SELECT CONTENT

Chris Discussion Group

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group - Page 14 Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 pm

I really like Chris, but I'm a bit put off by it too. $30k for 2500 books to have dinner with them? hmmm I'm all for them making money from being on the show, but this is a little wonky. What is anyone supposed to do with all those books and how is dinner with them worth that kind of money? The book is not great, but it offered a few insights. I didn't mind the $8.95 because I figured it helped them with that little house on the water, but this goes too far IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:54 pm

grace8136 wrote:I really like Chris, but I'm a bit put off by it too. $30k for 2500 books to have dinner with them? hmmm I'm all for them making money from being on the show, but this is a little wonky. What is anyone supposed to do with all those books and how is dinner with them worth that kind of money? The book is not great, but it offered a few insights. I didn't mind the $8.95 because I figured it helped them with that little house on the water, but this goes too far IMO.
Hey Grace, just to offer a different perspective here. I don't think these guys are interested in meeting folks hence the reason why they set such a high price tag. So imagine if they set a price tag of $100 and you get to meet Chris and Des, then folks are going accuse them of being fame whores, they want to have a huge fan base etc. Also on twitter last nite, Chris actually responded to the writer of the article that he would be willing to chat with them and I believe he was just messing with them back becasue they were poking fun at him and Des for the price tag set to meet them. They did use their money to invest in the publication of the book so hopefully they do recoup at least their sunk cost from whatever sales they get. Chris even joked in the interview they did with that Seattle news outfit that if folks don't like the book they can use it as a coffee holder (something to that effect not quoting verbatim), this confirms to me that he knows folks are saying the book is not that great poetry. Like you I bought the books to support their dream of that little house on the water, I did not buy it for poetic insight.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:55 pm

But why even have that option? I have never seen a book sold before that offers these kind of "perks". Just makes them look bad, IMO. If they were trying to collect such a large sum of money, I could see if it said part of the proceeds would go to charity but I'm not seeing that anywhere. It just seems weird. If they don't want to meet fans, why offer it?
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Mustang19 wrote:But why even have that option? I have never seen a book sold before that offers these kind of "perks". Just makes them look bad, IMO. If they were trying to collect such a large sum of money, I could see if it said part of the proceeds would go to charity but I'm not seeing that anywhere. It just seems weird. If they don't want to meet fans, why offer it?
2 possibilities 1) Maybe they feel any publicity, regardless of how others may see it, is good. Thus, it will help draw attention to the book and increase sales 2) They are serious and think there is some fan or group of fans out there that are willing and able to pay such a steep price for the chance of meeting them. Really don't know but I don't think either possibility presents a positive image of the couple in this particular instance especially since there is not a mention of any proceeds going to charity.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:49 pm

If one wants to buy it, great. If one doesn't, don't. I'm not interested in the poetry book, but they seem like a fun and loving couple and I definitely wish them well. They have every right to promote themselves as a couple, same as Kanye, Kim, Jay Z, Beyonce -- anyone does.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Sprite wrote:Okaaaaayyyyy....

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/161018/desiree_hartsock_chris_siegfrieds_poetry

Just a little much. Who exactly do they think would be that interested in their...bad...poetry? no
I agree. This is just too snarkable. duh 
Is nothing private anymore? Is everything for sale?
I think hiding under a chair is far preferable than being a total sellout. :hidingchair 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Sprite wrote:Okaaaaayyyyy....

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/161018/desiree_hartsock_chris_siegfrieds_poetry

Just a little much. Who exactly do they think would be that interested in their...bad...poetry? no
I agree. This is just too snarkable. duh 
Is nothing private anymore?  Is everything for sale?
I think hiding under a chair is far preferable than being a total sellout. :hidingchair 
Here's a snarky tweet for you Kasha...

Senna Nilsson ‏@senna_nilsson13 12 Sep
@ChrisRSiegfried @DesHartsock If I buy 10,000 copies of Diamonds and Hearts, will y'all name your first child after me? #diamondsandhearts

You guys know I'm rooting for Chris (and occasionally Des) It's just this whole concept of selling your time and at such a high $$ is weird to me. Can we buy a few thousand copies for some alone time with Chris? rotfl Hugesmile :Flirty:  In that case, I might have to sell our house.  j/k cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Oooooooohhhhhh, where's everybody's sense of humor? (I'm not talking to you grace, you are just G-O-N-E.)

It is only a coffee coaster/book, not a DVD of their nightly frivolities.

I mean... who wants to see endless footage of furniture construction?

I personally think The Point of all of this is to showcase the reality behind a silly "reality TV show" that too many took seriously. The poems at least confirm that this is not a default relationship. Otherwise, Chris will have to retrieve an awful lot of paperbacks to get rid of Des' name on the cover... or put out a follow up book of breakup poetry. We also get some poetic "hints" to The Truth. ("Concealed Truths" too... just how many contestants were "the ones who conceal" is what I would like to know!)

15 copies is reasonable if you have fellow fans of the show... although you get to keep the one with the Siegfried Signature. Buy a set of 50 for your 50 cups of coffee and you can talk to them for 10 minutes and see how the weather is in Seattle. Buy 100 and you can skype them questions like "Did Brooks really come back and was edited out so Harrison would get more live filler to promote his wardrobe?" Kinda doubt Desie likes dining with strangers, but if anybody goes for 2,500 books, MANY of us will be equally eager to dine with them as well... out of sheer curiosity.

Oh that site calling it all "delusional" is loads of fun. Different writer, but same curious takes can be seen here: http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/160706/are_brooks_foresters_cryptic_tweets

Gee... who knew there was that much meaning in his twitter comments? Run, Forester, Run! She's waitin' for you.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Maybe this whole thing is a joke....they can't really be setting up this promotion of "the more you invest the greater the prize" scheme. Where are the details of this outlined? I can't believe this is real.... Suspect Suspect Suspect 
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Rolly wrote:Maybe this whole thing is a joke....they can't really be setting up this promotion of "the more you invest the greater the prize" scheme. Where are the details of this outlined? I can't believe this is real.... Suspect Suspect Suspect 
Here ya go Rolly.. http://dhpoetry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 pm

It sounds to me like a program to encourage reselling and gifting ...

OK, I wouldn't do it, but they've got a very young marketing advisor and I assumed right off it was his idea; that generation has a different idea of how things are done (I recently joined Instagram, and the blatant marketing by other users is really weird to me). Let these young kids make their business mistakes. Tacky, yes. But also kind of silly creative.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 pm

JBF wrote:Oooooooohhhhhh, where's everybody's sense of humor? (I'm not talking to you grace, you are just G-O-N-E.)

It is only a coffee coaster/book, not a DVD of their nightly frivolities.

I mean... who wants to see endless footage of furniture construction?

I personally think The Point of all of this is to showcase the reality behind a silly "reality TV show" that too many took seriously. The poems at least confirm that this is not a default relationship. Otherwise, Chris will have to retrieve an awful lot of paperbacks to get rid of Des' name on the cover... or put out a follow up book of breakup poetry. We also get some poetic "hints" to The Truth. ("Concealed Truths" too... just how many contestants were "the ones who conceal" is what I would like to know!)

15 copies is reasonable if you have fellow fans of the show... although you get to keep the one with the Siegfried Signature. Buy a set of 50 for your 50 cups of coffee and you can talk to them for 10 minutes and see how the weather is in Seattle. Buy 100 and you can skype them questions like "Did Brooks really come back and was edited out so Harrison would get more live filler to promote his wardrobe?" Kinda doubt Desie likes dining with strangers, but if anybody goes for 2,500 books, MANY of us will be equally eager to dine with them as well... out of sheer curiosity.

Oh that site calling it all "delusional" is loads of fun. Different writer, but same curious takes can be seen here: http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/160706/are_brooks_foresters_cryptic_tweets

Gee... who knew there was that much meaning in his twitter comments? Run, Forester, Run! She's waitin' for you.

Oh the voice of reason!!!   It is just a silly show and JUST a poetry book that no one should take so seriously.....Chris joked about it being used as a coffee table book so I know he doesn't take it too seriously and he has a sense of humor and knows it is not for everyone.  This is the marketing decision made by the couple AND Zack!  Thanks JBF, I agree with your post!  However, I respect everyone's opinions on this!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group

+41