SELECT CONTENT

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by marloon Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:25 pm

I still like them.

marloon

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by mindless Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:59 pm

I may be in the minority, but I always found Sean kind of insufferable and way too into himself, so I don't think all we saw was creative editing. Of course most of the ridiculous stuff was fake, but can I just ask why on earth go along with it? You have to be little dumb to just do whatever some reality TV producers tell you to. If they suggest something ridiculous and you do it, then what do you expect them to do with the footage exactly? Burn it? No, obviously it'll end up on TV. So perhaps learn some critical thinking? I'm sure the list and whatnot were some of Sean's infamous pranks, but when have his pranks not fallen flat? Humour is not his forte, so best not attempt it on a show like this.

IMO Sean thinks the sun shines out of his behind, so everything he touches will turn into gold. Too bad, but no. He just got a favourable edit on TB, because he did everything the producers told him to and managed to find a legit bride. Lucky for him they didn't ask him to do anything too ridiculous, because he probably would've done it and made an azz out of himself. MBC will be brutal, but perhaps a valuable lesson. Don't blindly trust people who are only in it for the money and ratings.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:49 am

mindless wrote:I may be in the minority, but I always found Sean kind of insufferable and way too into himself, so I don't think all we saw was creative editing. Of course most of the ridiculous stuff was fake, but can I just ask why on earth go along with it? You have to be little dumb to just do whatever some reality TV producers tell you to. If they suggest something ridiculous and you do it, then what do you expect them to do with the footage exactly? Burn it? No, obviously it'll end up on TV. So perhaps learn some critical thinking? I'm sure the list and whatnot were some of Sean's infamous pranks, but when have his pranks not fallen flat? Humour is not his forte, so best not attempt it on a show like this.

IMO Sean thinks the sun shines out of his behind, so everything he touches will turn into gold. Too bad, but no. He just got a favourable edit on TB, because he did everything the producers told him to and managed to find a legit bride. Lucky for him they didn't ask him to do anything too ridiculous, because he probably would've done it and made an azz out of himself. MBC will be brutal, but perhaps a valuable lesson. Don't blindly trust people who are only in it for the money and ratings.

I agree 100%, especially with the bolded. If he's now saying he works from home in gym shorts, does most of the cleaning, and would never dare give Catherine a to do list, why go along with a made up story line? Maybe he felt he had to project a miore professional image, or maybe he thought it'd turn out to be funny. The other 3 story lines were more attuned to reality hence the others don't seem to mind their portrayals despite the chopped up editing. But regardless of the activities, fake or real, I thought Sean came across as both cocky and clueless.

MBC is going to be a trainwreck for them.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:56 am

^ because wife swap show always like that . Their show is more about scripted than portraying who you are . It is never a secret that this show always need to put drama to create a story. wife swap is more of an scripted show. It is always like that . I used to watch this show before but I stop because what they exaggerating  everything . So I am not suprised at all. They did from the past casts too . They portrayed them ridiculous on the show to make their show entertaining . It is always like that . That is this wife swap being done.

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Eb97c9
Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 9zt107Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 XgicucCelebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Oaw2uvCelebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 2pqw5k8Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 30szzauCelebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 am

lovebites8727 wrote: ^ because wife swap show always like that . Their show is more about scripted than portraying who you are . It is never a secret that this show always need to put drama to create a story. wife swap is more of an scripted show. It is always like that . I used to watch this show before but I stop because what they exaggerating  everything . So I am not suprised at all. They did from the past casts too . They portrayed them ridiculous on the show to make their show entertaining . It is always like that . That is this wife swap being done.
You're absolutely right, lovebites. That would be the point others have made. Wife Swap is always like that. That's what makes Sean & Catherine complaining about it after collecting their paycheck so ridiculous. :yes:
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:15 am

^Sean states in his blog he has no room to complain because he agreed to the show and was paid. So not seeing where you are getting they're complaining. They both have been setting the record straight about what their life is actually like in case people think the show was real. And I don't blame them for that.

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 87b72b10 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 86669110 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:20 am

FLChica wrote:
lovebites8727 wrote: ^ because wife swap show always like that . Their show is more about scripted than portraying who you are . It is never a secret that this show always need to put drama to create a story. wife swap is more of an scripted show. It is always like that . I used to watch this show before but I stop because what they exaggerating  everything . So I am not suprised at all. They did from the past casts too . They portrayed them ridiculous on the show to make their show entertaining . It is always like that . That is this wife swap being done.
You're absolutely right, lovebites. That would be the point others have made. Wife Swap is always like that. That's what makes Sean & Catherine complaining about it after collecting their paycheck so ridiculous. :yes:

I think I have said this before, Sean and Catherine never complained and even his blog he did not complain but he is dealing with it. I for one have complained and most of his friends and fun have complained because it was really not called for what they did to them. One thing for sure Sean never thought they would portray him like that, he assumed that they will show all those things as jokes but still show him for whom he is but the producers thought otherwise. The nice thing Sean and Catherine are dealing with the whole thing in a very good way and just saying the truth that was missed by the producers.

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Cather10Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 -the-b12Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Bach1212Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Bachel10Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Wecsrp12Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 10689-11
I want to be rich in love ~ Sean Lowe  
I thank God for bringing you to me and igniting that same light ~ Catherine Lowe
blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 am

blessed66 wrote:
FLChica wrote:

I think I have said this before, Sean and Catherine never complained and even his blog he did not complain but he is dealing with it.  I for one have complained and most of his friends and fun have complained because it was really not called for what they did to them.  One thing for sure Sean never thought they would portray him like that, he assumed that they will show all those things as jokes but still show him for whom he is but the producers thought otherwise.  The nice thing Sean and Catherine are dealing with the whole thing in a very good way and just saying the truth that was missed by the producers.
Yes that is what I thought so.

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Eb97c9
Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 9zt107Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 XgicucCelebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 Oaw2uvCelebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 2pqw5k8Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 30szzauCelebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:42 pm

FLChica wrote:

Snipped......

If we are to believe what Sean has disclosed about his resume', he is a college graduate with many years of experience in the oil & gas industry, worked for some time in the insurance field, worked soliciting investors for his business dreams, is/was a business executive with expertise in the real estate industry and is now a luxury homebuilder.

I found this interesting, so I have to ask.  Is any of this true, or was that just put there as part of the "script" for CWS?  I have wondered what Sean's true occupation is for some time....but a luxury homebuilder ???  Also, I was shocked to hear that he has MANY YEARS of experience in the oil and gas industry.  And the "is/was a business executive with expertise in the real estate industry" is also something new that I have never heard before.

Okay, I knew that he had worked in the insurance field and assume that soliciting investors for his business dreams is connected to him endorsing that weight loss product (can't remember the name of it).  So, when has he had time to do all of the rest of those things on his resume'? I am sincerely asking and would appreciate it if someone would fill me in. Thanks.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:56 pm

IA they aren't complaining at all, actually it's the opposite. They are owning up to it. He also stated very clearly that he isn't used to this type of negative attitude towards them and wants to clear the air. There were no insults or rudeness towards production. Just plain truth from them on how they really are.

That's no different than what many do/say after being on any reality TV show. Everyone always has something to say to clarify they really aren't like that, or they never really do the things viewers saw on TV.

Sean admitted it bothered him. He's a sensitive guy, who wouldn't be bothered by it especially when you're not used to it. He did turn to his faith and realizes he shouldn't be bothered by what people think, there's a higher One who he needs to please.

seanloweksuYeah... so that whole Wife Swap thing made me look like a complete jackass but I guess that's the risk you run when you agree to take part in something like that. Thanks to those who saw through it all and offered words of support. Now here's a picture of my dog watching herself on TV. Goodnight.

snipped

I’ll be honest with you, even though I knew most people would be able to see through the “character” they created, it really bothered me.
Let me start by saying, I have no room to complain about anything. I agreed to do the show and they compensated me for doing so. Yes, I mistakingly thought the silly narratives they created would be shown as light hearted and fun but I also understand that when you sign up for reality TV, you run the risk of being depicted however the show sees fit.
Sean's blog

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:19 pm

I liked his blog post. I think this was good for Sean, nice to see him humbled a bit. Hopefully in the future he'll be less sanctimonious towards others who are maybe on the wrong side of the golden edit.

What's more scripted, Wife Swap or Boot Camp?

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 9 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:44 pm

bleuberry wrote:I liked his blog post. I think this was good for Sean, nice to see him humbled a bit. Hopefully in the future he'll be less sanctimonious towards others who are maybe on the wrong side of the golden edit.

What's more scripted, Wife Swap or Boot Camp?

I would say WS for sure, plus MBC is spread over a few weeks. I just watched it the one season when Trista & Ryan were on. The scenarios that are the weekly back drop for the therapy sessions are over the top/over produced, but the group and individual sessions can be pretty raw - they are real therapists who seemed pretty sincere IMHO. And there are tons of cameos of the cast members talking smack about each other.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+28
mindless
marloon
FLChica
vivi2
blessed66