SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 47 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 47 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Amberish Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:51 pm

grace8136 wrote:
Stone_Hedge wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

IMO there are two things in Arie's past that the events of the last couple of months (including the last week ) should show Lauren that she has nothing to worry about:

1 - That he has lingering feelings for Becca and might be wondering what might have been had he done things differently. He did do things differently and all that did was confirm that he wanted to be with Lauren.
2 - That his long term friendship with Courtney could evolve into something more than friends. From the RS podcast she can see that Courtney was open to (and perhaps hoping for) something more with Arie, but Arie passed that opportunity up for a big roll of the dice to find what / who he was really looking for - which wasn't a romantic relationship with Courtney; IMO he could have had that if that was what he wanted.
JMHO

For me it’s not what they could have . It’s what they already have , a friendship where she already knows some of Arie’s secrets. . She obviously knew something was going down in Thailand for example using that particular emoji. To say, If your girl only knew is definitely an inside slight to his new love that his new love probably doesn’t know or realize about Arie. Jmo

Yeah, I totally agree. As much as she tries to come off as supportive, she's still in love with him imo. That comment was openly taking a shot at Sydney and she was already undermining Lauren a little in that podcast imo. Like she was laughing when RS was saying Lauren was boring. And just being his confidant in all this and the Arie expert is not great for Lauren. The last thing he should do is run to Courtney when he's mad at Lauren. I don't dislike Courtney, I just think you can't be friends with a guy if you're still hoping he'll come back to you. It's not good for any of them. all jmo

I've wondered if Arie might be a person that avoids conflict at all cost. It could explain why he didn't break up with Sydney until she confronted him. Imagine his stress of breaking up with 29 women if that's the case! @stuckinsc, maybe it's not so much that he didn't want to get married, but that he doesn't pro-actively take charge and move his life along. Maybe that is the kick in the butt his dad speaks of? If so, Lauren's boundaries for getting back together could be what he needs. I hope she'll have boundaries for him with Courtney too.

OT, Why are people saying Arie has enough money for this or that? Does truck racing pay much? About how much would he have gotten from that 2nd place win he just got in AU? I figured he got into real estate because he needed more money. I don't care, but I wonder if they'll sell his condo and buy a house and if so, about what he'd have to spend on one. I know, not my business, but I'm so curious. laugh out loud I love Scottsdale, but I'd have a hard time finding a house to buy there. The architecture style, especially the flat roof pueblo style is not my thing.

Since when was/is Courtney in love with Arie? Really?
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 47 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by alwaystulips Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:55 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@alwaystulips I moved your post to:

Media Social Media

Thanks for posting!

@GuardianAngel  thank you! yes
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Amberish wrote:snipped..

Courtney did not say she is in love with Arie as far as I know. Opinions vs fact. Unless someone can provide proof, it's an opinion at this point in time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Amberish wrote:

She didn't say it, but a few of us thought that after listening to the podcast with her and RS. She was renovating a condo with Arie and thought they may get back together, this time more seriously, when he found out he was going to be the bachelor.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:07 pm

The first time they were "together", they dated for what ... two weeks? Then they became friends, during which Courtney was in at least one serious relationship in California. Her RE license is still hanging in California, meaning, at this point, she's only temporarily in Arizona.

Nonetheless, although she indicated she thought of exploring something more with Arie in Arizona that lasted for what, two weeks again, then she says definitely friend zone.

It takes two, time and commitment to be in a serious relationship.

From everything we know, Arie wants to be in love. Well, I think Courtney does, too, but she isn't, is she? Wanting to test the waters and see if it goes there isn't being there and now that Arie is happily engaged and planning a wedding stops the possibility short --- and this is the actual reality of the situation as opposed to just my opinion.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Amberish wrote:The first time they were "together", they dated for what ... two weeks? Then they became friends, during which Courtney was in at least one serious relationship in California. Her RE license is still hanging in California, meaning, at this point, she's only temporarily in Arizona.

Nonetheless, although she indicated she thought of exploring something more with Arie in Arizona that lasted for what, two weeks again, then she says definitely friend zone.

It takes two, time and commitment to be in a serious relationship.

From everything we know, Arie wants to be in love. Well, I think Courtney does, too, but she isn't, is she? Wanting to test the waters and see if it goes there isn't being there and now that Arie is happily engaged and planning a wedding stops the possibility short --- and this is the actual reality of the situation as opposed to just my opinion.

Whether or not she seemed in love with him is completely subjective.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. Smiley

Amberish wrote:It takes two, time and commitment to be in a serious relationship, so why (would a few fans on a message board) fantasize about love when it has never been love, for either of them and she says friend zone?
The impression I got was that Courtney cried because she and Arie had a very close friendship, and she realized that if he finds love that friendship would be over.

eirekay wrote:IMO, Becca handled the situation quite well.  As opposed to her having "a mental breakdown", I see her as wanting time alone to process this.  There is really nothing to discuss with Arie, and given that she was ambushed, her anger is totally understandable.   TPTB had Arie stay to try to provoke a bigger response from Becca IMO, but Becca was mindful enough not to give it them which requires considerable poise.  
It's my understanding that Arie told her he was going to call Lauren to sort out his feelings. I didn't save the source for what was said exactly. At that point Becca knew that Arie hadn't made up his mind yet. So I don't think it was a complete blindside.

IMO Becca could have handled it better. She also displayed (IMO) immaturity when she said Arie destroyed the magic of an unbroken first engagement, the Bachelor has like a 5% success rate? It wasn't a heat of the moment statement either, it was a very calculated attack on Arie. Meanwhile I don't think Arie has ever said anything bad about anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chancy Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I've just now got power back after 4 days, so haven't been able to keep up with the board. I read an interview with Arie and Lauren where they were asked about their wedding plans. They said they wanted a sunset wedding, with good lighting and lots of white flowers. When asked if any Bachelor Nation people will be attending, Lauren said yes and that Arie probably wanted to invite Bachelor people too.

Arie agreed and then said, "Tell Becca she's not invited" and they both laughed. I was finally coming around to warming up to them as a couple but thought it was just a mean comment. I'm sure she wouldn't even want to attend and it was just an uncalled for dig, to use her as the butt of his joke. And Lauren just laughed along with him. Tasteless and tone deaf IMO.

Chancy

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Chancy wrote:Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I've just now got power back after 4 days, so haven't been able to keep up with the board. I read an interview with Arie and Lauren where they were asked about their wedding plans. They said they wanted a sunset wedding, with good lighting and lots of white flowers. When asked if any Bachelor Nation people will be attending, Lauren said yes and that Arie probably wanted to invite Bachelor people too.

Arie agreed and then said, "Tell Becca she's not invited" and they both laughed. I was finally coming around to warming up to them as a couple but thought it was just a mean comment. I'm sure she wouldn't even want to attend and it was just an uncalled for dig, to use her as the butt of his joke. And Lauren just laughed along with him. Tasteless and tone deaf IMO.

I think they meant Bekah who has been taking some digs at Arie.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 pm

rosefever wrote:It's my understanding that Arie told her he was going to call Lauren to sort out his feelings. I didn't save the source for what was said exactly. At that point Becca knew that Arie hadn't made up his mind yet. So I don't think it was a complete blindside.

IMO Becca could have handled it better. She also displayed (IMO) immaturity when she said Arie destroyed the magic of an unbroken first engagement, the Bachelor has like a 5% success rate? It wasn't a heat of the moment statement either, it was a very calculated attack on Arie. Meanwhile I don't think Arie has ever said anything bad about anyone.
He told Becca his unresolved feelings stemmed from the fact that he'd have to relive it while the show was airing, and that he was waiting for it to be over so he and Becca could move on with their lives, and that he wanted to call Lauren because he felt bad and to apologise. So he was not truthful with Becca about the real reason he wanted to speak to Lauren. 

IMO, Becca handled that breakup about as well as she could've. She did not have a "mental breakdown" - in fact, she remained composed and simply begged for him to leave so she could cry in private, but he couldn't even give her that and instead followed her around the house until she finally cried in front of him. And she wasn't "attacking" Arie about him ruining her first proposal. After how graciously she's handled this whole situation and the fact that she's essentially let him off the hook, to the point where many viewers on Twitter and other forums said that they wished she gave him a piece of her mind and was harsher on him, I think she's allowed to call him out on ruining her first proposal when he was never invested in it and was regretting since before it even happened (since he said he regretted his choice as soon as Lauren walked up to him at the FRC) IMO. It's not immature of her to point out one of the many ways Arie handled this thing poorly (to put it lightly). Arie deserved to be called out way, way more than she did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Chancy wrote:Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I've just now got power back after 4 days, so haven't been able to keep up with the board. I read an interview with Arie and Lauren where they were asked about their wedding plans. They said they wanted a sunset wedding, with good lighting and lots of white flowers. When asked if any Bachelor Nation people will be attending, Lauren said yes and that Arie probably wanted to invite Bachelor people too.

Some (me included) think the "Becca" he was referring to was Bekah M not Becca K. Bekah has had some not-so-nice things to say about Arie. IMO by the time that Becca is done filming and her show has aired she will come to understand why / how Arie did what he did and while they may not become friends there will at least be peace between them. This would be no means be the first time something like this has happened; it seems that being the lead is a lot tougher than anyone who has never been the lead can appreciate.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Hawaii Girl wrote:
rosefever wrote:It's my understanding that Arie told her he was going to call Lauren to sort out his feelings. I didn't save the source for what was said exactly. At that point Becca knew that Arie hadn't made up his mind yet. So I don't think it was a complete blindside.

He told Becca his unresolved feelings stemmed from the fact that he'd have to relive it while the show was airing, and that he was waiting for it to be over so he and Becca could move on with their lives, and that he wanted to call Lauren because he felt bad and to apologise. So he was not truthful with Becca about the real reason he wanted to speak to Lauren. 

IMO, Becca handled that breakup about as well as she could've. She did not have a "mental breakdown" - in fact, she remained composed and simply begged for him to leave so she could cry in private, but he couldn't even give her that and instead followed her around the house until she finally cried in front of him. And she wasn't "attacking" Arie about him ruining her first proposal. After how graciously she's handled this whole situation and the fact that she's essentially let him off the hook, to the point where many viewers on Twitter and other forums said that they wished she gave him a piece of her mind and was harsher on him, I think she's allowed to call him out on ruining her first proposal when he was never invested in it and was regretting since before it even happened (since he said he regretted his choice as soon as Lauren walked up to him at the FRC) IMO. It's not immature of her to point out one of the many ways Arie handled this thing poorly (to put it lightly). Arie deserved to be called out way, way more than she did.

Someone on reddit reminded me that when Emily broke up with Arie, he simply high-tailed it out of there before she could even try to explain (video). Makes it all the more ironic that he kept lingering around Becca like a bad smell. JMO
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass