SELECT CONTENT

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Agree!  And it's not even that they just signed up for it like a Bachelor show - they were paid very well for it.  You want the money you have to do the job - in this case the job is participating on camera for whatever the show throws at you for a few weeks.  Sean claiming he wants to work for his money made me laugh pretty hard.  I feel like he's undermined completely the image he tried so hard to build for himself with the last 2 reality shows and that in fact he'll easily sell out his values for a lot of money that he didn't need to work for. That's exactly what they've done here and made themselves that much more unlikable in the process, harming their moneymaking "brand" of being the "perfect couple" JMO.

Back to top Go down

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by instinct Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:40 pm

relaxing wrote:Agree!  And it's not even that they just signed up for it like a Bachelor show - they were paid very well for it.  You want the money you have to do the job - in this case the job is participating on camera for whatever the show throws at you for a few weeks.  Sean claiming he wants to work for his money made me laugh pretty hard.  I feel like he's undermined completely the image he tried so hard to build for himself with the last 2 reality shows and that in fact he'll easily sell out his values for a lot of money that he didn't need to work for. That's exactly what they've done here and made themselves that much more unlikable in the process, harming their moneymaking "brand" of being the "perfect couple" JMO.

That's what I've been thinking too vis a vis Sean not wanting his fans to watch the show.  I believe that most of their appearances/speaking engagements these days are faith based, though I've no idea if they get paid for them.  And he's blogged before about how much he enjoys public speaking.  He knew this wouldn't end well and tried to get out in front of it, but I wonder if he knew about Cat's shenanigans with the girls.  I can only imagine what their families think about all this. no no
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:01 pm

Sean and Cat have no one to blame other than themselves.  The were shown just as they are.  The curtain pulled back ala the Wizard of Oz.  The image they portray/sell is not the RL selves that they are.  No amount of excuses, back pedaling, or blame will change what we have seen and heard with our own eyes and ears on MBC.

JMO based on real facts.
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:08 pm

I watch the Bachelor and Bachelorette with little or no real expectations for a happy ending.  And as a result, I don't keep up with what happens the these couples afterwards, unless I come to this site and see something written about them.  So, I am pretty neutral when it comes to Sean and Catherine, other than thinking that IMO they seem to love being on reality television a little too much for my taste.

From what I am reading here though, it sounds like these two both had unrealistic expectations when entering into the marriage, and perhaps neither of them truly thought that they had anything that they needed to work on, simply because they were too busy keeping up their perfect images - to the world and to each other.

I can attest to the fact that it is hard to be yourself if you are married to someone who continually makes you feel like you have to act or be a certain way in order to be "okay" in their eyes.  I know that I would hold things in until I would explode in anger, and it would usually be over something rather minor and not at all over one of the real issues that I was unable to address in the past, because my ex-husband didn't like any kind of confrontation, even if I approached him in a cool, calm manner.

My ex-husband would walk away, rather than talk things over too.  So, I don't think that Sean and Catherine are on the same page when it comes to communicating with one another, and sadly having a child is not going to make that any better.  Trust me, I know.

I think that both of them could benefit from individual counseling, and perhaps as a couple afterwards.  And I do think that they have exposed some huge cracks in their "perfect" marriage by going on this show.  So it is up to them now whether or not they choose to do something about it. They could actually learn some valuable lessons from this experience, even if they only did it for the money in the beginning.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm sure they think this is all editing, they're perfect, and all this was just for money and not "real" so nothing will ever change. The delusionals are always strong with these types, especially Sean. Jmo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:18 pm

I finally watched last week's episode.  I won't add to the other discussion except to comment on Cat's antics on the bus.  Every other word she's uttered has been "respect", as in Sean's lack thereof for her.  Where was her respect in that bus for Sean and any other family members watching this trainwreck?  I couldn't care less how she blows off steam with her girlfriends but in this case she was performing for the cameras and made a fool out of both of them IMO.  All because she's tired of being perceived as "prissy"?   Over the weeks my low opinion of Sean has remained the same but that of Cat has nose dived.  She seems like a pain in the butt and they're both hypocrites IMO.  

If I had to be trapped in an elevator with any of them, I'd choose Sarah, Benzino & Cedric!
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:45 pm

instinct wrote:I finally watched last week's episode.  I won't add to the other discussion except to comment on Cat's antics on the bus.  Every other word she's uttered has been "respect", as in Sean's lack thereof for her.  Where was her respect in that bus for Sean and any other family members watching this trainwreck?  I couldn't care less how she blows off steam with her girlfriends but in this case she was performing for the cameras and made a fool out of both of them IMO.  All because she's tired of being perceived as "prissy"?   Over the weeks my low opinion of Sean has remained the same but that of Cat has nose dived.  She seems like a pain in the butt and they're both hypocrites IMO.  

If I had to be trapped in an elevator with any of them, I'd choose Sarah, Benzino & Cedric!

This is my take away too. She's looking for a fight. She says Sean doesn't have her back, he devalues her, he lacks empathy, etc, but imo, she's showing more of those traits. She hasn't read his expressions or body language once. The guy is beyond mortified. Read his face and help him out Catherine.

He's walking on eggshells and just saying whatever it is he thinks she needs to hear in the moment. He can't win and looks slightly afraid of her at times.. like he's trying to adjust what he's saying based on her response before she blows. I don't think this is just happening because they are being filmed. I bet he is often trying to say the right thing to keep her from escalating nothing into something.

I keep waiting for him to roll his eyes in one of their ITMs, but so far he's remained straight faced which lordy.. I have to give him some credit there. laugh out loud Sean has his issues, but man is she a pain to deal with. jmo.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:25 pm

instinct wrote:
relaxing wrote:Agree!  And it's not even that they just signed up for it like a Bachelor show - they were paid very well for it.  You want the money you have to do the job - in this case the job is participating on camera for whatever the show throws at you for a few weeks.  Sean claiming he wants to work for his money made me laugh pretty hard.  I feel like he's undermined completely the image he tried so hard to build for himself with the last 2 reality shows and that in fact he'll easily sell out his values for a lot of money that he didn't need to work for. That's exactly what they've done here and made themselves that much more unlikable in the process, harming their moneymaking "brand" of being the "perfect couple" JMO.

That's what I've been thinking too vis a vis Sean not wanting his fans to watch the show.  I believe that most of their appearances/speaking engagements these days are faith based, though I've no idea if they get paid for them.  And he's blogged before about how much he enjoys public speaking.  He knew this wouldn't end well and tried to get out in front of it, but I wonder if he knew about Cat's shenanigans with the girls.  I can only imagine what their families think about all this. no no
I watched the recorded show with friends that laughed hysterically at Sean's claim of wanting to "work" for his money. We all want to know when he is going to start.   

I'd think there was discussion among the couples about who did what with who, so surely Sean knew how his Cat was playing while the mouse was away.  Sean has worked hard to erase the visions of Cat from his "followers" memories by posting pics her modestly dressed shilling her greeting cards, napping with their dog, etc. no no

Sean works hard to prove he's now ready to be a dad after stating he isn't sure he's ready and has doubts about becoming a dad. Sonograms pics of Cat on SM prove he's ready, right? no no

I do feel badly for the Lowes as they seem to be lovely people. All IMHO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+35
vivi2
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
whit90
jlccaz