SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 11 of 74 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 42 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:39 am

@brownravens I agree with most of your post.

However, what I don't get (this may be just me) is what have we learned about the Matty / G relationship after 3 almost back to back episodes with him getting SQT time and SDs ? Pretty much nothing of substance. We learned that she had no interest in him at the start and that he is the slow burn in terms of being funny and good to be around.
In that respect we have Jake with the hot chemistry established on his SD and their commonality with sick parents and Lee with pretty much them being mirror images of each other as per what was shown and Gs PIs. The sit down with Lee established another commonality i.e. the traveling commonality as well.

Matty still may be F1 but we have not learned anything about their relationship other than her first impressions were wrong. jmo.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by brownravens Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:41 am

Fifty wrote:Ok I rewatched Matty and Georgia's date and noticed he music when they were kissing was the same as Nikki's monkey date in Bali.  Does that mean he is F2, not necessarily considering Courtney has the F1 music.  But this stage I'm more confused as ever.  Can someone tell me if filming wrapped whilst the Bachelor was running, if so they may have gauged from  the reaction everyone had to Nikki and how well received she was and they are using her music for Matty as the F1 or possible next Bach. Just a thought anyway.

Filming supposedly finished on the 26/27th August which is like 10 eps into Bach S4. But i reckon they are changing up the music esp because courtney got F1 music...
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 am

nd4reality wrote:@brownravens I agree with most of your post.

However, what I don't get (this may be just me) is what have we learned about the Matty / G relationship after 3 almost back to back episodes with him getting SQT time and SDs ? Pretty much nothing of substance. We learned that she had no interest in him at the start and that he is the slow burn in terms of being funny and good to be around.
In that respect we have Jake with the hot chemistry established on his SD and their commonality with sick parents and Lee with pretty much them being mirror images of each other as per what was shown and Gs PIs. The sit down with Lee established another commonality i.e. the traveling commonality as well.

Matty still may be F1 but we have not learned anything about their relationship other than her first impressions were wrong. jmo.

I think its not so much learned as we can see development goes kinda like ep3 SQT - notice him and get to know, we see some cocktail party interaction, I think a bit of ep 5 we missed out was him chipping a tooth (it's in the tenplay extras/media) and then by ep 6 Georgia wanted to properly hang out and see that her perception of him had changed. I thought the croquet conversation about "first impression meaning nothing" was the most honest/real conversation that we have seen so far. And then we saw that game show thing and I think that showed some initiative and effort on Matty's part and finally the 2nd SD saw like honest, genuine romance. I though it was beyond physical in the 2nd SD, similar to the painting date with Sam and Sasha, where the lead has made a date especially based on something the the contestant said they like/were interested in and not just a mutual interest like disney.

IMO - The other thing I think is interesting is that Jake got the conversation about her mum's cancer and that's fine but I think all the top contenders must know, I doubt its a secret but it was shown for Jake because it was the first date and TPTB needed to establish Georgia as much as establishing contestants. I guess I just don't see much development in the other relationships that's what I always look for. I can tell you the narrative for all the OZ storylines except Blake's laugh out loud.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by nylonvagabond Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:16 am

I think this last episode was also a lot about Georgia maturing before our eyes. She's the girl that always enmeshed herself in relationships as her parents have noted. Its a lot like Nikki, and how neither of them have heart felt words being said to them about how great both gals are! Georgia has been a great lead, and this episode was probably the most vulnerable she has been thus far (and not being afraid to show that!)

I felt her eyes said a lot - both in Matty's edited speech and Jake reading his letter. "This is what I want in a lasting relationship" (and not the crap Courtney pulls)

PS. The song Georgia and Matty were dancing to was "I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter" I wonder if Osher had anything to do with that!

nylonvagabond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:28 am

@brownravens I agree with you. The F1 usually gets the 2sd based on something of interest to them or for them and not the lead. I don't remember Tims season but Blakes for Frosty was the dress/dance/necklace date (pretty woman because she was rarely spoiled with nice things), Snez's 2nd date was the pizza making/Death Star, Alex was the fast car/ chocolate bath (apparently she likes chocolate), Sasha was 50's car/ painting. They also established familiarity with Nikkis first date (background/location/close family) as they did with Jake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:30 am

nylonvagabond wrote:I think this last episode was also a lot about Georgia maturing before our eyes. She's the girl that always enmeshed herself in relationships as her parents have noted. Its a lot like Nikki, and how neither of them have heart felt words being said to them about how great both gals are! Georgia has been a great lead, and this episode was probably the most vulnerable she has been thus far (and not being afraid to show that!)

I felt her eyes said a lot - both in Matty's edited speech and Jake reading his letter. "This is what I want in a lasting relationship" (and not the crap Courtney pulls)

PS. The song Georgia and Matty were dancing to was "I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter" I wonder if Osher had anything to do with that!

Ooh that's interesting about the music. Tied in nicely with the GD then.

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:42 am

brownravens wrote:

I think its not so much learned as we can see development goes kinda like ep3 SQT - notice him and get to know, we see some cocktail party interaction, I think a bit of ep 5 we missed out was him chipping a tooth (it's in the tenplay extras/media) and then by ep 6 Georgia wanted to properly hang out and see that her perception of him had changed. I thought the croquet conversation about "first impression meaning nothing" was the most honest/real conversation that we have seen so far. And then we saw that game show thing and I think that showed some initiative and effort on Matty's part and finally the 2nd SD saw like honest, genuine romance. I though it was beyond physical in the 2nd SD, similar to the painting date with Sam and Sasha, where the lead has made a date especially based on something the the contestant said they like/were interested in and not just a mutual interest like disney.

IMO - The other thing I think is interesting is that Jake got the conversation about her mum's cancer and that's fine but I think all the top contenders must know, I doubt its a secret but it was shown for Jake because it was the first date and TPTB needed to establish Georgia as much as establishing contestants. I guess I just don't see much development in the other relationships that's what I always look for. I can tell you the narrative for all the OZ storylines except Blake's laugh out loud.

Excellent post @brownravens - I definitely agree that the substance of their relationship is evident by the extent of their progression. IMO, everyone else feels like suspended conversations in time while I feel like Georgia and Matty have a relationship that I can see legitimately developing before my eyes. I think for your perception of someone to change to that extent belies a greater level of understanding of them and I certainly felt that when Matty was telling Georgia how much he liked her. And like you said, with every date they've had you become aware that Georgia is listening to Matty and doing things in response to what he says. Whether that means he is F1 or not, I don't know but from a storytelling perspective I believe their connection more than others.
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by coconutgurl Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:03 am

lightredemption wrote:
brownravens wrote:

Excellent post @brownravens - I definitely agree that the substance of their relationship is evident by the extent of their progression. IMO, everyone else feels like suspended conversations in time while I feel like Georgia and Matty have a relationship that I can see legitimately developing before my eyes. I think for your perception of someone to change to that extent belies a greater level of understanding of them and I certainly felt that when Matty was telling Georgia how much he liked her. And like you said, with every date they've had you become aware that Georgia is listening to Matty and doing things in response to what he says. Whether that means he is F1 or not, I don't know but from a storytelling perspective I believe their connection more than others.

i have to agree too. Ive just been re watching the episodes and Matty if you calculate the amount of SDs,CP 1 on1 chats and the GD 1 on 1 he's had the most time with her. She is herself with him and brings the fun out of her which i enjoy watching when listening to them be silly. He to me is her F1. He's so much fun and maybe thats his story line in this...First impression is the cheeky boyish thinking over confidence to the serious romantic innocent side coming out. I noticed on the Trapeze time they had together they had their legs interlocking eachother by the end of their conversation. How cute is it when they kiss each other on the lips naturally telling each other they are the best after they finished their dance routine on their 2nd SD. Now their background music to their dinner date afterwards was fairytale music and come on! they almost or did cry in their ITM...thats got to be a give away....emotional but their dates have been the most fun to watch making me laugh just watching them. handwave

coconutgurl

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Good Post I do find it odd that since the first SQT G is still talking about how she never had interest in Matty from the start even now after a 2nd SD. The whole "butterflies" thing G uses is like Richie's "incredible" - it's meaningless at this point to me since she uses it with everyone. Actually, strike that, she said she had "fireworks" with Lee and fireworks>butterflies imo :yes:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:54 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:

Good Post I do find it odd that since the first SQT G is still talking about how she never had interest in Matty from the start even now after a 2nd SD. The whole "butterflies" thing G uses is like Richie's "incredible" - it's meaningless at this point to me since she uses it with everyone. Actually, strike that, she said she had fireworks with Lee :yes:

Oh and I noticed another commonality on the GD in ep8.

This was when they were reading out each letter. She had the most to comment about Lee's. she said that said he has had many things in his life that he loved but it's not fulfilled and that's why he's here and so am I. Paraphrasing of course but that's the gist of it.
Another similarity.

That little scene with The camera panning to Leemade my heart squeeze TBH.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

I may be a cynic, but to me at this stage the emphasis on similar interests/sense of humor and commonality between Lee and Georgia feels more like a justification to keep his gorgeous face on the show rather than a basis for a relationship.

I like Lee (who wouldn't?!) but I just don't think he's the yang to her yin, if you get my drift. Maybe something more will develop on their date next week, but right now I really don't see him making F1 or even F2. My money's on Jake.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by porcelainpony Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:40 am

Bobette wrote:I may be a cynic, but to me at this stage the emphasis on similar interests/sense of humor and commonality between Lee and Georgia feels more like a justification to keep his gorgeous face on the show rather than a basis for a relationship.  

I like Lee (who wouldn't?!) but I just don't think he's the yang to her yin, if you get my drift.  Maybe something more will develop on their date next week, but right now I really don't see him making F1 or even F2.  My money's on Jake.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree.

Their similar interests/sense of humor and commonality IS what is keeping him in the show. It is a wonderful foundation for a relationship. Georgia has repeated time and time again that she is looking for someone who is in the same page as her, who has her same sense of humor, and relating to her situation: successful, yet something is quite lacking.

The very fact that Lee made it this far means Georgia is not only encased in this bubble the producers created it is also because she is thinking about the long run. I don't see Matty or Jake lasting, after this.

However, with Lee there is longevity. Solely due to the fact that they get along quite well. They are mature, have the same sense of humor and are financially stable and looking for the same thing. They are on the same page.

This is what sets him apart, I think. I don't think he is playing any games with Georgia because he matches her exact sentiments about why she is here. And this might be the biggest factor for her right now and the thing she is looking for.
porcelainpony
porcelainpony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 74 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 42 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+40
grace8136
AEF
Love_is_Eternal
Roses Are Red
niqa86
Spoil Me Again
iamreal2u
Emayem
Seabear
Norcalgal
porcelainpony