SELECT CONTENT

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by JBF Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Episode 8: Edit Odds & Ends…

Oh Mister Fleiss. Stop picking our brains and allow them time to heal first

I had a dream last night…

.. and Desie was struggling a bit following Zak’s dream (melting into sand and getting snowed on, popping kids, etc.) but she really dug it. “We both want to make the most out of every moment.” (Penguins giving out the snow-cones to the kiddies.)

Sister is concerned Zak might get heartbroken.

Yet we find out that Zak made it past the friend zone. His ring from Atlantic City got a very sad reaction from her. I was fully expecting her to return it at rose ceremony time, but the emotion in his eyes was so strong that you just knew the end of this episode wouldn’t be easy to sit through.

Then again, he could become Bachelor.

Key critter on Zak’s hometown: honey bee pollinating the flowers. I thought that was sweet. After all, Des tells the kids there is plenty of sugar in the snow cone truck.

“I want to join Drew’s family right now. I want to stay”

… and why not? His sister Melissa is an angel.

Des can’t stop making out with Cutie Pie Drew. I noticed that she pokes him a lot like the Pillsbury Dough Boy just to get him to giggle.

Mom is concerned Drew might get heartbroken… and it is easy to see why. He is as “into” Des as Zak is. He tells his family he fell for her right out of the limo in night #1! “Rush of exhilaration” is Drew’s favorite line this night. At least both mom and dad support his decision to propose to her.

Key critter on Drew’s hometown: Arizona desert cottontail bunny… probably with butterflies in his tummy. Drew is our star Butterfly Boy, y’know.

"It is important for Chris' family to love me because they can have influence on how he feels."

Why? If you don’t choose him, you should care less if his family loves you.

Actually this was the promo quote. How it was worded on the show was like this: “Knowing how much Chris’ family’s opinion means to him, it is important for Chris’ family to love me… so he can feel comfortable with moving forward in our relationship.”

What? So you can then dump him? Or not… *chuckle chuckle*

In any case, Chris is confident that they will fall for her… 100%. (JP loved saying 100% on his hometown date in Long Island, New York.)

I do think Chris is too confident thinking Desiree’s sketchbook of their journey was an experience “only her and I share”. After all, she also wrote some sort of “list” for Brooks on his hometown.

The daddy/son talk was definitely different… getting those nasal passages worked on. We saw it all before the season in that surreal youtube video when the sleuthers were seeking info on all of the guys. At least George straightened Desiree’s back before having the talk with her.

FINALLY! Chris gets THE GUITAR RIFT a.k.a. Ryan & Trista Sutter… it’s about time!

This music starts when Becky gives Des the approval (after Des practically states that she sees Chris as the father of her children). The word “smitten” is borrowed from the Ashley Hebert/Ilene Rosenbaum talk two years ago. Becky tells Chris that Desiree is a strong woman (a quality missing in his heartbroken experience before), she is welcomed to their family and “everybody is on the same page”. She voice-overs again “When you truly love your children, you want the best for them.”

The guitar rift keeps playing nonstop as Chris and Des kiss by the mini-van as Des voice-overs “I’m a little sad to say goodbye to Chris. I don’t want to leave yet. It is so great to see his family and the day went so well. He has everything there that I’m looking for. There’s definite husband potential in Chris and it is so amazing.”

Now… Chris already said back in episode #6 that he is 100% NOT here to be the Bachelor so I think it is rather unnecessary for Des to go on and on like that… but who knows what that little devil Mike Fleiss is up to.

Didn’t see any critters on Chris’ date. Kinda unfair if you ask me.

“Knowing how much Brook’s family’s opinion means to him, I really need their approval.”

Are you and Brooks going to do something-something Mumsie and Dad won’t approve of?

I must confess that Brooks had the BEST entrance in his hometown. He emerges on top of a hill like Paul Bunyan. Larger than life. He is probably better looking in his scruff this episode than any previous. Des tells him she is only skipping today. What? I thought she was at the finish line.

Brooks says they are “on the same page” (gee… we hear these words a lot this season) in how they feel for each other, their openness and communication.

My favorite “moment” on her rolled up list for Brooks: fireworks in our face, romantic but dangerous

Brooks says he is still trying to “figure out” his feelings for her, but Des understands that he is “up and down” on this journey. Most importantly, she wants Brooks to be confident and comfortable moving forward with his feelings. Mom Janice sees that the happy couple have a “kinda love look” that she finds very tender. His brother asks him “Can she hang with you?”

Ugh… the word “walls” again. Brooks has them. Ben Flajnik had them before meeting Ashley Hebert… as did Brad Womack before meeting Ashley Hebert.

His family, according to Des, has “energy out of this world”. Good thing they all wore name tags on.

Brook’s hometown critter: a mallard duck he humorously commented on. It was a male following the female's lead. This was before the two of them fell in the lake.

Nate Grilling Time:

In the “coming up” preview, we see Brooks walking with Chris Harrison during the voice-over of Nate’s line: “What’s not meant to be is not meant to be.” This is an interesting edit because Brook’s solo date under the Hollywood sign in episode #2 had him discussing heartbreak with her… and she stated to Brooks that, when heartbreak happens, “then it means I wasn’t meant to be with that person”. How this will fit into Brook’s storyline is not clear… yet.

In her sit-down with Nate, she mentions that Zak shares a similar outlook as she does, being adventurous. Drew is sweet and lights up a room. Chris would make a good husband and a good father. With Brooks, “we’re just in the moment and it is really nice”. This establishes each guy’s role in her eyes. Is she seeking a husband or just wants to be “in the moment”? Other Bachelors and Bachelorettes wanted to just “be in the moment”. Perhaps Des just wants that too?

Rose Ceremony

Harrison Time: I don’t take these seriously. Ashley was all Bentley Bentley Bentley for several episodes… and Ali was all Frank Frank Frank in these. Of course Des being confident that Brooks will propose at the end of this may mean he’s “the one”.

…or not. No telling what the Fleissmeister is up to.

All of the guys get lines of doom from her voice-overs:
Chris: “say goodbye to someone”
Drew: “person going home tonight”
Zak gets the only favorable line: “here for one man”
Brooks gets “nothing is holding me back from finding my husband”, followed by a peeping tom Nate in the doorway.

Rose ceremony, Brooks, Chris and Drew get called.
Chris is standing where past F1s Jef, JP and Jesse were (along with Reid and Frankie)
Zak stands where past F1s Ed, Roberto and “F1” Graham were.

Zak leaves… and it is painful to watch. He is shocked and so are we by how deep his feelings are. Throwing the ring out of the limo! Mark my word: he will be The Star at Men Tell All getting next lead promotion.

Last edited by JBF on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by b Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 pm

RE: RC lineup...I noticed it was odd that Brooks and Drew were in the middle and Chris and Zak on the ends, with the ends usually being the stronger contenders, if I rem correctly from Bloomers analysis (I have missed Bloomers this season).

b

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Oh Bloomers was the expert on these... although I think the rose ceremonies have gotten a bit sloppy in recent years.

Just not after hometowns. They are quite fussy about that lineup.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:42 pm

Des tells him she is only skipping today. What? I thought she was at the finish line.

When she tells him she is going to skip, he then tells her, OK, then I'll run.

What do you make of the discussion of Brooks with his brother when he says something like the question you have to answer is .....forget about Des, pretend she's not with you, would you do everything possible to get to her and bring her back into your life?

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 4 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-7775-1355590544-1_zps0fd77e73
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by latergator Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 am

moonchild wrote:Des tells him she is only skipping today. What? I thought she was at the finish line.

What do you make of the discussion of Brooks with his brother when he says something like the question you have to answer is .....forget about Des, pretend she's not with you, would you do everything possible to get to her and bring her back into your life?

I think it is the foreboding of the future... MF left it in to show us what Brooks is going to have to do to get the girl in the end.  perhaps he is going to have to come just this close to losing her and then he will either move heaven and earth to get her back or he will lose her.

I think the brothers question was a really good one... to me he inferred that if she left your sight, gone from you, or she was swallowed up whole... would you love her enough?, is she the person you can't see your life without?, would you move heaven and earth to have her with you?

in regards to the skipping, when our bright knight came over the hill and down to the drawbridge (the Morman Tabernacle looked like a castle) and then Des came over the other hill... she said she was skipping to him and he said he was running to her.  as we all know, they met in the middle and a hugging/kissing fest began giggling 
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:20 am

Yeah, maybe Brooks is going to actually have to chase her by the end. Not sure if I like that.

It's the Salt Lake Temple. It's not a tabernacle. It's where I was married. Hugesmile 

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:24 am

moonchild wrote:Des tells him she is only skipping today. What? I thought she was at the finish line.

Yes. That's why Brooks said she can 'hang' with them, because she can be as sarcastic as him. It was so funny.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:19 am

Well Des also said back in episode #2 about Brooks: "when he falls in love he falls in love and he gives it his all, which is such a great quality."

Even though I am still suspicious that Chris is F1, I do try to keep an open mind that the spoilers MAY be right. Is Brooks slightly "doomed" in his edit or does he just have the usual F1 "obstacles" to overcome?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:11 am

So this episode turned things for me... it's Brooks or bust. Previously, I thought there might have been an opportunity for Chris or Drew, but based on what we saw last night - no. No opportunity for Des to wind up with anyone else and it be a happy ending... she's decided and that's it.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 am

SueSt wrote:So this episode turned things for me... it's Brooks or bust.  Previously, I thought there might have been an opportunity for Chris or Drew, but based on what we saw last night - no.  No opportunity for Des to wind up with anyone else and it be a happy ending... she's decided and that's it.  

If Brooks is temporarily out of the picture, I think she will try to move ahead with the other two but fail. You cannot feel what she is feeling and turn it off. Brooks on the other hand is not turning his feelings off he's protecting them. There's still unknowns for him with two other guys there.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:47 am

SueSt wrote:So this episode turned things for me... it's Brooks or bust.  Previously, I thought there might have been an opportunity for Chris or Drew, but based on what we saw last night - no.  No opportunity for Des to wind up with anyone else and it be a happy ending... she's decided and that's it.  

She's a pretty good actress I have to give her that. She looked very happy with Chris in the water.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 am

nd4reality wrote:

She's a pretty good actress I have to give her that. She looked very happy with Chris in the water.

Yes she did ..however IF they had her FD last with Brooks..ahe seemed to have a good time with both Drew and Chris..

And I wouldn't be surprised if all of this drama takes place between the end of the her day portion of the date and before the night time?..do you think maybe her and Brooks made up before that?
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Edit - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+28
richmondrose
Kashathediva
timfan
Tiggerlgh
pander3575