SELECT CONTENT

Episode 9 - 3/16 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 9 - 3/16 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 9 - 3/16 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:10 pm

CarrieA wrote:
Lia wrote:
atem wrote:
Lia wrote:Sad. But I'm thinking that Paige might have known about the connection between Tristan / Cody / Bubba. I believe there's also a photo circulating from that time with Courtney Wilkerson at the Chrome Horse with them - but wouldn't Paige have some input? sigh... I love this season because the personalities are so real (except, sorry to say, I wish just once Bubba would stop being so bland), and perhaps it's because they're showing such human sides of themselves, outside input (production) becomes REALLY intrusive. Think there's a bit to be learned from Paige's Q&A on the kruger farms chat from last night... go to krugerfarms on FB.

What did you learn?
She seems to have a tone of maybe discontent or disappointment about the way certain things were shown now that she has seen the episodes, but says she understands that the show needs "characters," and basically that because she got to know the guys personally, she developed a good feel for who they really were.

Sorry I'm way to dense today to understand what you are saying. I don't understand what's wrong with her saying that? Obviously editing is going to make everyone look how production wants them to look and obviously she knows how things went down because she was there. What is there to learn, she should have expected editing to take it's course over the season and for the love story to not be the only theme. no idea Sorry I don't understand what you're saying Lia, maybe you could expand?
Sounded to me (and I'm just one person with one opinion) as though she was upset by the way her guy was portrayed to this point due to editing.

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 - 3/16 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 9 - 3/16 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion

Post by CarrieA Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Lia wrote:
CarrieA wrote:
Lia wrote:
atem wrote:
Lia wrote:Sad. But I'm thinking that Paige might have known about the connection between Tristan / Cody / Bubba. I believe there's also a photo circulating from that time with Courtney Wilkerson at the Chrome Horse with them - but wouldn't Paige have some input? sigh... I love this season because the personalities are so real (except, sorry to say, I wish just once Bubba would stop being so bland), and perhaps it's because they're showing such human sides of themselves, outside input (production) becomes REALLY intrusive. Think there's a bit to be learned from Paige's Q&A on the kruger farms chat from last night... go to krugerfarms on FB.

What did you learn?
She seems to have a tone of maybe discontent or disappointment about the way certain things were shown now that she has seen the episodes, but says she understands that the show needs "characters," and basically that because she got to know the guys personally, she developed a good feel for who they really were.

Sorry I'm way to dense today to understand what you are saying. I don't understand what's wrong with her saying that? Obviously editing is going to make everyone look how production wants them to look and obviously she knows how things went down because she was there. What is there to learn, she should have expected editing to take it's course over the season and for the love story to not be the only theme. no idea Sorry I don't understand what you're saying Lia, maybe you could expand?
Sounded to me (and I'm just one person with one opinion) as though she was upset by the way her guy was portrayed to this point due to editing.

OK, that's what I thought you meant, sorry! I would be to if they didn't show more than 5 minute dates with him and a fight that included him. rotfl But then again I would never go on the show, or expect to watch a love story unfold after wrapping up filming. I guess the bachelor has molded me into someone who doesn't expect to have the love story out thrown into my face and for editing to take it's course.
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 pm

CarrieA wrote:
Lia wrote:
CarrieA wrote:
Lia wrote:
atem wrote:

What did you learn?

OK, that's what I thought you meant, sorry! I would be to if they didn't show more than 5 minute dates with him and a fight that included him. rotfl But then again I would never go on the show, or expect to watch a love story unfold after wrapping up filming. I guess the bachelor has molded me into someone who doesn't expect to have the love story out thrown into my face and for editing to take it's course.
LOL - thanks to the Bachelor, I have been conditioned to feel cynical about everything that's shown on my screen and how unrealistic everything is 😆
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 pm

CarrieA wrote:OK, that's what I thought you meant, sorry! I would be to if they didn't show more than 5 minute dates with him and a fight that included him. rotfl But then again I would never go on the show, or expect to watch a love story unfold after wrapping up filming. I guess the bachelor has molded me into someone who doesn't expect to have the love story out thrown into my face and for editing to take it's course.
dee wrote:LOL - thanks to the Bachelor, I have been conditioned to feel cynical about everything that's shown on my screen and how unrealistic everything is 😆
😆

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Some of the comments on SHA page are still a bit mean towards Jeremiah even after Friday showing Shaun and Jeremiah getting along just fine. It's appears that's what is bothering her the most - she's twice said that the fight was after the elimination and other guys were fighting too. Unfortunately the producers think hiding J is the best methodology - it'd be better if they made both F1 and F2 very likable - then we could argue over who is #1 and like both of them!!! They could have edited out Paige's "love comments" and been very successful promoting both #1 and #2.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:40 pm

RealityEscape wrote:Some of the comments on SHA page are still a bit mean towards Jeremiah even after Friday showing Shaun and Jeremiah getting along just fine. It's appears that's what is bothering her the most - she's twice said that the fight was after the elimination and other guys were fighting too. Unfortunately the producers think hiding J is the best methodology - it'd be better if they made both F1 and F2 very likable - then we could argue over who is #1 and like both of them!!! They could have edited out Paige's "love comments" and been very successful promoting both #1 and #2.
Absolutely!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 pm

RealityEscape wrote:Some of the comments on SHA page are still a bit mean towards Jeremiah even after Friday showing Shaun and Jeremiah getting along just fine. It's appears that's what is bothering her the most - she's twice said that the fight was after the elimination and other guys were fighting too. Unfortunately the producers think hiding J is the best methodology - it'd be better if they made both F1 and F2 very likable - then we could argue over who is #1 and like both of them!!! They could have edited out Paige's "love comments" and been very successful promoting both #1 and #2.

I agree,about promoting both F1 & F2 in a likable way. I was a wreck for some reason last season when it looked like Tribble was going to pick Jackie over Tristan. She was edited as so over-the-top "fake" and "pageant contestantish" that I was feeling towards her the same way I do about Landon... :giggle:

I came to realize that I was connecting with Tristan emotionally over the loss of our fathers. I couldn't fathom Tribble keeping her to the end, only to break her heart all over again. Then I realized it wasn't real and I was feeling all this angst for no reason. duh

As far as Paige's love comments, it doesn't seem to have mattered one bit to the general public. Jeremiah has plummeted in ratings due to them showing his fight with little Shaun and his being emotionally paralyzed with Paige. He's not going to recover from this in the eye of the public, especially when he is going up against Bubba.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Bee :awesome: we do share the same brain hahaha. I totally agree about the last part. Jeremiah is still not on anyone's radars... at least the one's that count... which is the majority of the viewers. I think most of them think Bubba and Big Shaun are going to the final 2. If not Big Shaun, then little Shaun.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Well, I wasnt going to mention it, but since it's been brought up, I'm shocked that TPTB left in Jeremiah's loss of temper and physically attacking little Shaun, and they continue to show his insecurities ~ last night, his PI questioning Paige after what little Shaun said about their date. That's what has turned the tide from him as the fan favorite (not here), but fb, etc.

Adam was given a really sweet and shy edit on Devin's and Tristan was given the same on Tribble's and they were F1. Tribble was also given a really good guy edit as F2 on Devin's. Only Jackie was given an bad edit, but she was F2, not F1.

I'm just really puzzled why they showed this side of Jeremiah since he's F1 and it made me smh that they did. They already gave Big Shaun the bad guy edit, so why throw Jeremiah under the bus too? As far as Jeremiah not being on anyone's radar and that's why TPTB showed that, it doesn't make sense, because Adam wasn't on anyone's radar either, but he was shown as sweet, shy, lovable and nice the whole edit. I really like Jeremiah and I'm speaking of mostly how general viewers (not boardies) feel about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 pm

^^ Gina, great points. Maybe they thought that since they have 10 episodes this season, and more time to show individual dates, they could leave his "redemption" until later, but I'm thinking it was a mistake, if FB posts are anything to go by.

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Gina, Lia - I agree, I could see how the producers didn't expect such a negative response from the casual viewer. Although seriously, I don't know why they would think it was a good idea. People didn't even know Jeremiah since he's not shown much. And of all things to high light, they chose the day where he doesn't have the "balls" to tell the girl his feelings, the day where he sulks and "misses" the group date (which is not true since it was never a scheduled group date...probably more producer shenanigans) and to top it off he gets in a fight (little Shaun, of all people). I thought the least they could have done was to show more of the house ruckus if they were going to show the fight. They only focused on what Jeremiah did that night, when according to Paige, Jeremiah, and other cast members a whole slew of stuff went down.

I don't know what the producers were thinking. Bubba was already the fan favorite since the second or third episode (if not, after his 1-1, he definitely was). I don't know why they had to show make Jeremiah's edit the way it is. Even without high lighting him attacking little Shaun, both Bubba and little Shaun would still have more "fans" than Jeremiah would. It's just the nature of these shows - Bubba and little Shaun are likeable, and are comfortable with the camera. Not that Jeremiah is not likable, I think he has a more reserved personality, definitely not comfortable with camera (especially when he has to talk about more "private" matters such as his feelings for Paige). He's also very skeptical of the process (of finding love on tv), since it's such an unrealistic environment.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:32 pm

I think the big difference in the editing this season is the new producer who is very involved in the editing -- Larissa Matsson. She tweets all the time about editing and when they finish editing each episode -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And her IMDB Filmography is not what I'd call SHA friendly -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rock of Love:Charm School, Rock of Love with Brett Michaels, Megan Wants a Millionaire, and I have no idea what her last series was -- The Antonio Treatment

She sounds perfect for The Bachelor/ette! hmmm
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 9 - 3/16 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion

+39
missy0723
copyman12
Rosepetal
Trueloveforever
northernviewer