SELECT CONTENT

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers - Page 27 Empty Re: Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 1:32 pm

lavenderred wrote:I agree with Thomigirl. Paige needs to learn there are some things that are better left unsaid.
I'm not convinced she even realizes the ramifications of the passing of the amendment.
Sorry, she lost a follower in me.

Back to top Go down

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers - Page 27 Empty Re: Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers

Post by Thomigirl Wed May 09, 2012 2:09 pm

realityfan26 wrote:
lavenderred wrote:I agree with Thomigirl. Paige needs to learn there are some things that are better left unsaid.
I'm not convinced she even realizes the ramifications of the passing of the amendment.

Ditto here. I unfollowed on Twitter. Not a fan. I hope Jeremiah doesn't suffer fot her public comments.
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed May 09, 2012 2:53 pm

realityfan26 wrote:

I wonder if she even has a PR team behind her telling her the ramifications of posting certain things on social media sites? Sometimes you need to understand that voicing your opinion on a controversial issue can seriously hurt your career and make others view you differently whether you want them to or not. I know that she always says that she "says what she believes" but sometimes it's just better to not say anything at all especially about an amendment that segregates and hurts many people from her home state. I understand that she is conservative and stands up for what she believes in but it definitely made me see her in a different light after those tweets..
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by rc49ers Wed May 09, 2012 4:15 pm

I haven't read what you all are talking about , What did Paige say that some one finds uncalled for . Has a law been passed ? and what is it about , I have not kept up what has been going on .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It's raining LOVE!!            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .....And an Amazing Adventure!!  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Life Is Like baseball, You Will Not Hit Every Pitch!
rc49ers
rc49ers

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed May 09, 2012 4:21 pm

rc49ers wrote:I haven't read what you all are talking about , What did Paige say that some one finds uncalled for . Has a law been passed ? and what is it about , I have not kept up what has been going on .

Paige's home state of North Carolina passed amendment 1 stating that same-sex marriage is banned from the state. Its a constitutional ammendment that was just passed on Tuesday defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman.

Paige voiced her opinion about it being passed on twitter (she approved of the passing of the amendment) and a lot of people were not happy about he posting her thoughts about what she considered a marriage to be.

Her exact tweets were :
Happy with NC decision. Call it a partnership, relationship etc., not a marriage. Marriage is between a man & woman.
I knew that would cause some anger. There is no hatred & that's not me judging. Why is my opinion ignorant but yours isn't?
We all have our Beliefs. Fact That is the definition of a marriage. I'll stand behind what I believe without putting down other beliefs
CarrieA
CarrieA

Back to top Go down

Post by rc49ers Wed May 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks for explainig that for me , Living in San Francisco 56 years has soften my view on the issue of same sex marriages ,

I understand now the term used in interducing their other is called their lifes partner , I am more confortable with man and woman marring,

But to each his own , Im 80+ and have a good life with my Family and Friends so thats why i believe in live and let live .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It's raining LOVE!!            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .....And an Amazing Adventure!!  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Life Is Like baseball, You Will Not Hit Every Pitch!
rc49ers
rc49ers

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed May 09, 2012 4:41 pm

rc49ers wrote:Thanks for explainig that for me , Living in San Francisco 56 years has soften my view on the issue of same sex marriages ,

I understand now the term used in interducing their other is called their lifes partner , I am more confortable with man and woman marring,

But to each his own , Im 80+ and have a good life with my Family and Friends so thats why i believe in live and let live .

Anytime rc!
CarrieA
CarrieA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 4:47 pm

CarrieA wrote:
rc49ers wrote:I haven't read what you all are talking about , What did Paige say that some one finds uncalled for . Has a law been passed ? and what is it about , I have not kept up what has been going on .

Paige's home state of North Carolina passed amendment 1 stating that same-sex marriage is banned from the state. Its a constitutional ammendment that was just passed on Tuesday defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman.

Paige voiced her opinion about it being passed on twitter (she approved of the passing of the amendment) and a lot of people were not happy about he posting her thoughts about what she considered a marriage to be.

Her exact tweets were :
Happy with NC decision. Call it a partnership, relationship etc., not a marriage. Marriage is between a man & woman.
I knew that would cause some anger. There is no hatred & that's not me judging. Why is my opinion ignorant but yours isn't?
We all have our Beliefs. Fact That is the definition of a marriage. I'll stand behind what I believe without putting down other beliefs

No intent to nit-pick here, but Paige's home state is South Carolina.

Whether I agree or disagree with her is for another forum, but I do feel badly that she stated her opinion and was accused of "gay bashing," hatred, bigotry, and a lot of other things that obviously were out of line. I also think she was badly advised (if at all) about taking this to Twitter at all. It's not a place where any kind of "discussion" can take place. To be seen if she has shot herself (and possibly Jeremiah as well) in the foot. Interesting to note, however, that she changed her Twitter profile pic from one of her and Jeremiah together to one of herself alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Lia wrote:
CarrieA wrote:

Her exact tweets were :

No intent to nit-pick here, but Paige's home state is South Carolina.

Whether I agree or disagree with her is for another forum, but I do feel badly that she stated her opinion and was accused of "gay bashing," hatred, bigotry, and a lot of other things that obviously were out of line. I also think she was badly advised (if at all) about taking this to Twitter at all. It's not a place where any kind of "discussion" can take place. To be seen if she has shot herself (and possibly Jeremiah as well) in the foot. Interesting to note, however, that she changed her Twitter profile pic from one of her and Jeremiah together to one of herself alone.

rotfl Thanks, I always screw that up. Also, thanks for bringing over the info on her picture change! 👋
CarrieA
CarrieA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Hugesmile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Wed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm

There was one more twitter that's missing in the quote list. She mentioned having gay friends and that it's her view for her of marriage. I thought that toned the twitter exchange down a bit. I do hope to hear more from her about Jeremiah too - pic situation is interesting - but the last we heard from her she said how sweet he was and that she wants to be 'cornfed'. Paige is struggling with some of the same things many of us went thru at that age and twitter is a bit too easy to say what you think. I know I"ve been saying more on Facebook lately than my internal rules tell me to!

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed May 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Paige does have a PR Rep. I have been in communication with her rep since before the SHA Finale aired. I don't think she has control over what Paige Tweets.

I may or may not agree with Paige, but everyone has the right to the way they feel. It is okay to have a difference of opinion. It doesn't make one person right and one person wrong. I can respect her right to how she believes without agreeing with her or putting her down for it.

If Paige is going to post her beliefs about a controversial subject, then she needs to be willing to accept the consequences of that action...and I think she is willing.

If people choose not to follow people that don't agree with them on certain subjects, that is their right. I personally like to hear as many perspectives on a subject as I can. Twitter, however, doesn't lend itself to anything other than making brief statements that can be misconstrued...
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers

+40
jlccaz
umngirl
mome2jk
draven31
NadjaM