SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 46 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:36 am

I thought Matty as a contestant was far better than Matty as a lead. I think he handled the first episode just fine. It was the SDs that started to show me that Matty can't be a lead like Sam Wood. It was so awkward to watch. Even with Lisa, where there was no GL talk, it was still awkward to me and Matty pretending he couldn't play tennis, hitting the ball into the net so he could be "close" to Lisa. Like what? The GD was the same to me. Matty also uses the same lines/words over and over. I noticed even his line about what he is looking for post-show is what he used in his first SD. Seems like a script/line he is following rather than anything else.

I wasn't a fan of Sam Wood but no doubt to me Sam was a fantastic lead who really could lead and hold conversation in a way that brought out each contestant. Matty is not even close to how great a lead Sam was imo. He comes across so young. And it's not even just Matty. I felt the same for Richie who I was a fan of and how great a contestant he was, Richie couldn't lead either and was even worse. I just don't think the returnee male contestants for the AU show are suited for being the lead. They both seem awkward and like they are still contestants more than leads. I hope they go back to casting newcomers for leads. Tim, Blake (yep, even him), Sam... Those have always been the best leads/seasons IMO.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Hearts_And_Roses Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:42 am

It concerns me a little that Laura has opened herself up to the comparison with GL a little bit as well. She obviously watched last season, so why answer with this...

How do you plan on winning over the Bachelor's heart?
“With my terrible puns and dance moves.”

She must know they have a similar look. Wouldn't you steer away from it knowing how massively into puns GL is? And I'm yet to see a pun from her, so unless she unleashes them Wednesday night, it's all a bit too forced. I do like her, but I'm not digging this.
All JMO
Hearts_And_Roses
Hearts_And_Roses

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:45 am

I expect Matty to really come alive with Laura, Cobie, Tara, Flo and Elise and his personality to shine through now that he has a couple of dates for practice to get used to the rhythm. Elora's date wasnt that bad IMO but the GL convo was awkward sauce IMO.

The pic that Lisa posted of her and Matty on the tennis court;he looked like he was for real infatuated with her or something, boy looked dazed IMO laugh out loud....he will snap outta it though IMO  giggling

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:54 am

@Hearts_And_Roses I noticed that too. It's very odd. Almost like Laura wants to be seen as GL 2.0. Perhaps to her she thinks that since Matty loved G then it is in her favor to have similarities. I dunno. The whole theme is strange. jmo

@mercieme I hope Matty gets better. I don't know though and would rather keep my expectations low (I learnt that from Richie) when it comes to contestants as lead. I may not be a fan of Matty but that's not why I don't think Matty is great lead like past newcomers, Sam Wood especially. I can be objective enough to have stated the same about Richie who I was a huge fan of. I wasn't a fan of Sam Wood but he definitely could lead. SamW just knew who he was and was excellent at being able to create different dialogue and not use the same words. I think it's rare for a contestant to shine as a contestant and also shine as a lead. I think Sam Frost is the only rare exception who managed to do both. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:55 am

Hearts_And_Roses wrote:It concerns me a little that Laura has opened herself up to the comparison with GL a little bit as well. She obviously watched last season, so why answer with this...

How do you plan on winning over the Bachelor's heart?
“With my terrible puns and dance moves.”

She must know they have a similar look. Wouldn't you steer away from it knowing how massively into puns GL is? And I'm yet to see a pun from her, so unless she unleashes them Wednesday night, it's all a bit too forced. I do like her, but I'm not digging this.
All JMO

I totally agree - It's weird to me that she chose to say this, and even weirder they chose to print it.  It's as though they really wanted to hammer the point home, in case people missed the similarity.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Hearts_And_Roses Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:11 am

I'm more than fine with Matty as a lead, especially when he takes the shirt off  :fanningfan :yes: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 46 1710264613

IMO he is really quick on his feet and great at bantering with whatever the girls bring. Example, when Tara called him mate and he ran with it yelling out seeya buddy. I also love his lack of poker face. Example when ribbon girl kept twirling to the front door, Matty responded with 'and she's still going', and he left us with no doubt what he thought of hand-on-heart 'let's stare at each other for a minute' girl or Leah ruffling his hair.

IA that his date with Elora got awkward, but I think that's because she was so intent on wanting to kiss him she wasn't offering up much chat, and he didn't want to pash so it all became a bit awks. IMO his dates that are less based on the physical attraction and more based on the personality connections will be much more fun to watch. I don't see Elora making top 4 based on this, their only connection is physical. JMO
Hearts_And_Roses
Hearts_And_Roses

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:19 am

IA about the first night M&G, Tara calling him mate, ribbon girl, etc. I think Matty does great in those type of scenarios. I'll have to see more of his one on ones because those are seriously lacking so far IMO. And that's what the show is mostly about after the MOTs leave.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:20 am

I agree @Hearts_And_Roses and I think that whole awkward conversation with Elora was deliberately orchestrated by TPTB on the first date to "get it out of the way" and establish that Matty is ready to move on.  I hope that's the last we hear of it.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:27 am

I read an excellent article about how Matty might not make a good bachelor (I can't remember who wrote it). It made some excellent points about how being one of the men on the bachelorette is completely different to playing the starring role. I love Matty and I believe I can make an unbiased post Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 46 1f600 As has been mentioned in a previous post Matty is at his best when he is goofing around. He tried to show Georgia his serious side but to me it seemed fake, and not the true Matty.
To me Matty is putting on a performance. Like has been said, he repeats things and his conversation is awkward. IMO in the video of his playing hockey with Elise he does seem happy. I'm waiting for the drama queens to leave, (who to me are the focus of the show at present) and for Matty to show who he really is - the big kid who loves adventure (as does Elise) and having a good laugh.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:39 am

I agree with you in principle @Storybook but when I first saw that BTS footage of Matty & Elise playing hockey it just seemed to me like they were hamming it up for the cameras, and I'm afraid to say I didn't see much chemistry.  

There is even one bit where they fall to the ground and she's got her hand on his chest and it would have been the perfect opportunity to kiss IMO and she just looks away.  I can bring the video over if anyone's interested to see if they agree.

All the BTS footage had me convinced Laura would be F1, just from the way he looks at her and behaves around her.  And then on night 1 she got what I think is the meet & greet F1 edit, plus all the spoilers and various sleuthing clues.

So it's still Laura F1 for me but I do look forward to actually seeing Elise on screen.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:42 am

Everyone sees things differently. They were in a public park. Maybe neither felt comfortable on the first date to kiss in public. The laughter and banter between them is genuine IMO. Only time will tell if Matty likes the hockey date as much as I think he does.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:53 am

Punkee's Episode 2 Recap....i can't imaging what they are going to do with Laura's on Episdoe 3 after that GL 2.0 skit parody they did on Episoe 1....quite hilarious though.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+29
Blacket03
Emayem
Billysmom
Zaynab
peanutbutter
AprilApril
Skeppy
SugarAndSpice
Just Looking
brownravens
ElonM