SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 37 of 63 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 50 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 37 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by soccermom333 Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:19 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:I don't recall Kaitlyn ever telling Shawn to leave if he had a problem with her exploring other options. If she did say that she was just challenging him because we all know she would've been a wreck had he walked. And yeah, this couple bugs. I just don't find them balanced or healthy at all. Kaitlyn questions Shawn about the eskimo bros. comment and his reply? "See, what had happened was." Total red flag but Kaitlyn doesn't even question him on it. She is so afraid to piss this guy off and he is horrible with confrontations and just deflects everything. He turned that entire convo into "Nick's is beneath me and if you choose him you aren't the one for me."  Rolling Eyes

Yeah, their relationship has SO many red flags i can't even count them anymore. RS said this and I 100% agree: if you are making excuses for your man this early in the relationship, it is not a good sign of what's to come. It would be fine if she did that once with the Eskimo brothers thing, but she continues to do it every single week in her blogs and Periscopes and snap-chat recaps.

And, yeah, for someone so adamant that Nick is manipulative, Shawn should really take a look in the mirror. He threatens to leave, knowing that he likes her too much to actually do it, just so that she's always trying to chase him and make sure he stays. He makes it seem like picking Nick is a sign that there's something wrong with her, not him. When he's questioned about a specific thing he's said, he throws vague attacks on Nick to draw the attention off the real issue. He played the game well, I'll give him that.

completely disagree with this. No point in arguing and the board is so great because posters can come and share an opinion regardless if the next poster completely disagrees. #teamkaitboo ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 37 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 pm

chasingpavements wrote:snipped...

Yeah, their relationship has SO many red flags i can't even count them anymore. snipped... I 100% agree: if you are making excuses for your man this early in the relationship, it is not a good sign of what's to come. It would be fine if she did that once with the Eskimo brothers thing, but she continues to do it every single week in her blogs and Periscopes and snap-chat recaps.

And, yeah, for someone so adamant that Nick is manipulative, Shawn should really take a look in the mirror. He threatens to leave, knowing that he likes her too much to actually do it, just so that she's always trying to chase him and make sure he stays. He makes it seem like picking Nick is a sign that there's something wrong with her, not him. When he's questioned about a specific thing he's said, he throws vague attacks on Nick to draw the attention off the real issue. He played the game well, I'll give him that.

This is exactly how I see it as well. IMO Shawn has been the manipulator from day one. The issue with these types of relationships, everything he doesn't like about her, she will try and change about herself to make him happy. That only lasts for so long. He hates Nick, it appears she can't associate anything with Nick, not even in her blogs. What about viewers that want to know how she's feeling with regards to Nick, positive or negative. To me, saying nothing at all, says it all.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:15 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:snipped...

Yeah, their relationship has SO many red flags i can't even count them anymore. snipped... I 100% agree: if you are making excuses for your man this early in the relationship, it is not a good sign of what's to come. It would be fine if she did that once with the Eskimo brothers thing, but she continues to do it every single week in her blogs and Periscopes and snap-chat recaps.

This is exactly how I see it as well. IMO Shawn has been the manipulator from day one. The issue with these types of relationships, everything he doesn't like about her, she will try and change about herself to make him happy. That only lasts for so long. He hates Nick, it appears she can't associate anything with Nick, not even in her blogs. What about viewers that want to know how she's feeling with regards to Nick, positive or negative. To me, saying nothing at all, says it all.

I don't know why she isn't mentioning Nick more in her blogs and SM, etc. maybe it's too painful and raw still. Maybe he had a hard time taking no for an answer. Maybe he said or did something during /post-filming that is bothersome to her. I just don't see Shawn manipulating her. She isnt exactly a wallflower. And she had the upper hand and all of the power in this situation.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:18 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Lucas, did she not tell him he could leave in that convo? That would be the monkey wrench in your interpretation. But, I maybe wrong. S and K annoy me so much I only half listen to them. I am usually typing to my friend how annoying he or she is to me.

That may be one of those things that someone thought they heard, posted it and it grew legs to where a lot of people thought that's what she said. But she never said it. Here's a transcript of the entire conversation (I have it on DVR and transcribed it):

Shawn:
I did a lot of thinking last night and I had a real tough time sleeping just thinking about everything you told me. You know I understand that there are other connections and other relationships, and that I know I'd be naive to think that there aren't. I don't understand - why him. You asked me how I felt about him and I told you my honest opinion and you know you told me you thought I was the one and I just don't know why you'd do something like that to jeapardize us.

Kaitlyn:
I think I am here to explore other relationships because at the end of this I will never explore another relationship. It will not happen. Telling you that you were the one halfway through was a mistake. I had no business doing that when I had other relationships to explore. I don't think that's something that's fair to you - or anyone else. If I'm going tell somebody that it's going to be at the end when I'm 150% confident. Like I'm here to explore other relationships and I admitted that it went too far. I didn't sit there and tell you that I did that and I feel good about it. I was telling you - and only you - that it went too far. And I did feel guilty about it. I know what I did - I'm not sitting here feeling ashamed of myself - I'm just wanting to be honest with you.

Shawn:
I appreciate all that - I do.

Kaitlyn:
I love your honesty and I love that you care - so much. But you need to let me figure out things for myself. Do you think that at the end of this that maybe like I won't be someone that you can trust?

Shawn:
Um

Kaitlyn:
You'll have to trust me - and I just don't think you do.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:29 pm

agentcurls wrote:I don't know why she isn't mentioning Nick more in her blogs and SM, etc. maybe it's too painful and raw still. Maybe he had a hard time taking no for an answer. Maybe he said or did something during /post-filming that is bothersome to her. I just don't see Shawn manipulating her. She  isn't exactly a wallflower. And she had the upper hand and all of the power in this situation.

I don't either - yet - or maybe I should say I'm not sure.

One of the very first interviews that she did is posted in the Body Language thread and in that video she was talking about Nick (the preview for the season showed Nick so everyone knew immediately he would be on the show) and as she was talking she made a micro expression - which I pointed out and discussed in that thread. I wasn't totally sure what she was expressing but it was either anger, contempt or disgust because it was easy to rule out all the other emotions and there's only 7 that show up as micro expressions.

At the end of this season I plan to go back to that thread and list a series of things from the show (excluding anything that might or might not happen at the ATFR) that I think could have resulted in that particular micro expression - I've already got several in mind but the show isn't over yet. Perhaps whatever resulted in that emotion is a reason why she is distant from Nick now because she did show something emotionally negative back then.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:00 am

Lucas15 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Lucas, did she not tell him he could leave in that convo? That would be the monkey wrench in your interpretation. But, I maybe wrong. S and K annoy me so much I only half listen to them. I am usually typing to my friend how annoying he or she is to me.

That may be one of those things that someone thought they heard, posted it and it grew legs to where a lot of people thought that's what she said. But she never said it. Here's a transcript of the entire conversation (I have it on DVR and transcribed it):

Shawn:
I did a lot of thinking last night and I had a real tough time sleeping just thinking about everything you told me. You know I understand that there are other connections and other relationships, and that I know I'd be naive to think that there aren't. I don't understand - why him. You asked me how I felt about him and I told you my honest opinion and you know you told me you thought I was the one and I just don't know why you'd do something like that to jeapardize us.

Kaitlyn:
I think I am here to explore other relationships because at the end of this I will never explore another relationship. It will not happen. Telling you that you were the one halfway through was a mistake. I had no business doing that when I had other relationships to explore. I don't think that's something that's fair to you - or anyone else. If I'm going tell somebody that it's going to be at the end when I'm 150% confident. Like I'm here to explore other relationships and I admitted that it went too far. I didn't sit there and tell you that I did that and I feel good about it. I was telling you - and only you - that it went too far. And I did feel guilty about it. I know what I did - I'm not sitting here feeling ashamed of myself - I'm just wanting to be honest with you.

Shawn:
I appreciate all that - I do.

Kaitlyn:
I love your honesty and I love that you care - so much. But you need to let me figure out things for myself. Do you think that at the end of this that maybe like I won't be someone that you can trust?

Shawn:
Um

Kaitlyn:
You'll have to trust me - and I just don't think you do.

Thanks for the transcript. I think this and the second visit to her room conversation have meshed as she did say he could leave there. I agree, this convo is about getting them to the end and him not trusting her to do that. I do wonder what else was said that was not shown.

Lucas15 wrote:
agentcurls wrote:I don't know why she isn't mentioning Nick more in her blogs and SM, etc. maybe it's too painful and raw still. Maybe he had a hard time taking no for an answer. Maybe he said or did something during /post-filming that is bothersome to her. I just don't see Shawn manipulating her. She  isn't exactly a wallflower. And she had the upper hand and all of the power in this situation.

I don't either - yet - or maybe I should say I'm not sure.

One of the very first interviews that she did is posted in the Body Language thread and in that video she was talking about Nick (the preview for the season showed Nick so everyone knew immediately he would be on the show) and as she was talking she made a micro expression - which I pointed out and discussed in that thread. I wasn't totally sure what she was expressing but it was either anger, contempt or disgust because it was easy to rule out all the other emotions and there's only 7 that show up as micro expressions.

At the end of this season I plan to go back to that thread and list a series of things from the show (excluding anything that might or might not happen at the ATFR) that I think could have resulted in that particular micro expression - I've already got several in mind but the show isn't over yet. Perhaps whatever resulted in that emotion is a reason why she is distant from Nick now because she did show something emotionally negative back then.

I don't care what Nick did or didn't do. Talking about him in the blogs is her JOB. Andi and Josh hated Nick and still she talked about him. JPG was pissed with Clare and TPTB and still did full blogs. Des was left and rejected by Brooks and again she talked about him. The blogs are for the viewer to understand what the lead was thinking AT THAT POINT in filming. They are NOT the leads love letter to F1. So Kaitlyn's inability to do her job shows what a weak minded self centered person she is. This process was not any harder on MeKaitlyn than any other lead. Supposedly, she is happy and in love, so who cares what someone else did, DO YOUR JOB for the viewers and fans.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:01 am

I think both Kaitlyn and Shawn had red flags about each other...
1) Shawn with him saying Kaitlyn actions don't match her words, his trust issues, saying K isn't his type unless he is the "one".
2) Kaitlyn with expressing her concerns about Shawn and his jealousy/possessive/trust issues.

Both were likely wondering if this was because of the show or who real issues regardless of the show (and Kaitlyn even voiced this concern).

I think TWT whether this is the case but I felt from the get go and posted that these are issues that go beyond this show.

If anything, I think this show only emphasized the issues these two have and likely will continue to have until they stop making excuses for them.

Rose colored glasses (or Bette bubble views) last so long and then those little red flags one overlooked come back big time. Jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:03 am

Kashathediva wrote:Interesting POV, Lucas.
I absolutely took K to mean I am going to do what I need to do for my journey.
I feel K is as honest as she needs to be at the time. When the time comes to be more honest, she'll cross that bridge.

ITA, she is very honest with him and not afraid to tell it as it is. This is her journey, and if/when she makes mistakes, she owns up to them, I like that about her. It was very interesting watching her tell S about sexgate, she was no longer emotional, she was even prepared for him to leave if he could not handle it.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:30 am

Maggenzm wrote:
I feel K is as honest as she needs to be at the time. When the time comes to be more honest, she'll cross that bridge.

ITA, she is very honest with him and not afraid to tell it as it is. This is her journey, and if/when she makes mistakes, she owns up to them, I like that about her. It was very interesting watching her tell S about sexgate, she was no longer emotional, she was even prepared for him to leave if he could not handle it.

Just to stir the pot, what if she told Shawn because she was trying to give him an "easy way out"? Meaning that if he couldn't handle the truth about her relationship with Nick, she was giving him a cut and dry way to leave. Then she might know more clearly if he really could handle her type of honest relationship. The fact that he stayed was an indication to her of how strongly he felt.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:40 am

I guess I see Shawn more as someone who was surprised to find he had such strong feelings early on for Kaitlyn and was afraid of getting hurt. Nick was a threat and Shawn distrusted him from the beginning for whatever reason. I tend to agree with him that Nick's a bit of a manipulator however Shawn should have just concentrated on his own relationship with Kaitlyn. Nick is good at that although it can bite him in the butt when he gets too confident.

I don't dislike any of them so hope everything goes smoothly at the ATFR.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:00 am

OnePromise wrote:
Maggenzm wrote:

Just to stir the pot, what if she told Shawn because she was trying to give him an "easy way out"? Meaning that if he couldn't handle the truth about her relationship with Nick, she was giving him a cut and dry way to leave.  Then she might know more clearly if he really could handle her type of honest relationship.  The fact that he stayed was an indication to her of how strongly he felt.  

She was probably testing him. And she was smart to tell him at that moment instead of him finding out after saying ILY & proposing. It probably made all the difference that she did. I don't think he was pleased with the info, but appreciated her honesty.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:15 am

And regarding her asking him about the "eskimo brothers" situation, he didnt avoid or deny it but in fact started to tell her by saying .,. What had happen is...and she responded with "I dont need you to like explain it to me"
Just putting that out there because i hve read about Shawn avoiding and being manipulative. I saw him admit to everything he called Nick and describing exactly how the sitution went down. He even went as far as saying he told nick if she ended up with nick then he would sleep well because that meAnt she isnt for him.
Lets compare that with Nick who lied about using "intimate" to describe his date to the guys when Kaithlyn asked him, an he also lied to When he said the reason the eskimo talk came out was because kaithlyn asked him point blank. She didnt , in fact she started the conversation by saying she had one of her better days with him and he was like "about that.." Then went on a ramble. And she then talked about how all the guys may be against him because he had been on the show before and then Nick went on to talk about no respect for Shawn and the eskimo issue. Nick is the manipulative one because he had no reason to single out shawn in that conversation except to reveal the eskimo brother story.
Imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 63 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 50 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+84
nannymargie
bluwavz
Rolly
LoveDovez
marloon
eliza3
Emilia23_12
luvlady345
chi-girl
Di_ATL
MissB