SELECT CONTENT

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:27 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I've seen two of Jill's Love it or List it Too shows and have a question about the show's premise I hope someone can help me with. The owners have a budget of $950K to buy but $80K to remodel. But then the remodel increases the value of the home when they list it, thereby giving them more in their $950K budget. Okay, so finally my question is, why don't they have a larger remodel budget? I know they must have cash/etc to pay for the remodel as opposed to maybe mortaging quite a bit of the purchase. But why could they not do an equity loan on the house to up the remodel budget? I am concerned that our Jilly is gonna get the short end of the stick every time. Has anyone seen this or the American show where the Love It wins???? Jill does fantastic work.

I think is just depends on the couple and their circumstances. Some have a larger budget, others not so much. Some have equity in their homes that they can borrow against, others not. My cousin actually tried out for one of the shows and they have to have the money in place, in addition, they have to have 20% extra just in case. They do get some deals with the advertisers for the show, so that does help to decrease the budget. I've watched both the Toronto and the Vancouver versions. Amazingly enough, most times people pick the love it option.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion

Post by anders Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:30 am

terabithia wrote:Supposedly for the American version they have the home owners film two different endings, so when they edit the show for TV they can choose which side wins. I figure there are a few factors that go into their choice for the TV winner, one of them is keeping a balance so one side doesn't dominate and make the show predictable for the viewing audience. They don't want to make the show's designer or realtor look bad either.

I don't know if Jillian's show does the same sort of thing, but most of these shows are edited for entertainment and to keep us guessing til the end. :)

there's an American version??

I figure the budget they give to the designer is the amount of money they have to spend on renovations (either borrowed on against their equity), as opposed to how much they would qualify for for a mortgage. Of course they know the renovations will increase the value of their home, and most likely factor that into the budget they use for the new house --- correct??

Hilary and David were on Marilyn Denis and said that Hilary's win's are slightly higher than Davids - something like 60-40. So far, I think the couples on Jill's season have only listed twice. But on at least 2 occasions, Jill had the wife who was dead set against moving so you can guarantee that will be a win for her regardless of what she does.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 am

banks wont give you a mortgage that will cover remodelling - just the actual value of a house. The houses that the realtor shows them are usually already all renovated. This is why some folks cant afford to buy a fixer upper even though they want to , and could eventually make alot of money on their sweat equity. They have to buy a house that is already "done" because they dont

and that makes me wonder how Property Brothers works, since they work with a budget based on the amount they get for a mortgage.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 am

Who likes moving? That's what I don't get about the show! Although renovations are a pain, so is moving! Plus, something still usually needs to be fixed.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:53 pm

atem wrote:Who likes moving? That's what I don't get about the show! Although renovations are a pain, so is moving! Plus, something still usually needs to be fixed.

That's why "love it" will have an advantage, especially if there are kids involved.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:13 pm

terabithia wrote:Supposedly for the American version they have the home owners film two different endings, so when they edit the show for TV they can choose which side wins. I figure there are a few factors that go into their choice for the TV winner, one of them is keeping a balance so one side doesn't dominate and make the show predictable for the viewing audience. They don't want to make the show's designer or realtor look bad either.

I don't know if Jillian's show does the same sort of thing, but most of these shows are edited for entertainment and to keep us guessing til the end. :)

There is no American version. The Toronto one is the 1st one and has been on HGTV for quite a while. A lot of the shows I like are Canadian.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:39 pm

But they make sure to mask the fact that it is filmed in Toronto. I'm sure most viewers are not aware of that.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:50 pm

glazedover wrote:
atem wrote:Who likes moving? That's what I don't get about the show! Although renovations are a pain, so is moving! Plus, something still usually needs to be fixed.

That's why "love it" will have an advantage, especially if there are kids involved.

Kids, school districts and pregnancies.

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun May 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion - Page 24 Image
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Does anyone know the latest on Jillian? I know she has a boyfriend, but wondering if they plan on marrying, and just how serious they are. I believe her home base is in Vancouver but not sure. i stopped following her on twitter last year.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:32 pm

soccermom333 wrote:Does anyone know the latest on Jillian?  I know she has a boyfriend, but wondering if they plan on marrying, and just how serious they are.  I believe her home base is in Vancouver but not sure.  i stopped following her on twitter last year.  

Sorry, I don't follow her on twitter either.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:36 pm

soccermom333 wrote:Does anyone know the latest on Jillian?  I know she has a boyfriend, but wondering if they plan on marrying, and just how serious they are.  I believe her home base is in Vancouver but not sure.  i stopped following her on twitter last year.  

I think they live together. She seems serious to me but haven't seen per post anything about marriage but I don't follow her very closely either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion

+114
ElonM
Topazgold
mindless
Sheokaf
mprssdbyu