SELECT CONTENT

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by albean99 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 am

Well the ending was predictable. I had thought Danielle would win almost all season but was hoping Michelle's surge would overcome it. I do think Danielle's extremely talented and will do well. I just worry about her being so young so hope her family can keep her grounded.

I think Michelle did a world of good for herself & hope that Usher will help her launch her career. I think he will.

The Swon Brothers did better than any previous duo but am not sure if it will help them get a contract. I had forgotten about Justin Rivers until last night but think he's very good and stands a chance of getting noticed in Nashville.

I loved the videos involving the coaches, especially the bromance ones. I'll miss Shakira & Usher next season. Shakira needs some help in song choices for her team before she comes back. I also hope that someone can challenge Blake. He's proving to be brilliant at marketing his people to get votes. Adam's better at bringing out versatility in his people but I think that hurt Amber who could have challenged Danielle a bit more than she did. All in all a good season but hope we don't get so much country next time.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by DMBFan Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:01 am

albean99 wrote:Well the ending was predictable. I had thought Danielle would win almost all season but was hoping Michelle's surge would overcome it. I do think Danielle's extremely talented and will do well. I just worry about her being so young so hope her family can keep her grounded.

I think Michelle did a world of good for herself & hope that Usher will help her launch her career. I think he will.

The Swon Brothers did better than any previous duo but am not sure if it will help them get a contract. I had forgotten about Justin Rivers until last night but think he's very good and stands a chance of getting noticed in Nashville.

I loved the videos involving the coaches, especially the bromance ones. I'll miss Shakira & Usher next season. Shakira needs some help in song choices for her team before she comes back. I also hope that someone can challenge Blake. He's proving to be brilliant at marketing his people to get votes. Adam's better at bringing out versatility in his people but I think that hurt Amber who could have challenged Danielle a bit more than she did. All in all a good season but hope we don't get so much country next time.

I haven't watched this weeks yet, but I knew Danielle would win so not sure if I will bother now. I agree with you on the Blake & country. I certainly lost interest as the season went on. While I can acknowledge that Danielle is an amazing singer, I'm not a country fan and would never buy her album. We ended up fast-forwarding through Blake's teams performances the past few weeks. It just sounded the same after awhile.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am

We f/f through a lot of performances last night although I liked Michelle with One Republic, DMBfan. My dh was really annoyed with Blake this season because he always went with the country singer when they went up against anyone else. He was on a mission this season. I don't know why any non-country acts would choose him as their coach next season. He may have locked himself into a genre unlike the others.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Widder Woman Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:40 pm

I had never thought of myself as someone who likes country, but I must admit this season's country singers impressed me greatly.  I'm perfectly happy that Danielle won, and it's fine with me that this is a three-peat for Blake.  Why would I want to sneer at, or hold back, someone who is consistently good at coaching his singers to victory?

I thought Shakira and Usher were wonderful, and far better than Christina and CeeLo.  I hope Shakira and Usher will return next spring, once we get through this fall's season with Christina and CeeLo.
Widder Woman
Widder Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:40 pm

I don't like Blake but country have a large and strong fanbase that has been proven for years on these singing shows, even if they are not the better singer.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Thrilled Danielle won and happy for Blake to get the 3peat!   She's one talented young girl and will go far.  Blake knows how to pick songs, plain and simple.  He knows what the public wants and gives it to them.  I can appreciate the voices of others, but if I don't know or care for the song... don't really care what their range is and how what notes they can hit... I'd vote for the one that entertained me the most... and I think that's how the majority felt, hence Blake having 2 in the final 3 this season.  Country is making a comeback, much like it did in the late 80's early 90's and is being enjoyed by more and more young people.  I know my boys who would never, ever listen to it, is all they listen to now and that's the concerts they attend as they have a blast at them.  XM59 is the channel we all listen too these days.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Since the Country base votes in huge numbers, I can't see anyone dethroning Blake at all. He stacks his team with only Country singers because of it. I knew he would win. Same thing happened on AI when the Country singers got further into the competition.
Could be the demise of the show if this continues.

I do love to watch the blind auditions and the battlerounds but then turn to some other show. I want to see all coaches teams have a chance but don't think that will happen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:22 pm

But what if country music is just that popular??  maybe the other judges need to take note about what the American public prefers!!

eta - each coach does have a chance - it's the voters that pick who they like.

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Brill wrote:Since the Country base votes in huge numbers, I can't see anyone dethroning Blake at all. He stacks his team with only Country singers because of it. I knew he would win. Same thing happened on AI when the Country singers got further into the competition.
Could be the demise of the show if this continues.

I do love to watch the blind auditions and the battlerounds but then turn to some other show. I want to see all coaches teams have a chance but don't think that will happen.
Exactly the same thing happen with AI and the X Factor, it's the huge country fans voting block.......If this trend continues it might as well be name The Country Voice, because that is all that's going to happen.....Which I don't mind country but now every year's winner need to come from that one particular sect of music......

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Widder Woman Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Brill, you say "he stacks his team with only Country singers," making it sound as though he's doing something underhanded.  Why wouldn't a country star be the best coach for aspiring country singers?  I think it makes the most sense in the world to have him coaching them.
Widder Woman
Widder Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Again, it's not about voting blocks, fans who vote all night long, clearing their cache's and voting til their fingers hurt...it's about the whole country being full of country fans... it's a growing genre that is surpassing all others. Have you seen the country concerts that go on during the summer and the number of people who attend them? whole familes going... it's like PG entertainment for the whole family laugh out loud I'm sorry for all those who prefer a different style, but it is what it is. Maybe in the next 10 yrs it'll be something else, but for now, country is where it's at :yes:

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:24 pm

northernviewer wrote:Again, it's not about voting blocks,  fans who vote all night long, clearing their cache's and voting til their fingers hurt...it's about the whole country being full of country fans... it's a growing genre that is surpassing all others.  Have you seen the country concerts that go on during the summer and the number of people who attend them?  whole familes going... it's like PG entertainment for the whole family laugh out loud    I'm sorry for all those who prefer a different style, but it is what it is.  Maybe in the next 10 yrs it'll be something else, but for now, country is where it's at  :yes:
OK, just like on any other voting show, the larger the fan base the longer the person will stay in even if they are not better, look at DWTS.........

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

+16
Widder Woman
DMBFan
docnash14
atem
HowSoonIsNow