SELECT CONTENT

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by FLChica Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:07 pm

instinct wrote:It'll be interesting to see more of the convo and aftermath.  I think Sean is knee jerk defensive about anything to do with money, which may have triggered him.  The man needs to find a job.  They're not going to be able to live on the sales of Cat's $8 greeting cards.  And if my husband and I spent 24 hours a day together we'd be fighting about nothing also :pullouthair:

But the sad thing is that they seem to make progress then always repeat the same behaviors the following day.

In the previous episode, Mama June mentioned that she and Sugar Bear had a new offer on the table to make a sex tape for $1 million. That revelation is what sparked this conversation which led to SeanCat fighting - as usual. 

I agree that Sean is knee jerk defensive about money and how they "earn" their money. He was a principal in a failed investment company where investors lost millions of dollars. That fiasco combined with a spotty employment history based on appearances on the Bachelorette and then the Bachelor likely led to him needing a co-buyer to qualify for the mortgage on the home in Dallas. (The co-buyer part is a matter of public record, not my opinion.) It must be tough knowing your ability to provide for your family is based largely on how much strangers like you and will watch your shows, buy the products you shill, get hits on your blog, etc. 

SeanCat's ridiculous appearance on Wife Swap confirmed to me that they had low standards for making easy money. MBC re-confirms it.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm

People reporting on tonight's episode. Clip in the link:

In an exclusive look at Friday's Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars, the former Bachelor stars are taken to task for taking their mics off during a recent argument.

Judge Lynn Toler accuses Sean, 32, and Catherine, 29, of "hiding in the closet like 12-year-olds," and not allowing the program to help them through their issues.

"When there's an issue, we can't address it because you're hiding it from us," adds Toler.

Sean and Catherine don't see it that way.  

laugh out loud @ Catherine already getting testy with Judge Toler. Another dumb fight in 3, 2, 1...  giggling

Sean & Catherine Lowe Accused of Keeping Marriage Troubles 'In The Closet'

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:35 pm

bleuberry wrote:Well he does have some standards, y'all. He couldn't, 'in good conscience', recommend that his fans watch MBC. The same conscience that allowed him to sign on the dotted line. How convenient.  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f61c

ITA bleuberry. rotfl

Of course his "good fake conscience" won't allow him to recommend his fans watch MBC because his "real conscience" knows that if those fans watch it could cause him to lose some of his revenue stream.  Oh right.....Sean does not care about money.$$$ Rolling Eyes laugh out loud laugh out loud

Sean and Catherines expressions in the Judge Toler exchange are priceless. laugh out loud laugh out loud

Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Just watched last nights episode. Not that I ever watched their show I was glad to know the truth about her and her ex.

Interesting that Sean wasn't sure if he was ready to have a baby. I think that was his first honest answer.

I was so happy when the judge called them out about having constant arguements but trying to hide them from everyone and not getting the help they clearly need. They definitely asked softball questions to each other. They seriously have an attitude problem, I had to laugh when Sean wanted to leave again. He clearly did not like hearing the truth. Also just give up your ring for one night. They are just babies who are now having a baby. IMHO.

Sometimes the truth hurts but you need to face it...clearly he hasn't. I have said it before and I will say it again I hope to never see them on TV again.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:58 pm

I didn't watch, but I saw that Catherine tweeted that she was blocking her 'h@ters' last night. I took that to mean another not-so-good edit. Bet they can't wait for the show to end so they can go back to pretending like it never happened at all. laugh out loud  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f649  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f648   Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f64a

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:05 pm

bleuberry wrote:I didn't watch, but I saw that Catherine tweeted that she was blocking her 'h@ters' last night. I took that to mean another not-so-good edit. Bet they can't wait for the show to end so they can go back to pretending like it never happened at all. laugh out loud  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f649  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f648  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f435

Her edit at the end was better than Sean's but neither was happy about getting called out by the judge and pouted about it.  Then they were upset they had to take off their rings one night so they can do the last drill that they do every season where they make a decision to stay together or break up.

Then they whined because they wanted the girls and boys to go out and have a fun night separately.  And because they do everything together they didn't want to go.  Honestly imho doing more things apart might be healthy for them.. Katherine did relax a lot that night....Sean not so much.  Really nothing made them happy this episode, from being called out to having to spend one night apart having fun with others they whined about it all.  It's not all edit of they hadn't acted this way their edit would have been much better. Sadly based on her tweet from last night it doesn't appear they get it yet. IMHO
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:58 pm

bleuberry wrote:I didn't watch, but I saw that Catherine tweeted that she was blocking her 'h@ters' last night. I took that to mean another not-so-good edit. Bet they can't wait for the show to end so they can go back to pretending like it never happened at all. laugh out loud  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f649  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f648   Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f64a
 I'm guessing the so-called "those who are not fans" were shocked to see Catherine in the party bus twerking on a stripper pole with Sundy on the other side. Then while Sundy was seated, Catherine was shown grinding all over her. Worst of all was Catherine up on top of Sarah's shoulders with her - ummm - pelvis pushed into Sarah's face. (Not my opinions - it was shown.)

Those were things I can't ever un-see.  It would be a bit of a stretch to blame this on edit.  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 27 1f648

FLChica
FLChica

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:14 am

Last night was another mic's off X 2 hiding in the bathroom/closet, yelling, arguments, name calling, freak out sessions.  But of course they were minor tiffs about nothing according to Sean. Rolling Eyes
Catherine freaked out at Sean over his response to the question of whether he would have sex with someone else for a billion dollars.  Cat said he would not even consider it because she was all about fidelity and love in their marriage.  Unfortunately for Sean....His answer was he would not do it for a billion dollars or any amount because he did not care about money and had enough already. (BS) He forgot to mention that his commitment and love for Catherine where a reason not too.  World War 1000 ensued.  Mic toss time. Redfacemad

On the girls night out after Catherine was hammered she was in freaky stripper mode with the other women.
Sean stayed safely in his goody two shoes mode with the guys.

On the lie detector questions Cat agreed that she would "try" to manage her anger, she passed with a yes. Sean was neither yes or no on if he was ready to have a baby in the next year, he was undetermined.  I guess Cat convinced him since she is pregnant now. :babies:

The edits are not contrived Sean and Cat gave them very obvious material to show. :angryemotion  :angryemotion

One thing that is certain is SeanCat did not do their carefully cultivated reputations any favors by doing this show.

I hope they learned some things about themselves and try to exact positive changes in their relationship before baby makes 3.

I'll bet they cannot wait until next week and the finale episode is done. laugh out loud laugh out loud
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:40 am

I have been reading all your notes and honestly it doesn't sound that bad. I do think both Sean and Cat from the sound of it come off immature and still have some growing up to do but I do think it comes with the territory.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:14 am

Good for Catherine for letting loose a bit. 

IMO these reality therapy/help shows aren't good for anyone. And most of the time they make the problems seem worse. I can't really blame SeanCat for taking their mics off and trying to keep their fights private. That's not what they signed up for, and TPBP want the fights front and centre, but I won't blame SeanCat not wanting that.  IMO the show heightened their issues, and irl they have a pretty happy marriage. They do have issues though, and in stressful situations they become more apparent. 

I doubt they'll get real help though. Sean needs a total attitude change, and Catherine needs help with her insecurities. I hope they'll stay off reality tv, but doubt it. If they'll find another show to go on, they'll sign up in an instant IMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Sean is 32 and Catherine will soon be 30. This ugly view of the real state of their marriage can't be written off to just a little immaturity. I also won't place the blame on mean old producers with microphones & cameras that record their actual conversations and actions. All of the couple wear mics all of the time - sorry, but it is what SeanCat signed up for. 

The conversation about having sex for money was enlightening. Ink repeated to Sean what Catherine said. 

Sean's response: "I'm happy with the amount of money we have. I don't need a billion. It would be like winning the lottery. I want to work for it. I don't want anyone to hand me the money. And I don't want to have sex for it."  Fight number one ensued when they went to hide in their bathroom:

Cat: "For probably the equivalent of 30 minutes I'm battling Benzino & Ink that my husband wouldn't do anything for that much money. That devalues me. It makes me seem like I'm an idiot for sticking up for you for so long."

Sean: "Great. Great. Because I didn't know if it was a serious question."

Cat:  "It doesn't matter if it was serious or not. You need to put me first and you didn't. It made me feel very devalued."

Sean: "And here's me taking my mic off. (Throws mic across room.) I can't take it anymore!" 

The lie detector test was very revealing as well. Cat wanted Sean's question to be, "Do you want to have kids in the next year?" Good to know since they were evidently attempting to conceive during the filming of this show. no no Sean answered yes, but with disclaimers.

Sean's verbatim answer:  "I want to have kids, but I also have doubts as to whether or not I'm ready to have them right now. The whole thing makes me nervous."

The Carrolls announced the couples would be going out for the evening, men in a group and women in a group. To prepare for the exercise the next day, those wearing wedding rings had to give them to Elsa. Cat initially refused saying "we're not going to do that", but they did. Sean tells Cat "I want to leave tonight. Screw tomorrow."

Cat: "Go be single? Really? A lot of factors in here that make me really uncomfortable. I'm inseparable with Sean so it is extremely tough knowing he's not going to have his ring on. Knowing he's going to be with the guys in a club scene where he normally wouldn't be. It's not o.k."

Obviously Catherine was able to fully embrace the night out with the girls. She looked nothing like a modest, demure, mom-to-be while she twerked on the stripper pole, lap danced on Sundy and eww...what she did with Sarah. 

I have a better understanding of why Sean tried so hard to make this just another money grab for them. I see why he suggested his "followers" not watch the show. Most of the above are verbatim quotes and actual things shown. Very little is IMHO.

FLChica
FLChica

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:Good for Catherine for letting loose a bit. 

IMO these reality therapy/help shows aren't good for anyone. And most of the time they make the problems seem worse. I can't really blame SeanCat for taking their mics off and trying to keep their fights private. That's not what they signed up for, and TPBP want the fights front and centre, but I won't blame SeanCat not wanting that.  IMO the show heightened their issues, and irl they have a pretty happy marriage. They do have issues though, and in stressful situations they become more apparent. 

I doubt they'll get real help though. Sean needs a total attitude change, and Catherine needs help with her insecurities. I hope they'll stay off reality tv, but doubt it. If they'll find another show to go on, they'll sign up in an instant IMO.

I agree that I don't think these shows help anyone and they get the help they need.

But I disagree that thus isntvwhatvthey signed up for. This is exactly what they signed up for and they knew it. This is not season one. Jeff and Jordan and Trista and Ryan (2 couples who have good dos imho) both did the show without hiding or having these attitudes. Both had plenty of discussions behind closed doors with their mics on and dud not feel the need to hide and throw them across the room. Nor did they whine about almost every task. This show is to allow the producers at east see their real issues so they can try to focus on those. To try to hide then get upset when you get called out on it is just immature imho.

I was neutral on SeanCat prior to this season and my opinion easily could have gotten better or made me dislike them. IMHO nothing to do with the edit as they gave them everything to work with Through their own actions multiple times )not one instance the producers tried to make appear more dramatic, etc). While I wish them the best in the future in life I do not like them and am glad to see TPTB appear to no longer see them as their golden couple either. I hope yo never see them on my TV again.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+35
vivi2
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
whit90
jlccaz