SELECT CONTENT

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 10 Empty Re: ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by momoftrips Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 am

Nine weeks after Brad Smith’s televised search for love began, Canada’s first Bachelor finds himself engaged and in love with Bianka. On tonight’s “After the Final Rose” special, Smith and his fiancee officially came out as a couple. Of course, there was the awkward matter of dealing with temperamental runner-up Whitney, but in the end, as he reveals in this week’s final Bachelor Canada blog, Smith has moved on from hurricane “Whit” and moved in with his future wife. Here he speaks about the experience of being Canada’s most eligible bachelor, Whitney’s frustrating incoherence and his plans for life after The Bachelor Canada.

Congratulations not only on your engagement but also for getting through the journey that was The Bachelor Canada. For all the rest of us that aren’t you, how would you sum up the experience of being Canada’s first Bachelor?

This has been the most amazing experience of my life! Not only did it lead me to the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, it truly helped me learn more about myself. I’m really proud that this show was uniquely Canadian in that they chose a realistic person who was serious about the process and looking for the same things out of life in someone else…who I found in the end.

On tonight’s episode you saw Whitney for the first time since your awkward goodbye. Can you describe how it felt to speak frankly with her about the highs and lows of your tumultuous relationship?

Being the kind of guy that I am, I was always honest with the women on the show. As the bachelor in this unique situation, you have to know yourself and know what you want out of a relationship. I had a really intense connection with Whit off the bat, but the difficulty she had communicating with me really hampered any progress we could have made together. I was always honest with her during the show, and the “After the Final Rose” special wasn’t any different. It was awkward because of the way things were left, but that’s in the past now. I’m looking forward to my future with Bianka.

In typical Whitney fashion, her answers were half formed thoughts with veiled accusations. Did you feel satisfied with her answers?

Once again, I sat with her and didn’t hear one coherent thought. That’s just Whit, but I wasn’t there to demonize her. At that point, I was just excited to see Bianka, and it really didn’t matter what Whit had to say. In the end, we weren’t right for each other. I wish her the best and hope she finds love, just like I do all the women who were on the show.

Tonight’s episode focused on your future with Bianka but you mentioned she would call you (as you could not appear in public), can you tell us a bit about your phone conversations through the show?

Bianka is one of the most secure women I’ve ever met, but she still had to deal with people talking to her about my relationships with all the other girls. Since we were engaged before the show premiered, it was hard to keep secrets from our friends who were watching the show and who had a lot of opinions about me and the other girls. For us, it was so important to talk as much possible to maintain our relationship and continue building on what we had at the end of the show. We worried less about other people’s opinions and focused more on getting to know each other better and planning our life together. We couldn’t wait for the day that we could finally be in public together and be open about our relationship. Now that that time has come, we’re so happy.

It’s been a couple of weeks since the taping, have you found your house/managed to convince her to elope?

I moved into her house last week and will be there until we find a place of our own together. We still want to get married as soon as possible. We almost eloped during one of our vacations, but we really wanted our families to be there so we decided to wait and plan a proper wedding! Croatians have a lot of traditions that I respect and want her to enjoy.

Finally, give this love story an epilogue. What do you have planned/how do you see your life going forward.

Right now, we’re just focused on our relationship, finding a place to live together and getting married in the near future. I won the lottery being on this show and having the chance to find the woman of my dreams in the end. I’m looking forward to starting the next chapter of my life with Bianka, the best person I’ve ever met.

http://o.canada.com/2012/11/28/the-bachelor-canada-blog-brad-smith-on-after-the-final-rose/

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 10 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 10 Empty Re: ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Love_Me Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 am

Thanks for the recaps, Sprite! I really appreciate it! bestbud!

ETA: Thank you loverro and MOT for posting those links.

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by newfiegirl Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:52 pm

During the Whit/Brad chat when Brad asked her when her feelings changed Whit stumbled her words a bit then said Penticton. Brad's face showed shock that's when he said he feels like an idiot, asked her if she had an agenda, was she acting, if she didn't feel it why didn't she say anything. Whit goes on with her incoherent sentences... I did feel it initially, I wasn't acting, it was so hard for me, etc. She then tries to turn it on Brad and says that he had the choice to send her home at any time. Brad is now looking frustrated and confused at this point and says that he was not aware her feelings had changed because she said nothing. Whit contunues her ramble without making much sense.

I noticed that during Whitney's answers at the ATFR which was taped 4-5 months after the end of filming, she still did not want to take responsibility for her actions. When called out on things she did she tried to deflect her answers by saying it was partially Brad's fault, i.e. he had the choice to send her home. Or I noted her other tactic was to bring up how hard it has been for her since the show aired, how mean she is being treated by people who don't even know her. Yes, that may be true now but that was not even a factor while the show was taping. I do feel sorry for how she is being treated now since the airing of the show but perhaps if she took responsibility for her actions towards Brad on the show and maybe apologized to him then perhaps some of the public's perception might change. The only thing she apologized for the way she acted toward the women in the house. She did say she learned about how closed off she gets. The only time she showed any emotion was when talking about how difficult it has been for her since the show aired; she did shed some tears at that point and said no one knows what she is going through. My final thought on Whitney is that unfortunately for her until she can take responbility for her actions, the consequences can be harsh.
newfiegirl
newfiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:35 pm

The only time she showed any emotion was when talking about how difficult it has been for her since the show aired; she did shed some tears at that point
Her limited capacity for sympathy when Brad was telling her of his friends' deaths, combined with this make me feel even more strongly that she has a huge narcissism problem.
When was Penticton ? Episode 4 - right - the one on one at the winery?
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:16 pm

tigertiz wrote:
The only time she showed any emotion was when talking about how difficult it has been for her since the show aired; she did shed some tears at that point
Her limited capacity for sympathy when Brad was telling her of his friends' deaths, combined with this make me feel even more strongly that she has a huge narcissism problem.
When was Penticton ? Episode 4 - right - the one on one at the winery?

The one they were coming down the cliff with the ropes and at the winery, right.
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by ja1968 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Isn't that the same episode where she ran out to see him and he told her about his two best friends?
ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Does anyone know of links where US peeps can watch the After the Final Rose online? Would love to see it...
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:35 am

ja1968 wrote:Isn't that the same episode where she ran out to see him and he told her about his two best friends?
Yes, that is all in the same episode, her and him at the winery, rock climbing, and her running to him to tell him that she wants to be with him. So many things in that aren't adding up, but do feel Brad hit the nail on the head though with how she just isn't ready for marriage to anyone right now.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:55 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
ja1968 wrote:Isn't that the same episode where she ran out to see him and he told her about his two best friends?
Yes, that is all in the same episode, her and him at the winery, rock climbing, and her running to him to tell him that she wants to be with him. So many things in that aren't adding up, but do feel Brad hit the nail on the head though with how she just isn't ready for marriage to anyone right now.

The rock climbing date was after the Paris date with Bianka. Maybe Brad does not even realize that he was treating Whit differently even then. Maybe he was not 100% in the moment like before, Whit sensed it, and started to rethink the relationship. Her statement on AFTR as to why didn't Brad send her home makes more sense if both knew that something was changing.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 am

iamreal2u wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

The rock climbing date was after the Paris date with Bianka. Maybe Brad does not even realize that he was treating Whit differently even then. Maybe he was not 100% in the moment like before, Whit sensed it, and started to rethink the relationship. Her statement on AFTR as to why didn't Brad send her home makes more sense if both knew that something was changing.
True, but Whit should of at least let him know that she was feeling differently other than having him dangle on the chain as she did. That is what he had the hardest time with on the ATFR; feeling like she was acting and stringing him along.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:35 am

I think Whit was trying to save face by saying that she wasn't all that into him earlier, but it kinda backfired as it just made her look worse as if this were true... she was just pretending to like him to get the win. Personally, I think everything she did the whole season was about her playing and manipulating Brad so that she'd be F1, regardless of how she felt. There was nothing sincere about her from the moment she walked out of hte limo and gave Brad that ridiculous hug.

As to Whitney and her incoherent way of speaking, I think it's mostly because she's just a bad liar and she can't think fast enough to put it together. Listening to her talk is worse than listening to, another Canadian, William Shatner speak. At... least.... he.....can .....put....a ..... whole .... sentence.... together..............eventuallly. Hugesmile

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by HowSoonIsNow Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

True, but Whit should of at least let him know that she was feeling differently other than having him dangle on the chain as she did. That is what he had the hardest time with on the ATFR; feeling like she was acting and stringing him along.

What is there to disclose to Brad? If Whitney is sensing Brad's change of modd toward her, then that's something Brad should have revealed to Whitney, not the other way around.

IMO Whitney's incoherence reflects her confusion regarding some mishmashing forces. She was a pawn of the production team (when she says "if other girls had the opp to run to brad's hotel, they would have", she probably means that production told her where brad was staying and encouraged her to go run to him), yet she's not supposed to reveal this. She, like blond chick, probably felt that it's brad show, so she should stay on the show as long as he keeps her on, rather than exiting just because she felt like it. She doesn't want to make Brad look bad, yet she doesn't want to throw herself under the bus either. And she thinks she's taking the fall, judging by her reaction to the internet hate.

I dunno, I am much smarter than Whitney, but even I would be an incoherent mess on live TV if I had so many conflicting forces at play to deal with.
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers

+21
Barbarossa
momoftrips
Alanna
ja1968
HowSoonIsNow