SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2

Page 15 of 53 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2

Post by bluwavz Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 pm

JBanana wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Love, I'm glad you brought that topic up as I was having the same thoughts today. Does anyone think this season isn't about JP vs. Ben F., but JP vs. Ryan P.? Besides Bentley, JP and Ryan P. were the two most visible contestants from episode 1. Ben F. was pretty much invisible until episode 4. In episode 6, both JP and Ryan P. are understanding of Ashley's need for closure with Bentley. We never see Ben F. talk to Ashley about Bentley nor do we see any reaction from him. We know that Ryan P. is let go on his 1-on-1 date and then returns later and from how it appears in the preview, she regretted letting him go and is ecstatic to see him back (if that reaction is about him returning). We also hear her say in the preview that this makes it all confusing to her and she's having a struggle between what she thinks is right for her (Ryan?) and what she feels (JP?).

On Bentley, I think she intended him to be F1, but I'm betting as soon as he got a 1-on-1 date she would've seen through him and he wouldn't have made it to HTDs.

I don't necessarily think that scene with her excited to open the door is about Ryan at all. She is wearing a different top. It is a similar color as the one in the shots with Ryan but the neckline is lower and there are buttons on the front. So I'm not convinced that "ecstatic to see someone" shot has anything to do with Ryan.

Perhaps they originally wanted to have a JP vs. Ryan storyline, but at some point they had a problem because Ashley didn't want to keep Ryan around anymore. She kinda seems to recoil at his attempts to touch her at this point, so it would have been really hard for them to continue to try and sell that story to us. In that case, it was a better idea to let her dump him and then plan for him to come back as a way to keep him in the story without him actually having to be there. In any case, Ben stepped into the place that Ryan was supposed to have. So then it all becomes a bit messy, it's JP vs. Bentley-then-Ryan-then-Ben? Yikes.

I think they probably did the best with what they had and gave up trying to make it linear. And they seem to be focusing more on the "will the men bail on Ashley" concept rather than a "Mr. X" vs. "Mr. Y" concept. That's the thread that has stayed consistent.. the boys are dropping out. Will Constantine drop out too? Will Ben before she gets a chance to dump him? If JP is the only man standing, then the whole thing about "not trying to win" makes a bit more sense. He's not necessarily the "winner" if there's no competition, but who cares? If he's the one she wanted anyway and they are in love, it doesn't matter what happened to the rest.

I agree it may not be him at the door at all, though I do wonder who it could be to cause such a reaction? I'm assuming it's him for now and that he came to her place to ask her back and she wasn't sure at that moment and met up later with him to give him her decision. That could explain the clothing change. I could be wrong, though.

I also agree that Ashley isn't that into Ryan. He's way more into her than she is into him, but I think she likes that about him. Other than JP, Ryan knows how to make her feel better and understands where she is coming from. We can see all that from after the roast and after she told the guys about Bentley and reassuring her that she is who he wanted on show. Because of that she may not have been 100% sure on letting him go and he may have felt that. She probably feels like she should be into him and she's confused as to why she isn't and that's causing the regret over eliminating him.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19227

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:37 pm

bluwavz wrote:
JBanana wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Love, I'm glad you brought that topic up as I was having the same thoughts today. Does anyone think this season isn't about JP vs. Ben F., but JP vs. Ryan P.? Besides Bentley, JP and Ryan P. were the two most visible contestants from episode 1. Ben F. was pretty much invisible until episode 4. In episode 6, both JP and Ryan P. are understanding of Ashley's need for closure with Bentley. We never see Ben F. talk to Ashley about Bentley nor do we see any reaction from him. We know that Ryan P. is let go on his 1-on-1 date and then returns later and from how it appears in the preview, she regretted letting him go and is ecstatic to see him back (if that reaction is about him returning). We also hear her say in the preview that this makes it all confusing to her and she's having a struggle between what she thinks is right for her (Ryan?) and what she feels (JP?).

On Bentley, I think she intended him to be F1, but I'm betting as soon as he got a 1-on-1 date she would've seen through him and he wouldn't have made it to HTDs.

I don't necessarily think that scene with her excited to open the door is about Ryan at all. She is wearing a different top. It is a similar color as the one in the shots with Ryan but the neckline is lower and there are buttons on the front. So I'm not convinced that "ecstatic to see someone" shot has anything to do with Ryan.

Perhaps they originally wanted to have a JP vs. Ryan storyline, but at some point they had a problem because Ashley didn't want to keep Ryan around anymore. She kinda seems to recoil at his attempts to touch her at this point, so it would have been really hard for them to continue to try and sell that story to us. In that case, it was a better idea to let her dump him and then plan for him to come back as a way to keep him in the story without him actually having to be there. In any case, Ben stepped into the place that Ryan was supposed to have. So then it all becomes a bit messy, it's JP vs. Bentley-then-Ryan-then-Ben? Yikes.

I think they probably did the best with what they had and gave up trying to make it linear. And they seem to be focusing more on the "will the men bail on Ashley" concept rather than a "Mr. X" vs. "Mr. Y" concept. That's the thread that has stayed consistent.. the boys are dropping out. Will Constantine drop out too? Will Ben before she gets a chance to dump him? If JP is the only man standing, then the whole thing about "not trying to win" makes a bit more sense. He's not necessarily the "winner" if there's no competition, but who cares? If he's the one she wanted anyway and they are in love, it doesn't matter what happened to the rest.

I agree it may not be him at the door at all, though I do wonder who it could be to cause such a reaction? I'm assuming it's him for now and that he came to her place to ask her back and she wasn't sure at that moment and met up later with him to give him her decision. That could explain the clothing change. I could be wrong, though.

ahh, yes, that would make more sense.. definitely a possibility I hadn't thought of.

bluwavz wrote:
I also agree that Ashley isn't that into Ryan. He's way more into her than she is into him, but I think she likes that about him. Other than JP, Ryan knows how to make her feel better and understands where she is coming from. We can see all that from after the roast and after she told the guys about Bentley and reassuring her that she is who he wanted on show. Because of that she may not have been 100% sure on letting him go and he may have felt that. She probably feels like she should be into him and she's confused as to why she isn't and that's causing the regret over eliminating him.

totally. I bet she feels guilty because she just isn't into him. And he is just sooooo into her. Like, painfully so.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:38 pm

I also wonder if there is some question of who else, besides JP and probably Ryan, would actually propose to Ashley. Based on what we've seen of Ben, he might really be falling for her (or not), but it's hard to imagine him being ready to pop the question, unless their relationship suddenly goes into overdrive. Maybe the producers wanted Ash to take Ryan to F2 so she could turn down his proposal, and she didn't want to do that?

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:40 pm

JBanana wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
JBanana wrote:

ahh, yes, that would make more sense.. definitely a possibility I hadn't thought of.

bluwavz wrote:

totally. I bet she feels guilty because she just isn't into him. And he is just sooooo into her. Like, painfully so.

Love these posts and I really agree with the sentiments in them. The bold made me laugh but it's definitely true IMO. He's too into her, it's creeping her out and she has no idea how to stop it. She's even compensating for it by giving him GDRs and she's STILL gushing about him him in interviews, but it's so clear that she was never going to let him anywhere near any fantasy suite with no camera or producers, she'd have to sleep with one eye open. giggling

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Maybe it's her parents at the door for the MTP portion of the day? Or JP or Ben coming to meet her parents?

ETA: Alanna I don't think she would even go to sleep! She would be too afraid. I can see her now..waiting for him to fall asleep so she can sneak out!
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Alanna wrote:
JBanana wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
JBanana wrote:

bluwavz wrote:

Love these posts and I really agree with the sentiments in them. The bold made me laugh but it's definitely true IMO. He's too into her, it's creeping her out and she has no idea how to stop it. She's even compensating for it by giving him GDRs and she's STILL gushing about him him in interviews, but it's so clear that she was never going to let him anywhere near any fantasy suite with no camera or producers, she'd have to sleep with one eye open. giggling

LOL. Your post just reminded me of something in the last episode. Did anyone notice when she was giving him the group date rose, it looked like he tried to kiss her at least 2 or 3 times? One was pretty obvious and she either dodged it or didn't notice he was trying. It really made me cringe. If I hadn't been spoiled this season, it was at that point I would've realized Ryan was a goner. I'm going to feel really bad for him in the next episode.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Alanna wrote:but it's so clear that she was never going to let him anywhere near any fantasy suite with no camera or producers, she'd have to sleep with one eye open. giggling

LOL!! Oh, poor Ryan. I thought he was a frontrunner at the beginning. But, alas. He really needs to chill a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:51 pm

bluwavz wrote:
LOL. Your post just reminded me of something in the last episode. Did anyone notice when she was giving him the group date rose, it looked like he tried to kiss her at least 2 or 3 times? One was pretty obvious and she either dodged it or didn't notice he was trying. It really made me cringe. If I hadn't been spoiled this season, it was at that point I would've realized Ryan was a goner. I'm going to feel really bad for him in the next episode.

He was ready to jump all over her while she was trying to give him the rose. When he went in at one point she looked like she was going to dive off the couch and onto the floor. LOL She turned her whole body away from him.

giggling
CarrieA
CarrieA

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:56 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

He was ready to jump all over her while she was trying to give him the rose. When he went in at one point she looked like she was going to dive off the couch and onto the floor. LOL She turned her whole body away from him.

giggling

LOL. He was pretty much begging for a 1-on-1 date, too. I know he brought it up with her before. The whole scene just made me laugh, cringe and feel bad for him all at the same time.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:57 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

giggling

She was definitely giving him the Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 15 20071208-heisman_trophy-300x221

:awesome:

Jaybird

Female Posts : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:03 pm

bluwavz wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:
bluwavz wrote:

giggling

LOL. He was pretty much begging for a 1-on-1 date, too. I know he brought it up with her before. The whole scene just made me laugh, cringe and feel bad for him all at the same time.

Yeah, he was ready to pounce and Ash was like "where's security!?" In general, I think if she could, she would have asked Fleiss to provide her with a clear, plastic hamster ball to sit in for all dates that weren't with Ben or JP.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Alanna wrote:Yeah, he was ready to pounce and Ash was like "where's security!?" In general, I think if she could, she would have asked Fleiss to provide her with a clear, plastic hamster ball to sit in for all dates that weren't with Ben or JP.

More specifically a pink hamster ball with cupcakes painted on it :27:
CarrieA
CarrieA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 53 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2

+83
kdubs_ca
moflan
Cecilia
Nativenewyorker
LibbyBell