SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by notarose Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:09 am

An important aspect of SalesForce is their 1-1-1 program: 
annually they give 1% of their equity; 1% of their profit; 1% of each of their employees' time to nonprofit charity/service.  SalesForce has also effectively challenged a few other businesses to do the same. 

In Nick's case (as with all employees), this means that 3.6 workdays per year are paid days for charitable work instead of sales work. On IG he has posted about 2 charity events but they were on weekends/evenings so are not part of this initiative.  I can see why this company is his dream job as part of his resume includes employment with a nonprofit organization which dealt with food programs for the disadvantaged.

As stated in this vid, SalesForce also donates product and service to nonprofit organizations. 

I think it would be great for more people to know about this company and its humanitarian approach to capitalism.  It is very much tied to the concept of  "Samaritan"  Smiley It is also fearless in taking a stand - perhaps some would say polarizing. An example of ideology over money. 
http://www.forbes.com/sites/benkepes/2015/03/26/salesforce-com-makes-a-stand-against-bigotry/

Gender equity
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/23/salesforce-pay-gap_n_7126892.html

This is Nick's 9-5 when he isn't on TV. If, last season, there appeared to be times when he appeared to think the antics on the show were trival, it may have been because they were in comparison to his typical life.

Back to Bette, SalesForce is global in addition to having many offices in the U.S.  Hmm, 1 in Vancouver as well.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by california90 Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:56 am

MVMom39forever wrote:
california90 wrote:Yes, Dylan was talking about his own. He worked at a smaller company and talked about his previous company which was Ernst & Young, highly reputable that would have not let him take the time off. Smaller companies benefit from exposure, the larger ones- your brand is already so large, exposure is not the priority.

Salesforce is a really large company and they don't need exposure from a reality TV show, a dating one where the majority of its target audience are not the same as Salesforce. I don't see Salesforce needing Nick for exposure.

Also, Catherine worked for Amazon. She had to quit, but was allowed to come back on as a Freelancer after filming, I believe. Nick might just be on hourly/contract basis. I'm not sure what their policy is.

Sorry for double post but wanted to add ... YES! agree that Salesforce certainly did not need Nick for exposure as noted in my above post.

Catherine's profession is/was a graphic designer, which is far more conducive to freelance work, than Nick's role.  

Nick is an Account Executive (per his LinkedIn account) who actually still works for Salesforce (based on his recent anniversary tweet) and I don't know any B2B software sales people who work hourly or on contract. While some IT support and development work is often farmed out to contractors, sales teams are pretty much always full-time positions due to their access to customers and lots of confidential competitive information.

April 28th can't come soon enough ... Milwaukee get your cameras ready ...

I didn't say that they asked Nick- they wouldn't. In comparison to Dylan who works for a smaller firm, the exposure would make a larger impact on their business, which Salesforce wouldn't necessarily need or benefit greatly from. I also just used Catherine as an example because she works for a very large company as an example along with Dylan's previous employer at E&Y. Those companies probably wouldn't allow time off or paid time off at least. Catherine had to quit to go on the show, so therefore wasn't paid during the months of filming. She still got to work for them a little bit when she came back, I believe. Like I said, I don't know what Salesforce policy is about "time off" or if they have it in their resources to let him go on the show. He still has his job, whether the company paid for him while he is gone is something I don't know because I don't know their policy on that.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Here's a thought - maybe Nick couldn't get enough time off so TPTB decided to have him join in NY.  That would accommodate Nick's ability to take leave as well as add excitement (or do I mean drama) to Kaitlyn's season.

Also, Salesforce is a Silicon Valley company and hence culture while EY is a staid accounting firm. Former is much more likely to offer sabbaticals or time off without leave, etc.
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Here's a thought - maybe Nick couldn't get enough time off so TPTB decided to have him join in NY.  That would accommodate Nick's ability to take leave as well as add excitement (or do I mean drama) to Kaitlyn's season.

Also, Salesforce is a Silicon Valley company and hence culture while EY is a staid accounting firm.  Former is much more likely to offer sabbaticals or time off without leave, etc.

I thought he might be using his banked holiday time.  He's only been there 2 years and spent 2&1/2 months last season filming during that time so I think he would only have a set number of days with some kind of arranged compromise after that.
I also suspect he may have been allowed to do some work via the cloud.  Ed left because of work (supposedly) in Jillian's season then was allowed to return; Brady is dating Britt but still gets to work. Nick is in charge of a sales team so he doesn't need to be there to address specific clients as it is the team's portfolio but they might want to check with him from time to time. 
Food for thought.

Guys on the show with children would have access.  Maybe Nick's job is his baby. giggling

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Maybe he is able to do some work while on the show btw interactions with Kaitlyn. There would be alot of downtime for him while others are out on dates

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:42 pm

Nick finally replied to his sister's tweet and tweeted about the weather.

Nick Viall ‏@viallnicholas28 6m6 minutes ago
@MariaViall Ha! Straight PB almost always but almond butter is apparently a big deal now. Gotta move with the times.

Nick Viall @viallnicholas28  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
Summer can't get here soon enough!

And also retweeted and favorite this tweet.

Nick Viall retweeted
Bill Murray @BiIIMurray  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
No one wants to hear about your diet. Just eat your salad and be sad.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Sigh.....I just don't get it!! I am totally clueless!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:22 pm

2 be or not 2 be ...continued?
That is the question Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 2292733854

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:40 pm

I'm not even worried. Used to this by now.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:49 pm

mindless wrote:I'm not even worried. Used to this by now.

rofl  
Me 2 Smiley

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:42 pm

What else would we talk about if not for Nick's tweets?
BTW, the weather in southern California is kind of cloudy and cool (for us!) the past couple of days. So the summer comment fits LA too if he really is staying there.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:49 pm

If he was in Chicago, this would be for us that endure harsh winters, a gorgeous day. It's sunny, around 40 degrees.

When I'm away, I always check the weather at home. I bet he's doing the same thing with his minimal SM allowance. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+70
eliza3
eirekay
dw_a_mom
Catdwoman50
Sprite