SELECT CONTENT

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Page 41 of 57 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 49 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by notarose Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:37 pm

FMG2015 wrote:Listened to BHH podcast this morning....

They had a grandma, mom, and daughter fans on.
The 90 year old grandma referenced that she thought Rachel got married recently which Rachel confirmed. The grandma then asked Becca is she is married too which Becca said she is not but she has a dog.

It’s getting more and more obvious she is waiting for the 2yr mark. It seems  she/they could make the ring’s worth pretty quick with shilling why drag it out over another week when clearly they must’ve separated when she left to Minnesota on June 29th.

Slightly related. What did Kaitlyn do with her Bette ring?

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:55 pm

The 90 year old grandma referenced that she thought Rachel got married recently which Rachel confirmed. The grandma then asked Becca is she is married too which Becca said she is not but she has a dog.

It’s getting more and more obvious she is waiting for the 2yr mark. It seems  she/they could make the ring’s worth pretty quick with shilling why drag it out over another week when clearly they must’ve separated when she left to Minnesota on June 29th.

@FMG2015
That ring is worth almost $100K reportedly. IMO, she’d be a fool to return it one month shy of the deadline. A complete fool. Play the game while spending time with her family. I support that. There’s no honor in stupidity and I’m not seeing any reason why she shouldn’t do what she’s doing. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:27 pm

I always think the prices of those rings are inflated. I believe they quote the retail price and if you try to sell it I don't think it would be nearly as much. Regardless, it is still a significant chunk of change.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:33 pm

I’m probably too honest and just another reason I wouldn’t want to be in the public eye....
I’m sure CH has reached out to her, so did she lie so she can keep the ring? Or maybe they both aren’t calling it a breakup until they could announce it so it didn’t seem like a huge lie even though they are dunzo.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Sprite wrote:I always think the prices of those rings are inflated. I believe they quote the retail price and if you try to sell it I don't think it would be nearly as much. Regardless, it is still a significant chunk of change.
The ring is like a car. It starts depreciating on day 1. Lots of diamonds so the stones could be kept and used for a new piece. I’ve know women who divorced and reset the stones.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:03 pm

I think the price of the rings are inflated as well. Speaking of Kaitlyn, it was several months before an announcement was made and they were together much longer than 2 years. Of course SM tells a lot when there's trouble in paradise, and speculation was out there for a long time, but Becca's situation is a bit different than the other splits because of the time frame of the end of her contract. The other's were cut and dry, split, return the ring. Maybe they are in a temporary split situation but IMO the longer she stays away and the more family friends she talks to, if she has been, she might realize she's quite capable to move on without him. The other component to a split, speaking from my experiences, laugh out loud sometimes people say things they regret, and it brings out the worse side of that person, which in turn may also affect the bottom line decision.

What would she do with the ring? I wouldn't wear an engagement ring from a broken relationship. I wouldn't want to reset any of the diamonds, it represents a breakup. Why would you want to keep it? I'd put it up for auction and give the proceeds to charity. However, I wouldn't buy a ring of a previous broken relationship, way to superstitious to do that, laugh out loud but perhaps there are those that would like to have the ring just because it came from a TB franchise season. no idea

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:51 pm

notarose wrote:
Sprite wrote:I always think the prices of those rings are inflated. I believe they quote the retail price and if you try to sell it I don't think it would be nearly as much. Regardless, it is still a significant chunk of change.
The ring is like a car. It starts depreciating on day 1. Lots of diamonds so the stones could be kept and used for a new piece. I’ve know women who divorced and reset the stones.

I have never seen diamonds depreciate. The market goes up and down but, no depreciation. I had my grandmother’s engagement ring appraised two years ago and reaffirmed that fact. I agree with Sprite, the price is definitely inflated but, IMO Becca should play the game, keep the ring because its a reward and she earned it. I would have zero respect for a decision to return it now. What really counts is the fact that she didn’t marry him before God and family with doubts in her mind/heart. I commend her for that. I presume she is spending time with her family to begin to heal and move forward. The rest is just superficial bs, IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:05 pm

I am not an attorney, but unless I miss my guess they have some pretty good lawyers at ABC and I would think??? that a good attorney would make the case that they had been living separate and apart. I understand that the reply could be that we are taking some time apart to think things through etc, but I would bet that they would subpoena phone, photos without the ring and SM etc, and essentially prove that they were apart. Or they might know that the case had a bunch of holes in it, but would Becca want to go to that legal expense and possibly lose? Again JMO.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:22 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:

I am not an attorney, but unless I miss my guess they have some pretty good lawyers at ABC and I would think??? that a good attorney would make the case that they had been living separate and apart.  I understand that the reply could be that we are taking some time apart to think things through etc, but I would bet that they would subpoena phone, photos without the ring and SM etc, and essentially prove that they were apart. Or they might know that the case had a bunch of holes in it, but would Becca want to go to that legal expense and possibly lose? Again JMO.

@nuts2uiam
Tptb would not dare. Becca’s engagement is over when she says it is and she has not said. It would just make ABC look like a petty bunch of unfeeling idiots to argue the point so, they won’t. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:56 pm

@nuts2uiam @Chgohighlife  I'm not an attorney either, but I do agree abc has more to lose in bad press than it has to gain in getting back yet another Neil Lane ring.  Come to think of it, I don't think Jillian ever returned hers and they were not together for the time required.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:35 pm

One opinion
https://www.wpdiamonds.com/much-can-sell-engagement-ring/

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:15 pm

notarose wrote:One opinion
https://www.wpdiamonds.com/much-can-sell-engagement-ring/

@notarose
That is a very good article and thank you for sharing it. However, it does not reflect my experience. We have upgraded my engagement ring twice at major milestone anniversaries as we went from young people at the beginning of our careers to established whatevers. Each time, we received great value for the current ring toward the purchase of the new one. I would have just kept the originals if they were marked down 50%. It wouldn’t have made sense to trade them for half what was paid for them. The article sounds like a pawn shop deal but, I’m sure that’s even worse.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 57 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 49 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Kufrin & Garrett Yrigoyen - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

+64
Terps4life
umngirl
nuts2uiam
Maggenzm
Billysmom