SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by brownravens Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:07 am

@Emayem IA I think her intention was definitely to minimise the other 2 connections and I think that speaks volumes about her character. It shows a sore winner at best and sour grapes at worst. I think her attitude is  very strange if she's F1 - she can't stand to talk about other connections yet she's watching the show in it's entirety and even weirder she has gone back and watched Bachelorette Season 2. What!?!?!

Last edited by brownravens on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by Emayem Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:12 am

@brownravens I think the fact that she went back and watched the Bachelorette is even wierder now that you can see how insecure she was about other girls connections with Matty. Why watch him fall in love with another woman?!

Emayem

Back to top Go down

Post by Schnitty4lyf Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:16 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Regardless of the tone of what may be said in an interview, I still don't see that making any difference considering even Alex (whom the media hated and had a terrible edit) still said very kind and gracious things about the other girls in her written interviews. I didn't even care for Alex, but she was a gracious and a class act in how kind and self-deprecating she was in her media interviews.

jmo

IMO Laura has said some lovely things about the other girls, particularly in her Popsugar interview. I know some took issue with the 'perfect on paper' comment about Elise, but she also called her a 'beautiful soul'. I'm in no way trying to drag Elise because I absolutely love her too, but if one wanted to one could interpret her comments about Laura in her Popsugar interview as less than favourable - 'fun-loving' and 'outgoing' could easily be interpreted as 'superficial' and 'loud', neither particularly complimentary.

*Just for the record I don't interpret Elise's comments in that way because I think she is lovely and genuine, I'm just suggesting that one could.*

I know I am guilty of looking for the best in Laura, but I also think that she gets asked some tricky questions by the media sometimes, which leads to answers that are highly interpretable. Perhaps she doesn't answer them in the best, most tactful way like other contestants might, but I do appreciate her honesty. jmo

Laura Popsugar
Elise Popsugar

*EDIT* I love all three of the final girls and think any one of them could make Matty very happy. I do love Laura and sometimes feel the need to defend her because she doesn't get a lot of love, but I by no means intend to devalue anyone else's opinion, we are all entitled to think what we think, and interpret what we interpret! I just like to justify how I read Laura and why I like Laura, to contrast against other's opinions and make for interesting debates.

Last edited by Schnitty4lyf on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Schnitty4lyf
Schnitty4lyf

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:26 am

brownravens wrote:@Emayem IA I think her intention was definitely to minimise the other 2 connections and I think that speaks volumes about her character. It shows a sore winner at best and sour grapes at worst. I think her attitude is  very strange if she's F1 - she can't stand to talk about other connections yet she's watching the show in it's entirety and even weirder she has gone back and watched Bachelorette Season 2. What!?!?!

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that. So weird! dizzy  jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:33 am

Not to mention Laura ' s IG post about running away from the mansion. I would think if she was the F1, it would have been a wonderful experience that she would treasure. Hmmm... scratch dizzy
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:56 am

I have been looking at lauras comments thinking she is the f2... so maybe that's why i feel for her, however i have actually found her quite funny and very honest... which IMO is refreshing.. Matty can't go wrong with his f3 all lovely girls and he is one bloody lucky guy. jmo
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:59 am

Laura has no more tricky questions asked of her than Alex had and yet Alex was always gracious in her answers imo which I don't see with Laura. Plus, Laura is far far better off in edit, SM/Media imo than Alex ever was and yet Alex, despite all the relentless hate she got, still was more gracious than Laura has been. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:22 am

Emayem wrote:@brownravens I think the fact that she went back and watched the Bachelorette is even wierder now that you can see how insecure she was about other girls connections with Matty. Why watch him fall in love with another woman?!

Actually, if Laura is the insecure type I think this makes perfect sense.

Self-assured people who are confident in their relationships IMO don't feel the need to know everything about their partner's previous relationships. They accept that everyone has a past and that those relationships ended for a reason.

On the other hand, IMO people who are insecure and prone to jealousy, or are competitive with other women, are the ones who get fixated on past relationships, stalk ex-girlfriends on social media etc. So if your bf was on a TV show....

JMO
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:40 am

Schnitty4lyf wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Regardless of the tone of what may be said in an interview, I still don't see that making any difference considering even Alex (whom the media hated and had a terrible edit) still said very kind and gracious things about the other girls in her written interviews. I didn't even care for Alex, but she was a gracious and a class act in how kind and self-deprecating she was in her media interviews.

jmo

IMO Laura has said some lovely things about the other girls, particularly in her Popsugar interview. I know some took issue with the 'perfect on paper' comment about Elise, but she also called her a 'beautiful soul'. I'm in no way trying to drag Elise because I absolutely love her too, but if one wanted to one could interpret her comments about Laura in her Popsugar interview as less than favourable - 'fun-loving' and 'outgoing' could easily be interpreted as 'superficial' and 'loud', neither particularly complimentary.

*Just for the record I don't interpret Elise's comments in that way because I think she is lovely and genuine, I'm just suggesting that one could.*

I know I am guilty of looking for the best in Laura, but I also think that she gets asked some tricky questions by the media sometimes, which leads to answers that are highly interpretable. Perhaps she doesn't answer them in the best, most tactful way like other contestants might, but I do appreciate her honesty. jmo

Laura Popsugar
Elise Popsugar

*EDIT* I love all three of the final girls and think any one of them could make Matty very happy. I do love Laura and sometimes feel the need to defend her because she doesn't get a lot of love, but I by no means intend to devalue anyone else's opinion, we are all entitled to think what we think, and interpret what we interpret! I just like to justify how I read Laura and why I like Laura, to contrast against other's opinions and make for interesting debates.

Agree @Schnitty4lyf . Looking at Laura's interviews on the whole she has said incredibly nice and gracious things about the other girls, and on more than one occasion. IMO focusing on the odd cherry-picked comment that appears ambiguous (whether it was intended that way or not) does her a bit of a disservice.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:42 am

Bobette wrote:
Emayem wrote:@brownravens I think the fact that she went back and watched the Bachelorette is even wierder now that you can see how insecure she was about other girls connections with Matty. Why watch him fall in love with another woman?!

Self-assured people who are confident in their relationships IMO don't feel the need to know everything about their partner's previous relationships.  They accept that everyone has a past and that those relationships ended for a reason.  

On the other hand, IMO people who are insecure and prone to jealousy, or are competitive with other women, are the ones who get fixated on past relationships, stalk ex-girlfriends on social media etc.  So if your bf was on a TV show....

JMO

I definitely think Laura is the jealous type. She was seeing red when Elise was reading her vows to a Matty. Just go back and compare her reaction with the other girls who were watching. I'm still certain Laura is F1, but if by some miracle she isn't F1 and is F2 then her Queen of reverse parking comment is exactly what I thought it was when I first read it all those months ago. A dig at the F1. All JMO

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:47 am

Bobette wrote:

Self-assured people who are confident in their relationships IMO don't feel the need to know everything about their partner's previous relationships.  They accept that everyone has a past and that those relationships ended for a reason.  

On the other hand, IMO people who are insecure and prone to jealousy, or are competitive with other women, are the ones who get fixated on past relationships, stalk ex-girlfriends on social media etc.  So if your bf was on a TV show....

JMO

affraid If Laura is F1 and covering for her insecurities and possessiveness/jealousy then it's not gonna end well imo. It will be a constant push and pull and as long as Matty jumps when Laura says jump things will be fine. But to me that's not a relationship of reciprocity - the key for longevity imo. Anything where Laura is calling the shots may work for the short term but I think Matty will eventually lose his smile and look like he's walking on eggshells and that will be a sign of lack of long term stability. Just calling it now. jmo

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:58 am

^^^ I agree :yes:
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

+42
bondi_blonde
Mommyof2
Ash
Norcalgal
ideas_ideas
Hooked
spangler
Skeppy
Rikkim
Schnitty4lyf
carraiger