SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Page 29 of 80 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 54 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

goals - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 29 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Post by california90 Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:23 am

peggy0221 wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:Gosh, I'm sorry, but it still makes me laugh knowing Lauren's best friends from this show are Amanduh and the twins. Jeez.

This is one of the many reasons I can never warm up to Lauren. Her BFFs from this show are, IMO, all surface level and cry babies, she's either friend with them to make herself look more intelligent, or she is indeed at their level. Lauren may not be a bad person, but in my opinion, she seriously lacking some depth.

Same with Ben. I listened to a podcast with Olivia on it and Olivia is actually quite eloquent and intelligent with her words (just uuuber awkward) and she said she could never have an intelligent convo with Ben. laugh out loud. I would say they're kinda on the same level.

california90

Back to top Go down

goals - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 29 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:25 am

I take back what I said, I don't like Lauren's makeup tonight. She's got some racoon eyes going on. IMO. I like her haircut though, that I'm just noticing, cause I think she's had it short for like 5 weeks now laugh out loud

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:27 am

Ben looks cute in his geeky sweater tonight. Reminds me of old Ben hehe I wish he would've wore more sweaters on his season, but all the places were tropical..

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 am

bleuberry wrote:I can't think of any normal person from the franchise who doesn't have a wtf friend laugh out loud.

So true! Pretty much everyone I like from this franchise is friends with someone I can't stand. laugh out loud But Lauren's choice of mansion friends did make me wonder about her already during the season, not gonna lie. I think she and Amanda were probably drawn to each other because they're both on the quiet side, and the twins are so childlike they're easy to be around, especially outgoing unfiltered Emily.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 am

hae1001 wrote:I'm confused as to why it's off limits to bring up Becca, yet it's ok for For her to be criticized over being friends with Amanda and the twins, who I want to point out, are all friends with other contestants from past seasons as well, however they don't get the hate that Lauren gets. Hmm.

It's not off limits to bring up Becca.  But first she has her own threads and we need to stay on topic with Ben and Lauren, so unless it's related move it to her thread.  

That said, we will not have Becca brought up and thrown back in the discussion to get us off topic regarding her friendship with Jojo and if it's better or worse than Laurens's with Duhh and the twins.  Take it to an appropriate thread if you have to have the discussion.  Becca was brought up in a tit for tat discussion, which we are not doing and will get thread locked.  

We don't compare and snip at each other simple because we do not like a fellow posters opinion, thoughts and post.  One can agree to disagree or even not like it, but you will show respect for fellow posters and not snip and be rude to them.  If that can't be done, threads will be locked until all can be civil again.  Kasha and I have both warned in this thread already tonight.  

JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:36 am

SeekAny wrote:Don't worry about Ben being bored, his excitement over the holidays was putting together four puzzles with his folks. He lives for bachelor event nights like this. Kissy face snap chats will not be the death of him.

He tweeted tonight, that the girl in the baby blue dress on night one who gave him wings changed his life forever for the better. Thought that was sweet.

I thought that was a sweet tweet too. Smiley I'm not overly concerned about Ben looking bored for a few seconds in the background while Lauren hangs with her girls. That sounds about normal for most guys at one time or another with their SO and her girlfriends.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:39 am

To be clear, I didn't see the need to discuss Becca. I just also don't see the reason for the hate fest for Lauren being friends with amanda and the twins when both Amanda and Twins are regulars to bachelor events that include pretty much all of the other alumni. Everything she does lately is overly criticized IMO and then others are applauded for those same actions. I think there is a difference in having a discussion about differing opinions than having a forum of nothing but bashing and snarking.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:46 am

california90 wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:Gosh, I'm sorry, but it still makes me laugh knowing Lauren's best friends from this show are Amanduh and the twins. Jeez.

This is one of the many reasons I can never warm up to Lauren. Her BFFs from this show are, IMO, all surface level and cry babies, she's either friend with them to make herself look more intelligent, or she is indeed at their level. Lauren may not be a bad person, but in my opinion, she seriously lacking some depth.

Same with Ben. I listened to a podcast with Olivia on it and Olivia is actually quite eloquent and intelligent with her words (just uuuber awkward) and she said she could never have an intelligent convo with Ben. laugh out loud. I would say they're kinda on the same level.

That's why I never liked Ben too, but to me, he's more tolerable than Lauren. goals - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 29 3806527698
And at least I could see Ben with some other passions in life, like his faith, his care to the community, but I see almost nothing in Lauren other than her pursed lips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am

Last time I'm going to say it tonight.  It's a general discussion thread, so all thoughts are welcome.  No one is forcing anyone to read and post here.  If you don't like the discussion, don't read and participate.  Find a thread better suited for you.

There are some that don't necessarily love or greatly like  Amanda and/or the twins, myself being one.  That's fine, we're allowed our opinions.  Same as those that do like them. And frankly, I doubt any of them care about any of our opinions. laugh out loud

What does the number of events they attend have to do with a friendship?  Attending everything just means they like living off ABC's dime and enjoy the attention and fame, not that they'd make great friends, IMO.

:soapbox Stepping off now... Topic, Ben and Lauren... Go!

JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:53 am

peggy0221 wrote:
california90 wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:

That's why I never liked Ben too, but to me, he's more tolerable than Lauren. goals - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4 - Page 29 3806527698
And at least I could see Ben with some other passions in life, like his faith, his care to the community, but I see almost nothing in Lauren other than her pursed lips.

Lauren shares Ben's faith. She's just not as overt about it as Ben is. But if you follow her family members, most of them talk about their faith pretty regularly, her mom and brothers especially. So we know that's how she was raised. She snaps going to church occasionally, Ben mentioned in some interview that Lauren opted to go to their church and he opted to stay home and watch the Cubs play in a play off game. So maybe she keeps it more to herself (TOTALLY ok in my book), but she has faith that lines up with Ben. She also has shown care for her community - her love for animals which has always stood out to me and young children. Ben said his heart soared watching her with children in Honduras. So, IMO, if all you are noticing is the surface level selfies, you aren't looking very hard. Beneath that Lauren to me is a pretty thoughtful, articulate and kind individual. IMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:44 am

Thanks but no thanks, Lauren is too phony for my liking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:25 am

Like anyone, Lauren has her good and bad points. I do find her boring and pretty vapid for the most part...at least from what I saw of her on the show and from what I see of her SM here. When they did press post show, however, she did come across as articulate...more so than Ben. She does seem kind so she doesn't bother me as much as some of the more bitchy contestants. Overall, I'm fairly neutral on her and them. They just don't have enough personality one way or another to get me to care about either of them and I'm pretty sure they feel the same way about my opinions.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 80 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 54 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #4

+55
Miyala
notarose
sbolduc
Anon1234
George1218