SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 26 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 10 of 68 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 39 ... 68  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 26 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 26 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:15 am

@Lucas15 I understand what you’re saying about the gag order placed on RS. When Arie did what he did or was going to do what he did, they knew they had a goldmine. Something they could suck the viewers in because it’s never been seen before . Therefore , they wanted to be in charge of how and when they chose to release teasers to keep viewers keyed in. Now because the spoiler is out about the switch and the gag order denied, they switch gears. In editing , they try to make sense of why and what Arie was going to . They add in even if you think you know, you don’t teasers.
My question is why did Arie do something so public that can be caught like messing around on Lauren’s IG vs secretly getting her attention ?Was he sanctioned to do that as he has handlers who would know what he did? Was Arie being stupid or calculating ?

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 26 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 26 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:35 am

Stone_Hedge wrote:@Lucas15 I understand what you’re saying about the gag order placed on RS. When Arie did what he did or was going to do what he did, they knew they had a goldmine. Something they could suck the viewers in because it’s never been seen before . Therefore , they wanted to be in charge of how and when they chose to release teasers to keep viewers keyed in. Now because the spoiler is out about the switch and the gag order denied, they switch gears. In editing , they try to make sense of why and what Arie was going to . They add in even if you think you know, you don’t teasers.
My question is why did Arie do something so public that can be caught like messing around on Lauren’s IG vs secretly getting her attention ?Was he sanctioned to do that as he has handlers who would know what he did? Was Arie being stupid or calculating ?

I see you're starting to see how these puzzle pieces might fit and it's a bit like how I see them possibly fitting. I don't think the IG posting was sanctioned by the show - not until the phone call to Lauren reported to have been the night of the premier (Jan 1) were things sanctioned, IMO. But GA posted a while back that John Mills (ABC Senior Vice President of Alternative Series, Specials and Late-Night Programming) regretted not getting Arie's trip to Charlotte (to give his journal with Emily) on film - so that suggests they didn't know he did that until after the fact and that he "went rogue" on them. That establishes that Arie would (and has) gone rogue for someone he loves, and I think he went rogue with those early Dec "likes".

So that takes us to "stupid" or "calculating" and it may be a little of both, IMO. Contact without approval is a breach of contract but I think Arie desperately wanted to let Lauren know that he was thinking of her and that she needed to "hang in there" and the only way he had to do that was to "Like" a few key pictures on her IG. Stupid because he took a risk by doing that but also calculating (or stupid like a fox if you will) because he could defend his actions to TPTB as being totally innocent - he only liked the labradoodle dog that Lauren had - and he gambled that they wouldn't slam him over a couple of IG likes.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 pm

@Lucas15  I agree. This is how I see it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
I see you're starting to see how these puzzle pieces might fit and it's a bit like how I see them possibly fitting. I don't think the IG posting was sanctioned by the show - not until the phone call to Lauren reported to have been the night of the premier (Jan 1) were things sanctioned, IMO. But GA posted a while back that John Mills (ABC Senior Vice President of Alternative Series, Specials and Late-Night Programming) regretted not getting Arie's trip to Charlotte (to give his journal with Emily) on film - so that suggests they didn't know he did that until after the fact and that he "went rogue" on them. That establishes that Arie would (and has) gone rogue for someone he loves, and I think he went rogue with those early Dec "likes".

So that takes us to "stupid" or "calculating" and it may be a little of both, IMO. Contact without approval is a breach of contract but I think Arie desperately wanted to let Lauren know that he was thinking of her and that she needed to "hang in there" and the only way he had to do that was to "Like" a few key pictures on her IG. Stupid because he took a risk by doing that but also calculating (or stupid like a fox if you will) because he could defend his actions to TPTB as being totally innocent - he only liked the labradoodle dog that Lauren had - and he gambled that they wouldn't slam him over a couple of IG likes.

Playing devil's advocate, does "going rogue for someone Arie loves" also apply to the unsanctioned off-roading trip with Becca? Or, are you of the mind that the photo is unconfirmed?

While I do find all the conjecture -- about the final days, Lauren's retreat, Becca's ex, RS involvement, as well as TPTB's manipulating fingers -- super interesting and sometimes crazy -- I can't help but lean towards Occam's Razor. Sometimes the simplest solution/reason is the reason: Arie liked both Becca and Lauren, he chose Becca at FRC, then changed his mind and wanted to pursue Lauren. And TPTB jumped at the chance to capture it all. Hopefully we'll find out the whys (and the whens for those super sleuthers here!) at the ATFR.

I do find it interesting that Arie and Lauren's relationship seems to be (IMO) getting the benefit of the doubt for their awkward silences and conversations, while Arie and Becca's relationship (or lack of intensity/connection) is not getting that same benefit. We can't forget that this is a highly-edited and produced tv-show, and editing goes both ways -- heck, in ALL ways for the contestants and leads. I don't think the comments from several contestants referencing Arie and Becca's strong connection should be discounted.

While I've been trying to withhold opinion and judgement (it has been hard!) until the ATFR -- I'm of the mindset that Arie picking Becca because she was "who was left" or because he "had to" would probably be the worst case scenario for me (or rather, for my opinion of Arie). The Golden Rule (not go go Biblical on ya'll) and personal integrity -- not to mention courtesy for others (even in this Bachelor world) -- speaks volumes to one's character.  

Mistakes -- even of the heart -- happen, it is best just to admit them, minimize the hurt as much as possible, and move on. So that's what I'm hoping for at the ATFR -- some honest, unscripted, unedited emotion, apologies, and closure.

Obviously all IMO.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 pm

It is nothing new in this franchise for the lead to simply pick someone because they have to regardless of the situation. 
Of course, it's not spelled out to the audience like that. Editing makes it look much differently. 
This is my opinion of bachelors/ettes that chose someone they had little to no intention of being with to fulfill their contracts: 
1) Blob 2) Jesse 3) Travis 4) PLo 5) Brad 1.0 6) Jen Scheft 7) Deanna

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:32 pm

My question is why did Arie do something so public that can be caught like messing around on Lauren’s IG vs secretly getting her attention ? ...
My question is a different one. If they were so hell bent on keeping the potential switcheroo under wraps that they tried to muzzle RS, why on earth go to Lauren's house in Virginia Beach, with a camera crew and Arie, in broad daylight? That makes no sense at all. They could have easily rented a private home somewhere secluded to do this.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:42 pm

@North in case there’s doubt about the off road trip pic being Becca,  even if the sneakers and jeans can be matched, I did an arm and elbow comp. Thanks @havapepper for the suggestion.
Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 26 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 2f5fb510

Source
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHd1dLeh8oM/?hl=en&taken-by=bkoof
https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t4609-bachelor-22-arie-luyendyk-jr-f1-f2-shv-clues-no-discussion-sleuthing-spoilers#1276877

Last edited by Stone_Hedge on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
happygolucky wrote:Now in Arie's case ... it seems he wants Lauren ... lets say she pulls herself out and he has no other option but to choose Becca or walk alone ... then he chose Becca, because she was "solid" enough to give it a try ... 1 day, 1 month, 1 week ... but not because he actually wanted Becca. Big difference.

To stay on track as this is Arie's season (not Des') I agree. I've struggled to find a rationale for Arie deciding he wants Becca more than Lauren and pretty much failed. The only way I can see right now for picking Becca over Lauren is he had no choice left other than Becca.

I think if this was not on a TV show Arie could have (and IMO would have) chased Lauren and not let her go under any circumstances. The look on his face when Lauren told him she wasn't sure if she could go on says it all to me. Docnash and I talked yesterday (in another thread) about Arie being triggered by facing the heartbreak he felt when Emily didn't pick him but that look shows me how he would feel when faced with the loss of Lauren - totally devastated. If Lauren left or took herself out because of the pressures of the show and that was how it came across to Arie then IMO Arie was going to try and get her back.

IMO he didn't really try with Becca and the reason that the show tried to silence RS over spoilers (as soon as the Nov 22 Cease & Desist letter) was because they knew immediately after filming that Arie was going to go after Lauren. What happened next was how the show wanted that to be portrayed but that was, IMO, the major story of this season. IMO most cast fulfill their contractual obligations once the episode where they are sent home airs but for the final 2 and the lead that's not true - those 3 are obligated for one "special episode" - the ATFR - so they were planning not only how to show what happened when Arie went after Lauren but also how to portray this on the ATFR.

It said it all to me. A look of horrified. Arie is a person that his thoughts shows on his face, a very serious moment.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:@umngirl Thanks for the preview! It is a short clip, but I have a strong feeling, based on what Lauren says about whether she could go on, that she will leave before the FRC.  Becca may be the only girl standing, IMO.

The Episode description for the next episode says:

Lauren B., who has struggled to find love with Arie, needs more reassurance from him. Preoccupied with thoughts of the other two women vying for Arie’s heart and scared to have her own heart broken, the guarded blond beauty has trouble enjoying the panoramic plane tour of the Nazca Lines. Back on the ground, Lauren B. drops a bombshell. That night, Arie convinces his once skeptical date of his true feelings in an extremely emotional declaration.
However, if Lauren leaves before the FRC that would certainly explain what has been (to me) the great mystery of why he picked Becca after chasing Lauren all show.

This would be the way to get the viewers behind the switch, after seeing Arie pour out his heart to Lauren. In some ways, I would like to see it go down this way, rather than having Arie just 'throw away' Becca.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:27 pm

@Lucas15 the famous :tinfoil is in our smilies.

With regards to MF. When I was looking for a MF tweet, I noticed he retweeted this after Arie was announced. So along with the cease and desist, there's that.

Mike Fleiss Retweeted
Geoff LaTulippe
Geoff LaTulippe
@DrGMLaTulippe
·
Sep 7
Damn. Reality Steve REAL upset that his horse didn't finish.

What a weird existence.

This was the tweet I was looking for.

That's what he wants viewers to think because he wants a proposal IMHO or a wedding. As we have seen over the years, the last thing they show us is a happy love story and everyone rides off in the sunset.

Even when the season is successful, with a happy couple, there is crazy twisted drama where a lot of the focus is taken away from the couple. We have heard past leads say they wished they showed more of their F1.  Arie's season is no different IMHO.  I can see them flipping through the storybooks files,  over the years, ahh yes it's time for a Mesnick. JMO's.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:36 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

That's what he wants viewers to think because he wants a proposal IMHO or a wedding. As we have seen over the years, the last thing they show us is a happy love story and everyone rides off in the sunset.

Even when the season is successful, with a happy couple, there is crazy twisted drama where a lot of the focus is taken away from the couple. We have heard past leads say they wished they showed more of their F1.  Arie's season is no different IMHO.  I can see them flipping through the storybooks files,  over the years, ahh yes it's time for a Mesnick. JMO's.

Ain't that the truth. Might just have to put that in my signature and give you credit! giggling giggling giggling

North

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:46 pm

@North laugh out loud no credit required, go for it if you want. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 68 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 39 ... 68  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 26 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+72
Storybook
quietpal
sparkler
livlafluv1
summerdayze