SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Page 7 of 57 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 32 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:33 am

estahafa wrote:
ironcat wrote:
estahafa wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:
skitts wrote:
anders wrote:you're not - this season is beyond boring - if I wasn't addicted I would've given up after the premiere (which I didn't even bother watching til almost a week afterwards)

Anders I agree, either over-the-top drama or bore-feast. It's not just the hoo-hum dates but the whole 'flow' of the season. Ash's (and I luv the munchkin) erratic behavior has me pulling away!

they need to come up with other dates because it can get kind of boring seeing almost the same type of dates each and every season. Sure they were fun to watch at first but they really should switch up now and then.

Much as I enjoy watching all these exotic dates, for me, they are merely distractions and deter the couple from knowing each other. I always pay attention to the conversations and the interaction that takes place in these dates. As we all know, majority of these relationships failed in the real world because it focused on the the superficial and contrived. Trust, open communication, shared vision of a future, and respect don't develop amidst the glitter and pomp of these over the top dates. They mostly happen in quiet dinners, interactions in normal daily routine, and believe it or not, in silent reflections. Shallow relationships cannot stand the test of time and challenges.

They may make for a more boring show for viewers, but I agree that they probably served Ashley better in allowing her to get to know these guys in more "normal" settings. And allowed the guys to concentrate on getting to know the girl rather than be wowed by the cool activities. I wonder how much of it was Ashley's decision to go this route.

Maybe Ashley learned from her previous experience in the Bachelor how important it was to know the person than "have a great time". Remember the disaster of her FD? She probably realized at that point that she and Brad connected in everything but the most important things for her. Many blame her insecurities for the breakdown, but I think it was more than that.

I agree with you on the breakdown with Brad. After I started watching this season, I went back to see how she "lost out" with Brad, so I knew her whole journey. Once I watched his season, it was clear to me that they really didn't belong together, so to speak. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 7 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Post by anders Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:50 am

Kelad9 wrote:
skitts wrote:
anders wrote:you're not - this season is beyond boring - if I wasn't addicted I would've given up after the premiere (which I didn't even bother watching til almost a week afterwards)

Anders I agree, either over-the-top drama or bore-feast. It's not just the hoo-hum dates but the whole 'flow' of the season. Ash's (and I luv the munchkin) erratic behavior has me pulling away!

they need to come up with other dates because it can get kind of boring seeing almost the same type of dates each and every season. Sure they were fun to watch at first but they really should switch up now and then.

to me it's not about the dates - one of my favourite seasons was Charlie's and none of his dates were OTT, they were at the bar, bowling, or horseback riding. To me Ashley is not compelling at all. Her obsession with Bentley for 6 episodes was a total distraction and makes me question her ability to really trust her instincts in the remaining 3-4 weeks after he was 'gone'.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:01 am

anders wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:
skitts wrote:

to me it's not about the dates - one of my favourite seasons was Charlie's and none of his dates were OTT, they were at the bar, bowling, or horseback riding. To me Ashley is not compelling at all. Her obsession with Bentley for 6 episodes was a total distraction and makes me question her ability to really trust her instincts in the remaining 3-4 weeks after he was 'gone'.

I totally agree with the bolded. Some of the guys are somewhat dynamic or funny to watch, but I don't think Ashley is very relatable or sympathetic. At least not for ME (I know many will disagree). I actually find it kind of hard to root for her because of the insecurities and lack of confident decision making. And every time she says something like 'he is the man and makes me feel protected' I want to turn the channel. :hidingchair

I think she's engaged to JP, but I just don't see how she got there when she's even crying and wondering whether she made the right decision with Lucas and Ryan.

allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidiscool Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:10 am

I think that was just a bad editing job. We saw Ashley's body language on her date with Ryan, she was so ready to send him home. In her ITM she said she was making the right decisions about the eliminations but then we got a VO/PI questioning it which really jarred with what we saw on our screens. JMO

Moley moley in your holey, Why are you so sly?
Reidiscool
Reidiscool

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:29 am

i think it's because they're setting the return of one of them (probably Ryan) by making her say these doubts what do you think ?
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by skitts Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:54 am

anders wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:
skitts wrote:

Once again Anders yes , the producers/writers have screwed up this season royally. It was Bentley, Bentley and did I say Bentley? then, poof, he's out of the picture...time to start anew...Ash's insecurities, thrown in our face, have me and, maybe, the viewing audience doubting her ability to choose wisely. As I like Ash, JP and Ben, hope she proves me wrong and finds a soulmate for the long haul. The season, in general... no no no
skitts
skitts

Back to top Go down

Post by skitts Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 pm

You know the whole Bentley thing was so over the top. Ok, I accept CH's comments that they didn't want to 'interfer' with her journey by telling Ash anything he said....but...they could have shown some more footage justifying her emotional attaction to him and what he was doing/saying to her to develop that connection!~ That farce was overplayed and edited badly. TPTB...your quest for drama is turning the show into a B-rated production.
skitts
skitts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:09 pm

anders wrote:
Kelad9 wrote:
skitts wrote:

\

I agree Anders! Thankfully for me I'm not as addicted to the show as I am to this board. I'm not even watching anymore I just come to this board to find out what is going on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Reidiscool wrote:I think that was just a bad editing job. We saw Ashley's body language on her date with Ryan, she was so ready to send him home. In her ITM she said she was making the right decisions about the eliminations but then we got a VO/PI questioning it which really jarred with what we saw on our screens. JMO
IA with you there! Bad editing. Her BL was definately saying I'm ready to send you home when in connections to Ryan. I don't know about Lucas because I haven't been able to see her interact much with him other than the HK 1:1 and we're given soo little time between the 2 of them at cocktail parties to know what they were like with each other. Thou to be honest I felt she was feeling more bad about letting Lucas go than letting Ryan go based on her BL IMO.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:11 pm

skitts wrote:You know the whole Bentley thing was so over the top. Ok, I accept CH's comments that they didn't want to 'interfer' with her journey by telling Ash anything he said....but...they could have shown some more footage justifying her emotional attaction to him and what he was doing/saying to her to develop that connection!~ That farce was overplayed and edited badly. TPTB...your quest for drama is turning the show into a B-rated production.

Hong Kong happened, so we were doomed to hear about Bentley for 6 episodes. Mickey quit over Bentley. She moved JP ahead a few notches over Bentley. Once the choice was made midst filming (back in April) to fly him out to HK, the die was cast in terms of what story would be told on air. I assume it was all they had to work with, in a season where she wasted most of the early weeks with guys who ended up having no long term appeal for her in the beginning (Will, Mickey, Ben C, Ryanz). Let's be honest the guys she took to the end weren't necessarily falling for her left and right. (Constantine and Ames don't even kiss her on their 1 on 1's).
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:01 pm

jlccaz wrote:
skitts wrote:You know the whole Bentley thing was so over the top. Ok, I accept CH's comments that they didn't want to 'interfer' with her journey by telling Ash anything he said....but...they could have shown some more footage justifying her emotional attaction to him and what he was doing/saying to her to develop that connection!~ That farce was overplayed and edited badly. TPTB...your quest for drama is turning the show into a B-rated production.

Hong Kong happened, so we were doomed to hear about Bentley for 6 episodes. Mickey quit over Bentley. She moved JP ahead a few notches over Bentley. Once the choice was made midst filming (back in April) to fly him out to HK, the die was cast in terms of what story would be told on air. I assume it was all they had to work with, in a season where she wasted most of the early weeks with guys who ended up having no long term appeal for her in the beginning (Will, Mickey, Ben C, Ryanz). Let's be honest the guys she took to the end weren't necessarily falling for her left and right. (Constantine and Ames don't even kiss her on their 1 on 1's).

The bolded ties in with all we've heard about there only being a few that were really into her. Sorry Ashley don't know if it's true and you are reading this, but *shrug*
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsbatonmom Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Looks like Lucas is picking Ben F!

http://www.cominguprosesblog.com/
mrsbatonmom
mrsbatonmom

Female Posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 57 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 32 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

+72
tigertiz
IrishGal
lavenderred
vivalameagx3
ZG Champion