SELECT CONTENT

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by cupcakes Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:20 am

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers Ashley11

heartbeat
cupcakes
cupcakes

Female Posts : 3568

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Archer23 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 am

Still smiling after watching the proposal again. The smile JP gave Ashley when he first saw her was brighter than the sun.

*sigh* Adorable.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:50 am

I am so annoyed that they spliced in a VO into JP's proposal speech. The "I'm still afraid" was from the FD VO and it didn't even sound remotely the same. Seems like a cheap shot to splice the speech at the very end. Why bother trying to fool us at that late point? I mean, he's like 30 seconds away from proposing!

Last edited by JBanana on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:51 am

JBanana wrote:I am so annoyed that they spliced in a VO into JP's proposal speech. The "I'm still afraid" was from the FD VO and it didn't even sound remotely the same. Seems like a cheap shot to splice the speech at the very end. Why are they trying to fool us at this late point? I mean, he's like 30 seconds away from proposing!

Yeah, that was dumb!
I just start at the part with smile wrinkles, etc. and watch from there. :giggle:
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:02 am

Just got home...missed it all!! Can anyone point me in the direction of a clip of the last few minutes of the show?

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcakes Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 am

sweetpea wrote:Just got home...missed it all!! Can anyone point me in the direction of a clip of the last few minutes of the show?

http://www.etonline.com/tv/113007_Bachelorette_Ashley_s_No_Longer_a_Single_Lady_JP_Put_A_Ring_On_It/index.html

heartbeat
cupcakes
cupcakes

Female Posts : 3568

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:16 am

Thanks Cupcakes! Gosh, Ben was upset. Yikes. I felt badly for both of them.
JP is truly a gorgeous man. Yowza. I hope they make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:48 am

Does anyone have a download link for the episode?? TIA

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

I think my impression of Chrystie actually improved a bit because I understand her thinking more, although I don't agree with it and still think she is too impressed with herself and how smart she is (when her instincts and judgment aren't all that exceptional to start with). It seems she felt it was her job to protect Ashley from falling victim to the same Bachelor Bubble that caused her to mistakenly think she was in love with Brad last season. Ash also apparently told her family about the Bentley situation, so big sis was convinced that she needed to be the objective and rational one, since little sis' gut couldn't be trusted. Unfortunately, since she doesn't see Ashley as an adult, but as a bubbly carefree kid, the more mature, sedate (and nervous) Ashley she observed with JP was immediately judged as "wrong", whereas her juvenile behavior with Ben was "right". (And of course, she was so convinced she was correct that she never even gave JP a real chance to defend himself.) I don't doubt that Chrystie may have even pulled Ben aside and told him he for sure was "the one" and that Ashley was, in her opinion, in love with him, thus unintentionally putting Ben on the road to overconfidence and ultimate heartbreak. And Chrystie also put enough "doubt" in Ashley's head (combined with the bit of a stand off she had with JP after his MTP and their untimely separation for a few days after), that I think Ash really tried on her LCD with Ben to find any sort of passion with him to compare with JP, which led her to ramp up the kissing a little to no avail, I suspect. However, Ben then took this as further proof that she must now be in love with him. And thus, confidence becomes overconfidence, which clearly led him to "jump the gun" on the proposal, and totally ignore her body language, awkward silence and "sad face" (the same one we analyzed for weeks here!) when he first got to the podium.

I felt that Ben was more shocked than angry when he got turned down. He did wish her luck with JP, obviously it wasn't heartfelt, but at least he tried to be a little gracious. His cluelessness about how JP was the "safer choice" when the reverse was true was I guess just some attempt at rationalization, but I'll give him a break because making the poor guy leave in a dinghy couldn't have made it any less humiliating. And does anyone still think after seeing that producer decision that this wasn't all set up and orchestrated by them for maximum humiliation?

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah, I don't think people in Ben's age group handle rejection the same...I mean, I don't get why he still doesn't get it.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by BachfanNY Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:58 am

JBanana wrote:I am so annoyed that they spliced in a VO into JP's proposal speech. The "I'm still afraid" was from the FD VO and it didn't even sound remotely the same. Seems like a cheap shot to splice the speech at the very end. Why bother trying to fool us at that late point? I mean, he's like 30 seconds away from proposing!

omg, your avatar is making me cry again.laugh out loud
I promised myself I would keep it together in front of the hubby last night but when she kissed him and his eyes so effortlessly shut on him (man down!) I lost it.
I was crying like a baby. :tissuebox

Only a man in love reacts that way.

And when they showed his CK boxers (when he was getting ready to get the ring)...uh, I'm getting the vapors again :fanningfan
BachfanNY
BachfanNY

Female Posts : 1726

Back to top Go down

Post by BachfanNY Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:09 am

Is it just me, or was Ben completely clueless? Poor guy!

Ashley was clearly not happy when she started to speak...she looked like she was about to cry...I thought I was watching a romantic comedy where the "overconfident about to get dumped guy" doesn't get it.

I felt so bad for him- and i can't blame Ashley for not knowing how to handle after he cut her off.
BachfanNY
BachfanNY

Female Posts : 1726

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

+36
Nibbles22
northernviewer
albean99
Lucas15
bluwavz