SELECT CONTENT

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by emusha Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Dare2b... wrote:He might be using lines but not all men that use lines are being disingenuous which is what I'm trying to say. Yes the PUA stuff exists and it rightfully has a bad reputation, but by itself using lines and trying to be smooth is not synonymous with just trying to play the game. He may very well really like Rachel and is using every tool in his arsenal to win her over.

Yup! exactly my point.

Also -- IMO Bryan even talking about his parent's marriage which Rachel included on her blog to show they do more than make out is something that's a line straight out of previous seasons...I can't remember who but I remember some contestants/leads connecting over their desire to emulate their parents' successful 30+ year marriage -- I believe Nick and Rachel even had a similar convo on one of the cp's. I do think Bryan is very skilled at picking up women - I think he studied it (based on his comment on his bio that he used bette/bach to study relationship dynamics) and I'm very curious why he fell for Rachel and why now he's ready to settle down.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by sdmom Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Well if we trust Rachel is an intelligent woman who's a good judge of character, I am sure she would figure out by the end of the filming, who's genuine and really into her. Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:31 pm

we have to remember he's been single for 37 years and has had many many nights at the bar etc. prowling for women.

Is the bolded a fact or just an assumption? I'm genuinely curious because I'm wondering how some know this unless you know Bryan or people in his life personally.

Also -- IMO Bryan even talking about his parent's marriage which Rachel included on her blog to show they do more than make out is something that's a line straight out of previous seasons...

Putting aside that we didn't actually see this conversation, including what led to it, how he shared it, the full context, etc. Bryan is kind of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. So when they do something more than kissing it's still a play and pick-up on his part because it's clearly from the Franchise handbook of "how to get the lead". Okay, well then we can make that case for every single one of these people can't we? Because at the end of the day it's an entertainment show that is heavily edited.

Last edited by lleyki on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 pm

I'm old. cantstopl What is this PUA and The Game of which you speak?  

IMO, a person flirts and shows interest in another person with their words, gestures, tone, etc.  Flirting is either well received (liked) or not (not liked) by the object of the flirting, based on their own personal interpretations and preferences. Flirting with someone does not necessarily mean that you will woo the person into liking you back. It is something you put out there, but goes no where if not well received. In other words, I do not believe in the existence of a Svengali (a man who exerts some kind of hypnotic powers over a woman).

So, because I feel that flirting is powerless without it being accepted by the woman, I don't see how flirting could been seen as predatory activity. I don't view flirting as a negative or as a suspect or nefarious behavior. The exceptions to this statement would be if the flirting included outright lying or if it was coming from a boss/person who held power over your job.  That is why I don't see a flirting as a form of coercion or view a flirt as a person with bad intentions.

IMO there are people who are born with certain traits and tendencies that can be described as "born flirts" or "natural flirts". To me, that just means that the sum total of their personal characteristics more than the average fall into the categories that would be labeled as flirty in nature. I don't even know if I'm explaining this well or making sense. Sorry. Embarressed!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 pm

37 years old, recently dated Jubliee, friends/acquaintance with Josh Murray and just so happens to end up on Rachel's season and (maybe)win her heart. scratch This guy is a PRO!, imo.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a whole storyboard in his room of how to get this far. jmo

Last edited by Cila51290 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 pm

emusha wrote:we have to remember he's been single for 37 years and has had many many nights at the bar etc. prowling for women. I have no doubt Bryan has tactics and he used them on Rachel consistently through the first episodes so far.

Watching her closely and watching what happens imo is another technic to maintain control. Also - we have to remember going into the show he was a fan of the show and he himself confessed he watches the show to observe man-woman relationship dynamics.

Every guy wants to not go home at any given night and Bryan likely uses his knowledge about the show, watching Rachel and what she's about + any tactics he's picked up to pick up women...to help him move forward/stay one more night. For instance anyone that's watched one or two seasons would know to move forward a contestant would do better by having a laser focus on the lead and not being distracted by the house and any drama.

I don't equate using PUA tactics or seduction techniques to having bad intentions. I do think he must have built the emotional intimacy and the genuine connection to propose to her and to be supposedly so happy with her.

all jmo

Sorry is that a fact? Based on ??

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:36 pm

lleyki wrote:
we have to remember he's been single for 37 years and has had many many nights at the bar etc. prowling for women.

Is the bolded a fact or just an assumption? I'm genuinely curious because I'm wondering how some know this unless you know Bryan or people in his life personally.
I'll modify my statement - I typed it fast but it's an assumption based on several combined pieces of factual information: that he went out with the guys from his season recently, he was very comfortable dancing with Rachel at the bar so he has some dancing skills, also being familiar with Miami culture which is where Bryan is from (very heavy on nighlife) and the Colombian/other latino cultures also including salsa/merenge/discotech dancing, at photos on bryan's fb with him out with his boys etc.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Cila51290 wrote:37 years old, recently dated Jubliee, friends with Josh Murray and just so happens to end up on Rachel's season and (maybe)win her heart. scratch This guy is a PRO!, imo.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a whole storyboard in his room of how to get this far. jmo

Sorry for the double posts, but do we know for sure he dated Jubilee recently ? For how long? And I read Josh himself said he's only met Bryan once and imo, that's not "friends", more like acquaintances.

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:40 pm

@sdmom I know, I put acquaintances before you quoted me. Yes, Jubliee briefly had a fling with him. The fact that Josh felt the need to give him a shout out means they are slightly more then just acquaintances, imo.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:40 pm

friends/acquaintance with Josh Murray

Didn't Josh himself say he met Bryan once for a few minutes and Reality Steve said the Jubilee situation was very casual and in RS's own words, "not that big of a deal". I am not suggesting that Bryan came on the show with no other intention than to fall madly in love with Rachel. But as Rachel said in the first episode, everyone has their reasons for doing this show. Sharleen has said the same as well.

I just think it's interesting the determination to make Bryan this mastermind, underhanded guy and it's like no one on this show is there for purely innocent and genuine reasons. Not a single one - including Rachel when she came on Nick's season. They all have some bit of famewhore and/or desire to be on television in them. Yes certainly some way more than others. I just think it's a bit ridiculous the finger pointing of certain contestants like other people's reasons are so genuine and magnanimous.

Last edited by lleyki on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Yup, I'm so irrationally annoyed at Josh for that tweet because now everyone associates Bryan with josh even though they met for a few minutes ONE time. They're barely acquaintances, let alone friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 pm

@lleyki Please don't misquote me if you're referring to my posts wanting to make bryan an "underhanded guy without innocent or genuine reasons" -- every single time I've posted about his potentially using PUA/the game I've said they're just tactics any guy could use to pick up any girl and there's a solid chance he might have genuine reasons to end up falling for her.
Actually, the history of PUA is guys who are awkward around girls getting trained by those who are "pros" to be more successful picking up girls.

All JMO

Last edited by emusha on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+77
Maddy
Tajlena
Marginwalker
MissB
Longhornfan