SELECT CONTENT

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 10 of 54 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 32 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 10 Empty Re: Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:17 am

sosleepy wrote:She's not the first, and surely won't be the last single mom or dad leaving their kids to go on this show. Many others, just like her, did it more than once too. Heck, she's not even the first single parent to get engaged on this thing! Let's go ask Ricki and Ty what the lasting affects have been! laugh out loud
Oh, don't get me wrong, the others don't get a free pass either. With Ricki, that was just bad on Emily's part both times. At least with Ty, his father married Molly! IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 10 Empty Re: Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Mustang19 Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:20 am

Beach Lover wrote:To her defense, it's not at all easy being a single mom & dating.  And it seems like she is a very caring, doting mom to those girls and is with them all the time. I think it's ok for her to do some things to make herself happy too (even her mom said that to her on the Ben HTD).  

I agree. I was divorced when my kids were 9 and 14, and haven't really dated much since then. They are now 24 and 29. My oldest has three kids, so I was a single mom and now a single grandma (if there is such a thing giggling ) I see it from both sides. In her defense, how do you date without someone watching the kids (unless they are with their dad, mine were with me 24/7). On the other hand, relying on grandparents is hard too. I watched my three grandkids ages 1, 2 and 7 for five days/nights recently, by myself. It is exhausting. As much as I adore them, if my son said he was leaving for six weeks or even three weeks, and wanted me to watch them, I don't know if I could do it alone. Amanda does seem to be a good mom, and maybe it's easier on the kids when they are that little, IDK. She seems to have the support of her family too. I hope it works out for them.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:22 am

Alanna wrote:I don't care what she does, just my mind is blown that someone else will watch two very young kids for months at a time while their mom goes to "live her own life." It's like a different language to me laugh out loud
Same. Almost 2 months is a really long time. I don't understand how any parent would do that. Especially a mother who raises her kids and is with them on a daily basis. With the dad, they only see the kids on the weekends/every other weekend, then not as big of a deal or even worse, the dad isn't even in the kids life.. then it's not as emotionally effective on either the parent or the kid. Well, unless the role is reversed and it's a single dad that raises his kid (s), but that's usually not the case with this show. Idk. I just don't agree with it. Like I said, there's other ways for these single parents to "life their live" than to leave their kids for almost 2 months with no guarantee that they'll even get picked as f1. It's a shot in the dark. One that I wouldn't take..

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:37 am

Btw, even if it doesn't seem like it, because I'm judging her hard for this (though I do with all of them), I DO like Amanda. She's obviously a kind, compassionate, person. Nothing can and will take that away. So for her sake, I hope she gets what she wants/expects out of all this and that her cutie pies continue to grow to be heathy and happy Smiley

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:44 am

I got the impression Amanda's parents were heavily involved in helping her/them raise her children? And according to Nick2, he was with them throughout BIP. He's their dad, he's not dead. He's (presumably) just as responsible for them. The kids weren't abandoned.

I wouldn't personally leave my kids that long, but I have a VERY over eager MIL. (Not quite Mama Murray level, borderline. laugh out loud) She would JUMP at the chance to take my kids for a few weeks if I let her (I wouldn't let her.)
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:48 am

sosleepy wrote:I got the impression Amanda's parents were heavily involved in helping her/them raise her children? And according to Nick2, he was with them throughout BIP. He's their dad, he's not dead. He's (presumably) just as responsible for them. The kids weren't abandoned.

I wouldn't personally leave my kids that long, but I have a VERY over eager MIL. (Not quite Mama Murray level, borderline. laugh out loud) She would JUMP at the chance to take my kids for a few weeks if I let her (I wouldn't let her.)
Yeah, like I said, 3 weeks is stretching it..but no big deal. Almost 2 months is cray though.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:48 am

All I know is I am exhausted from watching my daughter's dog for the last month. And I will be doing this until Sept.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:18 am

Right, I just don't understand this dynamic at all personally. Re @kashathediva grandpoodle Lester (ahhhhdorable!), I haven't been a been able to get a dog for that very reason. My folks will not watch any pup for any extended period of time and I don't want to foist that responsibility on them myself either. 

That Amanda expects her parents to watch two babies, one in diapers, so she can enjoy her life basically is amazing to me. How many peeps need "entitled" defined to them on this show?? Jmo, folks, hold your tomatoes por favor!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:26 am

I'm posting here so I don't forget later re-my thoughts--on my way out at 930 to join baby/babysit at pool club. @alanna
If you see a turquoise whale floating by with a boisterous 2 yr old, it's me. Please wave and throw me some Xanax. I'm not picky regarding dosage.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:51 am

We just cat-sat for our son for a week and that was hard (night meowing especially). Can't imagine having grandkids for an extended period of time even with the dad involved. I will say I don't love it when single parents come on the show and cry about how hard it is. It's her life & her kids so won't criticize her but she'd better not complain on BIP. Rolling Eyes

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:03 am

I am babysitting for my grandson for the next 6 weeks (work days only - their parents are back on weekends) and I LOVE it. I totally understand why Amanda's parents might love that time to bond with their granddaughters. (JMO) My children don't expect it at all, I ask for the privilege of spending extended time with my grandsons.

eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:10 am

Got to say that my parents would do exactly the same thing for me. Not sure if I would for my kids but my husband would so by association I would too. That is if I allowed my kids on national TV knowing what I know. Not happening.

Amanda's parents would have got a break with xNick tasking over I would imagine from time to time. So it's not all bad, for them.

I don't think what amanda has done is right, both times. But on a very superficial level Im glad since I get to watch Monday's, a second time. She was the only one I fangirled on the last season so I'm set for this summer too.

Yay!
IMO.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 54 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 32 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+77
BlackHalo
siena
pavalygurl
MiaHawk
nan27