SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by thirteen Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:31 pm

When the Sam's met at the Logie Awards did Sam Frost already had a rose ceremony?

Don't judge people on who they used to be. Allow them to be who they are. See them "now". Not "then".
thirteen
thirteen

Female Posts : 414

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by california90 Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:53 pm

ellmack wrote:OMG HEA..!! You've just said exactly what I've been thinking re Sam being TBette. I was never a fan of hers, (although nor was I fan of Blakes) and I wasn't keen on the way both Sam and Lisa seemed to be delighting in trashing Blake post show. it seemed a bit too high-school for my liking. I'll be watching but it won't be because I am a Sam fan, it will be just for the entertainment value really..

ETA; just been reading some more threads and sounds like she may have done a bit of soul-searching and growing up these last few months. Good for her if she has. Nice to read that she felt she got caught up in all the post-show drama and lost herself, coz that's exactly how I saw it. It was all a bit of a monster that grew wings. I'm skeptical, but will be open minded. Bring it on!! clapping!

I mean it happens.

We all sat here watching it all go down and called Blake a "dirty street pie" for what he did. Media, the same. I can see how she could have been caught up because it was in her face all the time and media wanted to talk to her.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:08 pm

ellmack wrote:
ETA; just been reading some more threads and sounds like she may have done a bit of soul-searching and growing up these last few months. Good for her if she has. Nice to read that she felt she got caught up in all the post-show drama and lost herself, coz that's exactly how I saw it. It was all a bit of a monster that grew wings. I'm skeptical, but will be open minded. Bring it on!! clapping!
I will definitely give Sam a chance... who is to say how any of us would have handled the scandal last year and may have lost sight of ourselves with all that going on but the important thing is at least Sam seems to have realized this and can admit it and that is always a good thing. I think it is easy to think of these people as just TV characters but with her history (heartbreak with guys, hard upbringing and family life) it probably only made things more hectic which she admits they did. Plus, she was 25 and she made mistakes but those were more media related than hurting someone else and at least she owns up to them which is more than what Blake the snake has done now that he is on another TV show (I just watched a clip of him on Aussies Celebrity Apprentice and you can see why he is such a tool. Ugh! Gross guy).

Hopefully it will be a good season. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see how Aussie guys handle being on the Bette Aussie.  :Nod:  giggling

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:10 pm

thirteen wrote:When the Sam's met at the Logie Awards did Sam Frost already had a rose ceremony?
No, filming had not yet started. Logies was May 3rd and filming started May 20/21 for first RC.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:02 am

Mark my word... as soon as her season will start, she will become angelic and perfect and soon enough fans will lick her toes again.

I cannot wait to watch the edits using, abusing and deform ad nauseam about how she was dumped on the altar with hundred of guests (never was but who cares).

ooooo edits edits edits edits...... you do so much wonders and miracles!

this is going to be funny to watch finally and for the first time in the bachelore(tte) history I do not want my favorite to make it F1 The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 2 2498057887

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:26 am

ellmack wrote:OMG HEA..!! You've just said exactly what I've been thinking re Sam being TBette. I was never a fan of hers, (although nor was I fan of Blakes) and I wasn't keen on the way both Sam and Lisa seemed to be delighting in trashing Blake post show. it seemed a bit too high-school for my liking. I'll be watching but it won't be because I am a Sam fan, it will be just for the entertainment value really..

cantstopl she was coached to re-gain the popularity she lost when she played victim, trashed blake, use sarcasms and meanness as second fluently language. She wanted to be bachelorette, no doubt. She lost a lot of weight, changed the color of her hair. I mean it was all planned, trust me. She was in every event possible, received free clothes, money to participate to events, free invitations, met stars in the entertainment and tv business.... she became a fame whore (do not trust me? please check all the gossips magazines and you will see her more than you think). She reminds me very much of Andi....

So the soul searching at 25? yeah, right. rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:32 am

HEA wrote:She reminds me very much of Andi....

I don't see Sam Frost anything like Andi.  scratch

1. Sam was engaged and then dumped and this was only the second season in Australia so it had huge backlash and Blake lied about things (his appearance currently on Celeb Apprentice Aussie is proof he is still a snake) while Andi was never engaged and then dumped for someone else and had to deal with all that like Sam did.
2. Sam grew up poor and in broken family, no parents to actually parent her and had to help her own mom with her many tragic illnesses. Andi grew up with a silver spoon and parents who are there for her every whim.
3. Sam owns up to her mistakes which Andi never does.

She was in every event possible, received free clothes, money to participate to events, free invitations, met stars in the entertainment and tv business.... she became a fame whore
By that definition of "fame whore" then applies to Dani who is still promoting herself in magazines as of this week, had all free clothes, at every event possible, money to participate in events, free invitations, posts on her IG promotional stuff, is in magazines, interviews, on television shows, etc.

So I don't see how Sam was any different. It seems like it just is a case of who one likes or doesn't like and that will be defended otherwise objectivity would be applied to all. It makes little sense to completely write off someone completely when they did what every other person in this show has done and who is to say how one would have reacted when going through that? At least Sam owns up to her mistakes and that in itself is completely opposite of Andi.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ellmack Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 am

I think for me personally what I really thought was blatant attention-seeking was when Sam loudly claimed that she was dating Dane Rampe. Which of course was complete news to Dane. Just seemed to me like the attention from The Bachelor spotlight was fading and she jumped at the chance to get her name in the mags again as one of the latest Footballer's WAGs. And clearly she went and mouthed off without thinking about the repercussions of what she was actually saying.

Yes she apologised. Yes she retracted her claim (after Dane had denied it), but gee, that was a bit of a dick move to make in the first place. Gotta get it right girls, don't go claiming a guy is yours unless it's actually true. You might be doing more harm than you realise.

Anyway. Like I said, if she's learned from her mistakes then good. and I do appreciate that she had a tough upbringing, and she deserves happiness just as much as the next person. So yeah, I actually do hope she finds it. And who knows, by the end of the show heck I might even find I warm to her! Smiley
ellmack
ellmack

Female Posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:11 am

Yeah the Dane thing I actually saw differently since they were dating/hanging out and there were many pap photos of them together so it wasn't like she just made it up... I think it was taken to mean they were in a relationship though and they weren't so that blew up. I actually thought it was rude of Dane to almost claim like he never knew Sam when it was very obvious he did and at the very least they had some dates together since there were photos of them.

I guess for me I didn't care for the magazine covers (Maxim in particular) but that is b/c I am not keen on anyone with too sexy shots of them so that thought applies to all. I felt like she got suckered into that and wanting to appear desirable after the national dumping and am glad she said she kind of lost her self and the media were really full on last year and Aussie media seem to stalk the Bach/BBAU stars a lot there.

I will be interested to see she is on the show and navigates the media - especially considering this is a first season.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Well, so far I am loving the season and Sam as Bette Aussie.

When googling some of Sam's exes, I can totally see why her type is brown hair, dark eyes, etc. Paul O'Brien her one ex is definitely like that. More of a Michael and Sasha look to them. Richie would not be her physical type at all based on hair and eye colour.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:52 pm

OK, watched the first 2 episodes ... on fast-forward ... so I actually had to rewind a bit to notice Richie that i've read you gushing about... and these are my thoughts:

1) Sam is lovely, but ... the verdict is still in the air ... for the lead that's the usual practice for me and now more than ever after learning all 3 last seasons of lessons, my opinion will be defined only by the end and at least when I see where she's leaning and how is she handling all (eliminations included).

2) Her intro video ... BS ... and I get it, it's what TPTB.au has to sell. And although I don't know much about her and her media-presence from what I read in the above posts, I kinda agree with Ellmack. I do wish her well and happiness as I wish for any stranger, but until my "instinct" doesn't give a green light I don't wish to pair anyone with her ... (I've done the 1st rule mistake with the other Sam and especially with Andi, so no more or I'm worse than a donkey on the ice - slovenian proverb)

3) Her interactions with some guys and her ITMs/Pis ... again ... some BS ... understandable, since it's her role. On contrary I found her talk with David about Michael another of those BS moments, and surprisingly, without reading others' opinions, she reminded me of Andi in that moment ... not totally like her, but I found her "concern for Michael's noble reasons" ... just as "noble" as Michael's selling himself for a humble christian good guy and a perfect husband ... or just as sincere as Woody's heartfelt backing of Heather (after his own actions).
Actually I find Sam and Michael's time together similar to Kaitlyn and Ben's ... so politically correct that it's laughable ... if that means anything, he might have a good chance for the new gig.

now moving on to the guys themselves:
4) Michael ... as written above is a car-seller ... perfect in what he does and says, so basically I have nothing against, he is doing what he is supposedly there for ... and considering that Sam's feelings for him are on an equal level, I see no foul and nobody's going to get hurt at the end ... Michael is like Sarah on TB.s3 (with no offense to Sarah).

5) David ... oh David, I agree with Michael (his interview/statement) he didn't do himself any favor by speaking that way, but I actually believe this guy is more intelligent and less superficial than what the edit intended to show ... and i kinda get the feeling that it was the perfect set-up for Sam to make her "statement" ... state her ground ... be a decisive woman and showcase her value ... and David was just a perfect fit for her performance ... but not an innocent victim (so I hope i don't hear him complain like Emily).

6) Sasha is ... well, kinda in a role of Heather, but nothing like her ... he is the default front-runner ... or at least with my faulty presumption of the edit, he is the winner until he's not.
I don't find him funny or characteristically appealing so I don't see the attraction, but I do acknowledge that he has some manly presence, which kinda associates with a decisiveness and a responsibility ... so maybe that's something appealing to Sam after the last fiasco ... but maybe looks can be deceiving, IDK.

7) Alex is another manly man ... but with those side-looks... I honestly don't know, is he trying to bat his eyelashes and woo a woman with some highly-induced romance? ... I wonder then if it's real at all.

8) Davey ... he is a joker ... he is the Emily&Nina of this season, but without the villain edit ... too genuine/naive a.k.a. ignorant and putting the foot in his mouth too often ... but at least he's aware that he is doing that, so maybe he isn't so naive as Emily, who only after the airing figured out that talking BS about others might turned out to not be a good image. But for a guy who isn't afraid to bear his butt, I'm sure that's all fun ... since being classy was never an issue... he finally made it on TV!

9) Will, Drew, Kieren, Tony ... yeah, not buying they are really into Sam, but a nice experience should never be turned down ... so good for them... not much to say from me.

10) Dave ... not sure, he's nice ... I think that says a lot ... since that's all I've got. For some reason I get that feeling of the edited version of Chris Soules (without the farm story). I'm curious (not that much really) what will come out on him after the show... where we gonna see him.

11) Kayne ... the only real, genuine, authentic guy I see... completely out of the others' league ... he's the only one that I sincerely believe he's there for "the right reason" - exclusively for Sam (or at least I buy the BS) ... and usually those contestants never end up with the lead ... so yeah, he's out of the game (sorry buddy, honesty is not appreciated and chemistry counts).

12) The last but not the least ... Richie, he has his reasons to be there ... the good thing is, that he actually really likes Sam, so once this boy starts falling, as it happens with most contestants who go in with the "fun exposure" intention and get out as F1 with some serious "heart-bliss" motive, that the genuine feelings prevail and the game drops ...
so i believe him and i find him real and honest in this bubble ... for some reason ... I think some people might be onto something ... and he is indeed F1, the slow burner ...
he's the laid back cool dude ... only that luckily for him, he isn't in the friend-zone at all and maybe he hasn't been noticed (fully) yet ... or the edit is playing tricks on us again ... but his chances are high.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:15 pm

@happygolucky: Since similar in other thread, I will say that Sam reminds me a lot of Heather in the way they were raised (same hard upbringing and dysfunctional family, was poor, had to raise her younger brothers, abuse from a young age, loss of father figure who died, mother whom she had to care for due to mental illness and other issues).

Even Sam's HTD on Bach AU S2 also was a sore point for her and was just her siblings with no parents or parental figures. So even Heather benefited more b/c of Warrick. Sam never had a Warrick. She had to help raise her own siblings while trying to raise herself too. It's why, in her intro for her season she is only with her siblings. The one man she did have from a young age to be a sort of parental figure was her step-dad but he died. So she now raises money for that charity and also for the charity that helped her mom.

To learn more about Sam, here is Sam's blog, starting with a post on her mom and her life: https://thelanguageofsam.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/meet-debbie/

Sam's way of writing reminds me of Heather a lot - both in upbringing and very similar sense of humour (Sam's blog post on Star/Zodiac signs is too funny). It's why Heather loves Sam so much and speaks so well of her and Sam tweeted that Heather is her favourite and they follow each other on SM. They really could be besties. Interestingly too, I think they both have terrible pickers when it comes to men and I think their tragic/dysfunctional upbringings play a role in that.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+12
CyntSaint
iamreal2u
Sunnyandhappy
Rolly
GreenGoddess