SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by stuckinsc Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:05 am

I will say, I do think Richie's mom had a very valid point. While it is true that Alex's son has a dad dating a mom is different and that difference would not be noticeable while she was on a 24/7 show taping. Children should be a parent's number one priority and when it is your child too it is shared. I do wonder if Richie's mom was concerned that Richie needed to be the sole focus. They will learn together and hopefully it will be fine, but I do agree that Alex and Richie glossed over her being a parent a little as they fell into their feelings for each other. 

It will work or it won't, but they definitely didn't seem realistic about her being a parent not being an issue. JMO.

I am happy for them and hope they work out? 

Do we have to wait a year for Nikki to possibly be the bachelorette or is there a chance they can film another bachelorette before a bachelor season? They had many bachelor seasons here in the US without a bachelorette, so maybe, probably my wishful thinking wanting to get to see Nikki's happy ending.

I do think Richie might have let Nikki go at F3 if Olena hadn't pushed against him so hard. It reminds me of Brad's second season on the US version. Ashley basically gave up on Brad during their FD, no FS or anything. He had to let her go. Many felt Chantal would have left at F3 instead had Ashley just had a "normal" date.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by lightredemption Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:07 am

robinvi wrote:
lightredemption wrote:How do people think the editing could have changed to showcase the Alex/Richie love story better? Should they have demonised Nikki or tried to make her look bad at times?

I dont think thats true. They could have shown less of Alex crying. Show more sweet moments and less jealousy. More interaction on group dates. Showed more of the conversations about prepping for being a dad. Oh yes and not have him talk about how he is not ready to settle down and wanting to travel with his lady so much. All that directed us to someone without a kid. That being said, Alex talks about how much her family is involved. So she will probs utilize them when Richie and her get offered free trips and stuff.

IMO

But both Alex and Richie have said that he isn't there to be a 'dad' - I think I'd agree with the comments about production if they hadn't shown sweet, chemistry-laden moments between Alex and Richie but they did. They shouldn't have to cut out Alex being jealous and crying just to make the story more palatable - that's the person Richie picked. Some people's love stories just aren't as romantic as others IMO
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:07 am

Sundy wrote:Production don't really care about the outcome IMO. Their job is to keep you watching so you watch the ads that are on in the breaks. That's how they make their money. They just hook you in sufficiently so that you now go out and order menu log, eat Lindt chocolate etc. sorry. I'm feeling very jaded

I agree with you to an extent. They don't want people to stop watching as well. Let's see what Georgia's numbers look like. People are feeling conned and now saying they are done. Even if 1-2% go through with that threat that's still a lot of people. IMO
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:07 am

^^ Just a thought..Maybe tptb did that because they felt that Richie was waivering after the fact. Wasn't it about the time of the nude photos and rumors of Richie making a mistake?(I'm asking since I do not know)
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by joshfan Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:08 am

anyone feeling like richie led nikki on? I have to say I bawled my eyes out and am extremely angry. Not at alex, I'm happy she and nikki have remained friends. Just so so so so mad at richie.

joshfan

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:10 am

lightredemption wrote:
robinvi wrote:
lightredemption wrote:How do people think the editing could have changed to showcase the Alex/Richie love story better? Should they have demonised Nikki or tried to make her look bad at times?

I dont think thats true. They could have shown less of Alex crying. Show more sweet moments and less jealousy. More interaction on group dates. Showed more of the conversations about prepping for being a dad. Oh yes and not have him talk about how he is not ready to settle down and wanting to travel with his lady so much. All that directed us to someone without a kid. That being said, Alex talks about how much her family is involved. So she will probs utilize them when Richie and her get offered free trips and stuff.

IMO

But both Alex and Richie have said that he isn't there to be a 'dad' - I think I'd agree with the comments about production if they hadn't shown sweet, chemistry-laden moments between Alex and Richie but they did. They shouldn't have to cut out Alex being jealous and crying just to make the story more palatable - that's the person Richie picked. Some people's love stories just aren't as romantic as others IMO

That's the silliest thing. There is a 5 year old involved. You have to be dad like in a relationship with a child that young. He's not a teenager that a role model would be the fill-in as a parent.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:10 am

joshfan wrote:anyone feeling like richie led nikki on? I have to say I bawled my eyes out and am extremely angry. Not at alex, I'm happy she and nikki have remained friends. Just so so so so mad at richie.

the F2 is always "led on" whatever the season/country.... IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by carraiger Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:12 am

joshfan wrote:anyone feeling like richie led nikki on? I have to say I bawled my eyes out and am extremely angry. Not at alex, I'm happy she and nikki have remained friends. Just so so so so mad at richie.

Given the way Sam F treated Richie's departure with such care last year, he could have been expected to do the same for Nikki given that she had told me she loved him. Maybe Olena's behaviour on her last date prevented her being taken to F2 which would have somewhat protected Nikki.
carraiger
carraiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HodanG Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:56 am

carraiger wrote:

Given the way Sam F treated Richie's departure with such care last year, he could have been expected to do the same for Nikki given that she had told me she loved him. Maybe Olena's behaviour on her last date prevented her being taken to F2 which would have somewhat protected Nikki.

Yes I agree I feel like Olena was the pick for F2 but due to the unexpected events that took place on their date.. He had no choice but to take Nikki. I adore nikki. I'm afraid to rewatch the season incase my heart will break again.. I just hope she is ok
HodanG
HodanG

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:05 am

sophienette wrote:

My head tells me I understand that's the deal, that's part of the show you get to F2 because there appears to be a serious chance of being F1. But my god the contrast between Nikki's deeply honest approach and Richie's scripted replies to keep it going are hard to reconcile. The rawness of her reaction in the car... wow, so gutted for her.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:09 am

carraiger wrote:

To go through ALL of that and then face what ended up being a fairly abrupt 2-3 minute rejection, I would have liked to see Richie show Nikki a bit more love and compassion as he farewelled her.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:11 am

sophienette wrote:

This!

And Nikki led Nikki on too tbh. The girls at the mansion didnt help either. Everyone called her the frontrunner and she just believed it which is natural. She will be okay and find her own person.

Also spare a thought for Alex who watched while everyone cheered for Nikki, that couldnt have been easy for her.

Good luck to all of them

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+35
Mikesgirl83
casjacknick
GuardianAngel
Norcalgal
MissB
carraiger
joshfan
iamreal2u
stuckinsc
Carine
LeapofFaith