SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by StacyNor Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:39 am

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
StacyNor wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:^ I like to put "IMO" after every paragraph. That way it's known the whole thing is JUST my opinion.

I just think that, Ben has squirmed and stuttered in EVERY interview that mentioned the fantasy suites during and post bachelor finale airing. That doesn't happen if you don't have a guilty conscious. Especially if the interviewers ask about going all the way with all of them (which was asked in at least two radio interviews.) IMO.

Caila's whole goodbye speech, was a dead giveaway IMO.

It would seem logical for someone to sleep with the people they claim to "love" (Lauren/Jojo) IMO.

Ben said on his LCD with JoJo that the intimacy was there (or something along those lines), which "intimacy" is usually just code word for sex IMO.

The US Weekly article said he DID sleep with all 3 girls, and they were essentially shocked because they thought that since he was such a Christian, he would only go through with it, if it meant something. (And yes, US is just a tabloid, but it's been a show mouthpiece for several Bach/ette seasons) IMO.

The sexual and physical chemistry was apparent the morning after on all 3 dates. They all had morning after glow IMO.

^ Reasons as to why I believe that he slept with all of them. IMO.

Wow. I can't believe im even talking about this. I've reached a new low laugh out loud It's all in the past, so like I said, it's moot anyway. IMO.
no no I don't want to bring other couples, but one of the biggest reason I will always be a Catherine and Sean fan and have so much respect for Sean. That at the end of the day that Sean chose to wait for Catherine, that she knows that when he chose her, it was because of love and didn't tarnish or disrespect that love by sleeping with other women. The moment he fell in love with her, she was the only woman for him in every way possible.

Anyways, my biggest issue about this whole reality show is what is their core story-line? What will make people want to actually watch this week in, week out and be entertained. We know they are planning a wedding, but that is blur, they will be living their lives but as I said before Lauren and Ben are just too boring for me to even make this show successful. I don't think they are even the most popular couple to fans in recent years, in most part are just there. I am still mind-boggled why they gave these two a show.. People want to be entertained, these two for me lack chemistry or even the wit to make it a success. Of course this is all my opinion.
I'm not gonna really dwelve into other couples either. Mostly because I think Sean's case was a literal one time situation for this franchise. The first and the only. IMO.

Ben says he was approached with the show right after the bachelor, so I think it had more to do with just wanting another filler bachelor show, than who was going to lead it IMO. The opportunity came about for the franchise, and it was around the time Ben's season had wrapped. I think Ben and Lauren are the most non offensive couple in the franchise. They're the idealistic couple you see in family movies. Like someone has mentioned on this forum before, Ben and Lauren are the vanilla flavor ice cream of all the numerous ice cream flavors. Simple, dependable, classic. IMO.

Ps: I'm more of a birthday cake/cake batter ice cream type of gal :gotcha:
That is my point tho. In a perfect world, Ben and Lauren will be perfect, but we don't live in a perfect world. At the end of the day, we want to be entertained, we want to have a reason to tune in week in and week out to watch a show. A reason of having 30 mins or an hour to forget our problems and enjoy a show. I know my mom watches Days Of Our Lives to watch Stefano cause terror to Salem people, she watches to see Nicole and Sami fight for a man, in that hour she is highly entertained and she is as family oriented and Christian as they come. What is the reason watching two people, who are dull, and do normal things that I am doing? It is not riveting TV and to be fair most of us want riveting shows that entertain us. Most of us like Vanilla, but we don't go out and get excited while eating it. We don't eat it every week and might eat it once a month and actually go out there and eat food that excite us. IMO.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:35 am

bluwavz wrote:Haha it took me a minute to realize when you said JoJo and Jordan were Belle and the Beast in looks that you meant the Beast in his human form. I was like damn you really think he's that awful looking? laugh out loud Interesting comparisons for both couples though. I'm looking up pics and man Ben really does look like Prince Charming. laugh out loud laugh out loud
Hehe. Yeah, I meant in human form laugh out loud Ben seriously looks like Prince Charming IMO. It's quite interesting how many similarities I see between both couples and the couple's/storylines in the Disney films. It's essentially the perfect comparison IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:42 am

StacyNor wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
StacyNor wrote:
no no I don't want to bring other couples, but one of the biggest reason I will always be a Catherine and Sean fan and have so much respect for Sean. That at the end of the day that Sean chose to wait for Catherine, that she knows that when he chose her, it was because of love and didn't tarnish or disrespect that love by sleeping with other women. The moment he fell in love with her, she was the only woman for him in every way possible.

Anyways, my biggest issue about this whole reality show is what is their core story-line? What will make people want to actually watch this week in, week out and be entertained. We know they are planning a wedding, but that is blur, they will be living their lives but as I said before Lauren and Ben are just too boring for me to even make this show successful. I don't think they are even the most popular couple to fans in recent years, in most part are just there. I am still mind-boggled why they gave these two a show.. People want to be entertained, these two for me lack chemistry or even the wit to make it a success. Of course this is all my opinion.
I'm not gonna really dwelve into other couples either. Mostly because I think Sean's case was a literal one time situation for this franchise. The first and the only. IMO.

Ben says he was approached with the show right after the bachelor, so I think it had more to do with just wanting another filler bachelor show, than who was going to lead it IMO. The opportunity came about for the franchise, and it was around the time Ben's season had wrapped. I think Ben and Lauren are the most non offensive couple in the franchise. They're the idealistic couple you see in family movies. Like someone has mentioned on this forum before, Ben and Lauren are the vanilla flavor ice cream of all the numerous ice cream flavors. Simple, dependable, classic. IMO.

Ps: I'm more of a birthday cake/cake batter ice cream type of gal :gotcha:
That is my point tho. In a perfect world, Ben and Lauren will be perfect, but we don't live in a perfect world. At the end of the day, we want to be entertained, we want to have a reason to tune in week in and week out to watch a show. A reason of having 30 mins or an hour to forget our problems and enjoy a show. I know my mom watches Days Of Our Lives to watch Stefano cause terror to Salem people, she watches to see Nicole and Sami fight for a man, in that hour she is highly entertained and she is as family oriented and Christian as they come. What is the reason watching two people, who are dull, and do normal things that I am doing? It is not riveting TV and to be fair most of us want riveting shows that entertain us. Most of us like Vanilla, but we don't go out and get excited while eating it. We don't eat it every week and might eat it once a month and actually go out there and eat food that excite us. IMO.
I get it, but because they ARE the most inoffensive idealistic couple, the franchise ends up looking sane for once laugh out loud IMO.

And yeah, I think everyone likes vanilla, but the majority of the time, that's not everyone's favorite ice cream. Vanilla is usually the "rebound/fourth option", if the ice cream shop doesn't have someone's two/three fave ice creams, because every ice cream shop always carries vanilla. It's the safety net, essentially. Vanilla is also very simple, not much flavor, no extra flavors, no color. It's classic. Everything is JMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:58 am

I don't like vanilla ice cream unless it's covered in toppings. I prefer Ben and Lauren, however, to every other current couple of the Bachelor franchise. Hmmmm... I'm glad Ben and Lauren got the gig over the others. That's me though.

Cinderella the story is meh to me. Beauty and the Beast? Heck yes! However I love Ben and Lauren and am pretty indifferent to JoJo and Jordan. Double hmmmmm... laugh out loud laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:10 am

sosleepy wrote:I don't like vanilla ice cream unless it's covered in toppings.  I prefer Ben and Lauren, however, to every other current couple of the Bachelor franchise. Hmmmm... I'm glad Ben and Lauren got the gig over the others. That's me though.

Cinderella the story is meh to me. Beauty and the Beast? Heck yes! However I love Ben and Lauren and am pretty indifferent to JoJo and Jordan. Double hmmmmm... laugh out loud laugh out loud
I like Vanilla when it's covered in fudge, sprinkles, and whip cream. I WILL eat it plain though, but it's not my fav. I prefer cake batter, birthday cake, chocolate, strawberry, mint chip and so many other over vanilla.

I've always LOVED Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. I used to switch back and forth between those two as my favs. I just think Ben and Lauren match Cinderella and Prince Charming (in looks, critisism) perfectly. And JoJo/Jordan match Belle and the Beast (in looks, storyline) perfectly. I've thought about this a lot, while bored, as embarrassing as that is. I've got all the why's and how's bullet pointed laugh out loud All JMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:00 pm

IMO watching tv for escapism means different things for different people. Not everyone wants to escape from the real world by watching OTT drama, fights and breakups, soap opera twists and turns, etc. Its fine to be riveted and entertained by those things but not everyone is and not everyone wants to watch that genre of television all the time. Sometimes its nice to see two people who seem to genuinely care about each other and are affectionate and sweet towards one another. That's what Ben and Lauren are for me and I appreciate it may not be everyone's preferred cup of tea but I enjoy their brand of gentle sweetness in a real world that's already pretty crazy
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:07 pm

I find the crazier things get, the more calm tv I enjoy. Some of my favorite shows are still Little House, The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:21 pm

lightredemption wrote:IMO watching tv for escapism means different things for different people. Not everyone wants to escape from the real world by watching OTT drama, fights and breakups, soap opera twists and turns, etc. Its fine to be riveted and entertained by those things but not everyone is and not everyone wants to watch that genre of television all the time. Sometimes its nice to see two people who seem to genuinely care about each other and are affectionate and sweet towards one another. That's what Ben and Lauren are for me and I appreciate it may not be everyone's preferred cup of tea but I enjoy their brand of gentle sweetness in a real world that's already pretty crazy

I totally agree with you. I rewatch their utube pieces and it suits me fine I have all kinds of channels on my T.V. But not much is my cup of T.V. Unless the Blue Jays are on. Like someone said, they are always pleasant and so attractive and easy to look at.
Junequilts
Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:54 pm

I think I'd be more interested in their show if others before them hadn't turned down their own show. Who knows, maybe it would have been more about them instead of an endless string of guest stars.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:44 pm

Here's a review of the first episode:

http://www.journalgazette.net/entertainment/tv/-Ben-and-Lauren--is-no-fairy-tale-15534442

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:59 pm

I feel like I could've written that review and I haven't even seen the episode nor do I follow them. Lol

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:01 pm

My God.. So harsh. According to this guy, Lauren talking about a toilet and buying one is the best part of the episode laugh out loud

"For the record, Bushnell wasn’t waxing poetical about her guy. She was talking about buying a toilet, which might be the most interesting thing that happens in the first episode of the series."
http://www.journalgazette.net/entertainment/tv/-Ben-and-Lauren--is-no-fairy-tale-15534442

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq