SELECT CONTENT

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Page 13 of 50 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by appiah01 Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Alanna wrote:Yeah I get the edit argument; however, they cannot edit in a grown 37 yo old man calling things a fairytale and telling this woman he loves her on their first date. Plus, we already somewhat heard that this has happened to him before: borderline "love at first sight" until Mom put the kibosh on it for whatever reason.

I'm always cautious of contestants who show up desperate to fall in the love with the lead, regardless of who she is imo. And I know the Shawn B reference might come up here so my reply to that is Shawn wanted Kaitlyn, full stop, not whoever was the Ette. Totally different to me: he fell in love with Kait seeing her on tv previously and already started snapping to friends that she's his laugh out loud Bryan was nominated as o understand it and watching him with R, imo, he would be the exact same with any lead.

Maybe it'll work out for them, I don't know, she certainly seems very happy and loved up now. So things seem to be going well.

Oh trust me, I think Bryan is super cheesy and loves to be in love- I just don't hold it against him because everyone has their quirks and corny moments. Now, I don't take "I'm falling in love with you" to be the same as "I'm in love with you" but I definitely get your point. He seems super ready at this point so he's jumping the gun and going 100% all in without necessarily thinking. He seems like an emotion-led guy as opposed to being more cerebral about matters of the heart which makes him Peter's polar opposite in that regard. The editing discussion is really more responsive to people who say all they do is kiss. Listen, if they are kissing for >6 hrs that they are on these dates, give them the Guinness Record because most people come up for air and to refuel at least. I think Rachel is generally more thoughtful in matters of the heart so it's nice for her to be 100% in the moment and swept up in passion. It doesn't mean they aren't compatible; just they haven't established a relationship that we've seen on the show that necessarily screams long term love. But to me passion in the context of the show is not the worst place to start. Whether they go the distance is really up to them and what they discover about each other after all the hoopla dies down.

I must admit, I insta-stalked him a bit this morning and he seems like a nice, family-oriented, guy who loves his job (and the people who work for him), ADORES his parents, and believes he is "blessed" and "highly favored" (which leads me to believe he is at least somewhat religious).

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:34 pm

@appaiah01, loooooove your post!!! I see so much of what you posted too, maybe with a touch different flavor but overall, you're speaking my language laugh out loud. Awesome.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:13 pm

officeRules wrote:
composer53 wrote:On a different note, I've been watching their interactions from the first.  I've noticed that it looks like Bryan is drinking water when everyone else is drinking wine or other liquor.  Anyone else notice this?

I noticed this in the very beginning too!  Do we have any screenshots of him with a wine glass?  It always looks like he has water or pop.

I have noticed this too. Maybe he doesn't drink alcohol. During Rachel and Bryan's 1on1, she drank from her wine glass and he drank from his water glass.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by gisellexlopez Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
officeRules wrote:
composer53 wrote:On a different note, I've been watching their interactions from the first.  I've noticed that it looks like Bryan is drinking water when everyone else is drinking wine or other liquor.  Anyone else notice this?

I noticed this in the very beginning too!  Do we have any screenshots of him with a wine glass?  It always looks like he has water or pop.

I have noticed this too.  Maybe he doesn't drink alcohol.  During Rachel and Bryan's 1on1, she drank from her wine glass and he drank from his water glass.  

I also noticed but I think he does drink probably just not on this date. I've seen him with other drinks in his hand at other times during the show. I did notice that the night he was out with Will & Josiah he didn't join them taking shots and he was drinking beer while they were drinking har liquor. Maybe just a beer preference or maybe not a heavy drinker who knows laugh out loud

gisellexlopez

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Perhaps he learned from getting tipsy on the Ellen date that he needed to keep it in check? Good for him.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Dessler wrote:I am not sure how it works in America but where I am from anyone with a doctorate degree can refer to themselves as the title "Dr." . Professors, scientist, philosophers, medical personnels and so on are commonly referred to as doctors.

Doctor is an academic title that originates from the Latin word of the same spelling and meaning.This use spread around the world with European universities. Contracted "Dr" or "Dr.", it is used as a designation for a person who has obtained a research doctorate (e.g. PhD). In many parts of the world it is also used by medical practitioners, regardless of whether or not they hold a doctoral-level degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_(title)

My hubby and I are both PhDs. We don't want to be called Dr. I did make a pompous MD call me Dr when he talked down to me like an idiot.

Having attended and taught at a medical and dental school, the students are encouraged to use Dr. when addressing those with doctorate degrees. It is done primarily for patient comfort. Your average person feels better when they hear the term Dr. I actually had to correct my students before I finished my PhD that I was not Dr. I had not earned the title yet. BTW, every Chiropracteur I know goes by Dr. I would bet they are taught to use the title in school as well.

mysthelma wrote:I feel bad for the hate Bryan is getting on SM when he has been nothing but kind, affectionate and loving granted OTP and respectful to Rachel. Like are we watching the same show....Good thing he has been very mature about it and he seems to not focus on it or let it get to him, but am sure it must be tough..IMO

quietpal wrote:I find it interesting that Bryan is talked about so much (i.e. too aggressive, slick) and there's not much talk of how Rachel's acting towards him. Ftr, I like Rachel as the lead and I like their relationship, but I've seen a few scenes where she's aggressively kisses him. On the HTD, she does the monkey jump with him. I don't hear any talk about her being too aggressive. She used the word fairytale when talking about their recent date. Is she talking in cliches too? Just find all this interesting.

I personally think Bryan and Rachel speak each other's love languages. Some women would not have liked the early first kiss, Rachel wanted more. He gets her and she gets him. I didn't understand the Kaitlyn and Shawn connection for a long time, but now I see they just get each other. I hope the same is true of Rachel and Bryan. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:14 pm

@stuckinsc IA. This is why I think out of all the guys, Bryan was the best match for her based on what you just said. IMO

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:51 pm

gisellexlopez wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:
officeRules wrote:

I have noticed this too.  Maybe he doesn't drink alcohol.  During Rachel and Bryan's 1on1, she drank from her wine glass and he drank from his water glass.  

I also noticed but I think he does drink probably just not on this date. I've seen him with other drinks in his hand at other times during the show. I did notice that the night he was out with Will & Josiah he didn't join them taking shots and he was drinking beer while they were drinking har liquor. Maybe just a beer preference or maybe not a heavy drinker who knows laugh out loud

It might be an age thing. He may have been a total partier in college and just simply outgrew the whole heavy drinking thing. So at this point in his life he'll have a beer, maybe a glass of hard liquor here and there but it's not a big thing anymore because it's like been there, done that. My sister is like that. Girl loved her booze in college. Did beer crawls, had many a wasted weekend nights. However by her late 20's, early 30's she just got over it and now at 40, I think she maybe has a glass of wine or one beer a year. Stuff like that just sometimes gets old for some people.

Regarding whether or not Bryan would pursue any woman the same, as long as she was the Bachelorette, I will say that while I don't necessarily believe he came onto the show specifically for Rachel or half in love with her, I think part of his approach is in response to her specifically being the lead. Let me explain. I think Bryan and Rachel were in complete lust at first sight from the first rose ceremony. I think that's obvious. You just don't face tongue each other the way those two did that night if you're not seriously attracted to the other person.

It's actually why whenever people would mention Bryan not being genuine, my first thought was always, "Oh I firmly believe he genuinely wants to have sex with Rachel". I see no fakery on that score. And I think that mutual lust and immediate passionate attraction has dictated how their relationship has developed on the show. In other words, I don't think Bryan would be the same with any other Bachelorette lead because I don't think any lead would react and respond the same way to him that Rachel did. And he would know that.

I don't think Bryan is stupid or some perv who just tries to french kiss women who don't want him to kiss them. So in other words, if the lead was someone who wasn't feeling him the way Rachel clearly did, I believe his approach would have been different and we'd be seeing a completely different type of relationship. Hell he might have ended up being a MOT guy. But the fact is that's not what happened. Right out of the gate with his limo exit speech, Rachel was eating up what he was serving and he could tell she was. Bryan went in for the kiss with Rachel because he clearly saw signs that she wouldn't mind. And not only did she not mind, she met him passion for passion.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:10 pm

lleyki wrote:

Regarding whether or not Bryan would pursue any woman the same, as long as she was the Bachelorette, I will say that while I don't necessarily believe he came onto the show specifically for Rachel or half in love with her, I think part of his approach is in response to her specifically being the lead. Let me explain. I think Bryan and Rachel were in complete lust at first sight from the first rose ceremony. I think that's obvious. You just don't face tongue each other the way those two did that night if you're not seriously attracted to the other person.

It's actually why whenever people would mention Bryan not being genuine, my first thought was always, "Oh I firmly believe he genuinely wants to have sex with Rachel". I see no fakery on that score. And I think that mutual lust and immediate passionate attraction has dictated how their relationship has developed on the show. In other words, I don't think Bryan would be the same with any other Bachelorette lead because I don't think any lead would react and respond the same way to him that Rachel did. And he would know that.

I don't think Bryan is stupid or some perv who just tries to french kiss women who don't want him to kiss them. So in other words, if the lead was someone who wasn't feeling him the way Rachel clearly did, I believe his approach would have been different and we'd be seeing a completely different type of relationship. Hell he might have ended up being a MOT guy. But the fact is that's not what happened. Right out of the gate with his limo exit speech, Rachel was eating up what he was serving and he could tell she was. Bryan went in for the kiss with Rachel because he clearly saw signs that she wouldn't mind. And not only did she not mind, she met him passion for passion.

@lleyki *standing ovation*. :claphands
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:04 pm

I don't think he ever would have been a mot or that his material would have failed with any Ette. That's the point of his behavior imo, it works on the majority of women and he would have been f1, and basically he has been imo. Basically ever Ette has chosen Bryan and rachel did as well. All imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Where's Bryan? No IG story today.
Are you traveling Bryan? Rachel is in LA. Time for SHV?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Alanna wrote:I don't think he ever would have been a mot or that his material would have failed with any Ette. That's the point of his behavior imo, it works on the majority of women and he would have been f1, and basically he has been imo. Basically ever Ette has chosen Bryan and rachel did as well. All imo.
Every Bachelorette may have chosen alpha types but even among the alpha men there are differences. I don't see Bryan clicking with all the other bachelorettes but he definitely clicked with Rachel. Some may not have liked his kissing style, his looks, his voice, his age, or anything superficial really. He is lucky he connected with Rachel instantly night one and they have hit it off and vice versa.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 50 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

+82
luv2laugh
twinkle73
whit90
Maddy
gurlbrit