SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #4

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #4

Post by Lucas15 Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Kashathediva wrote:So after awhile the rules mean less and less unless TPTB choose to make them mean something. JMO

I think that's an apt way of putting this in plain English.

IMO it seems logical that because they have let people get away with something in the past it's OK for them (or others) to do it in the future. IMO legally though that isn't true because the legal issue is how the contract deals with the waiver clause. From what I have seen (based on Trista's contract) the clause reads something like this:

No waiver of any breach of or default under any provision hereof shall be deemed a waiver of such provision, or of any subsequent breach or default.
source

In other words, IMO the fact that the show has not enforced a clause of the contract in the past does not mean they have waived the enforceability of that clause in the future. Like you state - it doesn't mean something until the show decides that it does mean something.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #4

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:06 pm

havadrpepper wrote:I still say he is a perfect candidate to have "sister wives".  I honestly don't see him settling down with one woman.  If he does get married, IMO, he will be the one to have many affairs.  

Again, this is all IMO, but he is not the settling type.

I had high hopes for Arie but I'm no longer feeling it.

Never saw sister wives laugh out loud. If not that, there’s always the 90 day Fiancé. This will be his first crack at monogamy in a long while. I dare say it’s going to have it’s ups and downs . Hope that doesn’t affect someone with trust issues because RL hasn’t hit them yet. At least Lauren is preparing to be by his side on his turf . That may or may not be a good thing Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #4 - Page 8 3806527698 He’s amassed quite a few exes there. giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:So after awhile the rules mean less and less unless TPTB choose to make them mean something. JMO

I think that's an apt way of putting this in plain English.

IMO it seems logical that because they have let people get away with something in the past it's OK for them (or others) to do it in the future. IMO legally though that isn't true because the legal issue is how the contract deals with the waiver clause. From what I have seen (based on Trista's contract) the clause reads something like this:

No waiver of any breach of or default under any provision hereof shall be deemed a waiver of such provision, or of any subsequent breach or default.
source

In other words, IMO the fact that the show has not enforced a clause of the contract in the past does not mean they have waived the enforceability of that clause in the future. Like you state - it doesn't mean something until the show decides that it does mean something.
I know of at least one case where it meant something. A cast person was threatened with a suit and obtained an attorney. The cast person behaved the rest of the season and subsequently. 
So it could be a case of when and if the clauses take on any seriousness by production.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I know of at least one case where it meant something. A cast person was threatened with a suit and obtained an attorney. The cast person behaved the rest of the season and subsequently. 
So it could be a case of when and if the clauses take on any seriousness by production.

It's a horribly one-sided contract - the show gets everything and has unconscionable rights and the cast get's nothing. That's a legal problem the show has - if someone actually called their bluff on the contract terms I suspect they would win - after running up several hundred thousand $$ in legal fees which is probably why no one has done it. Well, almost no one.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:18 pm

http://people.com/tv/arie-luyendyk-jr-talks-biggest-bachelor-regrets-the-wrestling-date-i-was-like-turn-this-off/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

http://people.com/tv/bachelor-arie-pillow-lips-luyendyk-jr-reveals-his-go-to-kissing-tips/

Interesting that he describes Lauren as "beautiful and witty" and Becca as "solid".

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:35 pm

littlereddress wrote:http://people.com/tv/arie-luyendyk-jr-talks-biggest-bachelor-regrets-the-wrestling-date-i-was-like-turn-this-off/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

http://people.com/tv/bachelor-arie-pillow-lips-luyendyk-jr-reveals-his-go-to-kissing-tips/

Interesting that he describes Lauren as "beautiful and witty" and Becca as "solid".

Becca described as "solid"?!? Like as in reliable/dependable ??? What a slap in the face... Arie is a jerk. no no
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Rolly wrote:
littlereddress wrote:http://people.com/tv/arie-luyendyk-jr-talks-biggest-bachelor-regrets-the-wrestling-date-i-was-like-turn-this-off/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Becca described as "solid"?!? Like as in reliable/dependable ??? What a slap in the face... Arie is a jerk. no no

Not necessarily.  His celebrity crush is Kate Beckinsale and he describes her as solid also.  I think it means she is great actually. I usually think when someone describes someone as solid they mean it is hard to find fault with that person.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Solid has a lot of positive attributes--being dependable, being the whole package, being all that. 
I think it's all in how it's subjectively interpreted.
I would far prefer to be referred to as solid vs gassy.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:06 pm

littlereddress wrote:
Rolly wrote:

Not necessarily.  His celebrity crush is Kate Beckinsale and he describes her as solid also.  I think it means she is great actually.  I usually think when someone describes someone as solid they mean it is hard to find fault with that person.  

I hope that’s what he meant. My first gut reaction to “solid” isn’t great. My heart breaks for Becca and I can’t wait for her to find her special person.
Rolly
Rolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:25 pm

Solid, dude.

Definately complimentary with the beach crowd.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 pm

I think “solid” is a positive quality but I see it as a way to describe a friend or co worker not my fiancé or lover. I would hope someone you were engaged to would be described more romantically. JMO I can see how others would see it differently.
Rolly
Rolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Arie will use his blogs to rewrite his own script imo. Build Lauren up and downplay Becca. Could be because he’s trying to prove to her parents with this possibly new narrative , it was always their girl. Remember, Lauren’s dad did threaten Arie’s life if he was proved wrong :uptonogood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #4

+77
bleuberry
sun20j2001
cookielover12
sopearl
albean99