SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion  Empty Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion

Post by Admin Thu May 29, 2014 6:16 pm

The Bachelor Canada ‏@bachelorCA   Is ANDI a HYPOCRITE? Are "STAHHP" and "YA'LL" the new "ees okay?" What do you think!? pic.twitter.com/fShNT7U9Vb

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion  Bo1cr6dIIAARI1X

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion  Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion

Post by Marybods Thu May 29, 2014 6:29 pm

I don't know where to post this, or if it has been addressed in another thread....

Andi has until May 31st at the latest to return to her job as a Fulton County ADA.  That means she has to be at work on Monday.  She is back home, according to her tweets, saying she is unpacking.  Who believes she is going back to work???  Not I.

And I think it was very hypocritical of Andi to blast JP for the whole  esss ok thing, when she is doing the same thing with the stwaaaap buisness.

Last edited by Marybods on Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Marybods
Marybods

Female Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion  Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu May 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Well, I will give her the benefit of the doubt with her job. That is fair. And if her heart is not in that---I for one would not want her dealing in the legal system.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 pm

That right she did say IF she moved for Love she would pick a state with the easiest bar!.( all in joking) But it is true IF she is moving why go back to her jobe as a DA?
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu May 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Hotmomma wrote:That right she did say IF she moved for Love she would pick a state with the easiest bar!.( all in joking) But it is true IF she is moving why go back to her jobe as a DA?

Could someone please remember and find which interview Andi talked about going back to her job and used the words "for now" ?

I remember a lot of discussion on some thread about this but don't remember hearing/reading her say that. TIA.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu May 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Marybods wrote:I don't know where to post this, or if it has been addressed in another thread....

Andi has until May 31st at the latest to return to her job as a Fulton County ADA.  That means she has to be at work on Monday.  She is back home, according to her tweets, saying she is unpacking.  Who believes she is going back to work???  Not I.

And I think it was very hypocritical of Andi to blast JP for the whole  esss ok thing, when she is doing the same thing with the stwaaaap buisness.

You got me. I guess we have to see if the kiss up media will do their job and find out if she back to work or not.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu May 29, 2014 10:28 pm

IMHO, JP used "ess okay" to dismiss and make light of the women's feelings. Andi is not doing that. I lived in Houston for 20 years and everyone says y'all. It's not rude or dismissive. Her "Stop" is said jokingly, usually when someone is complimenting her and she is embarrassed by it.  Smiley 

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by SafronSahara Thu May 29, 2014 11:00 pm

IrishGal wrote:IMHO, JP used "ess okay" to dismiss and make light of the women's feelings.  Andi is not doing that.  I lived in Houston for 20 years and everyone says y'all.  It's not rude or dismissive. Her "Stop" is said jokingly, usually when someone is complimenting her and she is embarrassed by it.   Smiley 

:Nod: Exactly. Juan Pablo's communication style was very dismissive at times. I feel like people are comparing apples and oranges. The only similarity between the two phrases are the repetitiveness.
SafronSahara
SafronSahara

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 29, 2014 11:14 pm

IrishGal wrote:IMHO, JP used "ess okay" to dismiss and make light of the women's feelings.  Andi is not doing that.  I lived in Houston for 20 years and everyone says y'all.  It's not rude or dismissive. Her "Stop" is said jokingly, usually when someone is complimenting her and she is embarrassed by it.   Smiley 

There is no difference between Andi saying Y'all or Stop because that is her culture than JPG saying "its okay" to re encourage someone that, it's allright. In JPG's defense, with his accent, it comes out esss okayyy, Andi took it upon herself, to mock his accent via twitter, the night she left. Big difference. No one is mocking her accent. They are mocking the fact that she uses those two words constantly, along with the fact that she mocked esss okayyy which JPG said often.

ETA: saying it's okay is not dismissing anyone's feelings IMO, it re encourages them that whatever decision they are making at the time, is fine by the other person.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Hotmomma wrote:That right she did say IF she moved for Love she would pick a state with the easiest bar!.( all in joking) But it is true IF she is moving why go back to her jobe as a DA?

Could someone please remember and find which interview Andi talked about going back to her job and used the words "for now" ?

I remember a lot of discussion on some thread about this but don't remember hearing/reading her say that. TIA.

I remember hearing it too and it was on a video but I'm not sure where.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Fri May 30, 2014 2:29 am

GuardianAngel wrote:

There is no difference between Andi saying Y'all or Stop because that is her culture than JPG saying "its okay" to re encourage someone that, it's allright. In JPG's defense, with his accent, it comes out esss okayyy, Andi took it upon herself, to mock his accent via twitter, the night she left. Big difference. No one is mocking her accent. They are mocking the fact that she uses those two words constantly, along with the fact that she mocked esss okayyy which JPG said often.

ETA: saying it's okay is not dismissing anyone's feelings IMO, it re encourages them that whatever decision they are making at the time, is fine by the other person.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. JP often used "it's ok" when the women were upset by his behavior and he chose not to deal with them and their feelings. It happened several times. Andi's STOP and Y'ALL are not in response to upset contestants. Frankly, to me it seemed most of the time when JP said "It's ok" and pet their faces like they were little dogs...he really meant "oh just get over your cheap self and leave me alone cuz I don't care what you feel." I found it dismissive and insulting in the extreme. Hope we can agree to disagree?  Smiley 
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Iam4UGA Fri May 30, 2014 9:20 am

IrishGal wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

Sorry, but I strongly disagree.  JP often used "it's ok"  when the women were upset by his behavior and he chose not to deal with them and their feelings. It happened several times. Andi's STOP and Y'ALL are not in response to upset contestants. Frankly, to me it seemed most of the time when JP said "It's ok" and pet their faces like they were little dogs...he really meant "oh just get over your cheap self and leave me alone cuz I don't care what you feel."  I found it dismissive and insulting in the extreme.  Hope we can agree to disagree?   Smiley 

ITA IG!

If you can't stand the "ya'll" and the "stop" you are going to be in for a long season.  Sorry.  But apparently it is what she says often.  Ya'll is very common in Georgia and a lot of the South. I guarantee she says it without even realizing it, second nature, so to speak.  I am sure I say it a lot too, and I don't even realize it.

As a PP pointed out, other areas of the country have the colloquialisms that they use and don't realize it.  My former MIL is from the Pittsburgh area and she says "Yinz" all the time, which is similar to "Ya'll", meaning a group of people.

Hang in there and don't shoot the TV!

"How careful I must be, somewhere a little fellow watches me." - Herman Boone - High School Hall of Fame Coach
Iam4UGA
Iam4UGA

Female Posts : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fun - Snark- Cartoons - Thread - *Spoilers* Discussion

+24
MiniDiva
2observe
deeliciouz
momoftrips
SueSt
Litta123
emad0722
ThankMeLater
JBF
black_tears
FLChica