SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion #3

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion #3

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:49 pm

HEA wrote:credibility I guess.
But you are right, this BS to be continued was only a marketing move.
If we had this extra 20 minutes after part 1, it would have been like any other Bach franchise. Obviously something is different this season :whistle:

Whatever the ending, it looks like half wont like it!

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion #3

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Brill wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:Now things are getting interesting:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He is actually doing a Bachelor Gig at a Night Club like Brad had to do and it isn't in Alberta. Hugesmile
Yep in Saskatoon,  Saskatchewan as Tim posted on his IG while in the air.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:30 pm

iamreal2u wrote:Most eligible bachelor?  Umm..  Wouldn't April or Trish have something to say about that.  When I typed "about" it was in a canadian voice btw.

Thanks for the heads up.  Had me wavering.

Added:  His next tweet made sure to let everyone know it was for charity.

laugh out loud cantstopl

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:34 pm

richmondrose wrote:
albean99 wrote:
atem wrote:There's been nothing 'new' about this season at all.

You guys act like the lead picks who people want.  It's not American Idol.
cantstopl You gave me a good laugh, atem. It's so true.  

I don't really see that time is an indication that Trish could be f1. They'll fit in what they need in any case. IMO they're playing up April potentially leaving because she is the f1. There's really been no doubt introduced with Trish, it's all been April.

They played up Brooks leaving and he did. I don't think April necessarily leaves but it may come  down to Tim not choosing her in the end.

I believe it was different because it was in the FD episode where they could leave it out there whether Brooks would come back. I was shocked when he didn't & Chris was the f1. This is completely different because a lot of people think Trish may be the f1. To me the surprise this time for the viewers is that April doesn't leave and she's the f1. That's just what I think will happen, YMMV.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:17 pm

albean99 wrote:
richmondrose wrote:
albean99 wrote:

I don't really see that time is an indication that Trish could be f1. They'll fit in what they need in any case. IMO they're playing up April potentially leaving because she is the f1. There's really been no doubt introduced with Trish, it's all been April.

They played up Brooks leaving and he did. I don't think April necessarily leaves but it may come  down to Tim not choosing her in the end.

I believe it was different because it was in the FD episode where they could leave it out there whether Brooks would come back. I was shocked when he didn't & Chris was the f1. This is completely different because a lot of people think Trish may be the f1. To me the surprise this time for the viewers is that April doesn't leave and she's the f1. That's just what I think will happen, YMMV.

Plus the rules are different... Look who the Bachelor chases and who chases the Bachelorette!

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:05 pm

sophienette wrote:Plus the rules are different... Look who the Bachelor chases and who chases the Bachelorette!

Rules? what rules? I thought they were all thrown out the window recently. No wonder I'm all mixed up. :cutesmile!:
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:18 pm

albean99 wrote:
richmondrose wrote:
albean99 wrote:

IA. It's not same. They ended the cliffhanger with April VO saying "I could be giving up on love." Brooks never said he was afraid of giving up on love. It was more a case of him not even getting to a place where he could even be in love enough to fear giving up on it.

Also, there's a difference between a Bach lead and a Bette lead. Who is the Bach lead chasing, who is chasing the Bette? (Brooks got a lot of airtime but it was because of Des and not Brooks chasing her).

There's no chase seen with Tim and Trish, only Tim with April. And during the upset we Tim chasing April like never before. In fact, we saw Tim go beyond mere chasing (figuratively or literally) we saw Tim was literally, physically holding onto April... that's more than just chasing, that's not wanting to let her go. Blog-gate or no blog-gate, imo, that says it all.

Apologies beforehand... Very long Sidenote:
There is much talk about how easy and comfortable Tim and Trish's relationship has been and it is so appealing to many for just that reason. Many people that are Trish=F1 supporters, even in the media, have pointed to just this fact of no conflict between them two compared to the conflict seen by April with Tim. But here's the problem, research shows that a couple that doesn't experience conflict has a less likely chance of succeeding than one that does. There is a reason for this. Happy-go-lucky is all well and good; so is having a sense of humor—but, these things are not determinants on how someone will resolve conflict when it arises...and with two people in a relationship, growing and changing together, conflict is inevitable.

Trish and Tim have had no conflict that they have had to face together. They don't talk about real issues, life outside the bubble, what is real and not real—the way that Tim and April have. Trish talks about being nervous but says it is exciting. Being in the romantic phase of love is all good and well but one's behavior during this phase is a very, very poor indicator of how one will deal with the conflict that will arise once this phase dissipates. And it will. Couples that do not address (both parties) possible conflict are less healthy than those that do. And those that do, the difference lies within how they deal with the conflict/issue. Giving up, withdrawing, wanting to leave, etc, can be seen as warning signs, but in actuality, because they are communicated (and in such a pressure-cooker environment with a camera in one's face!) this is actually a very healthy thing (it is name-calling and grudge-holding,etc, that is unhealthy conflict resolving).

And that is the thing, we have witnessed in a small way how Tim and April deal with conflict and we will likely see, at least in part, how it is resolved. Communication is key in a relationship. Thus far we have seen April and Tim mirroring one another. April does mirroring by saying to Tim "so what you are asking is....?" She doesn't just interpret what he says, she lets him know what she understands him to be saying before answering a question. That is a communication skill that very few people have in relationships and is learned by couples during many therapy counseling sessions. If Tim and April can work through a major conflict of being in love and being on a show that almost sets one up for failure in the real world, then they have already passed an insurmountable odd. There has been nothing that Tim and Trish have faced together that comes close to this.

Anyone that has been in a long-term relationship, especially those who have taken on "the daunting task of marriage" as Tim's mom said, will know from experience that marriage is not easy. There's a reason fairytales end with the proposal or wedding scene or the couple falling in love. No one seems to want to focus on what happens after the honeymoon phase. From what I have seen, Tim and April have bypassed that honeymoon phase to the real nitty gritty of the realities of a life-time commitment. Tim has stated numerous times he is inspired by his parents because of their tough times and their devotion to one another, not the happy-go-lucky times. He alluded to this with Trish on their picnic date, that it was all good and well that they have a sense of humour but it is serious for him.

Brad's words in his blog sum up best why I believe Tim and April have a real shot of a long-term, post-bachelor, post-honeymoon phase relationship:
Given the odd circumstances of meeting the Bachelor and knowing the period in between the show and life in the “real world” after, it’s better to learn how to push through those circumstances now and continue to strive for a relationship that is real and can materialize. It’ll be great preparation to see if they can get through those issues and tough times when they matter – after the cameras are gone!

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:40 pm

richmondrose wrote:
sophienette wrote:Plus the rules are different... Look who the Bachelor chases and who chases the Bachelorette!

Rules? what rules? I thought they were all thrown out the window recently. No wonder I'm all mixed up. :cutesmile!:
Maybe not a "rule" but Sophie's right. The Bachelor leads tend to chase their gal and Tim seems to have been chasing April all season.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 pm

albean99 wrote:I believe it was different because it was in the FD episode where they could leave it out there whether Brooks would come back. I was shocked when he didn't & Chris was the f1. This is completely different because a lot of people think Trish may be the f1. To me the surprise this time for the viewers is that April doesn't leave and she's the f1. That's just what I think will happen, YMMV.

Oh, I do remember that season very well. As there was nothing but Brooks, Brooks, and nobody but Brooks talk. Even though he left at FD, during the last episode there was still ongoing talk of him returning and people were waiting with baited breath for him to jump out of the bushes during the FRC ceremony.

Chris supporters were able to see through the smoke and mirrors of the Brooks drama and just like that season the Trish supporters think they are able to see through it with Tim's season. I see a spark with both girls but the spark with Trisha shines more brightly in my eyes.

richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:01 pm

albean99 wrote:
richmondrose wrote:

Maybe not a "rule" but Sophie's right. The Bachelor leads tend to chase their gal and Tim seems to have been chasing April all season.

Rewatch the Wonderland date and look to see who Tim chases after to sit beside on the rollercoaster.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by timfan Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Just saw a commercial for the bachelor finale and both April and trish are at the frc and I like the dress April is wearing and Tim has a ring
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:04 pm

richmondrose wrote:
albean99 wrote:I believe it was different because it was in the FD episode where they could leave it out there whether Brooks would come back. I was shocked when he didn't & Chris was the f1. This is completely different because a lot of people think Trish may be the f1. To me the surprise this time for the viewers is that April doesn't leave and she's the f1. That's just what I think will happen, YMMV.

Oh, I do remember that season very well. As there was nothing but Brooks, Brooks, and nobody but Brooks talk. Even though he left at FD, during the last episode there was still ongoing talk of him returning  and people were waiting with baited breath for him to jump out of the bushes during the FRC ceremony.

Chris supporters were able to see through the smoke and mirrors of the Brooks drama  and just like that season the Trish supporters think they are able to see through it with Tim's season. I see a spark with both girls but the spark with Trisha shines more brightly in my eyes.

I'm with Sophie that the guy leads tend to be different from the female leads but to me it's good that we all don't see the same thing. I've always thought Tim was picking April but what really set it in stone for me was him pulling her chair to be closer to him.

Can't wait to see that commercial, timfan.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - *Spoilers* - *Speculation* - Discussion #3

+23
Mr&MrsSmith
vivi2
Rolly
LynnTa
timfan
iamreal2u
richmondrose
Brill
jojo47
Ash2214
Kashathediva