SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 Empty Re: DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:18 am

Nonina430 wrote:^^^ In your opinion of course. Since 2007 I believe in the
shows fifth season, Derek has had his share of non dancing
partners. True he has won Five mirror balls but danced for
fourteen seasons. What is it that makes you feel it's corrupt?
It is of my opinion he is the best dancer on the show.Hugesmile

Nonina who do you think Derek had that was a total dud like a Bristol or Kate?

Here is a link to his list of partners and the worst he finished was sixth with Shannon Elizabeth. None of these people were really duds. Even Amy Purdy, while challenged because of her disability, was young, in great shape and had rhythm. Compare that list with poor Tony and Tristan. No contest IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Hough

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Dovolani

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_MacManus

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 Empty Re: DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Nonina430 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:07 am

Sprite, the only person on that list that I would consider being
a hoofer, would be Jennifer Grey. Whose father is the great
Joel Grey. And even with her he worked very hard at. With
many disagreements if you can remember. Myself along with
1.3M followers is the reason he won 5MB. We can go round 
and round on this. You obviously do not care for him. This is
the last I will post on this matter.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:49 am

I will continue to state that I do not and will not ever agree that Derek is the best dancer on the show. He is the best performer and he is absolutely wonderful at creating visually appealing dance numbers. But if you want to talk technical ballroom dance it's not even close. Derek has two major championships to his name and a handful of other awards. Val has 16 major championships to his name as well as a handful of other awards. I will agree that Derek is the better all around performer....but if we're judging ONLY technical dance capabilities Derek is NOT the better dancer, imo. And I've seen interviews of Derek's in which even he states that Val is probably the best dancer on the show.

I like Derek and love to watch him perform...but I do agree that he has had better dancers than others (such as Tony, Tristan, Artem, and Keo)...but I think Derek would do better than any of those mentioned above even with the partners they've had. Derek just is good at showcasing his partners talents.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:01 am

I'd love to see Derek try to deal with Kate Gosselin. That would have been hilarious it only because I don't think anyone could make her look like a dancer but also because of her personality. Tony has tons of patience and lost it with her several times.

I vote next season Derek gets the oldest and least experienced person. Let's see him work his magic for real.

DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 87b72b10  DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 86669110  DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:52 pm

umngirl wrote:I'd love to see Derek try to deal with Kate Gosselin. That would have been hilarious  it only because I don't think anyone could make her look like a dancer but also because of her personality. Tony has tons of patience and lost it with her several times.

I vote next season Derek gets the oldest and least experienced person. Let's see him work his magic for real.

This! A thousand times this!

I don't hate Derek, but it is frustrating when he never gets a total dud. Never. Nicole was a ringer through and through. He had a couple of Olympic gymnasts who were fit and train in dance as part of their regular training. True, that is not ballroom, but it gives you a step up in choreography and they perform as part of their sport. Again, that is a huge advantage. Same with the singers. They are performers. They have learned choreography as part of their act. All of it plays into the advantage.

I agree that even if he did have bad partners, he would probably be able to showcase them better. No doubt they would also go farther because of his fans, but I doubt even he could truly improve them that much.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Nonina430 wrote:^^^ In your opinion of course. Since 2007 I believe in the
shows fifth season, Derek has had his share of non dancing
partners. True he has won Five mirror balls but danced for
fourteen seasons. What is it that makes you feel it's corrupt?
It is of my opinion he is the best dancer on the show.Hugesmile

Why didn't he get Paula, or Kim, or Patti Labelle or 73 year old Betsey Johnson? I can go on and on. It may be my opinion but it's fact. I'd like to see him, as bean pointed out, with one of those types of ladies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Did you know "stars request which pro they want"

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Nonina430 wrote:Did you know "stars request which pro they want"

Yes, and that IMO makes it even worse. hmmm I don't think Tony asks for the ones who have absolutely no experience in anything but botox and waisting cinch training.

I have nothing against Derek. I just would like to see him paired up with someone with no experience like so many others have been. His trophies don't mean much if the playing field isn't fair IMHO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:19 pm

I love Tony as well, but it has been said over and over again
by most of those who he dances with, that they chose him.
He does have the most patience. And once stated about
the old factor, "he didn't mind it"

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:20 pm

What's Tony supposed to say? I'm sure they all know that Derek is favored. I imagine lots of stars ask for Derek but they can't all get him. I can't think of another dancer who hasn't had to pay their dues with an old star or someone who's a dud at dancing. I've been saying this for many years and like I said it's a lot of the reason I almost never watch. All JMO.

I believe Derek's a very talented choreographer although he likes to ignore the rules at times. Len won't be there to mark him down now.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15319

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:40 am

DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 CQ07C3kUYAAmOwj

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/news/updates/season-21-switch-up-partners-announced

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises   DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 1f49c

DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 8367-910  DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 I_got_13  DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 E5kqdm15  DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:39 pm

DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 6 12145121_357471714377275_1629173322_n
@maksimc is returning to #DWTS!! He will be guest judging on a brand new episode at 8|7c on @abcnetwork
DWTS IG
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 21 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+26
Rolly
Bet2Win
umngirl
Scooby
Sprite