully orchestrated through the producers. Either they have been at a rose ceremony, the person is accompanied by Chris Harrison with an explanation (Jason's season), there is a huge production (Frank), or something, but contestants don't just on their own choose to pack up their bags and hit the dusty trail.....that is unless his/her name is Bentley Williams.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:24 am

Fascinator11 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

Sure they could have, but then we couldn't have the drama of Bentley coming back for round 2. The producers don't care about protecting Ashley (not that they cared about protecting Jake or Ali either), especially if it would mean sacrificing what they consider to be good TV. In the case of Jake and Ali, the storyline with their "villains" had run its course, so they told them and kicked the bad guy/girl out; but Bentley for them is too good a villain to dispose of that quickly.

I have a feeling that Ashley liked a lot of the guys to varying degrees on the first night (she does seem really naive when it comes to being able to feel these guys out), and probably gave the producers a longer list of favorites than most leads do, with her first tier being Bentley (who I agree they weren't going to give her a date with; I guess in that sense they "protected her" from him), Will, JP, Mickey and Ben C. The second tier may have been what turned out to be the rest of her F4 plus perhaps Ryan, although I'm starting to think he was more of a producer pick for her all along (being groomed for next Bachelor), and they "suggested" to her that he get the FIR and the date rose, but Ashley stuck to her guns about wanting solo dates with her other "favorites" before him.

We know what Will did to kill his chances with her. I wonder if we will find out what blew it for Mickey (afraid he was a "player"?) and Ben C (maybe too hyper/intense?).

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 am

think about it too - neither Rego or Roslyn got 1:1 either. Iron is right - it's never about protecting anyone, it's about using their 'villaness' to create drama then dispose of them quickly.

Am I the only one who sometimes mixes up Ash/Ali when reading/posting??? I only mean their names, not their actual selves.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56 am

Basically they just do whatever is convenient in terms of storyline and drama. Frank couldn't leave until FD but Bentley could get up and walk as soon as he pleased. If Frank had left in NYC, it would have gotten less bang for their buck so he had to stay till Tahiti.

They told Jake and Ali about Rozlyn and Justin in order to "maintain the integrity of their search for love" but couldn't tell Ash in order to "maintain the integrity being observers in the process." LOL! Okay.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:10 am

Alanna wrote:Basically they just do whatever is convenient in terms of storyline and drama. Frank couldn't leave until FD but Bentley could get up and walk as soon as he pleased. If Frank had left in NYC, it would have gotten less bang for their buck so he had to stay till Tahiti.

They told Jake and Ali about Rozlyn and Justin in order to "maintain the integrity of their search for love" but couldn't tell Ash in order to "maintain the integrity being observers in the process." LOL! Okay.

I have often said that it depends on whether the person who wants to leave is someone the lead wants as to whether we hear Chris Harrison give that spiel (paraphrase), "Gentlen/Ladies, if the Bachelo/Bachelorette is not someone you can see yourself married to, please feel free to reject the rose."

We did NOT hear that spiel during Tessa's, Graham's, Frank's, Wes's, or Bentley's seasons.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:25 am

Rego was already slated to leave early (not early enough for him). Frank was slated to be the potential F1 that broke her heart by leaving her at the last minute - two different storylines = lots of drama. Somehow they had something over Frank's head that kept him that long, since we know he wanted to leave way before that.

With Bent - it was never going to be about him actually being F1 - they knew he was going to leave early, I'm convinced he was hired to play that role and spew all that nastiness - Ash was never supposed to fall for him - they likely had Michelle send the text - they had Chris try and talk sense into her - it didn't work, she fell for him anyway.....she moves on, they bring him back....what a mess.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:34 am

anders wrote:Rego was already slated to leave early (not early enough for him). Frank was slated to be the potential F1 that broke her heart by leaving her at the last minute - two different storylines = lots of drama. Somehow they had something over Frank's head that kept him that long, since we know he wanted to leave way before that.

With Bent - it was never going to be about him actually being F1 - they knew he was going to leave early, I'm convinced he was hired to play that role and spew all that nastiness - Ash was never supposed to fall for him - they likely had Michelle send the text - they had Chris try and talk sense into her - it didn't work, she fell for him anyway.....she moves on, they bring him back....what a mess.

I find it difficult to believe that they didn't understand how naive, inexperienced, and unworldly Ashley really is. 🇳🇴
It would take someone like Michelle or Roslyn to handle a con man like Bentley. Ashley was simpley out of her element.

Also, I think they did Ashley a complete disservice by recruiting guys who did not know the Bachelorette ahead of time. She is cute enough and has enough going for her professionally in her own right to have attracted 25 quality guys without bringing on a bunch who were expecting the beautiful Emily or the sexy Chantal.

Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

+33
Mozart
LaureanT
Beeleever
Admin
moonchild