SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 47 of 66 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 56 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 47 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:32 pm

I don't think Nick and Vanessa have anything to do with it.  She was the first POC lead, they wanted to get people invested plain and simple, IMO.  No matter who her F1 was, they needed support for her going in, you know before they threw her and/or her F1 under the bus (like normal).  Though I do think she's gotten off fairly well so far, other than some of the awful choices the make up department made for her.  IMO too many weeks off between episodes, the dragging out of the Lee drama, etc. has not helped ratings or keepin people interested.

As far as Peter and how he reacted at the RC when it came down to him and Dean... maybe because his chances of being the bachelor would be slimmer at F4 than F3 or the heartbroken F2.  I thought he looked more annoyed than upset.  

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 47 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by albean99 Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:06 pm

If Peter was only on to be TB, all he had to do was not to express doubts imo. I think he didn't know if Rachel would keep him because of that.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15325

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:10 pm

I don't think Peter is some evil genius and calculator who was only thinking of being the bachelor when it got down to him and Dean at the last RC. I think it's just human nature to feel bad when you're not chosen for something, even if he's not that keen to be truly selected to be Rachel's fake fiancé for a few months.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:25 pm

rachelisqueen wrote:@Ladybug82 or maybe they wanted rachel to show off her happiness because of the lack of enthusiasm from nick and vanessa?
That's actually a pretty good idea, however I don't think it had anything to do with Nick and Vanessa. The week of Rachels media tour, Ben and Lauren announced that they had ended their engagement and then the news that Becca and Robert had broken up went public.  The main goal and point of the show is to sell the viewers on "true love" imo, so I think it's very possible that tptb could have wanted to put the narrative out there that this season was successful so that the dark cloud of bachelor nation breakups didn't taint their upcoming season.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:36 pm

peter imo knew the gig
he registered one year ago to the show
he is a business man and after seeing his IG pro Jtorr and non stop fitness, I am 99.99% convinced that he prepared himself well, clothes and saw the previous seasons so he will rehearse what to say, what to avoid, etc

i would not be surprised he get a luke last minute cancellation in favor of another guy.... who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:13 pm

rachelisqueen wrote:did anyone notice how shook peter got when it was down to him and dean? Why would he react that way if he didn't have feelings for rachel?

I think he has feelings, despite what many here think. His nervous antics show it. However, I believe he is in his head a lot, which he has mentioned and can't get to the proposal that R wants. I wish he would, and he might, but it will be too late IMO. Bryan was gung-ho from the start and despite how fake I see it, R has the choice. I think P will remain in his head up until the end. He might throw out a desperate "I love you," but I won't believe it. I just think he is a traditional guy like Dean said. I don't fault him for not getting there, but I do think he was/is into Rachel.

As for him being the Bachelor...I love it and hate it. I know most want their favorites to not do it, but I'm selfish, and I want him to. He is too beautiful and articulate to not make it good IMO. Does the marriage proposal at the end bother me? Of course. But after this round and it drilled in his head of his "duties" I think he can find it. Obviously I hope it isn't a Whit/Chris sitch or lust like others I won't name. I do, however, want to see Peter as Bach if not F1. I do not think he'll be boring or as vanilla as Ben. AKA look at sm.

Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by fabgirl Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:25 am

Happy Friday everyone Smiley.Thank you to all of the wonderful moderators on this forum and Guardian Angel.
fabgirl
fabgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Kels0012 wrote:
rachelisqueen wrote:did anyone notice how shook peter got when it was down to him and dean? Why would he react that way if he didn't have feelings for rachel?

I think he has feelings, despite what many here think. His nervous antics show it. However, I believe he is in his head a lot, which he has mentioned and can't get to the proposal that R wants. I wish he would, and he might, but it will be too late IMO. Bryan was gung-ho from the start and despite how fake I see it, R has the choice. I think P will remain in his head up until the end. He might throw out a desperate "I love you," but I won't believe it. I just think he is a traditional guy like Dean said. I don't fault him for not getting there, but I do think he was/is into Rachel.

As for him being the Bachelor...I love it and hate it. I know most want their favorites to not do it, but I'm selfish, and I want him to. He is too beautiful and articulate to not make it good IMO. Does the marriage proposal at the end bother me? Of course. But after this round and it drilled in his head of his "duties" I think he can find it. Obviously I hope it isn't a Whit/Chris sitch or lust like others I won't name. I do, however, want to see Peter as Bach if not F1. I do not think he'll be boring or as vanilla as Ben. AKA look at sm.

I really wish the US Bach/ette would do away with the engagement at the end. It's just too unrealistic and too much pressure IMO. A commitment is far more important for me after such a short period of time

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 pm

ITA @Just Looking I was disappointed to hear Rachel saying she wanted an engagement at the end of the show. It's my least favorite part of the show.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15325

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Just Looking wrote:
Kels0012 wrote:

I really wish the US Bach/ette would do away with the engagement at the end. It's just too unrealistic and too much pressure IMO.  A commitment is far more important for me after such a short period of time

Agree! Rachel stated that she doesn't want a boyfriend at the end of this. I get that. That's one reason why Bryan's smooth charm and "all in" approach worked for her, imo.
To me, you can still have an exclusive commitment without the ring. I wonder if they would allow Peter to go that route? As CH has said, the leads can pretty much do what they want.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Off topic:

After reading a few discussions, I have a suggestion for next season. Is it possible to have a separate thread for sleuthing (SCs/clues with proof) and have another one for theories (which may/may not prove to be true)? I think that'll remove the issue which posters might have sometimes that their sleuthing theories are not being taken into account and also bypass the issue for some sleuthers who are only interested in clues like SCs and pic proof which can't be refuted. Win-win for all IMO.

Just a suggestion! Smiley
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:57 pm

If Peter is the next Bachelor, it will definitely end in a proposal, unless he wants to be crucified like Juan Pablo by Chris Harrison and TPTB. I was actually appalled by how CH treated Juan Pablo during AFTR, just because he wouldn't propose or say he loves his F1 and toe the company line. So I am sure all the leads know what they are signing up for at this point. Unlike some of the international version, the goal of the US franchise is to be engaged at the end.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 66 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 56 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+100
richmondrose
everglow
appiah01
Billysmom
composer53
violetstoo
Seab21
TheWrongReasons
KK4
Nativenewyorker
likeashipblown