SELECT CONTENT

Chris Discussion Group

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group - Page 5 Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by eliza3 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:07 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:I agree Britt, She definitely looked nervous when CH said Brooks doesn't know the outcome, but I think that's just because she understood it could not possibly make sense to him. Thanks mura, JBF and SM for your responses to my question. All good reading!

About the new In Touch cover.. in part it seems like Nate is to blame for saying a bunch of stupid things. She really can't trust him. I'm sure they were warned to expect these nonsense stories, but it has to suck that she has to keep defending their relationship.
Okay I have some more thoughts.  I don't think Des was acting when Brooks broke up with her.  I think she knew he wanted to talk to her, and she was worried.  I think the feelings were intensified, and she clearly was upset and maybe even a little angry.  I say this because I now think she said some things, right or wrong, that came out of the moment.  Like she was almost trying to hurt him, or make him feel guilty, which is what people do sometimes as a defense mechanism when they are being hurt.  

I believe once she had some time to think, she decided to continue and explore her feelings with Chris.  The feelings were there and when Brooks was out of the picture, she was able "to see what was right in front of her."  This is real life and happens often!  

I think once they stepped out of the bubble and into the real world, their relationship and feelings really took off.  They do have chemistry, of course, but equally important, they have true compatibility.  They also are at the right place in their lives and wanted the same things.  Their relationship will still be tested in the next year, but I really believe that it's real.  

They remind me of Jash, and Chris reminds me a little of Trista's ryan.  I hope they continue to live their life and ignore the tabloids.  I know it has to upset them a little---yes thank you Nate.  Molly said she hated seeing and hearing the things they said about Jason.  This will pass, but it will be hard.  They need to rely on each other, their friends, and family.  Hopefully they won't get it as bad as Jason and Molly did.  

I think that Brooks did the right thing and I remember seeing his face in the limo after the break up.  I saw complete relief in his eyes, and knew then that he was glad to be going and would not return.  He is still a competitive guy, and wanted to know what Des was going to do.  I think, and just a guess, but he probably wanted to hear that it was him or no one, even though he said in the limo that he was hoping she would have feelings for either Drew or Chris.  

I thought that they both looked awkward at the atfr, not because of feelings still there, but because of the real and raw break up they just relived on TV.  Des,to me, at the atfr seemed more nervous seeing Drew.  Chris definitely seemed soooo relaxed, which was very telling.  

Sorry for the long post.  I LOVE this thread!  Can't wait to hear about their dinner tomorrow night with Molly and Jason!  Hugesmile

Wanted to add that i am so happy for them now.  Their relationship started on the show but has taken off since.  They look so happy in pictures and so relaxed.  Wish them well!  I think they have a real shot and we might get that summer wedding after all! ;)
I agree with much you said.  I also think that what we saw was very intense.  But when I watched the break up again I noticed that the editing was interesting.  The sun that shone behind them when they were on the dock changed as the day went on.   TPTB were masterful at making us think that the crying and intense emotion was never ending (at least while they were on the dock).   But as I watch the shadows I saw that the crying happened early while the conversation/questioning happened later.  They kept switching back and forth making me feel the entire break up was that intense and tearful.
Angry - yup I saw some of that.  I hadn't thought that she might have been lashing out at Brooks because she was hurt but I can see that happening.  
Interesting about them seeing themselves and the raw emotion on the tv.  Makes me wonder if they don't remember it exactly that way and are   both a bit embarrassed the way they were portrayed.  
Maybe they actually did find some closure as Des said - both of them - during that conversation and we just weren't privy to it.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Hillie, like your post and totally agree. Oh and by the way...welcome...is that really your first post? :Welcome 
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 pm

hillie wrote:
reason wrote:Did Brook not say to Des on the ATFR that he knew she would choose Chris because of the way she was always looking at him??????
It's all in the way we take it, isn't it.

In this same vein, did not Des say to Brooks more than 4-5 times that she loved him, wanted it to be him when she was on dates with the others, that she never gave her heart because she wanted to give it to him?   Let's face it, Brooks said what he said at the AFTR to give her an out for jumping from one guy to the next in less than 5 days.  It was kind of him to do that for her.  Who cares now, everyone is happy. Certainly Brooks is not pining away for Des, and good ole Chris has what he wanted, and Des has her engagement, so as the saying goes, all's well that ends well, and for some the ending is better than most.
regarding the bolded, I believe that to be true, but on the other hand, not all of Brooks fans feel the same way. They are pining for the relationship that Brooks had(or didn't have as he stated he didn't love her). I seriously doubt that he purposely gave her a way out. I think that he seriously saw it and was telling the truth. Just watching the show, you could see the looks that Chris and Des exchanged in a group setting so I really don't think that there was an out.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:19 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
hillie wrote:
reason wrote:Did Brook not say to Des on the ATFR that he knew she would choose Chris because of the way she was always looking at him??????
It's all in the way we take it, isn't it.

In this same vein, did not Des say to Brooks more than 4-5 times that she loved him, wanted it to be him when she was on dates with the others, that she never gave her heart because she wanted to give it to him?   Let's face it, Brooks said what he said at the AFTR to give her an out for jumping from one guy to the next in less than 5 days.  It was kind of him to do that for her.  Who cares now, everyone is happy. Certainly Brooks is not pining away for Des, and good ole Chris has what he wanted, and Des has her engagement, so as the saying goes, all's well that ends well, and for some the ending is better than most.
regarding the bolded, I believe that to be true, but on the other hand, not all of Brooks fans feel the same way.  They are pining for the relationship that Brooks had(or didn't have as he stated he didn't love her).  I seriously doubt that he purposely gave her a way out.  I think that he seriously saw it and was telling the truth.  Just watching the show, you could see the looks that Chris and Des exchanged in a group setting so I really don't think that there was an out.

clapping! Wonderful Auntie's! Totally agree with you. Brooks was simply telling the truth. He always did on the show and was then too. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:44 pm

What did they all do between the MTP on 4/29 and the proposal sometime after 5/4?

Back to top Go down

Post by mome2jk Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:57 pm

grace8136 wrote:What did they all do between the MTP on 4/29 and the proposal sometime after 5/4?
Ive been wanting to figure out the timeline with the new dates from his book and what was known but I didn't follow the season until the last episode. I went back and watch Chris and Des and love them together.

. If you go to abc medianet the proposal pictures are labeled 5/6 so I assumed the proposal was that day. Also he has a poem that has 4/27 as a travel date to Antigua from the US on one of his poems. I don't know the time difference between LA and Antigua but I think some of the discrepancy can be attributed to that.

mome2jk

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:53 pm

mome2jk wrote:
grace8136 wrote:What did they all do between the MTP on 4/29 and the proposal sometime after 5/4?
Ive been wanting to figure out the timeline with the new dates from his book and what was known but I didn't follow the season until the last episode. I went back and watch Chris and Des and love them together.

. If you go to abc medianet the proposal pictures are labeled 5/6 so I assumed the proposal was that day.  Also he has a poem that has 4/27 as a travel date to Antigua from the US on one of his poems.  I don't know the time difference between LA and Antigua but I think some of the discrepancy can be attributed to that.
The time difference between LA and Antigua is only 3 hours
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:47 pm

brittany44000 wrote:
2observe wrote:
:yes: yes 
Yes and even viewers could see that she was always by chris! several blogs pointed that out as well!
I believe Brooks exact words were that he wasn't "entirely surprised" that she became engaged to Chris because he had seen the way she looked at him. I personally think he was throwing her a lifeline and judging by the look on Des' face after he said it, I don't think she wasn't buying it.

Chris was the second choice...I know it makes for a nicer "love story" for some if they can theorize like it was him all along but if you believe Des' own admission to Chris during FRC he most certainly wasn't.  She said couldn't see what she needed was there the whole time. That it took Brooks leaving for her see it. So how could Chris have been F1 from the start?  I'm happy for them and believe they will "make it" but this is revisionist history from some of you. I don't know how people get Chris was F1 all along because he clearly was not.
You'll never convince me that Des loved Chris as he loved her when she accepted his proposal but I think she has come match his love post show. And IMO that is far more important for their future!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:11 pm

sfrank, I totally agree.

Brooks was trying to help Des out knowing she would have trouble explaining moving so quickly from "I love you...you are the only one I can say that to... the conflict was when I was on dates, I wanted to be on dates with you....I just wanted to give my heart to you". Look at her face after he says he wasn't "entirely surprised"...I think he was a bit surprised after all she said the last time he saw her. JMO.

If they would have dated for a few months after the show and then gotten engaged it might be believable. She went from declaring her love to Brooks (saying all the things above and more), in fact saying she would accept his proposal to becoming engaged to Chris in less than one (1) week. I don't buy it. Brooks was being kind.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:15 pm

mome2jk wrote:

. If you go to abc medianet the proposal pictures are labeled 5/6 so I assumed the proposal was that day.  Also he has a poem that has 4/27 as a travel date to Antigua from the US on one of his poems.  I don't know the time difference between LA and Antigua but I think some of the discrepancy can be attributed to that.
Ali said something about.. maybe they gave her some time off to think things over. That is the only explanation I can come up with for those 6-7 days. It's weird to think that all 3 guys had to just sit in their hotel room for a week while she figured out what to do. The thing is that by Chris' reactions during the proposal, he didn't seem to know any more than he knew at the MTP, so it doesn't seem like he and Des were together. How did he still feel confident after sitting in his room for a week? question 

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:17 pm

grace8136 wrote:
mome2jk wrote:

Ali said something about.. maybe they gave her some time off to think things over. That is the only explanation I can come up with for those 6-7 days. It's weird to think that all 3 guys had to just sit in their hotel room for a week while she figured out what to do. The thing is that by Chris' reactions during the proposal, he didn't seem to know any more than he knew at the MTP, so it doesn't seem like he and Des were together. How did he still feel confident after sitting in his room for a week? question 

Because they were talking, A LOT. :gotcha: 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:19 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
mome2jk wrote:

Because they were talking. ;)
But talking without discussing Drew or Brooks? He seemed happy to hear Drew was gone and concerned when she started to mention Brooks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group

+41
karenap63
MMA50
california90