SELECT CONTENT

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by northernviewer Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:32 pm

BlondieGal wrote:In reading the board last night many posters thought that there was very little if any chemistry between Ash and Ben F, and I agree. Ashley again pulled away from her kisses with Ben, and I wonder if one kiss was shown twice. Ben F seems a tad bit emotionally immature regarding relationships, although very sweet and kind. He seems like he is at the high school stage of his life with dating. He said that he was stuck in an emotional state after his father passed away, so perhaps that played into it. I don't know, something is off. I have no idea how he got to F2. Perhaps Ashley felt the safest around him in terms of the fantasy suite and last chance date. That is my only guess. :greenman:

Again, I have absolutely no favorites rather just my observations regarding the show. 8)

totally agree with everything you said!! Ben's dad died around 4 yrs ago, when he was around 26, and he's only now ready to have a serioius relationship? I know death affects different people differently but it just sounds off to me too. I don't think he's the guy for Ashley...IMO she needs a guy that is a little more put together, so to speak.
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 pm

BlondieGal wrote:In reading the board last night many posters thought that there was very little if any chemistry between Ash and Ben F, and I agree. Ashley again pulled away from her kisses with Ben, and I wonder if one kiss was shown twice. Ben F seems a tad bit emotionally immature regarding relationships, although very sweet and kind. He seems like he is at the high school stage of his life with dating. He said that he was stuck in an emotional state after his father passed away, so perhaps that played into it. I don't know, something is off. I have no idea how he got to F2. Perhaps Ashley felt the safest around him in terms of the fantasy suite and last chance date. That is my only guess. Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 20 2148147175

Again, I have absolutely no favorites rather just my observations regarding the show. 8)

Wow! No surprise that I see him so very differently. I think he is actually one of the most mature guys she has. He is in touch with his feelings and able to express them in an intelligent manner. He is going slowly...not good for this show, of course. But really good for a positive real life relationship.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:38 pm

ironcat wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:
jlccaz wrote:Armchair psychology (just because we can)....

Ashley is being presented as a mess -- insecure, erratic, impulsive, obsessive, and walled off emotionally. She does not seem to be having any fun except in a scripted manner (saying what's socially expected about what is romantic, amazing, etc.).

Frankly? She seems to be a younger, female Brad Womack.... with the classic "daddy issues" exhibited by girls who were abandoned by fathers too young -- i.e., being impulsively/compulsively drawn to abusive inappropriate mates. Brad/Ashely's first date at the amusement park "clicked" for them because they could so deeply relate to the shared pain of a father who walked off the job.

As Ben F was describing his terrific father last night, I read (perhaps projected?!) the pain on her face that she DIDN'T have that. You don't see her transitioning to what a terrific mate Ben would make for HER because he had that. She does not seem to have done adequate processing of her own grief/anger/loss and until she is, she isn't ready to "pick" yet.

One could fantasize that the emotional roller coaster / "journey" of filming this dumb show is the equivalent of therapy, but that's not real. Half the dang season has passed, and she is not going to work it out in the next three weeks of filming.

It's funny, when watching that scene last night between Ben and Ashley and the father discussion, I remembered Brad and Chantal and thinking how much Brad needed Chantal's dad in his life. Ashley could use a dad like Ben's in her life, but you're right. She's not ready.

Gotta say I don't really understand why you say Ashley is "not ready"? She is trying to decide how interested she is in Ben, not his father (who btw, since he is sadly deceased, wouldn't be in her life in the flesh even if she chose Ben). I can certainly understand her feeling some personal pain/loss at hearing about anyone who had/has a wonderful relationship with their dad, since she never had that. But I don't see that reaction as evidence that she is running away from Ben because of it, anymore than it should be a reason that she should pursue him because of it. For all we know, many of the other guys have wonderful dads as well.

The Ben F moment is telling because I have received the magical power of being able to read the mind of reality TV characters from the safe perch of my Tempurpedic bed by staring at a very large Flat screen TV. This stuff just comes to me. [tongue in cheek emoticon]
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:39 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
BlondieGal wrote:In reading the board last night many posters thought that there was very little if any chemistry between Ash and Ben F, and I agree. Ashley again pulled away from her kisses with Ben, and I wonder if one kiss was shown twice. Ben F seems a tad bit emotionally immature regarding relationships, although very sweet and kind. He seems like he is at the high school stage of his life with dating. He said that he was stuck in an emotional state after his father passed away, so perhaps that played into it. I don't know, something is off. I have no idea how he got to F2. Perhaps Ashley felt the safest around him in terms of the fantasy suite and last chance date. That is my only guess. Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 20 2148147175

Wow! No surprise that I see him so very differently. I think he is actually one of the most mature guys she has. He is in touch with his feelings and able to express them in an intelligent manner. He is going slowly...not good for this show, of course. But really good for a positive real life relationship.

I agree! Ben F is a gem....really, a majority of Ashley's men are.
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:40 pm

jlccaz wrote:
ironcat wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:

Ashley is being presented as a mess -- insecure, erratic, impulsive, obsessive, and walled off emotionally. She does not seem to be having any fun except in a scripted manner (saying what's socially expected about what is romantic, amazing, etc.).

Frankly? She seems to be a younger, female Brad Womack.... with the classic "daddy issues" exhibited by girls who were abandoned by fathers too young -- i.e., being impulsively/compulsively drawn to abusive inappropriate mates. Brad/Ashely's first date at the amusement park "clicked" for them because they could so deeply relate to the shared pain of a father who walked off the job.

As Ben F was describing his terrific father last night, I read (perhaps projected?!) the pain on her face that she DIDN'T have that. You don't see her transitioning to what a terrific mate Ben would make for HER because he had that. She does not seem to have done adequate processing of her own grief/anger/loss and until she is, she isn't ready to "pick" yet.

One could fantasize that the emotional roller coaster / "journey" of filming this dumb show is the equivalent of therapy, but that's not real. Half the dang season has passed, and she is not going to work it out in the next three weeks of filming.

It's funny, when watching that scene last night between Ben and Ashley and the father discussion, I remembered Brad and Chantal and thinking how much Brad needed Chantal's dad in his life. Ashley could use a dad like Ben's in her life, but you're right. She's not ready.

Gotta say I don't really understand why you say Ashley is "not ready"? She is trying to decide how interested she is in Ben, not his father (who btw, since he is sadly deceased, wouldn't be in her life in the flesh even if she chose Ben). I can certainly understand her feeling some personal pain/loss at hearing about anyone who had/has a wonderful relationship with their dad, since she never had that. But I don't see that reaction as evidence that she is running away from Ben because of it, anymore than it should be a reason that she should pursue him because of it. For all we know, many of the other guys have wonderful dads as well.

The Ben F moment is telling because I have received the magical power of being able to read the mind of reality TV characters from the safe perch of my Tempurpedic bed by staring at a very large Flat screen TV. This stuff just comes to me. [tongue in cheek emoticon]

:missclap: Love it.
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:40 pm

ironcat wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:

LOL, I really must not be expressing myself well today. I know Ben's dad is deceased -- that was the point of that whole conversation, right? What a great dad Ben had had for 24 solid years and now he's gone, but Ben has taken all the life lessons from that relationship and that prepared him for where he is now? yada yada

No, I'm not saying she's not ready as it pertains to Ben or any one of these guys particularly. I think she's just not ready emotionally for anybody. She needs to process her daddy-loss issues before she's ready to choose a partner. And that's not slamming Ashley. Everybody works out their 'stuff' on their own time schedule. Of the 25 guys there, I don't see what I would call a healthy relationship forming with any of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:40 pm

agentcurls wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

I agree too which is why I don' tunderstand why edit is showing her to still be into Bentley when I read her BL as of Chiang Mai that it shows she's mainly moved on but still has questions that needs to be answered.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:41 pm

agentcurls wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

Yea, a lot of them are getting a much better edit than Ashley herself, who has gotten thrown under not one, but a whole fleet of busses!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:41 pm

agentcurls wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

I don't know about a gem... but he's a sure-fire cure for insomnia...

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:42 pm

jlccaz wrote:
BlondieGal wrote:In reading the board last night many posters thought that there was very little if any chemistry between Ash and Ben F, and I agree. Ashley again pulled away from her kisses with Ben, and I wonder if one kiss was shown twice. Ben F seems a tad bit emotionally immature regarding relationships, although very sweet and kind. He seems like he is at the high school stage of his life with dating. He said that he was stuck in an emotional state after his father passed away, so perhaps that played into it. I don't know, something is off. I have no idea how he got to F2. Perhaps Ashley felt the safest around him in terms of the fantasy suite and last chance date. That is my only guess. :greenman:

(a) I'm not seein' it with him (or anyone) for her either...he presented as sincere in all those PIs, but she didn't sell the words she was saying about him during hers, and she seems to have her mind somewhere else when he's opening up as I said above, and
(b) being fair to the whole picture, I suppose some weight could be given to fact of two other kisses (marketplace and away from the table on the evening portion of the date) shown in screencaps, but not aired as part of the episode.

I could buy that in order to sell the idea that Ashley is still so hung up on Bentley, that she is unable to really feel chemistry with any of the other guys, the producers decided to cut out some of Ben's (and maybe other guys') steamier kisses with her. However, in Ben's case, if he is her F1, I really think it was an editing mistake to do so, because unless something really earth shattering happens next week with him, it is becoming less and less believable that either one fell for the other.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Alexxxx wrote:
LOL, I really must not be expressing myself well today. I know Ben's dad is deceased -- that was the point of that whole conversation, right? What a great dad Ben had had for 24 solid years and now he's gone, but Ben has taken all the life lessons from that relationship and that prepared him for where he is now? yada yada

No, I'm not saying she's not ready as it pertains to Ben or any one of these guys particularly. I think she's just not ready emotionally for anybody. She needs to process her daddy-loss issues before she's ready to choose a partner. And that's not slamming Ashley. Everybody works out their 'stuff' on their own time schedule. Of the 25 guys there, I don't see what I would call a healthy relationship forming with any of them.

Well, according to what we've been shown in the 2-hour time slot each week thus far...

I think she has built some strong & perhaps healthy relationships but they are still on the cutting-room floor until he!!-Bent leaves.

Ashley strikes me as the type to have been working out her daddy-issues for awhile, she seems introspective enough. What better way to heal from that than to find a wonderful man in her life. I have faith she has. And yes, my rose-colored glasses are firmly set in place.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm

ironcat wrote:I could buy that in order to sell the idea that Ashley is still so hung up on Bentley, that she is unable to really feel chemistry with any of the other guys, the producers decided to cut out some of Ben's (and maybe other guys') steamier kisses with her. However, in Ben's case, if he is her F1, I really think it was an editing mistake to do so, because unless something really earth shattering happens next week with him, it is becoming less and less believable that either one fell for the other.

Actually I agree. But not just if Ben turned out to be the F1.

Something earth shattering needs to have happened with any of the remaining guys (JP or whomever). Something that will shake this girl out of her stupor. Yes she has been developing connections with them but if (almost) everyone here is to be believed that JP and she were off and running from episode 1, then she had no business being so pre-occupied when she had her 1 on 1 moment with him. And yeah, she was extremely pre-occupied though her legs were all over him.
A regular slide to the finish line with 1 small bump (Ryan's return) is just not going to cut it.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

+50
deedreamer
jelle
moonchild
nd4reality
Starshine_16