SELECT CONTENT

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by JBF Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 pm

moonchild wrote:
ironcat wrote:Alanna, you said almost everything I was going to say!!! Just want to add that of all the guys, only Bentley and JP "got" Ashley, in that they were the only ones who pursued her, rather than taking a "wait and see, and in the meantime I'll bond with my bros in the house" attitude. (Well, Ryan tried as well, but as smooth as Bentley and JP are in "wooing" a woman, that's how awkward poor Ryan is; I guess that's why he needed to read some books first, although they didn't help!). Bentley and JP also offered her the physical affection that she needs and wants when she likes a guy, the others were too reserved or standoffish.

The only reason that Bentley may have had a slight edge on JP during the first week of filming was because while he had been on two group dates with her (with individual time on both of them), during that same period, JP had been stuck in the house, and had gotten very little time with her, due to an unlucky coin toss. Even had Bentley stayed longer, once JP got his solo date, he would have easily taken the lead from Bentley. One was the real thing, one was faking it; I think seeing the two efforts side by side, it would have been easy for Ashley to tell the difference.

eta Of course she was never "in love" with Bentley after a week, but she was infatuated with "who she thought he was". And I believe she was devastated after he told her he was leaving, partly due to him, and partly due to the roast the day before, when William, who she thought liked her, disappointed her, Ryan who she thought she liked, turned her off with his kissing, and she probably started wondering how badly off her picker was, and thinking that maybe deciding to be the Bachelorette was a big mistake.

Ironcat, I agree with so much of what you and Alanna say here, but.......I do think that she was infatuated with Bentley at first. I think "fell for" is a little too strong. TPTB blew it all out of proportion, but we all know that Ashley is not an actress, nor is she good at reading people. JP was definitely on her radar from the M&G. I think she found it easy to flirt with him and talk to him, but she definitely had a problem throughout the whole season in playing the field with a lot of guys at the same time. Bentley probably was cast as the villain, but they certainly threw him under the bus, didn't they? I believe Bentley leaving wasn't the only contributor to her total meltdown. It was that it came on the heels of the roast date and hearing a guy that she thought cared about her say all of those hurtful things about her. It was no coincidence that JP had those two 1:1 dates after Bentley incidents. JP gave her just what she needed, someone that was a good listener that she could confide in, someone that was understanding and let her just be herself, but at the same time made her feel desirable. She did feel the need for closure with Bentley, although I don't think she expected to see him, but rather just wanted to talk to him. After all, his reason for leaving in the first place was that he missed his daughter, so why would anyone expect him to fly half way around the world to have a short conversation with him. The first question I would have asked him is about that. If you left me and whatever we could have had together because you missed your daughter, then aren't you missing her now? Why would you leave her again? If that was all for the show, she wouldn't have felt the need for the big confessional with JP and later with the remaining guys. By the time that conversation took place, she was pretty much over the thought him and had moved on. Once she knew that she no longer felt anything for Bentley, she was able to move on fully with JP. You could see a difference in her demeanor once she told him about Bentley and he was accepting. Although, they did have a much longer discussion about Bentley that we didn't see. After the discussion with JP about Bentley, then it was like the old horse heading for the barn. All she saw was the finale, a ring and a twirl with JP. I do think that Ryan was to be F2, setting him up for TB, but she couldn't deal with his pushing the physical side of the relationship. Constantine was a totally asexual relationship, Ames didn't push anything and Ben was a "friend" to her and never moved into the passion zone. I did think it was interesting in the conversation that she had with Ben on the Orphanage date, when he was asking her why she was showing sudden interest in him and she replied "because I like you now.....just kidding". Don't know what that was all about.

Fleiss guards the TRUE STORY OF BENTLEY like Richard Nixon did THE TAPES. I'm guessing that Bentley was both played... and paid. Every time his name was mentioned in an episode or he appeared in a recap, I suspect some "compensation" was done per his contract. Harrison insists that he wanted to interview Bentley at Men Tell All... uh... OK... whatever.

I agree that her interest in him was mostly physical attraction and, yes, her behavior with him was quite "questionable" when her emotional state was highly unstable, post-roast. She needed to discuss him with JP in Hong Kong to get over the guilt. For his part, JP did state twice in interviews (including PEOPLE) that he was upset initially watching her with Bentley, but she kept the communication going with him about "show misunderstandings" (a term with multiple meanings THEY would know better than us).

Oh, Bentley was certainly a "frontrunner". I just don't think he was more of one than JP, Willie or Ryan... or even Ben. Her attraction to him increased after the comedy roast, when he provided comfort, but she still gave Ryan the group rose.

Now, William received a very public 1 on 1 in which he got photographed by fans, which suggests to me that production pegged him for Final 2 or 3 dumpee status (as she would have hinted to them early on). Final Ones never get THAT public of a date and JP's were VERY private in contrast. No leaked photos came from his two group dates, but there were leaks to the Las Vegas dance date and Hong Kong's dragon race (not that these could be avoided). Fleiss made sure JP was carefully hidden from spoilers until May, unlike the other guys... and HE also personally supervised the editing of episode #3 per a tweet message. (Oh, JP was special all right!)

Did SHE want a 1 on 1 date with Bentley but production denied her? I kinda doubt it, but who knows for certain? Her actual ITMs from the comedy roast are the only ones we can consider for Bentley analysis. The rest, suggesting Bentley as The Future Husband and her eagerness to move to Salt Lake City are either voice-overs or PIs done later.

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 Bentleypi

This PI about Bentley was definitely post-Taipei, since she discusses Lucas and JP's planned wedding outfits with the same perm and background, but different outfit. Oh, the joys of PI identification!

Another PI set-up used for episode #3 (before Bentley tells Jeff he's leaving) features the same backdrop (but slight color change on ONE wall) as Mickey, Ryan and JP's done in Hong Kong post dragon race date and pre-group cocktail in hotel and JP date.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Love_Me Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:05 pm

Didn't MF tweet about editing episode 3 right before the season started?
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Love_Me wrote:Didn't MF tweet about editing episode 3 right before the season started?

I read something here about it, but don't know.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Do they film that right after the finale or little after while episodes are showing?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:10 pm

atem wrote:
Love_Me wrote:Didn't MF tweet about editing episode 3 right before the season started?

Yep. On May 3rd.

fleissmeister Mike Fleiss
Working on bachelorette episode 3 today... Killer!!!!!! We got a villain this season that u won't believe...
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:37 pm

bluwavz wrote:
atem wrote:

Yep. On May 3rd.

Working on bachelorette episode 3 today... Killer!!!!!! We got a villain this season that u won't believe...

After watching Ep. 3, I felt that Fleiss personally edited it not because of JP but because of Bentley. He wanted to make sure that Bentley came across as badly as possible, and he was willing to attend to it himself to make sure it happened.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:06 pm

bluwavz wrote:
atem wrote:

Yep. On May 3rd.

Ugh...I really don't like that man.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

+36
Nibbles22
northernviewer
albean99
Lucas15
bluwavz