SELECT CONTENT

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by ironcat Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 am

BachfanNY wrote:Is it just me, or was Ben completely clueless? Poor guy!

Ashley was clearly not happy when she started to speak...she looked like she was about to cry...I thought I was watching a romantic comedy where the "overconfident about to get dumped guy" doesn't get it.

I felt so bad for him- and i can't blame Ashley for not knowing how to handle after he cut her off.

I also suspect Ben is far less experienced with relationships than he perhaps comes across, or he might have been more able to pick up clues in Ashley's behavior. I think he said he's never been in love before, so I imagine the overwhelming and unfamiliar feelings he was having, especially after having been so emotionally closed prior, blinded him from looking past his own euphoria and even considering what Ashley was possibly going through. The total opposite of the much more experienced JP, who couldn't stop thinking about it.

Poor guy was just too naive to be in the position he was in.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by beader Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am

atem wrote:Yeah, I don't think people in Ben's age group handle rejection the same...I mean, I don't get why he still doesn't get it.

Good point, Atem. I think many of them haven't learned "It's not all about me." I remember Ben saying (can't remember where) that he didn't watch the show. If he'd watched the show with an open mind, I believe he would totally "get it" as to why she chose JP. It had nothing to do with Ben, and everything to do with JP and Ashley and their "it" factor. I hope he decides to watch the show, with an open mind to learning. He is just starting to come out of his shell, but now he needs to look past himself and start focusing on others. Hopefully he has started this process with his own mom--really talking to her, understanding, and learning to be there for her. The show opened the door; now it's up to him to continue. I wish him the best in his "journey" into manhood and hope he'll someday find the "it" factor with a wonderful woman.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:21 am

I dont think ben watch the show before he came on it, his sister send in the application for him. If he did not watch it after the way things happen who are we to critize him for not doing so. Life is too short to dwell on the negative, it is just a show, it is in the pass leave it in the pass. So I say good for him and seeing as he is not giving interviews dont know if he will I hope he is happy and will find someone some day who will love him as he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 am

atem wrote:Yeah, I don't think people in Ben's age group handle rejection the same...I mean, I don't get why he still doesn't get it.
Chris H. even said it was obvious to everyone that JP was the one, and alluded to the jammie date as being like no other couple on the show with their chemistry, etc.

Last edited by Gina on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 am

reason wrote:I dont think ben watch the show before he came on it, his sister send in the application for him. If he did not watch it after the way things happen who are we to critize him for not doing so. Life is too short to dwell on the negative, it is just a show, it is in the pass leave it in the pass. So I say good for him and seeing as he is not giving interviews dont know if he will I hope he is happy and will find someone some day who will love him as he is.

Someone tweeted Ryan Park and asked him if he was going to be the Bachelor, Ryan said not. Ben may well be the next Bachelor and will only be available for interviews once it has been announced.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 am

NotthatAdamWest West Lee
@ashhebert Congrats to you and JP! Very happy for you both! Smiley Tell him I knew from the beginning that shaved head would be tough to beat...
22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 am

chaslom4 wrote:
NotthatAdamWest West Lee
@ashhebert Congrats to you and JP! Very happy for you both! Smiley Tell him I knew from the beginning that shaved head would be tough to beat...
They all saw it, I guess except Ben :shock:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 am

If I remember correctly ben was not on any dates with JP so how would he see it?

Back to top Go down

Post by vivalameagx3 Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:30 am

chaslom4 wrote:
NotthatAdamWest West Lee

West's tweets are so funny! They should have showcased more the the guys' interactions.
vivalameagx3
vivalameagx3

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoil Me Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:31 am

Love-Me, San or cupcakes - are you able to put the last interview with Ash and JP (just after the proposal) on Youtube?

It was shown right at the end of the AFR - after the preview for BP2, the two of them were talking about the "journey" and JP said: "We've been to HK, Taiwan, Thailand, Roslyn and now Fiji - where to next?"
Ashley replies: "My bed!
J.P. looks at the camera and says: "Bye"

It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!

Please.....
Spoil Me
Spoil Me

Female Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:32 am

reason wrote:If I remember correctly ben was not on any dates with JP so how would he see it?

CH said in his blog that both on and off camera their love for one another was so obvious. None of the other guys were on their dates either. I'm sure Ben must have seen them interact at times when the camera's weren't rolling. JMO
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:34 am

reason wrote:If I remember correctly ben was not on any dates with JP so how would he see it?
Chris H said they were in love on and off camera, so whenever they were together basically, at the cocktail parties, etc. etc. She was always after JP and he after her. Just like the guys saw it with Ali and Roberto, mostly the off camera stuff.

OMG, Chaslom. just saw your post, almost identical to mine. giggling 👋

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Spoilers

+36
Nibbles22
northernviewer
albean99
Lucas15
bluwavz