SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Screencaps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Screencaps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion  - Page 73 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Screencaps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Emayem Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Then I would wonder why they even bother with a late push for the very nice ex-hockeyroo underdog. A lot of people aren't connecting with Laura, so if they didn't want to pee off fans, they should have gone for someone like Elora up against her in the end.

Emayem

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Screencaps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion  - Page 73 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Screencaps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Bobette Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 pm

ssin0547 wrote:Just a thought I had after reading your comment AAL. I think there's a big possibility that this season, they're giving us the straight up Matty/Laura love story because they don't want to pee us off like they did with Richie's season. I don't think they want to pee us off because I think they're banking heavily on Sophie's season to really bring it home ratings wise. I just got that feeling after Sophie's promo and while trying to figure out what they're doing this season.

I blame myself.  

After feeling like I had not been shown the love story between Lee and Georgia (and other internationals last year) I remember posting that I didn't care for a suspenseful ending, I just wanted to see the LOVE.  Seems the producers heard me and gave me exactly what I asked for.  It must have been because I complained in BOLD CAPS, the most powerful of fonts.  

Sorry everyone. cantstopl
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Bobette wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:Just a thought I had after reading your comment AAL. I think there's a big possibility that this season, they're giving us the straight up Matty/Laura love story because they don't want to pee us off like they did with Richie's season. I don't think they want to pee us off because I think they're banking heavily on Sophie's season to really bring it home ratings wise. I just got that feeling after Sophie's promo and while trying to figure out what they're doing this season.

I blame myself.  

After feeling like I had not been shown the love story between Lee and Georgia (and other internationals last year) I remember posting that I didn't care for a suspenseful ending, I just wanted to see the LOVE.  Seems the producers heard me and gave me exactly what I asked for.  It must have been because I complained in BOLD CAPS, the most powerful of fonts.  

hehehe @Bobette you always make me laugh laugh out loud Quick question though IMO we don't have Laura getting a 2nd SD till when exactly?? or does she even get one?? Maybe this is the reason she is crying at the cocktail party????
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:23 pm

ITA with what you're saying there @ssin0547 There was talk that GEorgia's seasons ratings were down because people were annoyed by Richie's ending, and burnt out, as opposed to Sam Woods season where it finished on a high, and rolled into a high rating Bette season for Sam Frost, so they want to replicate that for Sophie's season.

So this season parallels Sam Woods with Snez/Laura there from the beginning, and always on the radar, Heather/Tara as the early season distraction and comic relief to go out before the finale, and Lana/Elise as the late season intruder/dark horse that no one has enough time to get attached to, so we're not too bothered when they get dumped at the end.

It even matches that the only reason we know about Elise is the leaked production photos of her big date, because we all know those are production shots not pap shots, likewise there were a lot of leaked shots of Lana before she had even arrived on the show to lay the groundwork for her appearance, and that she goes far. All this is IMO, of course.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 pm

LeapofFaith wrote:
Bobette wrote:

I blame myself.  

hehehe  @Bobette you always make me laugh laugh out loud  Quick question though IMO we don't have Laura getting a 2nd SD till when exactly??  or does she even get one?? Maybe this is the reason she is crying at the cocktail party????

She has at least one more date or SQT, the kissing in the strappy dress with the damn poles in the background.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:
Bobette wrote:

I blame myself.  

hehehe  @Bobette you always make me laugh laugh out loud  Quick question though IMO we don't have Laura getting a 2nd SD till when exactly??  or does she even get one?? Maybe this is the reason she is crying at the cocktail party????

She has at least one more date or SQT, the kissing in the strappy dress with the damn poles in the background.

Those poles will be the end of me cantstopl JK
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Emayem wrote:Then I would wonder why they even bother with a late push for the very nice ex-hockeyroo underdog. A lot of people aren't connecting with Laura, so if they didn't want to pee off fans, they should have gone for someone like Elora up against her in the end.

I ask myself the same question over and over again, but the producers have messed with my head dizzy
IMO the producers want to add suspense, or channel 10 wouldn't have spent a fortune stopping the photos of the final two being published. To keep viewers guessing I don't know why the producers don't push Tara or Lisa as the F2. Both girls are well liked by the public. Why bring Elise from nowhere to make her end up F2? The general public won't care and I can't see the ratings being high.
The other interesting fact is the general public don't like Laura. This was also the case with Alex and hence the 'shock' ending when Richie chose her (and we know how their relationship has ended up). If the producers use Tara to fill Nikki's place then it is more like a Richie edit and again the 'shock' factor.
The other thing I question is the conversation Matty had with Osher in the first episode. It was totally scripted and therefore IMO important. Matty said he believes in love at first conversation. The first conversation he had with Laura was IMO awkward. Going by Matty's reaction he has no intention of going to India. The conversation with Elora consisted of Elora laughing in-between a few legitimate words that were far from personal or meaningful. IMO Matty seemed awkward with her. I think Tara's conversation was more like the Matty from GL's season. Cobie's conversation to me was forgettable, but she did write him a poem hmmm
I have no idea what the deal is with Elise, but I will say this, I am still waiting for the 'light-bulb' conversation to happen with Matty.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Did we even see Elise talk to Matty's sister Kate?  Didn't she ask then if they have had a date?  I don't remember seeing the two of them talk on that episode unless i have a really bad memory.  Maybe she has already had a date and the editing has made us think otherwise?

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:15 pm

dolcimumma wrote:Did we even see Elise talk to Matty's sister Kate?  Didn't she ask then if they have had a date?  I don't remember seeing the two of them talk on that episode unless i have a really bad memory.  Maybe she has already had a date and the editing has made us think otherwise?

@dolcimumma I don't believe they showed anything regarding Elise with Kate....the entire season can just be named #whoels at this point since somehow Elise pops up in the storyline yet the general audience for the most part has no clue who she is...jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeppy Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:42 pm

If they are giving us a love story, they sure are doing a very good job of making Laura as unlikeable as possible.

They've given her the Alex/Richie edit.

Although, you can't really "edit" someone's harsh, abrasive personality. That's all her.

Skeppy

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Storybook wrote:
Emayem wrote:Then I would wonder why they even bother with a late push for the very nice ex-hockeyroo underdog. A lot of people aren't connecting with Laura, so if they didn't want to pee off fans, they should have gone for someone like Elora up against her in the end.

I ask myself the same question over and over again, but the producers have messed with my head  dizzy
IMO the producers want to add suspense, or channel 10 wouldn't have spent a fortune stopping the photos of the final two being published. To keep viewers guessing I don't know why the producers don't push Tara or Lisa as the F2. Both girls are well liked by the public. Why bring Elise from nowhere to make her end up F2? The general public won't care and I can't see the ratings being high.
The other interesting fact is the general public don't like Laura. This was also the case with Alex and hence the 'shock' ending when Richie chose her (and we know how their relationship has ended up). If the producers use Tara to fill Nikki's place then it is more like a Richie edit and again the 'shock' factor.
The other thing I question is the conversation Matty had with Osher in the first episode. It was totally scripted and therefore IMO important. Matty said he believes in love at first conversation. The first conversation he had with Laura was IMO awkward. Going by Matty's reaction he has no intention of going to India. The conversation with Elora consisted of Elora laughing in-between a few legitimate words that were far from personal or meaningful. IMO Matty seemed awkward with her. I think Tara's conversation was more like the Matty from GL's season. Cobie's  conversation to me was forgettable, but she did write him a poem hmmm
I have no idea what the deal is with Elise, but I will say this, I am still waiting for the 'light-bulb' conversation to happen with Matty.

IMO, I don't know that I would take Matty's line "love at first conversation" too literally, I think that is really just a manufactured line to freshen and change up 'love at first sight' to something a little more intellectual for a modern audience, and give a little pointer to what he is really looking for in a partner. Matty and Laura did have a slightly awkward first conversation, but after that their conversation generally flows a lot more easier and they seem, IMO, the best-matched in intellectual terms. I totally agree with you about Elora - she just seems to giggle relentlessly with very little meaningful conversation in between. They don't seem to have much to say to each other! Tara is fun, chatty and girly but overall for me she just lacks the maturity that I think Matty would enjoy in real life conversation away from the cameras. Elise appears a lot more mature and I would expect their conversation to flow very easily and to be of more substance, which is perhaps why she may be F2. Or F1 for that matter!
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 pm

I would actually be impressed if Elora doesn't make F4 over someone like Tara because IMO those two had better convos etc. Maybe Matty does actually use his head when thinking about love which would be a pleasant surprise.

Part of the feel good factor of Snez was they also made sure the audience knew and understood their problems, in fact they had a whole ad dedicated to major chemistry but major (geo) problems. if Laura get none of that it will be surprising because they'll be no barriers.

Last edited by brownravens on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Screencaps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+37
ssin0547
Katiebelle
Dirty Street Pie
natik
spangler
Billysmom
solaroo
dolcimumma
AprilApril
Bumbleguild
Enough