SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by sparkler Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:50 pm

rhondam wrote:I disagree LFL. I don't believe Kaitlyn is letting anyone get a glimpse of what's within. Not that she has to but I think that all of the humour and all of the drinking is a cover for something she is trying hard not to feel. This is my opinion only based on my own experience with various coping mechanisms to try not to feel any uncomfortable feelings, but if she has shown us everything then Ian was right in his assessment of her and she is just surface level.

We all eventually learn how to deal with emotions some better than others.

I'm coming out of my off season lurking to say that I agree completely with this post. I said during Chris's season that she was hiding herself from herself through humor. And I agreed with Ian's assessment of her, that he came to see that heartbroken and real woman that we briefly glimpsed rather than the woman who wanted to have her field plowed. I'm not comfortable with excessive drinking so I am following them mainly from this thread and the fan thread, but her drinking and humor appear to be strong defense mechanisms to keep herself from feeling and knowing herself. Shawn seems to be along for the ride for whatever reason....just my opinion. I want to see all couples from this franchise make it in the "real world" but I can't get too involved with these two.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by agentcurls Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:03 pm

Latest Snapchat:
Kaitlyn wearing socks that are inscribed with " I don't give a f____."
Caption: "earmuffs children"
I'm afraid she does give way too many ______. Who is she trying to kid when she puts things like this out there?
This is just too sad. This might be where I stop peering into thier lives and hoping for it to be better, IMO.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:26 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
I'm still grateful she was the bachelorette over Britt. I couldn't even stand Britt in her 30-sec segments on the end credits, definitely wouldn't have been able to make it through a whole season of her.
I

Like Britt or not...she iseems to be a very positive person according to her SM. (I didn't follow her during CS' season...how did she handle those who are not fans/the backlash?)
Kaitlyn's negativity is such a turn-off. She  doesn't greet anyone....she doesn't smile much even, and when she does its for the cams  and it doesn't feel very authentic.  And I get it, inspirational quotes aren't really her thing.
I was neutral towards Britt and and now wondering what it woukd've been like or what we might've missed out on (through redemptive edit) if Britt had been chosen. I'm thinking many of Kaitlyn's bachelors are/were thinking the same thing.

agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:50 am

Kashathediva wrote:I can identify quite a bit with K/S as I behaved very similarly when I was in high school. partytime
I changed(grew up) and they can, too.

High school being the key here. They are 30.

They like to drink. They like to party. I know several people who were just as they are when they were single...into their late 20's, early 30's. Not my cup of tea, but whatever. The difference that I see between these two and the people I know, is when they met their significant other, they grew. They wanted to be better people because of that other person. They started getting their sh*t together...they went back to school, improved their career situations, bought homes....and cut back significantly on the partying and drinking. They didn't become angels all of a sudden, but they made improvements and are not the same people they were before these relationships. Sean and Kaitlyn on the other hand, almost seem to bring out the rowdy, irresponsible behaviour in one another and seem to be reverting back to the type of behaviour one sees from high school or college students. Top that off with the mean streak that I see, does not a happy relationship make.

Personally, I get a very Jodi type of vibe from these two and I expect the same result. It is early days yet and time always tells. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. wine 2pop

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:08 am

agentcurls wrote:Latest Snapchat:
Kaitlyn wearing socks that are inscribed with  " I don't give a f____."
I'm afraid she does give way too many ______. Who is she trying to kid when she puts things like this out there?
This is just too sad. This might be where I stop peering into thier lives and hoping for it to be better, IMO.

Yes I do kind of expect the 'ette to be a bit of a role model. This is not the example I would want for young people to be following or admiring. Rude, crass and immature. I enjoy a sense of humor but not,"I don't give a f#*%". I would love to know the average age of their fans..... has to be about 18.... I would bet real money!!!

What is the deal with people buying followers on SM? I'm sure my age is showing but how stupid is that. They want to appear popular so they buy followers but people know they have bought followers.... so what exactly does that prove?!? no no

All I have to say is, "Stop making stupid people famous". :yes:
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:19 am

I used to appreciate Kaitlyn's spunk and feistiness, but when there is no contrast in personality ( a genuinely warm and softer side) her "shtick" becomes rather dull. K/S are a good-looking couple, I will say that, but they are proving to be pretty basic and not very dynamic. I can't wrap my head around how even these young fans (& older ones) of theirs can feel connected to these two in any way. They are taking their post-show  journey "at" us and not "with" us.  
They have champagne faces, but leave me with a Boone's Farm taste.

agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Rolly wrote:

Yes I do kind of expect the 'ette to be a bit of a role model. This is not the example I would want for young people to be following or admiring. Rude, crass and immature. I enjoy a sense of humor but not,"I don't give a f#*%". I would love to know the average age of their fans..... has to be about 18.... I would bet real money!!!

What is the deal with people buying followers on SM? I'm sure my age is showing but how stupid is that. They want to appear popular so they buy followers but people know they have bought followers.... so what exactly does that prove?!? no no

All I have to say is, "Stop making stupid people famous". :yes:

So when she tweets a product, she has a cuzillion phoney bots that will retweet it for her and they are in turn tweeting her crap as well.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:31 pm

IA. I think Kaitlyn is a VERY insecure person as well as spoilt and immature - a disastrous combination.

Kaitlyn has never grown up and can't handle not being liked or not getting her way and throws shade/has a hissy fit when anyone comes against her.

Shawn seems to have a similar problem with insecurity and having a temper when he doesn't get his way or his ego isn't stroked.

But in their relationship dynamic Shawn has to put that aside and stroke Kaitlyn's ego and make it all about her.

The day he stops doing that is the day this is all over, imo.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Plenty of past leads and contestants don't buy followers and still promote stuff and get offers. I'm sure she would've too, albeit maybe a bit less. Buying followers gives me 2nd hand embarrassment. laugh out loud

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 53 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:38 pm

It's interesting that many people are saying now that Kaitlyn is the dominant one in the relationship and Shawn is just going along with whatever she says, b/c I remember many saying the opposite when the season was airing, that Kaitlyn was doing whatever Shawn wanted (hence the people blogs and interviews that would never mention tog). I don't know if that this is a repeat of Jodi, where you have two stubborn, alpha people and although one temporarily takes a backseat, that won't last. Or, if there is compromise going on BTS that we just don't see. I really don't follow them enough to know but I just thought that was an interesting change of observed dynamic.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm

bleuberry wrote:Plenty of past leads and contestants don't buy followers and still promote stuff and get offers. I'm sure she would've too, albeit maybe a bit less. Buying followers gives me 2nd hand embarrassment. laugh out loud

Me too. It's like paying someone to be your friend. laugh out loud

I will say I liked Shawn's IG post with the setup of the roses, date cards and pics from the show. It's that side of him I really like to see.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:51 pm

chasingpavements wrote:It's interesting that many people are saying now that Kaitlyn is the dominant one in the relationship and Shawn is just going along with whatever she says, b/c I remember many saying the opposite when the season was airing, that Kaitlyn was doing whatever Shawn wanted (hence the people blogs and interviews that would never mention tog). I don't know if that this is a repeat of Jodi, where you have two stubborn, alpha people and although one temporarily takes a backseat, that won't last. Or, if there is compromise going on BTS that we just don't see. I really don't follow them enough to know but I just thought that was an interesting change of observed dynamic.
It's quite simple to me.

Kaitlyn was always the dominant one on the show and is still the dominant one after the show...

For example, on the show with Shawn, she was able to manipulate Shawn's alpha/competitive drive with the other guys to get him further riled up and get him to chase her. But when he would chase her too much (that one RC when he wanted to talk to her) she told him he would have to just deal with it that she was going to be with other guys and likely have more sex. So even though Kaitlyn had told Shawn he was "the one" Shawn was still doing her bidding and the only difference, IMO, is that Shawn was competing with other guys for Kaitlyn so he ramped up his temper/issues but now no one is competing for Kaitlyn so he can just go about doing her bidding 24/7.

At the end of the day, Shawn competed for a girl that none of the guys would want anyway.

JMHO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass