SELECT CONTENT

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Widder Woman Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Northernviewer, I think you're correct that country music is enjoying a resurgence in popularity across the US and in Canada.  For the last few weeks I've been listening to a country station in Vancouver, BC (I'm in Bellingham, WA) that I'm enjoying far more than local pop stations' music.

Country purists lament what is currently called "country," saying it's been taken over and corrupted by rock.  Perhaps that's why I'm liking it these days.
Widder Woman
Widder Woman

Back to top Go down

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Brill Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:38 pm

If you love Country Music there is nothing wrong with that, didn't say there was.  Also the first time Blake won was not with a country artist, I just think he knows what works nothing wrong with that either. 

I do listen to the first 2 sections of the show and then change to something else. I guess I'm just not a fan of the music. No offence to those of you that are.  Hey that's what makes the world go around is the variety and options we all have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:Again, it's not about voting blocks,  fans who vote all night long, clearing their cache's and voting til their fingers hurt...it's about the whole country being full of country fans... it's a growing genre that is surpassing all others.  Have you seen the country concerts that go on during the summer and the number of people who attend them?  whole familes going... it's like PG entertainment for the whole family laugh out loud    I'm sorry for all those who prefer a different style, but it is what it is.  Maybe in the next 10 yrs it'll be something else, but for now, country is where it's at  :yes:
OK, just like on any other voting show, the larger the fan base the longer the person will stay in even if they are not better, look at DWTS.........

as long as the format of the show is for the public to vote... it'll be about popularity, not about who's the best... but then again, who's the "best" is subjective as we all have different tastes, so what I consider best might not be what you do... c'est la vie....

eta - I think the one thing that all the coaches agreed on was that Danielle had the "perfect" voice and had no weaknesses, so I think this year the best singer did win.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:42 pm

northernviewer wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:Again, it's not about voting blocks,  fans who vote all night long, clearing their cache's and voting til their fingers hurt...it's about the whole country being full of country fans... it's a growing genre that is surpassing all others.  Have you seen the country concerts that go on during the summer and the number of people who attend them?  whole familes going... it's like PG entertainment for the whole family laugh out loud    I'm sorry for all those who prefer a different style, but it is what it is.  Maybe in the next 10 yrs it'll be something else, but for now, country is where it's at  :yes:
OK, just like on any other voting show, the larger the fan base the longer the person will stay in even if they are not better, look at DWTS.........

as long as the format of the show is for the public to vote... it'll be about popularity, not about who's the best... but then again, who's the "best" is subjective as we all have different tastes, so what I consider best might not be what you do... c'est la vie....

eta - I think the one thing that all the coaches agreed on was that Danielle had the "perfect" voice and had no weaknesses, so I think this year the best singer did win.
But I am willing to bet if Danielle was on Usher's team or Sharkia's she wouldn't have won.......Like you said it's a popularity contest.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Widder Woman Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
But I am willing to bet if Danielle was on Usher's team or Sharkia's she wouldn't have won.......Like you said it's a popularity contest.....
I think it's entirely possible Danielle wouldn't have won with another coach, but not for the reason you're suggesting, namely, Blake's popularity.  I think it because he's the best coach to choose songs and styling for country songs.
Widder Woman
Widder Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Widder Woman wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
I think it's entirely possible Danielle wouldn't have won with another coach, but not for the reason you're suggesting, namely, Blake's popularity.  I think it because he's the best coach to choose songs and styling for country songs.

As I have said to you previously, I think you are touching on the key to Blake's success.  Would love to know if he chooses these songs on his own or others (e.g. Miranda) helps him out.  I thought Judith Hill had one of the best voices but the week she was kicked off I knew as soon as I heard her song that she would be in danger as I didn't think that it (the song) would resonate with the majority of viewers. 

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Widder Woman Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:09 am

docnash14 wrote:
As I have said to you previously, I think you are touching on the key to Blake's success.  Would love to know if he chooses these songs on his own or others (e.g. Miranda) helps him out.  I thought Judith Hill had one of the best voices but the week she was kicked off I knew as soon as I heard her song that she would be in danger as I didn't think that it (the song) would resonate with the majority of viewers.

Ahhh, Judith Hill.  Early in the season I thought she and Sasha Allen were the ones to beat.  How wrong I was.

It's entirely possible others help Blake choose songs.  It's equally possible that the rest of the coaches also have others who help them choose songs.  We know each coach had an adviser sitting alongside through much of the season.  The advisers tended to be people who are stars in the same genre as the coaches.

I was reflecting a bit ago on why Blake is a likely coach for a country singer.  Remember the night The Swon Brothers sang "Fishing in the Dark"?  None of the other coaches knew that song.  Neither did I.  It turns out it's an old Nitty Gritty Dirt Band song, and those familiar with country music would know it right away.  Had The Swon Brothers been part of another coach's team that song wouldn't have been chosen for them because the other coaches didn't know of it.  And I think it was one of the songs that made the public sit up and take notice of them.

And that all goes back to why it makes perfect sense for Blake to coach aspiring country singers.  He knows that genre and the others don't.  Conversely, they know rock and pop, and Blake doesn't.
Widder Woman
Widder Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:43 am

I totally agree about Blake and his song choices, and said that yesterday as to why his contestants go far... he knows what people like and gives it to them. I knew all the country songs and would hum along with them.... some of the other songs the others sang, had never heard them before and I'm not just a country fan, I listen to mostly top 100 pop stuff... but the other coaches pick songs that might highlight the voice but that's not what the North American public is voting on. It's a combination of good voice and a song choice that the public is familiar with. Blake has the ability to touch the heart with the songs he gets his contestants to sing. The other coaches would be wise to learn from him, and concentrate on their song choice.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:39 pm

I barely knew any of the songs Blake chose for his team this season. I don't mind a little country if it's Keith Urban or a little pop-ish but not old fashioned country. Amber was one of my favorites this season and still don't know why Adam didn't let her sing country.

I hope the Voice doesn't turn too country next season. I don't think it's as popular as the end result was. Idol only ever had 2 country winners although Kree came pretty close this season. I tend to like voices rather than genre but it doesn't mean I'll buy their cds (unless they look like Casey James).  ❤

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Widder Woman wrote:
docnash14 wrote:

Ahhh, Judith Hill.  Early in the season I thought she and Sasha Allen were the ones to beat.  How wrong I was.

It's entirely possible others help Blake choose songs.  It's equally possible that the rest of the coaches also have others who help them choose songs.  We know each coach had an adviser sitting alongside through much of the season.  The advisers tended to be people who are stars in the same genre as the coaches.

I was reflecting a bit ago on why Blake is a likely coach for a country singer.  Remember the night The Swon Brothers sang "Fishing in the Dark"?  None of the other coaches knew that song.  Neither did I.  It turns out it's an old Nitty Gritty Dirt Band song, and those familiar with country music would know it right away.  Had The Swon Brothers been part of another coach's team that song wouldn't have been chosen for them because the other coaches didn't know of it.  And I think it was one of the songs that made the public sit up and take notice of them.

And that all goes back to why it makes perfect sense for Blake to coach aspiring country singers.  He knows that genre and the others don't.  Conversely, they know rock and pop, and Blake doesn't.

True but let's remember that Blake's first win was with Jermaine Paul who clearly leans toward pop.  And Cassadee may be trying to make it in country but did not come on the Voice with country as her primary genre.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Widder Woman Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:39 pm

docnash14 wrote:
True but let's remember that Blake's first win was with Jermaine Paul who clearly leans toward pop.  And Cassadee may be trying to make it in country but did not come on the Voice with country as her primary genre.
Last season was the first time I watched The Voice, so I don't really know what happened before that.  But now I'm scratching my memory about Cassadee.  You're right, she was pop/rock, which goes back to our earlier conversation about country being infiltrated by rock.
Widder Woman
Widder Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

+16
Widder Woman
DMBFan
docnash14
atem
HowSoonIsNow