SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 - 3/23 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 - 3/23 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Episode 10 - 3/23 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion

Post by terabithia Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 pm

I don't think we can know if the producers liked Bubba better, but they sure liked his character and they knew he'd appeal to CMT's target demographic. They didn't like Jeremiah's reluctance to open up in front of the cameras. Producers told Paige and Jeremiah they couldn't exchange letters (after their first letter exchange) because they were filming a TV show.

Paige said in a recent interview the producers were going for a surprise ending. They edited the characters in a way that would manipulate the majority of their audience into believing she couldn't turn down the perfect gentleman cowboy. I am confident they edited Bubba with the idea he'd be the ideal lead for the next SHA, and they did an excellent job of making his fans invested in his journey. Ratings will be up if Bubba agrees to do the show, all his fans will talk him up to their friends, etc.

They've done some interviews, look in our P&J media- no discussion thread. :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can also follow them through Facebook:
and twitter
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 - 3/23 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Episode 10 - 3/23 - Sweet Home Alabama 3 - Discussion

Post by librarian Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 pm

terabithia wrote:Producers told Paige and Jeremiah they couldn't exchange letters (after their first letter exchange) because they were filming a TV show.

Did the producers find out about the letters in the boots while they were filming....... and told them not to do it again? Surely Paige didn't blurt out "OMG look what I found!" Suspect
librarian
librarian

Female Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 pm

terabithia wrote:I don't think we can know if the producers liked Bubba better, but they sure liked his character and they knew he'd appeal to CMT's target demographic. They didn't like Jeremiah's reluctance to open up in front of the cameras. Producers told Paige and Jeremiah they couldn't exchange letters (after their first letter exchange) because they were filming a TV show.

Paige said in a recent interview the producers were going for a surprise ending. They edited the characters in a way that would manipulate the majority of their audience into believing she couldn't turn down the perfect gentleman cowboy. I am confident they edited Bubba with the idea he'd be the ideal lead for the next SHA, and they did an excellent job of making his fans invested in his journey. Ratings will be up if Bubba agrees to do the show, all his fans will talk him up to their friends, etc.

They've done some interviews, look in our P&J media- no discussion thread. Smiley

and twitter

Thank You! yes Like I said I didn't really follow it much until, yesterday, but just heard they were getting a lot of hate from people, and for the life of me I can't understand why! Bubba was indeed a gentleman, and a "southerner" , and I can see where he would "fit" into the demographics more. Jeremiah was also a country boy, handsome and a sweet romantic! But I suppose if he didn't want to play by the rules, trying to keep a few things private instead of bearing his soul on national television, he's probably going to get some heat for it. Actually that only makes me admire him more.

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 pm

From a new interview with a blogger who has covered all of SHA3 --

So why did Jeremiah have such a hard time opening up on camera? One reason is that he knows how reality shows worked – when living in L.A. and pursuing music, he spent a few years working as a camera operator on The Hills and other reality TV shows.

“There’s so many ways they [reality TV show producers in general] can play tricks with you to get you to say what they want you to say. They might say ‘You know, Paige’s friends really didn’t like you,’ so you say ‘Well I don’t care if they liked me!’ and they’ve gotten you all riled up so that’s what they’re going to show. And then you think, man, I should’ve just, like, stayed in bed today.” (And now Paige says her friends couldn’t be happier for them.)

Jeremiah said that he felt episode five painted him in a different light than how things had actually happened, so he stopped watching the show for a little while.
Off to watch episode 5 again, that's when the city boys went to Miami and the country boys went target shooting. scratch
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:43 pm

lavenderred wrote:From a new interview with a blogger who has covered all of SHA3 --

So why did Jeremiah have such a hard time opening up on camera? One reason is that he knows how reality shows worked – when living in L.A. and pursuing music, he spent a few years working as a camera operator on The Hills and other reality TV shows.

“There’s so many ways they [reality TV show producers in general] can play tricks with you to get you to say what they want you to say. They might say ‘You know, Paige’s friends really didn’t like you,’ so you say ‘Well I don’t care if they liked me!’ and they’ve gotten you all riled up so that’s what they’re going to show. And then you think, man, I should’ve just, like, stayed in bed today.” (And now Paige says her friends couldn’t be happier for them.)

Jeremiah said that he felt episode five painted him in a different light than how things had actually happened, so he stopped watching the show for a little while.
Off to watch episode 5 again, that's when the city boys went to Miami and the country boys went target shooting. scratch
It's probably when the city guys come back, and they make Jeremiah look like he's having some hissy fit about their luxurious dates.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritaellen Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:00 pm

veg_out wrote:
jlccaz wrote:
librarian wrote:Does anyone know how long it usually takes after a season has concluded, for it to be available on itunes? I know I can watch all episodes on CMT, but I swear, if I have to watch that damn Lattisse commercial one more time, I'm going to start pulling out my eyelashes.

I was just PM'ing with someone about this yesterday. And it's a crap player in terms of buffering etc. This show is even more larded up with crap/repetitive ads than The Bachelor. It's a complete buzz kill. One has to invest 2 hours for every 15 minutes of desired content. Which only makes "one" feel really bad about herself, and lose sleep, because of course, you keep watching anyway. I'm pretty mad at that Mother who sends her kid to the yoplait section of the grocery store too. Who does that. None of these networks have really figured out ad-supported programming on the internet ... Hulu is the best for ad duration, variety, quality, targeting.

That Latisse ad is like restless leg syndrome. And talk about making one feel middle aged and depressed about falling within the show's apparent demographic!

I could go on and on. Thanks for the post.

I laugh so hard at this that I couldn't breath. I actually have restless leg syndrome and it fits so perfectly. Of course if I were n't so obsessed and rewatching it (not going to say how many times) the commercials wouldn't bother me. But that freaking Latisse ad is insane. You can't close it because it is flashing so fast you can't click on it. I tried and it just re-started the stupid thing. I finally just timed the commercials and let it run while i did the dishes, made the beds and vacuumed the whole house. (which was only the first set of commercials) hahaha. I am glad I don't like yoplait and why for gosh sake isn't someone behind her in the checkout line screaming "hurry up lady". She definately doesn't go to the same grocery store that I do.

Best post of the day! rotfl

Ritaellen

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Max64 wrote:
terabithia wrote:I don't think we can know if the producers liked Bubba better, but they sure liked his character and they knew he'd appeal to CMT's target demographic. They didn't like Jeremiah's reluctance to open up in front of the cameras. Producers told Paige and Jeremiah they couldn't exchange letters (after their first letter exchange) because they were filming a TV show.

They've done some interviews, look in our P&J media- no discussion thread. Smiley

and twitter

Thank You! yes Like I said I didn't really follow it much until, yesterday, but just heard they were getting a lot of hate from people, and for the life of me I can't understand why! Bubba was indeed a gentleman, and a "southerner" , and I can see where he would "fit" into the demographics more. Jeremiah was also a country boy, handsome and a sweet romantic! But I suppose if he didn't want to play by the rules, trying to keep a few things private instead of bearing his soul on national television, he's probably going to get some heat for it. Actually that only makes me admire him more.

I totally feel the same way, because with Jeremiah, it was so obvious that his emotions were so raw and REAL, something that you don't often see on these dating shows. OTOH, Bubba may have also been sincere, but he came across so much more rehearsed and, for lack of a better word, canned in his comments/responses. Makes me wonder if he would have "fallen" equally hard if the lead had been one of the other rejected women from the previous season, and tried to get her to fit into his open slot for a "wife" as well.

The premise of this whole series has always been to pit the country (ie, good) against the city (ie, evil), so it doesn't surprise me that when the producers saw a way to turn their last 2 men standing on this one into a fight pitting good against evil, they edited both guys to produce a greater extreme between their characters than what surely existed. And even though it would be nice, as Jeremiah said, to show "good" winning, the demographic of the show is so tailor made for what Bubba represents, that the producers were never going to present him as flawed in any way. As a result, JJ had to become the bad guy, and they had to exaggerate all his flaws, or invent some.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:29 pm

I didn't get to see only 3 episodes, but did enjoy it. I saw Jeremiah was the one because her mind was only on him in that fishing date. I hope Bubba will be the next lead. I learned on the finale that he was from Geneva, AL. Which is in my neck of the woods, although I live in florida. Use to travel there when my son played pee wee football. I always love watching a love story and Paige and Jeremiah was one.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:15 pm

pbmax wrote:I didn't get to see only 3 episodes, but did enjoy it. I saw Jeremiah was the one because her mind was only on him in that fishing date. I hope Bubba will be the next lead. I learned on the finale that he was from Geneva, AL. Which is in my neck of the woods, although I live in florida. Use to travel there when my son played pee wee football. I always love watching a love story and Paige and Jeremiah was one.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Bubba as the next lead. Would be curious who he would pick! I just hope he doesn't do the 'ring shopping' thing again!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:34 pm

atem wrote:
pbmax wrote:I didn't get to see only 3 episodes, but did enjoy it. I saw Jeremiah was the one because her mind was only on him in that fishing date. I hope Bubba will be the next lead. I learned on the finale that he was from Geneva, AL. Which is in my neck of the woods, although I live in florida. Use to travel there when my son played pee wee football. I always love watching a love story and Paige and Jeremiah was one.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Bubba as the next lead. Would be curious who he would pick! I just hope he doesn't do the 'ring shopping' thing again!

I wouldn't mind seeing Bubba as the next lead either. I think it would be interesting to see who he picks, probably a country girl. I don't see Bubba changing his ways, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it would have to be someone that could just fit into his lifestyle without skipping a beat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

atem wrote:

I think Bubba would end up picking someone who has an occupation similar to his or Little Shaun's . JMO
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:19 am

Here you go! I would suggest watching it in either 720 or 1080hd 👋