SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Page 41 of 46 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by noobsleuth Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 pm

gurlbrit wrote:
Living wrote:I noticed that most of us have different interpretations of F2 chemistry edit. This misunderstanding has gone on for a bit. I will use paragraphs of 2 random posts as examples.

In relation to Ben F the post says = “The late date in epi 5, Ames’ comment about their chemistry, Ashley talking about their passion and how she can see an everyday life with him”

In relation to JP the post says =”When she is with JP, she is always close to him, sits in his lap and kisses that go on forever. (Fanning myself while typing) “

Generally TALKING about chemistry could mean connection, in sync, they always look to see where the other is, a mutual attraction. This is a Fleiss F1 edit. On the other hand, when they cannot keep their hands off each other, sitting on lap, always kissing, when the expression “get a room” comes to mind as in “fanning myself while typing”. THIS IS the Fleiss F2 chemistry edit. Chemistry as used in F2 edit Is sexual as in Brad Chantal.

So we see that JP clearly has the F2 chemistry edit.

Don't mean to be combative, but I think we need to differentiate between the Bachelor seasons and the Bachelorette seasons.

Ali/Roberto had chemistry as did Meredith/Ian, Jen/Jerry, and dare I say it Jillian/Ed. All were female leads and went with the person they seemed to have the most chemistry with.

In the Bachelor seasons, it appears that the opposite is true. I really don't think comparisons between male and female leads will work when determining a chemistry edit. My opinion only though.

I wrote a post like this earlier and then deleted it because I didn't want to open this can of worms since I am terrible with words and expressing my thoughts. BUT I am glad you did... great post... ITA.

Technically though a few the past couple of Bachelor seasons have even resulted in a physical F1. Jake had heat with Vienna and not with Tenley and made that known on their LCD. Jason picked Melissa who he couldn't keep his hands off of all season. I got the impression that Matt was physical with BOTH Shayne and Chelsea.

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 41 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 pm

ninu wrote:Most women, IMO tend to feel strongest emotionally about the guy they're also attracted to the most - see Ashley with Bentley 🇳🇴

Guys on the other hand, have no problem separating the emotional from the physical - they are able to pick the girl they find the most sexy, be physically intimate throughout the season and then dump her at F2 for the girl that they want emotionally. This usually results in a more muted physical for their F1 and an outrageous chemistry with F2 (usually means the F2 interprets the physical affection as love, falls in love and gets her heart broken at the FRC) There are again, exceptions - like Jake with Tenley, but I CANNOT see Tenley getting a sexy edit, so there's that giggling

I think we're going to have to watch for the subtleties in the Bach seasons, but learn to be less skeptical of the in-your-face chemistry edit in Bach'ettes. JM2C Smiley

Good Post I agree word

You said this so much better than I could.
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:20 pm

CHO wrote:I think Ben F is definitely on the radar. My thinking is that the Bentley activities were added to give an excuse (she has to look more closely at the remaining guys after Bentley leaves) for her to start looking at Ben F. I think in fact that Ben F and Ashley were getting to know each other all along - but he is reserved and shy - they are both smart - probably being cautious and the conversations weren't too scintillating for this show ! Ben seems very confident and I think that is because he is getting good vibes from Ashley. JP is a little unsure - doesn't know what is going on in that head of hers. Drama drama drama ... but I think the slow simmering relationship with Ben is definitley heating up.

I also think Ben is on Ashley's radar. Now I'm not saying he's her frontrunner/F1, but she's noticed him. She flirts with him and she likes to touch him. Their relationship isn't as obviously physical as the one she has with JP, but there are subtleties that show her interest in him. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really think we'll see how she feels about these men about the time that HTD's start. IMO that's when the show starts getting worthwhile.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 pm

jojo47 wrote:
CHO wrote:I think Ben F is definitely on the radar. My thinking is that the Bentley activities were added to give an excuse (she has to look more closely at the remaining guys after Bentley leaves) for her to start looking at Ben F. I think in fact that Ben F and Ashley were getting to know each other all along - but he is reserved and shy - they are both smart - probably being cautious and the conversations weren't too scintillating for this show ! Ben seems very confident and I think that is because he is getting good vibes from Ashley. JP is a little unsure - doesn't know what is going on in that head of hers. Drama drama drama ... but I think the slow simmering relationship with Ben is definitley heating up.

I also think Ben is on Ashley's radar. Now I'm not saying he's her frontrunner/F1, but she's noticed him. She flirts with him and she likes to touch him. Their relationship isn't as obviously physical as the one she has with JP, but there are subtleties that show her interest in him. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really think we'll see how she feels about these men about the time that HTD's start. IMO that's when the show starts getting worthwhile.

Ashley has to show that she's interested in other guys or we wouldn't have a TV show to watch. Just as Ali liked being around Chris and Brad had great connections with Chantal and Ashley I think the lead knows who they want to be with in the end. After Bentley left, Ashley took more notice of JP and realized that he is there for her and she doesn't want to lose him. That's what I meant when I said that he's really the only one on her radar.
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm

philphan wrote:
jojo47 wrote:

Ashley has to show that she's interested in other guys or we wouldn't have a TV show to watch. Just as Ali liked being around Chris and Brad had great connections with Chantal and Ashley I think the lead knows who they want to be with in the end. After Bentley left, Ashley took more notice of JP and realized that he is there for her and she doesn't want to lose him. That's what I meant when I said that he's really the only one on her radar.

That's the truth. She has to skate a fine line of making the viewers believe the boys are on equal footing but on the other hand making sure her F1 is comfortable and knows where she stands. She's probably having a hard time juggling both and it's probably why the Bentley drama was amped up to the max (IMO)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm

[quote="philphan"]
jojo47 wrote:

Ashley has to show that she's interested in other guys or we wouldn't have a TV show to watch. Just as Ali liked being around Chris and Brad had great connections with Chantal and Ashley I think the lead knows who they want to be with in the end. After Bentley left, Ashley took more notice of JP and realized that he is there for her and she doesn't want to lose him. That's what I meant when I said that he's really the only one on her radar. [/quote/]

I think that JP seemed more quietly confident in this latest episode. I think he made up his mind to go for it and just not hold back. When he and Ashley had their time before the RC, he said it. He told her that it did sting a little to see her go on the date with Ben F., but that he is strong and can take it. He sounded like a guy who knows what he wants and is going for it. He told her that he can see them together, thinks that's the way it is now. I don't sense the conflict that I did in the previous episode. JP has made up his mind!
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:52 pm

happyvalleygirl wrote:The problem I have with saying the chemistry edit is always F2 is that Roberto definitely got the chemistry edit, and he was not f2. I think one of the things to remember for Ashleys season is that she is saying that she wants someone that she has chemistry with. I think she has the most chemistry with JP at this point. At least Ben is finally on the radar. It will be interesting to watch how much air time these 2 guys get from here on out. They are definitely the only two that she is really interested in at this point.
ITA ~ Also, Roberto got the FIR, which is usually never the F1. I think the show has changed. MF and company know they have some intelligent viewers and folks on mb's are picking up and anaylzing the edit. So he changes it up. IF JP is F1, he has changed it up to allow us to see the love story even more than he did with Roberto. I think that's because Roberto did get the FIR and it was obvious he was F1, the minute Ali met him, so they tried to hide it a little. And with the Bentley drama, maybe he's letting viewers see how JP and Ashely fit so well together as the Bentley antidote, so they stay tuned. no idea

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Gina wrote:
happyvalleygirl wrote:The problem I have with saying the chemistry edit is always F2 is that Roberto definitely got the chemistry edit, and he was not f2. I think one of the things to remember for Ashleys season is that she is saying that she wants someone that she has chemistry with. I think she has the most chemistry with JP at this point. At least Ben is finally on the radar. It will be interesting to watch how much air time these 2 guys get from here on out. They are definitely the only two that she is really interested in at this point.
ITA ~ Also, Roberto got the FIR, which is usually never the F1. I think the show has changed. MF and company know they have some intelligent viewers and folks on mb's are picking up and anaylzing the edit. So he changes it up. IF JP is F1, he has changed it up to allow us to see the love story even more than he did with Roberto. I think that's because Roberto did get the FIR and it was obvious he was F1, the minute Ali met him, so they tried to hide it a little. And with the Bentley drama, maybe he's letting viewers see how JP and Ashely fit so well together as the Bentley antidote, so they stay tuned. no idea

Funny thing is that season after season, many viewers complain that they never see a love story with the lead/F1. To me the love story is right in front of us with Ashley and JP. Unfortunately we have to put up with all the Bentley drama along with it. Rolling Eyes
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:53 pm

philphan wrote:
Gina wrote:

Funny thing is that season after season, many viewers complain that they never see a love story with the lead/F1. To me the love story is right in front of us with Ashley and JP. Unfortunately we have to put up with all the Bentley drama along with it. Rolling Eyes

The problem is that even if you see the love story (as some did with Brad/Chantal and Ali/Chris) it may just be smoke and mirrors, so that TPTB can hide the true F1. Now I'm not saying that JP isn't the F1 or that Ben F isn't the F2 or vice versa. I do believe that it pays to keep an open mind.
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 pm

gurlbrit wrote:
The problem is that even if you see the love story (as some did with Brad/Chantal and Ali/Chris) it may just be smoke and mirrors, so that TPTB can hide the true F1. Now I'm not saying that JP isn't the F1 or that Ben F isn't the F2 or vice versa. I do believe that it pays to keep an open mind.

I think that line should be in everyones signatures.

As of now I have a very very confused yet open mind. Each episode I think, this one will clear things up and point me directly at the F1 and the F1 edit and then poof - they give me sqat.

But TA with Fleiss it is always a good idea to keep an open mind regarding the F1. Looking back I remember Vienna and Jesse were F1s so anything is possible.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarletta Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:18 pm

One thing we have to keep in mind is that Ashley is all about physical chemistry & nothing but physical chemistry. That's why we have the Bentley problem.
Having things in common or enjoying each other's company means nothing to her. That's why she isn't giving a lot of really great guys a chance.
The only other person she's all over is JP. They barely have any other interaction except making out & wrapping all over each other. I don't think she knows a thing about him, but she's physically attracted to him & that's all she wants.
JP has got to be F1. He was probably her F2 from the beginning, but moved up by default.
Heck of a way to start a relationship. no no

"In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like these."
-- Paul Harvey, broadcaster
Scarletta
Scarletta

Female Posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Scarletta wrote:One thing we have to keep in mind is that Ashley is all about physical chemistry & nothing but physical chemistry. That's why we have the Bentley problem.
Having things in common or enjoying each other's company means nothing to her. That's why she isn't giving a lot of really great guys a chance.
The only other person she's all over is JP. They barely have any other interaction except making out & wrapping all over each other. I don't think she knows a thing about him, but she's physically attracted to him & that's all she wants.
JP has got to be F1. He was probably her F2 from the beginning, but moved up by default.
Heck of a way to start a relationship. no no

Yes. And yet she wants us to believe she chose a slow burn over a quick spark. WTH?

Even if there is more to their relationship that's being cut out of the final edit, what we're being shown of Jordash is not a slow burn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 46 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

+68
happyvalleygirl
Scarletta
LuvnIt
Shadow
cfck2222