SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Page 27 of 57 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 42 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 27 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Post by kikora Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 pm

LuvnIt wrote:

I live in the San Fernando Valley, which should be closer. I don't often go into the city and have no idea where this is being filmed. The TV studios could be in Burbank or Studio City or somewhere in L.A.

I should check this out!

Every time I've been to a Bach(ette) related taping it's been at the same place - and it's always been in the Glendale area.

And no, it's not an ABC/Disney studio lot.

Frankly, it's nothing like the CBS studio lot area where Price is Right, DWTS, Idol, etc. tape either - it's in a seemingly random neighborhood, where you park off site and get shuttled the first time you go and you wonder if you're actually being punked and taken somewhere totally sketchy because it's all so hush-hush and random. Until you find yourself in line with a bunch of other women and know, while random, there's not doubt that's the right spot! Ha!

kikora

Back to top Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 27 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Post by jelle Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:01 pm

10 Questions With Ashley Hebert. She reveals what she's looking for in a guy and the most romantic spot in Philadelphia: www.philly.com/bachelorette.

Contact David Hiltbrand

I wonder if this was an authorized interview, or if she gave them a hometown freebe hmmm I find her a bit too candid or maybe she deliberately gave her handler a heart attack
jelle
jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:17 pm

ironcat wrote:
cfck2222 wrote:Sorry to weigh in late on Ashley's interview with her local paper but my take is:

1: There's been a legit argument that this season's been too obvious and they wouldn't hand us the F1 on a silver platter like they seem to have. But if Ashley really said she's so transparent viewers should already be able to tell what her decision will be, then I think that answers the "too obvious" argument with "yes, this season could really be that obvious."

2: Though it's possible Ashley's "obvious" is completely at odds with TPTB's storylines, I feel like Ashley wouldn't be saying it's obvious if Ben F were F1 because there's a more obvious connection that's been presented. According to TPTB Ben's a "dark horse" making a "late charge" all of which imply he's behind as of now. Ashley says her mind was basically made up as of HTDs and that's supported by her starting a diary for her F1 and also a comment CH made which seemed to imply that she knew how she wanted things to go down. So, the only way Ben F is F1 is if the editors want to tell a totally different story than Ashley's true one. That's possible, it just feels less and less likely as each week goes by.

3: In the video Ashley answered that the qualities she most looks for in a man are honesty, loyalty, genuineness, and sincerity. I feel like she's described JP this way at least once. JBF has the PIs and VOs listed so I'd have to check those out for references. That is NOT to say that Ben F isn't also honest, loyal, genuine, and sincere, but I don't feel like those are the keywords that have been used to describe him during this season - there've been other positive keywords used to describe him.

IA, particularly with your second point. It may have been obvious to Ashley while it was happening, but assuming she's both watching the episodes and listening to the reaction and commentary around her (particularly now that they have openly dubbed Ben the "dark horse" nobody expected), if she is conceding that fans should be able to tell her preference, it's either JP, or she said that specifically to mislead everyone into thinking it's JP. Not sure why she'd do that at this point, as she's the one who would have to deal with the backlash.

Who openly called Ben a dark horse? I saw Chris' tweets but the dark horse could be one of the dark horses on Ames' fairy tale carriage ride. LOL!

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by ryvetted Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:19 pm

kikora wrote:
LuvnIt wrote:

I live in the San Fernando Valley, which should be closer. I don't often go into the city and have no idea where this is being filmed. The TV studios could be in Burbank or Studio City or somewhere in L.A.

I should check this out!

Every time I've been to a Bach(ette) related taping it's been at the same place - and it's always been in the Glendale area.

Frankly, it's nothing like the CBS studio lot area where Price is Right, DWTS, Idol, etc. tape either - it's in a seemingly random neighborhood, where you park off site and get shuttled the first time you go and you wonder if you're actually being punked and taken somewhere totally sketchy because it's all so hush-hush and random. Until you find yourself in line with a bunch of other women and know, while random, there's not doubt that's the right spot! Ha!

I went to Glendale too for the tapings.

Haha! And within the crowd of women you see a spattering of confused husbands dragged along with sad faces.

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 27 GIFBDayCupcake
ryvetted
ryvetted

Female Posts : 4022

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:22 pm

sjcaligurl wrote:
ironcat wrote:
cfck2222 wrote:Sorry to weigh in late on Ashley's interview with her local paper but my take is:

1: There's been a legit argument that this season's been too obvious and they wouldn't hand us the F1 on a silver platter like they seem to have. But if Ashley really said she's so transparent viewers should already be able to tell what her decision will be, then I think that answers the "too obvious" argument with "yes, this season could really be that obvious."

2: Though it's possible Ashley's "obvious" is completely at odds with TPTB's storylines, I feel like Ashley wouldn't be saying it's obvious if Ben F were F1 because there's a more obvious connection that's been presented. According to TPTB Ben's a "dark horse" making a "late charge" all of which imply he's behind as of now. Ashley says her mind was basically made up as of HTDs and that's supported by her starting a diary for her F1 and also a comment CH made which seemed to imply that she knew how she wanted things to go down. So, the only way Ben F is F1 is if the editors want to tell a totally different story than Ashley's true one. That's possible, it just feels less and less likely as each week goes by.

3: In the video Ashley answered that the qualities she most looks for in a man are honesty, loyalty, genuineness, and sincerity. I feel like she's described JP this way at least once. JBF has the PIs and VOs listed so I'd have to check those out for references. That is NOT to say that Ben F isn't also honest, loyal, genuine, and sincere, but I don't feel like those are the keywords that have been used to describe him during this season - there've been other positive keywords used to describe him.

IA, particularly with your second point. It may have been obvious to Ashley while it was happening, but assuming she's both watching the episodes and listening to the reaction and commentary around her (particularly now that they have openly dubbed Ben the "dark horse" nobody expected), if she is conceding that fans should be able to tell her preference, it's either JP, or she said that specifically to mislead everyone into thinking it's JP. Not sure why she'd do that at this point, as she's the one who would have to deal with the backlash.

Who openly called Ben a dark horse? I saw Chris' tweets but the dark horse could be one of the dark horses on Ames' fairy tale carriage ride. LOL!

CH called Ben that in an interview and I've also seen it mentioned in other places by other writers. I think it's pretty much accepted as the storyline now.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:25 pm

ryvetted wrote:
kikora wrote:
LuvnIt wrote:

I should check this out!

Haha! And within the crowd of women you see a spattering of confused husbands dragged along with sad faces.

lolpanda
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by kikora Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:35 pm

ryvetted wrote:

Too true! giggling

And the totally disproportionate number of male "actors" compared to female "actors" - the majority of the planted "audience questions" for those who don't know - in a TPTB attempt to make it look like there are way more guys interested. Ha ha.

I'm a little amazed they're taping the two so close - that's a lot of hours of film to edit awfully quickly with airing the MTA when they are! Normally they've got more time between filming the M/W TA and ATFR. Plus they're always creating the "previews" and "intro reviews" for each show before hand, too...I've yet to see a full episode at the taping that included the little first 5 or so minutes of the show that reviews what you missed...or the previews at the end...so they're also still usually working on those (probably based on public opinion/ratings/reactions/etc.) along with editing the live shows.

kikora

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:40 pm

as any former F1's gotten a lot of positive press before the Finale airs?
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmommy50810 Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Titou wrote:they are doing public for the ATFR????

so you can be sure that july 25th we will know for sure! LOLLL

July 25th is my birthday! As a huge Jash fan, we better hear that JP IS indeed the F1, or my day will be ruined! hissyfit

proudmommy50810

Female Posts : 511

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 pm

you are ALL cracking me up with your comments!!!

thank you for the laugh!!!! Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 27 Urocksmileys

One daily click generates .6 bowls of food at The Animal Rescue Site

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:14 pm

jelle wrote:
10 Questions With Ashley Hebert. She reveals what she's looking for in a guy and the most romantic spot in Philadelphia: www.philly.com/bachelorette.

Contact David Hiltbrand

I wonder if this was an authorized interview, or if she gave them a hometown freebe hmmm I find her a bit too candid or maybe she deliberately gave her handler a heart attack

I think that after the Bentley drama (which made her and the show look not so great) they are giving Ashley a few more liberties than they would have in years past.
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 27 Empty New Interview With Ben, He's Out and About

Post by ZG Champion Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 pm

A local paper in Sonoma posted a long article on Ben this afternoon. He is quoted in it, so they spoke to him.

It's the Press Democrat, article here .

And Flajnik’s not sequestered away; he and Benziger are holding viewing parties with friends in San Francisco.

“I’m out and about,” Flajnik said. “My life feels as normal as ever.”

Meanwhile in Sonoma, things are getting a little giddier. Young ladies giggled and cooed when Flajnik ate dinner recently at a local restaurant, The Girl & the Fig, according to waitress Noelle Vice, 20.

Sounds to me like he's not F1.
ZG Champion
ZG Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 57 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 42 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

+72
tigertiz
IrishGal
lavenderred
vivalameagx3
ZG Champion