SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Page 5 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:13 am

Corinne has issues. She is going to have to deal with these the rest of her life. We all do to an extent. Having someone else carry us on their backs and deal with our issues for us is not the answer. IMO
It is not the responsibility of those having an event/venue etc to babysit.
Temptation and saying no is a part of life whether it's refusing heroin or that extra brownie.
Some people don't like going to bridal showers. It's their choice whether they attend or not. It's a personal choice. It should not be the burden of the hostess inviting to figure that one out. She should invite who she chooses. If the invitee has issues, they are the ones responsible in learning to deal with these issues and dealing with them.
This is not a case of mistakenly eating nuts when you are allergic to them. In this case, the nuts were in plain view and she grabbed handful after handful and ate them.
What has to be reviewed is if anyone said--"Should you be eating nuts? Slow down on those nuts. Stop with the nuts already." and what the responses to that were.
Eh they are all mixed nuts, IMO.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

Post by Sable Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 am

dartbachfan27 wrote:While I agree with all that, do they necessarily have to be mutually exclusive? We can still NOT absolve Corinne of blame/her behavior while still also thinking that production ALSO deserves some of the blame. Whether it is for casting and inviting someone like her on this show in the first place (I mean no one is really shocked that this happened with Corinne involved). I think or for not either stopping the filming of oral sex or stopping it in the first place if something seemed odd or out of place. I know they've showed quick clips of people having sex on the show before but at the same time, they were either under the covers or in a pool/ocean. Were they seriously going to show a clip of them having oral sex? Probably not--that would be considered too raunchy for tv. So from a production POV, I don't even get why they allowed it to continue.

All that is to say that the two do not have to be mutually exclusive. You can find areas where ALL parties involved were at fault in some shape or form. I can't say that production wasn't looking forward to Corinne's wild behavior in casting her in the first place, and in some way, that's super messed up because I'm sure they were or would've been willing to exploit her to an extent to get such raunchy footage. Not necessarily hard to believe. JMO blame could be placed all around.

Bolding by me...

Even with all the snippets that have come out thus far, we really and truly don't have an accurate timeline or account of what took place that day/evening. The latest Daily Mail article which I posted last night stated that after Corinne put her genitals in DeMario's face while he was sitting by the pool that a producer yelled "cut" and that they were told to put their clothes on (paraphrasing from the article). So perhaps TPTB did sort of stop things once they got out of hand and started to go too far? According to some of the accounts (Daily Mail's latest and RS) Corinne then proceeded to continuing drinking and made out with multiple other men even after her interaction with DeMario. I don't know when or if we will ever truly get an accurate account of what went on that evening. Even if we did, it would still be someone's opinion of the events as they unfolded. I guess unless we ever get to see the tape, we won't really know what happened. Even if we saw the tape, everyone might have different interpretations of it, so there will probably never really be any cut and dry answers to this.

I don't know, based on some of Corinne's behavior on Nick's season - how she took her bikini top off in the pool and placed Nick's hands on them on one of the first group dates of the season, how she put whip cream on/near her breasts and asked Nick to lick it off, how she straddled Nick in the bouncy house - I can sort of see how those that witnessed the events of that evening were not alarmed at first by some of her behavior in that it probably started out not being that much different than what she did on Nick's season. Her behavior was probably a little more OTT than it was on The Bachelor, but this is BIP and most of the contestants' behavior is much more OTT on BIP than it is on their season of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette. If the Daily Mail is to be believed, once the oral sex happened, they shut that down right away. Perhaps once her and DeMario undressed, that should have been their cue to stop things? I really don't know.

I truly feel that a sexual assault did not occur based on all the things that have been coming out. Corinne is seeming to blame the producers, not DeMario. I also think it is very telling that a lot of the other contestants have unfollowed her on SM. I also don't think that they're just upset at the lost opportunity either. They would have to be really depraved human beings if Corinne really was sexually assaulted to treat her that way. I know some of the contestants that pass through the show have questionable morals, but I don't think they would stand by and toe the company line if Corinne had really and truly been assaulted in some way. I just think that some of them (especially the other women who appeared on Nick's season with her) know her schtick and have gotten sick of all her drama. As much people like to make fun of BIP, there are people that have lost a lot with this turn of events.

Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 am

Maybe it's because I grew up in a different culture before immigrating to the U.S. but tbh I think something that other parts of the world (non-western world) do much better than the U.S. and maybe by extension much of the western world, is there's this sense of community. Everyone is their his or her brother's and sister's keeper type of thing. We look out for one another. In the west, from my experience living not just in the U.S. but also in the U.K., there's this sense that everyone's on their own...it's very individualistic. Maybe I'm influenced by my cultural background, but I don't think that's necessarily better or even a good thing. When I visited my home country a year ago, I saw a man who was having difficulty starting up his car (the engine wasn't working or something) and if you see how everyone just rushed to help him, like I almost teared up, it was such a beautiful sight.

Yes, at the end of the day, everyone is responsible for his orherself. Nonetheless, I think we would be a better society if we, too, looked out for each other. I think things like suicide, depression, etc could be better addressed if people who find themselves in those situations felt like they were not in it alone and that they wouldn't place an undue burden on someone else by turning to someone despite it not being *their* responsibility. I don't think it's that much to ask for in saying it is perfectly a good thing if we looked out for each other. Something like sexual assault that occurs at a frat basement could be prevented if bystanders actually intervened before a victim is isolated from her friends or the rest of his/her peers. In that situation, if a young woman appeared to have had too much to drink yet found herself in an uncomfortable situation with a guy who wants to get her out of public purview and take her somewhere else to assault her, we should just not intervene if we notice something wrong just because it was the person's *personal choice* to drink too much? Well if that's what it is, then that is seriously flawed IMHO. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our behavior. At the same time, however, I would like to think if someone acted irresponsibly, that his or her fellow members of the world, would intervene and help that person out.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:08 am

dartbachfan27 wrote:While I agree with all that, do they necessarily have to be mutually exclusive? We can still NOT absolve Corinne of blame/her behavior while still also thinking that production ALSO deserves some of the blame. Whether it is for casting and inviting someone like her on this show in the first place (I mean no one is really shocked that this happened with Corinne involved). I think or for not either stopping the filming of oral sex or stopping it in the first place if something seemed odd or out of place. I know they've showed quick clips of people having sex on the show before but at the same time, they were either under the covers or in a pool/ocean. Were they seriously going to show a clip of them having oral sex? Probably not--that would be considered too raunchy for tv. So from a production POV, I don't even get why they allowed it to continue.

All that is to say that the two do not have to be mutually exclusive. You can find areas where ALL parties involved were at fault in some shape or form. I can't say that production wasn't looking forward to Corinne's wild behavior in casting her in the first place, and in some way, that's super messed up because I'm sure they were or would've been willing to exploit her to an extent to get such raunchy footage. Not necessarily hard to believe. JMO blame could be placed all around.

I agree. I don't see why it needs to be either or, I mean that either Corinne is lying and she was fine with everything and the producers did nothing wrong, or that she was assaulted on camera. I think the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle and everyone made their share of mistakes.

This show should not be casting people with obvious drinking problems just so they can exploit them, yet they do, time and time again. Lace admitted herself she had a problem after Ben's season and said she's trying to change and what does the show do? Beg her to come to Paradise and encourage her drinking and then let her frolic with another cast member with obvious (IMO) drinking and anger issues even after things turn ugly. AND then after all kinds of off season nastiness that ensued, they sprung him on her on HEA, which she clearly found distressing. If they cared about anyone's well-being they would not have cast her (or him) again.

Corinne also has obvious drinking problems IMO. She was constantly drunk on Nick's season and got so "tired" she had to "take naps" during rose ceremonies and cocktail parties. She's a mess and they know it, which is precisely why they begged her to come to Paradise. We all know what they were expecting IMO, so I can't in good conscience pretend like her out of control behaviour came as a surprise to them. I suspect they were all about it until the complaint was filed, not trying in any way to stop it or even discourage it. I find it pretty sickening, so I'm glad it came back to bite them in the azz. JMO.

I don't know if I believe that latest DM article any more than the previous one. It sounds more believable, but it could very well have been written by anyone who's read what RS posted on his site. IF it's somewhat true, then I could see Shelby having been told that she could work on Corinne's show and her freaking out about it now being in jeopardy, so she filed the complaint thinking it would stop the footage (or any of it) being aired. Then WB took it more seriously than she expected and the whole thing was suspended. That doesn't mean Corinne's lying about her black out though and I find it strange how the sources keep insinuating she's lying because she was acting normal around Demario the next day. If you don't remember something then it's hardly going to affect your behaviour in the present. Some of the earlier reports said she only found out when other cast members started telling her about it, which makes sense to me. That could be upsetting to her even if she's used to acting wild. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:31 am

All these mentions of C getting her own show have been nagging at me. I seem to remember reading something several months ago that she was in talks to get her own show.  So I went searching.  Took looking through a few google search pages to find it, but I did.  Not sure about the source but my point is that this rumor has been out there for awhile.  Article dated Feb 2, 2017 before she was even off TB in the TV airing of Nick's season.

Corinne Show Rumor

So now I'm thinking... was appearing on BIP a requirement for this to possibly happen?

All JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 pm

gurlbrit wrote:I have a "devil's advocate" question.  Would we be sticking up for either of the two proponents if either of them had gotten "smashed" and driven; had an accident and ruined someone else's life?  I don't think so.  As a 21 year old I knew what my alcohol limits were and never exceeded them again (after getting smashed on my 21st birthday).  

As an adult if Corinne or DeMario for that matter had committed a crime they would have been left to face their accusers and if severe enough imprisoned for their crime (Paris Hilton).  It's about time we stopped raising our children to believe that the world owes them something and that nothing they do is without consequence.  It's not up to TPTB to stop Corinne or DeMario from drinking themselves stupid, it's up to the adult themselves to do that.

As much as TPTB hated JPG he didn't drink and I don't think we had any "drunken" moments during his season.  Alcoholism ran in my DH's family and I watched my DH's parent absolve himself of all responsibility for his "drinking problem".

This obviously is my own opinion, and I'm totally sick and tired of watching people not take responsibility for their own actions.

@gurlbrit I agree word score :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:49 pm

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/06/15/bachelor-in-paradise-cast-member-saw-corinne-demario-hooking-up/

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:04 pm

Kashathediva wrote:. In this case, the nuts were in plain view and she grabbed handful after handful and ate them.
What has to be reviewed is if anyone said--"Should you be eating nuts? Slow down on those nuts. Stop with the nuts already." and what the responses to that were.
Eh they are all mixed nuts, IMO.

Okay .... nuts, huh!
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by whateva Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm still confused at who Corrine is claiming allegations against. If these allegations are against Demario, how on earth can she possibly "cool" and on "good terms" with her supposed sexual assaulter? That doesn't make sense to me. If these allegations are against production, saying things like "I did not consent" and "I am a victim" is extremely damaging to Demario's life IMO. She needs to be careful with her words and say more things like "Demario and I are victims." If she really is claiming allegations against productions, she sounds really selfish with her words IMO. It sounds like she is completely disregarding Demario (saying words that already HAVE damaged his image) even though he also was supposedly drunk.

whateva

Female Posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:11 pm

truelovealways wrote:http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/06/15/bachelor-in-paradise-cast-member-saw-corinne-demario-hooking-up/

And hence the unfollows!

So now we have that story, which is pretty damaging against the victim comments, we have Demario saying he has nothing to hide, a producer who filed a complaint without seeing the actual footage, and Corinne not knowing which is up, or down, or whatever. If she's in the wrong, I would be happy with no settlement, go home, and go to therapy.

From the article.
Corinne's attorney, Marty Singer, tells TMZ ... "If nothing inappropriate happened, why did production get shut down? Something serious clearly happened."

I would think production shut down because of the nature of the complaint? and rightly so IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm sure the attorney knows that production would be shut down to investigate the allegations, and to prevent anything further from happening - if anything happened. Just because it's shut down doesn't mean there was any wrongdoing. I'm guessing he's saying that to insinuate there was a "crime" and to get people on their side if it goes to trial or they try to reach a settlement.

ETA - IMO

Also, I get the feeling that this whole mess is Corrine trying to backtrack to save face with the "alleged" boyfriend back home. IMO
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:28 pm

I have no pity for Corrine. There were multiple witnesses to this event, many of whom have spoken to the media. Every single one has said that Corrine is lying, was the aggressor, and was a coherent and willing participant throughout the encounter. The producer who filed the complaint is Corinne's best friend and reportedly didn't see anything firsthand, but after hearing about it, decided that Corrine had embarrassed herself and filed a complaint to stop the scene from airing. That complaint has snowballed into a sexual assault investigation, with Corrine's full cooperation.

What Corrine reportedly did to DeMario (getting naked and forcing him into a public sexual encounter in the pool) is almost identical to what she did to Nick on his season of the Bachelor. Of course, in that situation, she had nothing to gain from falsely accusing him of sexually assaulting her afterwards.

So far, all accounts seem to show that Corrine initiated a sexual encounter with a man, felt embarrassed about her behavior afterwards and saw an opportunity for a huge payout, and released a public statement implying that he r*ped her. She is despicable and I hope both DeMario and ABC pursue serious legal action against her when the tapes reveal (and I have no doubt that they will) that she is lying.
tiger
tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 4 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - 2

+102
stuckinsc
Em27
nikikass
TheWrongReasons
Southerngal