SELECT CONTENT

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4

Page 60 of 63 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 60 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Mimi27 wrote:
auntie wrote:
SueSt wrote:
auntie wrote:
SueSt wrote:
nd4reality wrote:Here are my questions

What exactly did we see on the HTD that made it so pivotal. From a causal viewer (without the benefit of the previews) we would say they all ended up on a happy note. At least that is what it was edited to be. Then why would CH say that the HTs would make the ending of the season clear ?

Good questions ND... so for me the focus has to be on Brooks and his HTD... because unlike Drew and Chris' dates... there seemed to be a lot up in the air... #1 - warning bell for me was that I personally didn't think Brooks' mother was too keen on Des... and maybe that's what caused Brooks to step back... and if that was the reason he stepped back, I don't think he's coming back...

That's exactly what I thought as well.  Though I will add that I think the discussion with the brothers and sister really gave him pause.  If he wasn't ready to say he could make Des happy for the rest of their lives right then and there and then had a week to ruminate on it without seeing her- it might have put him on Meltdown Road by the time he sees her in Antigua.  But Sue is right, he made clear that momma's opinion was first and foremost.

Thanks Auntie... so being a relative newbie to these forums.. if this is correct and the spoilers are wrong - WOW - how often does that happen?

The spoilers have been wrong before- it is not an impossible feat.  But it is unlikely.  Since Brad 2.0 the number and reliability of the spoilers has increased (at least IMO).  In the past, when there was an update, even from Love, she shared as soon as she was sure.  I don't put much stock in RS anymore but Love, San, sophie, and RS all together is pretty telling.  So while not impossible, it is kind of a "dangerous" hope to bet against them.

In any case, I've been ruminating on something for a while.  I think we have been so focused on Brooks and his leaving and coming back (at least some of which I'm pretty sure happens) that I think we're missing something with Drew.  Some issue, drama, twist, positive development- really I don't know.  But something happens with Drew's story arc- which is why the SCs for both Brooks and Drew don't quite add up.  Does that mean the spoilers are incorrect.  No, not necessarily.  But if we're trying to put the puzzle of what happens to get us from Point A to Point B together then I think we're still missing something besides just Brooks leaves.

The missing piece might be what Des told CH about her feelings for Drew. She must have said something, either positive or negative! Maybe it didn't fit into the storyboard, so it was omitted.

Yes, and the notable lack of any PI dialogue on Drew- positive or negative- gives me pause.  I doubt she took him all the way to F3ish without much more of a verbal opinion so I figure this is TPTB editing.

Drew's reaction to the James situation also makes me wonder.  He openly questioned why Des was allowing him to stick around.  Before anyone freaks out- no I am not at all comparing the types of guys!  But just in terms of the situation I don't think Drew would take well to Brooks leaving and coming back. Even if TPTB are keeping footage from us, the seed they have sown is that Chris is the only one with a straight line story arc from here to the FRC.  Both Drew and Brooks' ends are cloudy.  

My experience is that there are no coincidences in TPTB Land.  It may be that Chris is in fact at the FRC...but whatever the conflicts still to overcome which remain in the season, those likely involve Brooks and, at least to some extent, Drew.

Back to top Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 60 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Mimi27 wrote:
auntie wrote:
SueSt wrote:
auntie wrote:
SueSt wrote:

What exactly did we see on the HTD that made it so pivotal. From a causal viewer (without the benefit of the previews) we would say they all ended up on a happy note. At least that is what it was edited to be. Then why would CH say that the HTs would make the ending of the season clear ?

Good questions ND... so for me the focus has to be on Brooks and his HTD... because unlike Drew and Chris' dates... there seemed to be a lot up in the air... #1 - warning bell for me was that I personally didn't think Brooks' mother was too keen on Des... and maybe that's what caused Brooks to step back... and if that was the reason he stepped back, I don't think he's coming back...

That's exactly what I thought as well.  Though I will add that I think the discussion with the brothers and sister really gave him pause.  If he wasn't ready to say he could make Des happy for the rest of their lives right then and there and then had a week to ruminate on it without seeing her- it might have put him on Meltdown Road by the time he sees her in Antigua.  But Sue is right, he made clear that momma's opinion was first and foremost.

Thanks Auntie... so being a relative newbie to these forums.. if this is correct and the spoilers are wrong - WOW - how often does that happen?

The spoilers have been wrong before- it is not an impossible feat.  But it is unlikely.  Since Brad 2.0 the number and reliability of the spoilers has increased (at least IMO).  In the past, when there was an update, even from Love, she shared as soon as she was sure.  I don't put much stock in RS anymore but Love, San, sophie, and RS all together is pretty telling.  So while not impossible, it is kind of a "dangerous" hope to bet against them.

In any case, I've been ruminating on something for a while.  I think we have been so focused on Brooks and his leaving and coming back (at least some of which I'm pretty sure happens) that I think we're missing something with Drew.  Some issue, drama, twist, positive development- really I don't know.  But something happens with Drew's story arc- which is why the SCs for both Brooks and Drew don't quite add up.  Does that mean the spoilers are incorrect.  No, not necessarily.  But if we're trying to put the puzzle of what happens to get us from Point A to Point B together then I think we're still missing something besides just Brooks leaves.

The missing piece might be what Des told CH about her feelings for Drew. She must have said something, either positive or negative! Maybe it didn't fit into the storyboard, so it was omitted.

CH said we wouldn't understand it until we see the finale. What wouldn't we understand about her having feelings for Drew?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:36 pm

SueSt wrote:
auntie wrote:

Any idea of what it could be???

I haven't missed that there's something with Drew, too. I've always thought that both Drew and Brooks has something to do with the finale.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:What?  You don't think Chris getting his nasal cavities cleared out was the pivotal moment?  :Smiley: 

I agree, it must have something to do with the visit with Brooks' family.  Des was asking if he was ready to settle down, and she was told yes, to the right girl.  I'd take that as a warning if he wasn't responding like the other guys.  However, maybe the speed at which Brooks is responding is more natural.  Who knows.

I just keep on having suspicions about Drew.  The first spoiler we got was that he was F1.  Then he was F4, then F3, and now he appears to be at least F2.  The horse who is coming up from behind.  To take it all?  Why do we never hear Des say anything about Drew when she's telling Chris H she loves Brooks, but she also feels a lot for Chris.  Could she also be saying something very positive about Drew, but they don't want us to hear about that?  I'm guessing every season the lead is telling Chris who they have fallen for, or at least who they like best.  But we don't get to see that.  They want us to know Des is head-over-heels for Brooks.  Why?  Because he leaves and returns, pledging his undying love?  Or because he leaves, and she realizes that she's better off with a wonderful guy who is crazy about her and won't leave her?
yes 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:12 pm

This was something that was a few pages back. If I remember right Jason's aunt thought DeAnna picked him. Not sure if he told her that but she was on another board and a lot of people bought her story. I didn't care about the ending after Graham left so didn't pay a lot of attention.

While I think it's interesting to try to see how far Drew goes, I'd prefer he not go to the FRC if he's just going to be more hurt. I do believe it's possible the spoilers could be wrong however it's unlikely given the number of people with the same ending. I think Drew will be just fine and looks happy now. If he's the surprise F1 I'll be happy but it's not what I'm expecting at all.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:16 pm

canyonvue wrote:
Mimi27 wrote:
auntie wrote:
SueSt wrote:
auntie wrote:
SueSt wrote:

CH said we wouldn't understand it until we see the finale. What wouldn't we understand about her having feelings for Drew?
Drew was the only one that said that when he returned he was going to a engaged man. If viewer haven't been paying attention to Drew and Des, you can see alot about their interactions on his HTD.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:17 pm

albean99 wrote:This was something that was a few pages back. If I remember right Jason's aunt thought DeAnna picked him. Not sure if he told her that but she was on another board and a lot of people bought her story. I didn't care about the ending after Graham left so didn't pay a lot of attention.

While I think it's interesting to try to see how far Drew goes, I'd prefer he not go to the FRC if he's just going to be more hurt. I do believe it's possible the spoilers could be wrong however it's unlikely given the number of people with the same ending. I think Drew will be just fine and looks happy now. If he's the surprise F1 I'll be happy but it's not what I'm expecting at all.

I too hope that he isn't too hurt if at all at the FRC. I would prefer him to be let go earlier for sure.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 pm

SueSt wrote:

I believe she liked Des just fine, just like she told Brooks, but I also think she expects Brooks to think for himself, and like she said, exercise good judgement. She said she trusted his judgement (which puts a lot of pressure on him, that's for sure). I don't think she wanted to push him in any direction. That's probably the way she's always raised him—to think for himself, to trust his own judgement.

So, she put it on him. She said they'd all be behind his choice. I just think she knows how to lead without having to yell and scream and whatever else parents who are NOT in control do. She's definitely very in control of that family (in a good way). She's had to learn to be a mom and a dad to 10 kids without killing herself. I think she's amazing, actually. And Brooks adores her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:28 pm

nd4reality wrote:
albean99 wrote:This was something that was a few pages back. If I remember right Jason's aunt thought DeAnna picked him. Not sure if he told her that but she was on another board and a lot of people bought her story. I didn't care about the ending after Graham left so didn't pay a lot of attention.

I too hope that he isn't too hurt if at all at the FRC. I would prefer him to be let go earlier for sure.

I don't think Drew is going to get to the FRC. She'll let him go before. Chris and Brooks will be there IMO. I think Brooks will probably meet her family sometime after they're engaged. I think that's why Nate said don't believe the spoilers. He probably met Brooks after the fact.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Beagle wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

I don't think Drew is going to get to the FRC. She'll let him go before. Chris and Brooks will be there IMO. I think Brooks will probably meet her family  sometime after they're engaged. I think that's why Nate said don't believe the spoilers. He probably met Brooks after the fact.

Why would Nate say don't believe the spoilers ? He would have just kept his mouth shut.
And I'd like to see the proof that Brooks is at the FRC if you have any. I do have proof that Brooks is in the back of a limo with his eyes red. I don't have proof that Drew was at the FRC either. But neither is their proof of him being let go before. I do have proof that Chris is in the back of a limo rubbing his face.
This is all wishful thinking that is plaguing the board since episode 1.

iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:48 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Beagle wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

I don't think Drew is going to get to the FRC. She'll let him go before. Chris and Brooks will be there IMO. I think Brooks will probably meet her family  sometime after they're engaged. I think that's why Nate said don't believe the spoilers. He probably met Brooks after the fact.

Why would Nate say don't believe the spoilers ? He would have just kept his mouth shut.
And I'd like to see the proof that Brooks is at the FRC if you have any. I do have proof that Brooks is in the back of a limo with his eyes red. I don't have proof that Drew was at the FRC either. But neither is their proof of him being let go before. I do have proof that Chris is in the back of a limo rubbing his face.

I'm a Drew fan. I wanted him to be the next Bachelor. Brooks does absolutely nothing for me, physically or otherwise. In fact I don't even feel he's that much into Desiree but I do think he's F1 because she's head over heels for him. Nate, right after the FRC said to not believe the spoilers and he favored something about Chris. At that time I don't think he was aware of Brooks. He probably found out after the engagement. I don't think Nate is one to keep his mouth completely shut. I'm thinking he met Chris and Drew so to him Brooks as F1 had to be wrong. I don't have any proof of anything, I did say IMO. Drew is my favorite. He's the one that kept me watching this season, but to be truthful I just don't see him with Desiree.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Beagle wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
Beagle wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

I'm a Drew fan. I wanted him to be the next Bachelor. Brooks does absolutely nothing for me, physically or otherwise. In fact I don't even feel he's that much into Desiree but I do think he's F1 because she's head over heels for him. Nate, right after the FRC said to not believe the spoilers and he favored something about Chris. At that time I don't think he was aware of Brooks. He probably found out after the engagement. I don't think Nate is one to keep his mouth completely shut. I'm thinking he met Chris and Drew so to him Brooks as F1 had to be wrong. I don't have any proof of anything, I did say IMO. Drew is my favorite. He's the one that kept me watching this season, but to be truthful I just don't see him with Desiree.

We still don't have enough information to determine where this thing is going. The only thing we do have is SCs. The rest are all missing pieces. And a whole lot of wishful thinking and filling in to match up the spoiler. Brooks at the FRC is as we stand, a stretch. Now Chris at the FRC we know - either coming or going. That magazine that printed Drew's and Brooks' faces on the cover (which is possibly a spill over from last weeks article on HTDs) only really mentioned BOTH Chris' dates. Either way, their information is not fool proof.

Nate appears to be a bit of a blabber mouth if he did in fact know the ending and shot his mouth out about the spoilers.

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 63 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #4

+65
lavenderred
Longhornfan
Mimi27
iamreal2u
elizabeth88