SELECT CONTENT

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers - Page 28 Empty Re: Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Beeleever wrote:Paige does have a PR Rep. I have been in communication with her rep since before the SHA Finale aired. I don't think she has control over what Paige Tweets.

I may or may not agree with Paige, but everyone has the right to the way they feel. It is okay to have a difference of opinion. It doesn't make one person right and one person wrong. I can respect her right to how she believes without agreeing with her or putting her down for it.

If Paige is going to post her beliefs about a controversial subject, then she needs to be willing to accept the consequences of that action...and I think she is willing.

If people choose not to follow people that don't agree with them on certain subjects, that is their right. I personally like to hear as many perspectives on a subject as I can. Twitter, however, doesn't lend itself to anything other than making brief statements that can be misconstrued...
:Clap:

Back to top Go down

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers - Page 28 Empty Re: Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers

Post by Chacharo Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 pm

I don't follow her on twitter (disclaimer - I don't follow anybody - I don't even have an account). But if I did, I'd unfollow her. No time in my life for bigoted, narrow-minded people. Not a good way to win friends and influence fans. JMHO
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Wed May 09, 2012 11:46 pm

So calling someone else who differs from you, bigoted, makes you what? I don't understand the double standard? Its not ok for Paige to have her biblical beliefs? Agree or disagree is fine, but to call someone names is childish.
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Thu May 10, 2012 12:37 am

Pattycake92 wrote:So calling someone else who differs from you, bigoted, makes you what? I don't understand the double standard? Its not ok for Paige to have her biblical beliefs? Agree or disagree is fine, but to call someone names is childish.

Makes me an opinionated, anonymous poster on a message board - not someone trying to extend their 15 minutes of fame? Makes me childish? You pick. Either one is fine with me. It's all good. 👋
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Di_ATL Thu May 10, 2012 12:43 am

Chacharo wrote:I don't follow her on twitter (disclaimer - I don't follow anybody - I don't even have an account). But if I did, I'd unfollow her. No time in my life for bigoted, narrow-minded people. Not a good way to win friends and influence fans. JMHO

Who is being narrow minded now? Last i knew the first amendment states freedom of speech....sounds to me like Paige was merely stating her opinion based on her beliefs and her thoughts...she has that right. You don't have to like them, you don't have to agree with them, BUT calling someone you don't even know narrow minded and bigoted, sounds a little like the pot calling the kettle black doesn't it? :yes:

Jordan to Jojo "I have this feeling that i haven't really had in a long time, and it's scary but it's also the best thing I wake up to every morning"  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Di_ATL
Di_ATL

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Thu May 10, 2012 1:11 am

Di_ATL wrote:
Chacharo wrote:I don't follow her on twitter (disclaimer - I don't follow anybody - I don't even have an account). But if I did, I'd unfollow her. No time in my life for bigoted, narrow-minded people. Not a good way to win friends and influence fans. JMHO

Who is being narrow minded now? Last i knew the first amendment states freedom of speech....sounds to me like Paige was merely stating her opinion based on her beliefs and her thoughts...she has that right. You don't have to like them, you don't have to agree with them, BUT calling someone you don't even know narrow minded and bigoted, sounds a little like the pot calling the kettle black doesn't it? :yes:

I think the opinion she tweeted about marriage is narrow-minded and bigoted. Don't I fall into the same first amendment rights as Paige? As far as I know, Paige is not a posting member of this message board, but I am. First I'm childish and now I'm the pot calling the kettle black? I'm done with this conversation. I stand by what I said. I don't think who I am married to, want to be married to, or who the lesbian next door is married to is anyone's business except for the parties involved, their families, and their churches. :yes:

Yup, Paige has a right to tweet whatever she wants to, just as I have a right to post whatever I want to as long as I'm not calling out another member here or calling them names. I read posts here every day where reality show participants are called all kinds of things. If we're going to start policing that, Love_me and San are going to be very busy girls.
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 am

I see narrow-minded as thinking only one perspective deserves respect, no matter what that perspective is.

I see open-minded as honoring multiple perspectives, no matter what those perspectives are.

Honoring multiple perspectives does not mean you have to agree with them. It means that you believe every human being deserves respect and has the right to their opinion, whether you agree with it or not.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Thu May 10, 2012 2:20 am

Beeleever wrote:I see narrow-minded as thinking only one perspective deserves respect, no matter what that perspective is.

I see open-minded as honoring multiple perspectives, no matter what those perspectives are.

Honoring multiple perspectives does not mean you have to agree with them. It means that you believe every human being deserves respect and has the right to their opinion, whether you agree with it or not.
yes I agree
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu May 10, 2012 5:38 am

dee wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I see narrow-minded as thinking only one perspective deserves respect, no matter what that perspective is.

yes I agree

word
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 am

I don't think ANYONE is knocking her right to say what she said. As everyone is entitled to their opinions and to make profound or ignorant statements, everyone is entitled to comment on it. I personally think that as an E list 'celebrity' trying to get exposure to further your career, this is a rookie none to savvy move (putting it mildly) on her part. THANKFULLY, Jeremiah hasn't commented and has kept his head down. You want people to buy your boyfriend's music and support your career endeavors yet you make politically divisive statements? You think she would have learned by now about keeping some things private. At this point, Paige can go pound sand for all I care, but that doesn't mean I think she doesn't have the right to say what she says. Disappointing. Kudos to you for standing by your convictions...suuure, hope that works out well for you Paige. Rolling Eyes Sigh, oh well, now I need to go watch my Cupcake season again to wash this woman outta my head. The sacrifices we all have to make.
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu May 10, 2012 9:43 am

I help facilitate workshops on honoring multiple perspectives and the piece that participants have the most trouble with is respect.

It is easy to say that everyone is entitled to their opinion because that is widely believed by most.

What is not easy, but essential to this concept, is showing respect to another that has a view polar opposite than your own.

Sometimes I think about what we could accomplish in the world if all would fully embrace this.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Thu May 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Paige has a nice message to J on his facebook - maybe someone can copy it -- or maybe it's already on the media thread.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sweet Home Alabama Season 3 ~ Discussion ~ Spoilers

+40
jlccaz
umngirl
mome2jk
draven31
NadjaM